Honda Fit

With the 1.5l and 130hp is this the 2018 Civic EG but corrupted by modern way of society's understanding cars?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rpiJjPsiNMg
hooktube.com/watch?v=pUedgrbww94
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes. Civic is an accord now. Accord is like an RL

This is OBJECTIVELY the best economy car money can buy. I just wish they'd throw the turbo from the Civic in it and slap an Si badge on it. Keep it at EX-T power so it doesn't completely cannibalize the Civic Si, I don't give a fuck. I'd buy the shit out of it.

the first gens are approaching "fit for $3k" territory

Almost 100 hp per liter and uses 87 octane, sounds good to me

Great, then we'll get all kind of threads about accidentally ejected sparks that cause misfires but not a CEL.

I would buy a Fit SI in an instant. I maintain there is enough room for a 1.5T in an fit engine bay.

Confirmed, I was in a Honda stealership recently and the Civic is now Accord sized, and the Accord is now a monster.

mazda 2 senor

I drive a 2nd gen Fit and that just about sums up my thoughts.
I really like it. If it made more power, I'd fucking love it.

It doesn't even need to be that much more. They could make it smaller displacement but add turbo, tune it to 160, and it'd be fine.

Sonic is better.

Except the Fit is actually practical and reliable.

A fucking kia is better, and it doesn't feel like a cheap economy car

We need a K24A2 fit

It would sell, but it would be cool

It needs a 2 door version
If the Toyota Yaris can get a 2 door version, why not this

Saw a video of someone engine swapped it on youtube and run it at sepang malaysia, shit is badass.

The Sonic is practical and reliable as well. It's not a Ford Fiesta, Kia Rio, or Hyundai Accent.
The 1.4T Chevy uses is reliable and has good aftermarket support..

Is it as easy to work on as a Yaris?

doubtful.jpg

Are these what Civics should have become?

nipps can't make good looking car

Civics were always going to get bigger. It happens with every car, they make it bigger than the last generation until they have to create a new smaller model to fit in the space the original car occupied. The Accord might actually get retired soon, because people who want a big car get an SUV, not a sedan.

actually in some countries the new accord won't be selling due to the hugeness of he civic sedan and people going for those danmed suvs

Mazda looks okay.

I don't think they sell the Accord here in the UK, it's not listed as a new car on their website. Renault also stopped selling large saloons in the UK about 5-10 years ago because nobody bought them.

No, a Mazda 2 is

The Civic weighs less than the previous gen. What are you guys smoking?

Is that a Dodge Dart wagon?

They're talking about size. The Civic is mid-sized car now, it used to be a small hatchback.

US accord has been burger only for a while.

The euro accord was a great car. I had an 08 Acura TSX. I guess it’s basically an Accord R?

It was the only way to get a Honda with a proper multi link front suspension, instead of the burger basic Macdonalds struts (except for the Japan built RL/ Legend)

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Mazda 2 is so cramped but handles well.

posting in a fit appreciation thread

big if true.

I used to own polo.
Every generation of VW Polo is designed about one single idea. To let owner know that he should have threw some more money and bought golf instead. It's a car that hates you for being poor piece of shit.

spaceegg was the last good civic

>The Sonic is practical
>sonic owner detected
The fit is the pinnacle in hatch practicality.

abandoned drag strip somewhere near tallahassee

They're very nice. I like twingish interior configurability. I wanted to get one but they're meme-tier overpriced in my country (Poland). Literally 200% of corsa or punto, 150% of colt or fabia. IDK Polish people propably believe they're indestructible or something.

Don't own a Sonic. Test drove one though. Here.
Have a Sonic BOOM!
youtube.com/watch?v=rpiJjPsiNMg

wow that blue color is fantastic, looks like we don't get that in the states
i wouldn't want to be that guy who buys a newer version of his same car but in another world i would get a new fit in that color

>go to college
>massive debt
>trouble getting a job because everyone has the same shitty degree as you
>finally get a job with an auto maker
>going to show off cars for Chevy at the big shows
>fuck yeah
>read up about corvettes and camaros
>ready as fuck
>get told im going to be in charge of showing off a sonic concept
>concept?
>thats cool
>get to show
>its a sonic with a fucking riced out stereo system like something from the 90s

I'm bout to test drive a 15' fit today, I sat in a few but never drove one, kinda excited. I own an 09 civic now and just bored with it, and I want something a bit more fuel efficient since I do a lot of driving and just looks like a lot of fun to drive. Also looks really easy to work on and do self maintenance, which I do all the time on my civic.

And yet it's lighter. Size is only an issue if you're a city cuck

This.
NA 115 HP engine paired with 6 speed manual transmission makes it a really fun car to drive.
I am 6.3 and fit just fine.

I'm a bong and am looking at these, thinking of getting a 1.4L mk2 si with about 40k miles for about 5000. Only other option is really a fiesta but yeah, these seem pretty dank for the price. Any advice/things I should be aware of?

Yeah, get a Mazda instead

Fits all my criteria of a largish boot, able to fold down the rear seats, having 5 doors... thanks

I kind of wish they made a sporty Fit

take the 1.5 turbo of the new civic then give it stiffer suspensions and better dampers. More camber in the front and rear and wishbone suspension then give it a good exhaust note and an LSD, reduce weight by 200 pounds via various methods, 6 speed manual.

Honda Fit Si starting at 20k. 180hp, FF 2400lbs. I think it would give the miata a good run for the money

My wife dailies a Sonic Turbo and can confirm that it's reliable (so far). If it was the CVT I'd be worried about it, but the 6 speed manual is as reliable as you choose to drive it. My only gripe is that the dash/gauge layout is a fucking disaster, but it's a fun POS to chuck about even though its handling characteristics aren't ideal. But if you really care about that, the Fiesta ST is a thing even though it costs more.

$20k for all that? Unlikely

Are there major differences in interior space from like an 09 fit to a 3rd gen fit? I test drove a 3rd gen fit today, love how it drives and was pretty spacious inside. The older gens look a bit smaller on the inside, is this true? Can't really afford the 3rd gen ones now so was looking into the older ones.

The Sonic automatic doesn't use a CVT. It uses a conventional 6 speed automatic

>add a bunch of shit
>>reduce weight by 200 pounds via """"various methods""""

>bragging about 86hp/l

Hell, the new Mustang gets 92hp/l in a huge V8. So much for the law of diminishing returns.

>2012 Honda Civic
>2,597 to 2,895 lbs

>2017 Honda Civic
>2,739 to 3,117 lbs

I think he meant "add 200 pounds via various methods"

those weights are for you

Maybe, as of right now there's so little aftermarket for them.

The Type R at 3100lbs sure has an equivalent America model made in 2012, right?
And don't let those base model DXs skew the lower ends of that range either, the new base models come with a lot more standard and are comparable to older specced up options, even with heavier turbo engines

The Legend returns (in a fashion)

1.5 L is already tiny for a four cylinder engine, though. Bore it out more or replace the engine with a larger one AND add a turbo.

someone answer this, and also let's get to the bottom of why the 2013 Fit had less trouble than the 2012 on hills, according to someone in the previous Fit thread.

Civic si still has a better hp/weight ratio than the fit

Well considering the Fit doesn't even have an Si variant I'd certainly hope so.

Is this Japan's Twingo?

u tell me m8

I got mine strictly because it reminded me of my old civic EX and I had always liked the EG body styles. So far it's a pretty great car other than the sound, which normally i don't mind but damn it sounds like absolute shit especially at idle.

How is the road noise at highway speed in these things?

not horrible. it's a little louder than most cars but negligible. Drove 2 hours away on the parkway and it didn't bother me at all.

This. The support is much better plus it takes more power like a champ with it's turbo. You are wasting money if you are getting a small ecohatch with no turbo.

I own a 2nd gen and had a 3rd gen as a loaner for a few days.
3rd gen is slightly larger on the inside, but I would say it's negligible.
3rd gen driver's seat can go back further, so if you're taller it's definitely noticeable (I'm 6'1 and the 2nd gen fits me fine with the seat all the way back).
But the biggest difference between the two is the interior quality. The 3rd gen is nicer on the inside. Honda really refined it.

All in all, the 2nd gen Sport trim is really nice, especially considering you can buy one with low-miles for dirt cheap.
If you want an auto, the 2nd gen comes with a 5-speed with paddle shifters. They shift a little slow, but it's barely noticeable.

The 3rd is a little nicer on the inside, has a little more horsepower, but they only offer the transmission in CVT (at least from what I've seen at every dealer in this area).
They added the 2018 "Sport" trim, so they may stock more manuals.

the Honda site's builder shows you can get 6 speed stick at LX, Sport and EX. If you can't get one at a dealership that's purely an inventory issue and they can order one for you. Honda and the dealerships want to sell you their cars, they will build to order if it's not in stock.

The 130hp one looks really fun

>GM

Don't ever fucking compare the two again. I swear to god I will shit on your front porch.

here they only sell the fit(jazz) with 1.3 liter 102hp(still the previous gen?)
And the civic with 1.0 liter turbo that make 130hp or 1.5 liter turbou

I got a 2018 Fit two weeks ago. So far its a great car. Only problem I'm having is the Bluetooth and Android Auto only decide to work half the time :/
Anyone else experience this?

The worst sounding engine I've ever heard actually. Everyone only cares about Accord and CR-V Honda literally gives a bonus if someone manages to pawn a fit off in someone.

-source: sell hondas

Bluetooth and Android auto can't work at the same time. Have to pick one or the other

I like the sound in my second gen, it has that classic VTEC sound. And the first gen is just an old civic motor.

Now the third gen cvt holding highway rpms at 4K....

Android Auto only works when the phone is plugged in via cord. Android Auto uses your phone to do all the heavy grunt work, essentially putting your phone in the dash. Consequently, the bluetooth no longer works when Android Auto or Apple CarPlay are active. But since your phone is already in the dash anyways, what's the point of bluetooth? Android Auto has access to everything on your phone and can do calls, music streaming and navigation via apps on the phone.

Yeah I'm talking about the new one. Had to teach someone how to drive manual in it. Engine is crying

Only problem with the fit is you can get an EP3 Si for a fraction of the price or import a Type R from Japan for about the same cost as a fit.

212 hp stock out of a car smaller than the fit is pretty appealing.

I haven't ever driven one, but it sounds really good in this video to me. Is this not what they sound like?

hooktube.com/watch?v=pUedgrbww94

Nah I mean that's about it. But 2018 sport I was in holds revs pretty high and drones even with stock exhaust.

I tried to fix it. What do you think?

still shit.

Shit user where near? I'm in Tally

i hope you're 5'5" because you'd have to be to fit in there

I guess that's more a vertical thing. I know I'm only about 5'7" but I need to pull the seat back most of the way in my old corolla to have my legs fit properly.

make it 3 door and we are good

can you fuck in one?

Not him, but the yaris is better. I own a fit and it's quicker and drives better, but the yaris is more reliable, way more reliable actually, and more solidly made. There's a reason toyota is king.

if only there was a vehicle that synthesized the best qualities of each into one coherent whole

Hi.

>tfw lost my virginity in a fit