teamfortress.tv/servers

>Tips and guides
Blog: tf2.com
Wiki: wiki.tf
Class guides: pastebin.com/u/TheOperator
FAQ: pastebin.com/6t7WNtgn
Mods: pastebin.com/bzzUK5tz
Steam status: steamstat.us steamgaug.es
Preview Loadout: whatsnext.loadout.tf | steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/158547475
HUDs: huds.tf
Game Traffic: steamcharts.com/app/440#1y

>Trading
Sites: scrap.tf | tf2outpost.com | backpack.tf | bazaar.tf
BP check: backpack.tf
Prices: backpack.tf | trade.tf
Scrapbanking: scrap.tf | scrapbank.me
Skins: p337.info/tfview/

>Competitive
Basics: playcomp.tf
Comp Wiki: comp.tf
Lobbies: tf2center.com/lobbies
Scripting: pastebin.com/1VmngMfJ | pastebin.com/H3WfKLaB
TF2 streams: teamfortress.tv
UGC (Global): ugcleague.com
ESEA (NA/EU): play.esea.net
ETF2L (EU): etf2l.org
AusFortress (AUS): ozfortress.com
AsiaFortress (Asia): asiafortress.com
FBTF (Brazil AHUE): teamfortress.com.br/forum/

>IRC
irc://irc.rizon.net/tf2g
pastebin.com/9S37Kk0W

>/tf2g/s looking to party queue
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15-e-Sut2sj954Cjm8aGzXMaN4dSSop7xgiyp9DCdOK8/edit?usp=sharing
>List of active, or at least semi-active players of /tf2g/
pastebin.com/GyT3Csue

Other urls found in this thread:

tf2r.com/kc7pon4.html
streamable.com/c6qq3
clips.twitch
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1th for it being almost that time of the year

tf2r.com/kc7pon4.html

christ that is an ugly demo

just do it, tf2center players aren't far from pub players
i used to think i was complete trash when i joined my first lobby but i finished with a 2kd
just do your homework (learn rollouts and what you're approximately supposed to do) and literally nobody will have ground to complain

*decloaks behind you*

/outtatheloop/ here

Was there any news at all about the Pyro update? Is it still happening? What's going on?

Lmao

That update is never gonna drop

>pyro update

HOLY SHIT

i swear in 5 years when the pyro update releases for real nobody is going to believe it

1. No.
2. Supposedly.
3. Nothing.

Buff the shields

>Buffing demoknight cancer when you already get free explosive/fire resist AND a get out of jail free card in one weapon
lol

>Snoipin's a good job, m8.
How does one get a job as a sniper?
None of that nilitary career GI Joe cuckold shit, just sniping.

>there are pubbers that think their pub level means anything at all ITT
if you spend most of those 400 hours playing silly mods or "friendly hoovy XD" it doesnt mean anything
look into hours played for each class, thats the real deal. also make sure to disable mouse accel and have hitsound and damage numbers
quickplay hurt community servers
casual wiped comm. servers off the radar and killed most of the few good pubs left

1. Be polite.
2. Be efficient.
3. Have a pan to kill every one you meat.
I don't understand the last one either.

Haha Valve servers do suck. Let me just play some traditional TF2 around the traditional TF2 community server. I am very glad that there are so many quality servers available to play the traditional community TF2 on.

>Be self-proclaimed God King of TF2
>Lose horribly at Competitve Ramadan 2017
Thank God this shit is finally over
Now "muh meta" won't delay the Jungle Update anymore

>tfw playing on shitternet
>tfw also playing on a craptop
>tfw when i see this it usually means my entire computer is going to crash and i have to restart it
>tfw more than once have i had to apologize to people for crashing because of this

who wants to see competitive winter ramadan 2017 in sweden? i consider taking tickets inshallah
haram post
burn

may the descendants of moh4mmed, peace be upon him, smite youi the name of 4llah

Literally just train until you're a really good marksman, get a top of the range rifle and get good at concealing yourself, then make a site advertising your services on the deep web

In other words you can't and never will you fuckin pussy

also what is the best meet the team video and why is it meet the sniper?

>meet the sniper
my nig
i remember back when i had shit internet i downloaded that vid from steam just to watch in 1080p
its so well structured, better than meet the pyro imo

>Player Destruction
>Robot Destruction
>Special Delivery
>PASS Time
>Carnival of Carnage (or really any Halloween map, especially after 2012)
>cp_cloak
Why?

>dominating some pyro main
>begins to attack my unusual in chat
>lol that's only 30 keys, youre pathetic

Are there any really good engineer players that I can watch demos of?

meet the videos official ranking
sniper > spy > medic > demo > heavy > soldier > scout > engi > pyro

wow almost forgot those existed, thanks user
>all those abandoned projects that didnt even leave the beta
>comp MM is one of them

>Much speculation about Meet the Pyro for a very long time
>Fans get annoyed at it taking forever to come out
>No way it can meet fan expectations by this point
>It comes out and is shit

>Much speculation about the Pyro Update 2, etc.

i mean, it wasnt BAD, but its hard to top-off something as charismatic as meet the sniper or meet the spy
meet the spy was specially good, that shit was lit

I don't think Meet the Pyro was as bad as all that. Sure, it was edgy, but it showcased the pyro character perfectly. I'd rank them Spy > Sniper > Demo > Pyro > Medic > Scout > Soldier > Heavy

i wrote a semi-detailed guide on how to snipe good a while back and another user added some points i missed onto that so here you go

>soldier being that low on the list
your an gay

They were all good, imo, it's just that there are better ones.

>soldiers
dude lol

how much would it cost to get a small website to host a pugchamp-like service? just paying for a domain and a website that supports around 20 users.
the heavy was the first one, they clearly knew less about "filmmaking" back then. it pretty much peaked in 2009 with meet the spy, they never got much better from then on but are still interesting.

I found meet the heavy to be very good despite, or perhaps even because, of how simple it was. It's very charming.

>better than meet the pyro imo

Hopefully everyone hates meet the pyro because it's absolute garbage and spawned the cancer that is pyrovision

Meet the sniper > meet the spy > meet the demoman > meet the soldier > meet the heavy > meet the scout > meet the engineer > meet the medic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> meet the pyro

>meet the heavy
>good
it was extremelly simplistic, almost barebones
>just lazy small animations while sitting and some ingame footage with a few face animations

I enjoyed the "One shudders to imagine what inhuman thoughts lie behind that mask..." edits it spawned.

What did everyone think of Expiration Date? I think the whole scout/spy sequence is brilliant but the ending is lame and boring. I hope they make a new video some day tho regardless

It was extremely stupid.

It was awful. The lack of voice acting really hurt it, but if they had done fan voice acting it would've made it worse and it was just way too long.

Oh wait, wrong video. I thought Expiration Date wasn't that awful, it helped flesh out how the mercs interact with each other, but the bread monster was a bit silly. Spy trying to act fatherly toward the scout through his exasperation really made the entire thing, though.

what video were you thinking of? was it that mayann project one? that one was lame.

EoTL

>Tonight's the night...

ESEA grand finals, though.

I'm not even angry.
I'm being so sincere right now.

I have never played TF2. Is it too late? Honest question.

It's worth playing at least once, theres a good amount of problems introduced by the most "recent" update that may make it somewhat unfun. Besides it's free, so the only thing you're spending is time.
Just stay away from sniper and spy.

Don't you think it is a little late to give a review on that short, given that it is 10 years old.

Not too late, it still has players.

>not playing all the classes
Plebeian.

I've written reviews on Shakespeare so clearly that concept is lost on me.

It's never too late.

>writing about Shakespeare
Nigga you gay?
Anyway that makes TF2 the perfect game for you.

>>not playing all the classes
I mean that he is just starting, so he would be useless playing those classes. It also ruins the fun for everyone else, unless you really enjoy having 4 fucking spies and 3 snipers that don't do anything in casual.

This is what it's like to be bad.

I have found classic literature reviews are the most popular among the crowd that doesn't understand adblock.

Ah, of course. Fair enough.

I know it still has players but is there a constant flow of new players or only veterans play now and I will get my shit kicked in every game

there will always be new players, but then there's also going to be a lot of veterans who all play together and completely stack a team. it all depends on what team you end up on really.

It's okay, user. We all started from somewhere. Just don't give up, and remember, even if the chances of you winning are 1%, you can make up the difference between that and 100% with sheer courage and guts!

I'll do that, user. Also, this just happened.

streamable.com/c6qq3

>streamable.com/c6qq3
OUT
FUCKING
SKILLED

Hi Robert!

>enter a server
>team is getting fucked with, camped by demoman+medic combos and scouts
>single-handedly turn it around and ruin their fun

I'm not even good at this game

Fucking epic. Also, if you're new to the game and not really familiar with the classes, you will really suffer playing as scout on 2fort. It's not a very scout friendly map. I recommend playing some KOTH or 5CP(Kong King and Process are two very beginner friendly scout maps that come to mind.) instead if you really want to play scout. He excels in open spaces with lots of flank routes. A lot of people who are actually good at the game also play 5CP, while more beginners will be on maps like 2fort or Turbine, though if you really want to play CTF, scout's not terrible on Turbine either, I guess. I don't play Doublecross that much, but he should be fine on Landfall too. If you really want to get good at the game, though, get out of the kiddie sandbox that is CTF and start playing more KOTH and 5CP. Playing payload will give you a decent grasp of class roles as well, but I find that a lot of payload maps suffer from poor design and with the DR in it's current overbuffed state, spies just make it way too annoying to play.

>gurrl gamer medic main in an unusual with australium medi-gun
>is actually quiet and plays well

I don't particularly like scouts, though. I play mostly medic and engie. I actually took a 2 year break from tf2 and I started playing it again last week. The sniper time is there from 2 years ago.
Thanks for all the advice, user.

>Medic and engineer
In my opinion, to be a truly great medic, you have to put in some serious playtime as other classes. Learn how they move, how a soldier would think, and then you become the surf/juke master like fucking Raymon in that one i61 clip. I'm not a big fan of playing engineer or being tied down to a level 3 sentry. If you're not going balls deep into enemy territory with that sentry and moving the defensive line up, you're playing the class wrong. If you're just after fat widowmaker meatshots, I recommend playing scout instead.

>going balls deep into enemy territory with that sentry and moving the defensive line up
Yeah, that's how I've been playing engie, but with the mini sentry instead of the normal one.

Seriously, look at the balls on this guy: clips.twitch DOT tv/TameBrightPuddingPanicVis
The golden rule as medic is always "pop it, don't drop it" and it takes absolute balls to both juke like that and still not drop uber. He played like this all LAN, too. Surfing and juking are essential skills to learn as medic, and I feel like you learn them best not playing as medic, but also getting experience in as other classes.

>"Fucking epic"
>it's not an ironic shitpost
Well that took me back.

Drop the mini, it got nerfed to heck. What you really want is the jag + a level 2 sentry + if your team has a second engineer for him not to upgrade your sentry.

I've gotten into the bad habit of unironically using the word epic after using it ironically so often. It's like an irony wraparound or something.

Do people not surf as every class? There's so much explosive spam in this game it's easy to bounce around.

>the first time you grenade hop as Heavy revved up in the middle of a crowd of unaware people

Surfing and juking as medic is way more important, because you're such an big priority pick. You're rarely going to be bombed as heavy because he denies bombers so hard, unless your name is Muuki, I guess, but you're going to be constantly dealing with it if you're playing medic.

>2/3 enemy intels are capped
>third one is picked up
>someone says "don't cap!" in text or voice
>dumbass teammate wastes time doing le epic funny dance taunt around the cap zone wasting everyone's time

If you're going to stall the game by not capping the third intel, at least spam it properly with L. Watching someone holding the Intel just doing the kazotsky kick, mannrobics, or conga gets old reaaaaallly quick.

It's the worst when it's been an absolute stompfest, too. Like why even hold intel when the enemy team is so bad their topscore has a 1:15 k:d and they can't even leave spawn? That's no fun for anyone.

>the classic cunt scout main
>scorching flames lime green beanie
>rotation of lime green rapper themed cosmetics
>isotope scattergun
>spamming lenny binds after every kill or death
>lol xD so bad roflmao y u mad Xd??
>undeniably very skilled at the game despite it all

Playing ctf to 3 is a mistake, 5 is much better.
It gives the teams time to test each other off, and actually have some decent gameplay.

Yeah, also shorten capture crits length I think. It can end a game really quick if the capping team rides on the coattails of the first cap to spawncamp and easily cap 2 and 3.

>obvious soldier main speeding around the map with his rocket jumps and crutch booties
>sit a sentry around healthpacks
>see him in my killfeed over and over again
>he disconnects

Fuck, I want to do this now.

>Lime Green scout on 2fort
>Shit talks the whole game, but is in the bottom 3
>Tell him his lime green loadout is shit and that he sucks
>Challenges me to a duel
>He goes medic and pockets a heavy spawncamping us
>Heavy kills me while I try to leave spawn
>Assist gives him a point
>Runs back to spawn and sits there the rest of the game while spamming lenny binds
>Tells me I'm shit and need to quit TF2 when the game is over
Why do these people levitate towards Lime Green?
Also why can you get points in duels for assists? That's asinine.

Lime green and pink are the most vibrant and noticable colors.

And yeah I agree. Assists should count as 0.5 points at most.

>pink
Loadout I have versus loadout I want.
Am I a cancer?

>removecond cheat causes insta decloak
hahaha fuck this game

yes because green is obviously superior

But kill assists already give only half a point though

>wake up
>sit on computer to play tf2
>currently 10pm
what went so right?

Not necessarily. Just don't be a stereotypical scunt.

I mean for duels.

¡holy smokes! so much 6s matches really reflect in my hours
ive probably spent 900 of my last 1000 hours playing 6s

HALLOWEEN ITEM TOGGLE ON THE ITEM EQUIP SCREEN WHEN

AND / OR

EQUIP SCREEN SORTING ITEMS BY BACKPACK POSITION WHEN

>instead of implementing a clientside option they just made all halloween cosmetics only active for a tenth of the year
>but didn't bother to apply this to stupid christmas shit

>Space Skeleton Pyro Halloween only
>Elf scout all year round

meanwhile ghost pyro all year round
soldier with a vaguely asiatic styled moustache halloween only

reminder magic is canon in the tf2niverse so the only items that should be restricted are the ones that falsely the head hitbox
i.e
>monoculus
>horseless headless horsemann's head
>probably some other shit that isn't currently restricted for autistic reasons like the alien isolation helmet and that robot pyro head replacement

falsely represent*