Tesla btfo by 2019 Jaguar i-pace

how soon before tesla goes bankrupt? jaguar, porsche, vw, bmw, mercedes, buick all launching full-on assault of e cars. all will be better than what tesla can offer

Other urls found in this thread:

tesla.com/blog/all-our-patent-are-belong-you
tesla.com/gigafactory
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Tesla’s monopolization of this segment is drawing to a close. An army of luxury-branded EVs is on the horizon, and the new 2019 Jaguar I-Pace is the first of them to roll into showrooms, starting in the summer of 2018.

>According to Jaguar, the new I-Pace accelerates to 60 mph in 4.5 seconds and can travel 240 miles on a fully charged battery.

where's the catch though, looks too good to be legit

They'll cost more or will have tissue thin profit margins.

Model S costs S class money, but isn't as nice as the s class. Though tesla makes a 20 percent or off on each sale.

Tesla also has a better charging network. Everyone else has to deal with a mix of low amp 240v chargers and rare DC chademo chargers.

>Model S costs S class money, but isn't as nice as the s class.
It's not only not as nice it has literally zero WANT factor.

i-pace is going to be cheaper than the model X. they just revealed everything this morning

they're going to charge faster too as the tech improves

Umm

People are crazy for Teslas.

interior

a couple of faggots =/= people

But where? Cars only charge as fast as the station provides. Tesla super chargers are better than most other stations.

nobody's gonna go crazy for a tesla when the market is flooded with dope electrics

at home, the gen braking, etc. i don't think the network about town is important to people. most people only drive 30 miles a day. this jag gets 240-300 miles

>Tesla also has a better charging network.
Only in the US. The German car brands are already lobbying for protectionist policy in EU courts so they can prevent Tesla from setting up too strong of a charging network. Something about "monopolies". Unfortunately for Tesla they do not have the production network that could hope to match the german/EU manufacturers' and once they begin to shift to electric car production they will grind Tesla into the ground in the global market.

Tesla will probably maintain majority market share in the US and german brands will probably simply just rent chargers off Tesla, or Musk's team will lobby to have the Tesla charging systems charging system be made "standard fitment" (like petrol nozzles and fillers have to be the same size across all cars) so they can make licensing money off the production.

I live in Wyoming. You can drive a tesla across the state without a problem. A Bolt or other long range ev will have no fast or 240v over night charging available.

sexy af

tesla has a MASSIVE advantage of "it" factor kind of like what apple has.
i suspect tesla will be a market leader conceptually even if it won't keep a market lead in sales volume

basically tesla will do apple's thing of making something "new" which isn't actually new, but it's executed so well that people assume they came up with it.

however i think my first EV Will end up being this thing. I have a hard on for the microbus now and a weird EV version of it sounds pretty cool

>slower than a Model X P100D
>btfo

It only wins in the looks department.

damn, must be nice to live in a first world country and be able to afford a car like this...where i live, i'm going to be dead before i could even purchase this thing

>tesla has a MASSIVE advantage of "it" factor kind of like what apple has.

for the moment.

the german brands have only really toyed with the idea of EVs, once they got full production their brands will still be cooler than tesla is. that jag in the the OP already looks much more appealing and stylish than a tesla

I can't think of another car company that rose so fast and is about to fall of equally as fast.

part of telsa's brand appeal is that they're non-establishment
so bmw and mercedes making EVs doesn't necessarily impact that

right, but my point is that once the entire industry shifts, tesla are part of the establishment. what is going to separate a tesla EV from a BMW EV once every car is electric?

the fact that tesla essentially started the movement and was only established a few years ago rather than decades.

im not sure people would give enough of a shit about that for tesla to remain top dog in the long run

brand loyalty is also strong, so i cant really see all the german car owners suddenly converting to tesla products, especially when their brands go full EV production

This is Jaguar, great styling but not a lot of volume and lots of quality problems.

Imagine when Mercedes, Porsche and BMW are all making EVs.

When you can drive around in a G wagon or Range Rover instead of some awful looking crossover tesla ev, you better believe the roasties will jump ship.

The fact that Teslas are electric are hardly the most antiestablishment part of the company, direct sale is WAY more significant, as well as their branching into energy storage, charging network, etc. Imagine a company making ICE cars, selling them direct at a large scale, and owning their own gas stations with an incentive to owners of the brand, that would be pretty out there, even with a traditional car. Tesla is doing all that and more, and they are electric.

Once people get a taste of how much better a direct sale/manufacturer providing service vs. a franchise dealer system they won't go back. These numbers are no accident, and it doesn't have anything to do with EV vs ICE. The franchise system is bloated, despised, and and a terrible experience for buyers.

This brings me to another question,

how exactly will the german performance brands separate themselves from the others in terms of engineering?

im pretty clueless about EVs, but from my understand they are infinitely simpler than ICE cars, how is a BMW ev going to ''perform better'' than a mazda or honda EV in future?

It's a good question, but I think design will be the biggest way. Really most cars are good now (most car companies can do a pretty good job of building the average car the average person buys), and what is separating them from each other is design. I'm sure there will still be performance tricks, not to mention lightweighting, gadgets, autonomy, aero, noise-vibration-harshness/acoustics, and so on.

I also think in the semi-near future cars will be thought of as even more of a commodity. I think a great majority of the youth won't own one, they'll just have one pick them up using whatever app, or if they can drive just rent them using their phone when they do need a car. It kinda sucks, but at the same time I'm excited to see what happens. I'm also fairly confident that hobbyists like us will still be able to have lots of fun using more specialized drivers car.

mercedes? might be cool
bmw? shittier mercedes
porsche? now that'll be interesting. porsche is very good at suspension tuning to make even top heavy land barges like the cayenne handle and feel way the fuck better than they have any right to

it's slightly cheaper than the base model X. the p100D model X is 2x the price

Most of Tesla tech is opensource.
tesla.com/blog/all-our-patent-are-belong-you
Their plug is license free. They want competitors to come into auto tech. And then they will sell them their batteries fool.

Forgot
tesla.com/gigafactory

>bmw? shittier mercedes
DELET THIS

>all will be better than what tesla can offer
Proof?

Also, you seem to be a part of that bandwagon mentality where you forget how much stock is owned by people who decide for us. Not to mention all the other businesses and business deals that still bring in revenue.

Please, stop trying to pretend something is when it isn't. There are indeed smarter people then you on the Internet.

Just wait till the Mission E comes through thats the one tesla is worried about,

Theirs apparently gonna several trim levels too so it will be very available. Porshe is already working on gettinf super chargers attached to all their dealerships

which is fine but Porsche dealership are pretty sparse and really only in high income areas

I want the supercharge competition but it an't just be a dealership locations

Mainly did this to bring down costs, musks sees gas cars the real primary competition and other electric cars secondary. By doing this he can focus on killing off gas and bringing electric to the forefront which they have a huge headstart on.

Eventually the competition will become the primary competition sooner than he can ever expect, electric car rollouts for a big player are all looming

Teslas fucked will either get bought by someone(apple, google) or get relegated as one of many electric car options

modern bmw is a far, far cry from it's e46/e39/e38 golden age
search your feelings, you know it to be true

>i-pace

Woah woah woah. You just need to stop making so much sense around here pal..

BTFO by
Tesla has never made money, do you think Panasonic has ever lost any money on the Laptop batteries they sell Tesla.

The catch is typical Jaguar reliability

great
competition creates progress

You faggots do realize it's a CROSSOVER

Not since the Great Depression, surely.

I think Tesla's selling point is the self driving factor trhough

>I think Tesla's selling point is the self driving factor trhough
trhough ?
though or through
Bwaaa

yeah but it's an EV, it's not like it's a real car

no doubt. I can also see Cadillac and Buick offering REALLY compelling crossover EVs for middle / upper middle class buyers. Tesla is fucked

Don't like 90% of the US population (and 99% of the people that can afford higher end cars) live in or near major cities?

>before tesla goes bankrupt

None because venture capitalist.

>Crossover

We call those hatchbacks.

>Tesla also has a better charging network. Everyone else has to deal with a mix of low amp 240v chargers and rare DC chademo chargers.

chargers have to be standardized if e cars are to go beyond a meme

choice of materials and configuration of batteries/motors

better materials and batteries for either mileage or power output, configuration of more cells in paralell for lower voltage/higher capacity, or in series for higher voltage/higher top speed and power.

>Jaguar i-pace
>all electric
>not their micro turbine range extenders

no no no theyre doing it wrong

Oh wait their goal is not to give the end user the best product but rather to make sure centralized production of energy never goes away because biofuel can be made in decentralized ways by utilizing microbes that produce energetic compounds like yeas producing alcohol or algae producing vegetable oil.

>integrated headrest
>shiny plastic everywhere
>fucking WHITE interior
Disgusting

the fuck are you talking about? Any Joe Schmuck can put up solar panels and a battery on his house

tesla is being btfo in the self-driving race by GM, Volvo, and Google, among others

Yeah but it's not a Tesla so is automatically better
It's not a 90s Kia sedan that weighs 9 squillion tons.
>Muh 0-60
Improving 0 to 60 times on an electric car is the easiest thing in the world, more amps, more power. Drivetrain reliability suffers greatly by just dumping more amps into something.

BMW has already showed their plan.

They have the M division for motor sports tuning. And the i division for eco tuning. The i8 is a sports car yes but everything about its design was chosen for eco friendlyness. Its made from recycled bullshit, its tires are for mpgs and not sportyness, its engine choice and hybrid system come with a eco mode and sport mode, one for that 70mpgs and one for spirited driving.

essentially they plan on offering an M car for sportyness and an i car for econess.

Jaguar charging isn't as good as Tesla.

The electrics are made for the UK power grid with the phase, amps etc being geared towards how we have our grid.

For now Tesla is much better than jag having many more stations that are standardised.

Why the fuck do e cars looks so weird?
All those fucking angles are an eye sore