Whoever invented this style of hose clamp should rot in hell

Whoever invented this style of hose clamp should rot in hell.

(Also fuck VW for making me have to go out and buy a torx style screwdriver just for their shitty car. A philips head isn't good enough for you, you pretentious fucks? Germans are demons from hell)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.de/itm/Langbeck-GRIPZANGE-Mini-Gripzange-125-mm-Feststellzange-Karosserie-Grip-Zange/253191791132
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bring dich um lol

>american buys an european car
>expects it to be fit for american tools

We have the same shit here with goddamn fords and dodge's we often dont have tools fractioned by inches.

fuck vag cars i hope they all rot in hell when they get send to the scrappy

torx is literally a security screw, was developed as a security screw, and is specifically designed to be unuseable unless you have a mint condition torx driver. anyone who defends torx heads should be gassed and bombed

What kind of tool-less ape are you that you didn’t already have torx bits?

Soyboys who can’t use tools and tell others about “”””wrenching”””” should be gassed, but unironically.
-t. Carpenter

For my engine they just break off with rust.
Except when the tabs break off and it still clamps down. Fuck you too Japan.

>carpenter
if you're a REAL carpenter then you'd know that the only driver that should exist is #2 Robertson and we only allow others to exist for the same reasons we allow both israel AND palestine to exist (eradication of an entire race of belligerent wastemen is morally imperative, but too expensive to actually do)

In anywhere thats not freedom land, whats the size of the drive on your ratchets? We have 1/4 inch, 3/8 inch, and 1/2 drive mainly, and inch and metric sockets have inch drives so i was wondering if you guys had like 8, 10, and 12 mm drive ratchets?

ratchets tend to come in multiples of 2mm yes

but there is NOTHING WRONG with ADJUSTIBLE WRENCHES ok, i have three and no actual spanners and it's GREAT

>#2 Robertson
>Israel/Palestine bit
I like you

Also 1/4 3/8 1/2 3/4 and 1 in yurop.

welcome to kanada you meme-loving chinaman

Are the Chinese really that bad up there? I got a buddy in the Toronto area always complaining about them.

>not having torx already
just leave your car at your local mechanic, virginboy

theres a lot of asians but they dont do anything particularly foul other than buy property and not use it. but even then that mostly only happens in hongcouver and not really much at all in the rest of the country

>take my car to dealer cause free oil changes.
>free oil deal ends
>do my oil
>notice one of those clamps in missing from my pcv hose
>some fuck face mechanic lost one of those clamps off someone car and took one off my car to replace it

I cant get to mad. I know that stupid shit happens all the time at dealers. What pisses me off is that those fucking clamps are so fucking expensive and you cant just buy one.

Came here to say this.

internet has been won

just use a regular ass screw style hose clamp

Speak for yourself but it hasnt won over me man

All European cars use torx. Kill yourself

In freedom land we call those Mexican wrenches because theyre cheap but they work well enough most of the time

completely wrong
they are designed for high torque assembly applications as they don't cam out like phillips

Those aren't bad an neither are torx. My MK4 is easier to work on than my 01 civic

>fpbp

Both of these issues pissed me the fuck off when I'd wrench on my 2001 'saab'

Hahahahaa fucking americans, get fucked you twelve-fifteenths of an inch retards.
>americucks get defeated by a VAG
>americucks can't use parts that were designed NOT to strip
What joy I get when you retards sperg out when someone puts a vehicle built out of non-caveman material in front of you.

Torx is American buddy.

Some of these shits are on my Mustang.

*chews up your hose*

OP is retarded, yes, but if you ever want /int/ shittery that I assume made you like this to end please remember that the retards are just a loud minority of any population. I fuckin' love torx.

You are sooo cool dude...

you have to be some kind of retarded

A Torx, should be a Ribe on a VW, your torx will likely break shortly,

Shame the Germans don't use it.

>replace all my shitboxes screw with torx to fuck over the next owner

use the right tool
>phillips over torx
No. Buy a Nissan if you want a car put together with drywall screws.

Worm gear hose clamps are the best BY FAR. You don't seem them anymore on high vol assembly line cars because it takes too long for a factory worker to install them.

They do chew up hoses, but that's not the main issue. The biggest problem with work drive clamps is that they create uneven pressure points on the plastic outlets on the radiator. This leads to deformation and cracking over time and exposure to hot coolant.

The spring clamps are designed to provide even pressure all around the hose, and as the rubber and plastics expand during heat, the spring clamp expands slightly to compensate for the hose.

I find it fucking awful that most auto parts stores don't stock the OEM spring clamps. People hate them because it requires channel locks or a massive pair of pliers to get them on and off.

If you don't own channel locks or you can't handle using them, you have no place around tools and working on your car is probably not a good idea.

What a joke, a $100,000 car with $0.87 plumbing hardware holding everything together.

Same as meriland.
t. someone who uses stanely/kincrome tools in straya

>Doesn't know sprung loaded worn drive clamps when he sees them
>Thinks regular sprung clamps are superior
>tfw

that a stock silicone radiator hose?

All it requires is using hands unless they're fubar. Worm drive is more hassle than anything, fuck holding it in place while turning a slotted screw. They have their uses and they are greatly improved when they have a slotted nut

Worm hose clamps are very bad because they don't apply pressure at the end with the worm assembly.

The best are actually one time use and engineered specifically for the barb material and temperature range.

Picrelated.
If you're using anything else on a fuel system then you're a fucking retard.

Sprung loaded worm clamps do, hence my comment. Single use clamps are for the manufacturer, nothing else, they aren't better at anything except being cheap and fast for robot installation.

not one fucking person has any ideas why they arent like normal hose clamps or jubilee clamps.

the reason why your stupid fucking cars have them is because they have a set clamping pressure, and they should really be used cause they apply a right amount of pressure and are usually used where plastic and other items that could break from over-tightening up a hose clamp.

just proves how dumb Veeky Forums people.

They're used because they're cheap and fast, setting clamp pressure on a constant pressure clamp is as simple as a torque driver.

these grip just fine and don't leave pressure gaps but I can see the need for temp and pressure expansion flexing

Which is what these are for

>just proves how dumb Veeky Forums people.

yup, really shows us how dumb we are....

ya, same shit but with an inner ring to keep the clamped material from pinching.

I just don't understand why people are thinking these leave pressure gaps

It's also sprung loaded to account for expansion/contraction.

ya I noticed that after the post. Im probably gonna get some of these and replace the ones in my car with them as I go. Seems way easier than getting channel locks into annoying spaces

Torx are actually the ideal bit you twat

I know that feel.
t. Leaky power steering

Nah Ribe or Polydrive is, even Torx know it isn't good because they revised it with Torx plus.

>strip torx
>use hex

>strip that abomination
>need to drill it out
Yeah nah

>Worm gear hose clamps are the best BY FAR
wtf are you saying, do you mean jubilee clips by any chance?

>burger intelligence...

You don't strip a Ribe bit, I've broken the bits but never stripped one, the available torque is insane and it's the reason Torx plus looks a hell of a lot more like Ribe/Polydrive.

We don't call them that here in Aus either, they're just hose clamps and to be specific worm drive hose clamps.

I like the ones that are closed on the loop end. they're no problem.

The ones that are open and have two prongs though, fuck those.

The fuck is the point of the tab that sticks out? Its like its there to keep you from opening it enough to remove it.

On the ones Ive used it's got a detent which locks it into the other tab to keep it open.

Nah. That one is clearly the kind that only lets you open it barely far enough to fit over the hose nub and spring back to hurt your fingertips.

>A philips head isn't good enough for you, you pretentious fucks?
It's not you moron.
It strips. Torx was designed to not strip.

>freedom land
Do muritards still believe this?

What's wrong with spring clips? They're simple and apply even pressure around a hose, and are also cheaper as well. Can't you use pliers to open these
>OP is a weakling you can't open hose clips
>Actually thinking Phillips isn't a shit screw head

Pic related is why I hate these clamps. I wasn't about to go out and drop another 30 bucks on some fucking specialized pliers for the clamps so I used regular pliers. However they didn't open wide enough so I had to force one clip into the plier with my thumb. Then this happened. So fuck these clamps and fuck krauts. (and other eurotrash that do the same thing)

>just use channel locks to remove them

Anyone who says this has clearly never been shoulder deep in an engine bay with a need for 3 extra arm joints trying to remove one of the stupid things that has the tabs facing away from the only direction of access and absolutely zero visibility on the offending clamp.

> "ME NO BUY TOOL FOR CAR!"
> *pinches thumb like a retard
> "UGG UUUUUGGG!!! ME HATE CAR!!!"

torxfrog.PNG

So you’re incompetent and blaming it on a basic spring clamp?

I was working on a Merc GLK the other day, going at the interior trim with a t20 because everythings a t20... then out of nowhere, a fucking phillips. What asshole put a phillips in there?

Just use a fucking c-clamp you dip. When u was replacing my charge air valve I just used a c-clamp to get the thing loose enough to move it down the line and off the valve, and then back up to the valve one the new one was in place.

I’m with this guy.

I have them on my Toyota as well, and I can't complain. I got long-nose locking pliers from Ebay for €4, and they work just fine. Clamp them on, and one can wiggle that hose clamp to any position on that hose just fine.

ebay.de/itm/Langbeck-GRIPZANGE-Mini-Gripzange-125-mm-Feststellzange-Karosserie-Grip-Zange/253191791132

This

I've heard it said that this type is superior since it maintains tension as the hose ages.