/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #545

''Kiss on the shoulder'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Before the Storm Gamescom Launch Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=OunUnpKLEGQ

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Soon)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' (TBA)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available for pre-order on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/13590316
strawpoll.me/13590327
strawpoll.me/13186941

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
youtube.com/watch?v=LFlMoAasW4A
youtube.com/watch?v=Nz3-wssg0Rs
youtube.com/watch?v=JwfSYSpw0n8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SECOND

Rare photograph of Max and Kate going out for for afternoon tea.

3 days...

Max is #1

>"Sorry we're late. We were uh...baking cookies."

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

Are those little bruises? They are so adorably possessive of each other.

Hype and anxiety! I hope it's an interesting experience but I also know it's going to be rough for Chloe. I hate seeing her sad.
Once all the episodes are out I will probably have to play the original to track her full development and see how relived and happy she is when she knows she's not being abandoned ever again.

When this should have stopped being posted:
>A long time ago

Is Chloe going to have straight up, full on clinical depression at the beginning of Before the Storm? That's what I'd do if I were Zak, and that's what the episode 1 opening song from the Chloe & David video suggests.

I think by the time BtS starts, Chloe is already past her worst phases of being angry and depressed. That she's actually willing to have a friend and try to find a better future tells me that she's starting to get a little better.
I see Rachel as more of a confirmation about things to Chloe than an awakening.
Even with the title "Awake", that seems more to apply to Chloe waking up from the nightmare she was living before as she starts to become happier.

Better late than never.

Clincal depression is mostly something you get from genetic or physiopathological issues, not tragedy.

I don't think they will have her take pills and stuff.

A little weird, but also a little cute.

People can get clinical depression from emotionally traumatic experiences too. Depression has a relatively wide umbrella of potential causes.

I'm sure it was worth it. Now they just need to hide some away so David doesn't eat them all, wrap some up for Kate and Alice, some for Victoria, and some for Frank.

I'm not sure if Chloe was ever taking anything besides smoking and drinking. She mentions in the first game that she was seeing a therapist, which is a good step and one she (and numerous other characters) would probably need after everything.
Joyce was one anti-depressants though so maybe Chloe took some of those at some point. That's purely speculation though.

Welcome to /lesg/: Part 6 Before the shitStorm WHEN??

Cute! I love the times when Chloe gets to use the camera.

You pre ordered season 3 right user?

Would you join the vortex club?

season 3?

>season 3
?

>He thinks there won't be a season 3 with Chloe and Max's child

I don't like your filename.

So what

AH WHAT IS KATE GOING TO DO ?

Give you Alice

Did anyone else think the nightmare sequence was Mr. Jefferson using powers of his own?

That's right. There are only three days to stop the French papists from releasing another game. Please pray with me. Together with the power of Christ we will stop them from promoting a homosexual lifestyle of revelry. No longer will the sapphic sluts and their backers pollute the minds of our children.

Please join me in saving America from foreign influence and homosexual sin. Pray with me! Please, pray with me!

I was half-assing the game in my first playthrough and thought that he had special powers too. I thought the game was over at this point and Jefferson has defeated Max, especially when I was presented with those options.
Later on, I was convinced that Chloe was manipulating me or rather Max all along and that she was truly the one behind the storm.
So I chose Bay.
I was fucking retarded wasn't I?

stop samefagging bayest and go kill yourself

The best ship in the game.

I didn't half ass, but I thought that. The options hurt because I kept looking for a way around them. I chose Bae because Chloe deserved it. The universe had taken a shit on her. She lost her father, her best friend and anyone she cared about. Chloe suffered through too much to be left in that bathroom bleeding out because Nathan had shaky hands.

you people are hilarious

Did anyone actually bought the deluxe edition? I have my doubts if I shouldn't only get the normal one.

I'm waiting until reviews about episode 1 are out. And even then, I'll be very, very hesitant because it's unlikely the strike will be over in time for Hannah to voice Max in Farewell.
I don't know how the logistics work on these things, but something implied to me that you can upgrade from the regular game to the deluxe edition, so that's probably what I'll end up doing (if I do it at all).

Speaking of which, when the fuck does the review embargo lift?

Do we really have a a discord?

>34 minute stretch without a post
Wtf the fuck

>page 10

JUST

>"Mine."

I chose Bae because I was going to be damned if I let Chloe die after all she had been through, because I'd be damned if I let Max lose the person she tried to hard to protect and the only one that knew what she went through, and because I saw way too many plotholes that I was thinking the Sacrifice Chloe option was a trap. That Chloe would die, Max would lose her powers, and nothing would be fixed.

Last shot of Before the Storm will be after a timeskip and show Chloe in all her punk splendor as she stands on the lighthouse cliff and looks out to the sea

I'm sort of expecting something like this, at least a brief timeskip with blue-haired Chloe, to happen. If it doesn't, I riot.

Damn 3 days left.

If not the last shot of Episode 3, then the Farewell Episode. I'd love to see the end of that being Max and Chloe separating and Max promising it's not goodbye and that they will meet again, and then it shows them both wake up five years later on the morning where Max gets her powers.

2LEWD

When you get to explore Chloe's house be sure to look at the mantel to see if there's a butterfly carved in it. Also listen and watch to see if Chloe mentions if Max ever told her the words she said in Episode 4.

Why don't you go on twitter and stalk the japan lis twitter page. You will have some other answers there about BTS.

not lewd enough desu

/lisg/ is not for lewd. Some suggestive is fine but anything visible or explicit is no bueno.

Sleep tight, pirates.

Just a general advisory: AO3 is down right now for some maintenance. Was trying to read a fic and it started saying the site was insecure or giving errors.
Things should be back to normal soon so you can read all your comfy stories.

good night, /lisg/

we're just 3 sleeps away

Why can't the game leak already?

Nightnight.

Yes, but I wouldn't recomend anyone to join it.
There's a lot of bayfags, Chloe-haters and even people who never played or liked Life is Strange in there.

The discord channel and this general are completely different places.

No to mention LiS or the thread is rarely mentioned there.

Pls, no leaks thanks. It will leak on 30th, you can wait.

LEAKS NOW!

jesus why do you want leaks for a game that will be released this week

I bought the Deluxe Edition but not really because of the bonus Episode, I just want to support a Chloe game.
Plus the bonus outfits are nice.
I'll probably get the physical edition if they make one next year anyway.

>Arcadia Gay comes back in just 2 days

Still so surreal

me on the left

waw, search them, you'll never find them anyways. Ruin it for yourself, don't ruin it for everybody.

So this thread will last until ep 1 release?

Nah

>E;R's video has more views than any other video from the official Life is Strange channel on YT

What are you trying to say here?

youtube.com/watch?v=LFlMoAasW4A

The BtS reveal trailer is almost the same amount of views with 2months vs a year for that video.
Plus who cares about some shitty YT "entertainer" and their viewcount.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nz3-wssg0Rs

I don't see any difference

I LOVE KATE

lol the demo is in 1080p and retail (pressxtodoubt.jpg) is in 720p?

Compare the dance scene of Chloe from retail version to e3 one, you'll see it was revisited.

See now this is an interesting topic:

What timeline is BtS set in? The very first unaltered timeline before Max photojumped is what I'm assuming but it'd be cool if it was a post photojump timeline.

Most likely the pure unaltered one.

Rarely, and clinical depression is rare to begin with even if mutliple major risk factors are present simultaneously. Even rarer at such young an age, from what I gather.

Clinical depression would also mean she would have to have been diagnosed, which would (should) change a lot of stuff about her life, how Joyce treats her, whether she can just go out by herself, let alone drink. She would be prescribed medication, would probably not have been able to just stop seeing her therapist like she said she did. And I just don't see that someone majorly depressed would be as snarky-go-lucky as she is in her internal monologue, or downright euphoric as we've seen her be at the gig. People suffering severe depression have problems being emotional at all, and she is notably emotionally intense and dynamic even in just the bit of footage we've seen.

She's depressed, I doubt they will actually make a medical condition out of it.

>mfw they never improved Rachel's Sims face
>mfw someone will probably do it for them via mods but I bought the PS4 version

it's almost time for our queen to appear once more

VICTORIA A SHIT
A SHIT

I MISSED OUR QUEEN

Don't forget about the burnt photo of chloe and max taken by William.

pls deck nine put a shower scene in BtS

youtube.com/watch?v=JwfSYSpw0n8

who's this damon nigga