youtube.com/watch?v=n51OdFlOi1o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Two Twingo

i give up, yu win

Three Twingo

I'm waiting.

Four Twingo

lol, I love threads where OP actually delivers

>Jaque, there's some weirdo going down the streets taking photos of Twingos at night, go get him
>On my way, Frederique

NOT A REAL TWINGO REEEEEEEE

Five Twingo

fuck yeah, show him!

>somewhere in France at 4:29am
>a loner is walking through the city and takes photos of twingos and is posting them in realtime

what a time to be alive

Six Twingo

Saw some thot, might as well.

holy fuck, y'all love them hatchbacks

Seven Twingo

So they actually are this common.

Eight Twingo

I live in burgerstan, I have never seen a twingo irl. I can only dream of a land where the twingos are plentiful; where they roam freely, like the great bison once did.

Nine Twingo

>all these dents
So I'm not the only one who still manages to fuck up parking such a little car

I'm actually impressed.
The last time I was in France in 2003 the Twingos were ALL all banged up (even E classes and 5 series had at least ONE dent).

All those cars look breddy good.
Must be a good neighborhood.

I drive a miata and I usually end up on one line or the other when backing in. God, I hate my faggot ass sometimes

Even if you don’t, somebody else will.

Yeah, some of them are in mint condition, and yes, it’s the rich jew west part of Paris.

Ten Twingo

ULTRA RARE SWISS NAZI GOLD EDITION

WHAT THE FUCK
The fuck is up with Swiss and golden Twingos?

I like the blue eyebrow on police twingo

PIGEONS NO YOU WILL GET TOWED

F

One muh dick

I think I see what you did there.

Eleven Twingo

I see those all the time here in Florida. You see more of them than any kind of Porsche

Best Twingo color right there.

You can even see number eight in this pic. wow

And that's about it for tonight. Home now.

thank you!

Thanks for keeping me company, Veeky Forums.

I saw a lot of Twingos in Argentina

how much would importing a Torino Gt cost? Fucking Renault fucked us sideways.

how can there be so many twingo?

Driving in large cities will inevitably get your car dents. you can be a perfect driver and get dented by the retards in the city

Poor red Twingo
youtube.com/watch?v=OzpNgSVMl0k
Poor MR2
youtube.com/watch?v=n51OdFlOi1o

Because every time you post "HON HON", a Twingo gets its wheels.

there's 2 twingo in this pic

HON HON

this is a cute thread

What

>angery twongi

New Smart and new Twingo share the same chassis

thanks for posting op

HON HON

Bumpers are made to bump into things

Such a magical thread. Thanks OP, have a Twingo for the road.

Does this give hope for importability?

well yes, but most of them are already at least second hand cars, they are sturdy little shitboxes but that plus the spare parts being potentially hard to source, its still going to be a labour of love...

Spares are plentiful in Europe and south America, not to mention cheap as dirt.

>wake up
>check photos
>full of Twingo photos
>what
>oh

They’re extremely common. That was a small area.

Yeh, Eight Twingo was one car away from Seven Twingo, you can see it in the photo.

>no power steering
How can he get unstuck from here?

They're everywhere in medium to big cities and/or place with students/poor people.

It's legally mandated that all frenchmen knead brioche dough daily, so they have pretty big arms.

Easily. When you gotta park, you park.
>my example from a while ago

>that question
>literal pussy in picrel
well...
a) most of post facelifts came with power steering
b) I had one without it and had absolutely no problem getting around

>>oh

LMAO,
When I saw this thread I instantly know you were drunk but in any case I fucking love this thread

>New Smart and new Twingo share the same chassis
You're talking about the forfour Smart, not the two seater one like in these pics

You’re stupid.

Current gen forfour and fortwo share the same chassis. Only wheelbases differ. Forfour is a sister car to 3rd gen twingo.
Also overall drivetrain layout and suspension didn't change much since 1st gen smart fortwo.
There was also 1st gen forfour (2004-2006) which was fwd car, completely unrelated to fortwo. I happen to own one since my twingo blown a hradgasket and died.

amazing thread

moutain jew works in mysterious ways

One Cheeky Lad

lovely thread

Just find a Rambler American.

Twelve Twingo

Really, once an engine is up to operating temperature it can run damn-near indefinitely, especially at constant speeds like highway cruising, even if a Twingo does so at 4k RPM.

Thirteen Twingo

Two Cheeky Lad

That might be an Initiale badge above the side blinker

Good eye, lad

I know! even though my twingo has a 1.0 instead of a 1.2 engine, it can cruise quite well on the highway at 90-115 km/h speeds.

>my twingo has a 1.0 instead of a 1.2 engine
Rare pepe, I never see those for sale around here

What a nice and comfy thread.

Thank you OP. Have a wonderful night.

mine is that one with the d7d engine. What years was the last year they sold the original twingo in europe? 2004 2006? I know its a city car but it's been an awesome (minus hills..) car on the roads so far, specially if its on flats.

>Rare pepe

Yes, i'd take a photo and post here but i'm too much of a pussy to post a real photo of my car taken with my phone on Veeky Forums.

I think the last year of the 1st gen in Europe was 2007, they went on until 2012 in south America iirc
The D7D was only available from in 2000 and 2001 according to wikipedia

You're welcome, friend. Not too many Twingos today, not going out tonight.

Still awesome. Thanks!

that's a "smart"

yuropean twingoist here.
I watched some south american craigslist once to research SA twingos.
Am I correct than South American twingos never had sunroof option? (sadly)
Was facelift somehow delayed over european version?
I noticed many cars without rear wiper. Was it optional? In europe it was always standard.
Was AC standard? I didn't find a single one with locking glovebox (AC and non-AC versions in europe had different dashboards on the right side [picrel])
Also pls tell more about those engine options!

>(minus hills..)
Honestly I dont think it really has trouble with hills... I have the 16v, mind you, but if you take hills from standstill, just heel-toe it a little like you would a downshift, to avoid rolling back. It'll do just fine.

All I wish it had was a 6th gear.

>Twingo in fucking Illinois

????????????????????????????????????????????????

Illinois has a man of exquisite taste

>drive my twingster on my way to work
>suddenly an angery panda levin (trueno was haram in eurabistan) starts bullying me
>overtakes me on the straights
>i'm not gonna take this, and bring the fight to him
>twingogate him the entire time, never more than a few meters ahead
>suddenly remember the one thing twingis can do better than any other car
>roll on two wheels
>strategically roll myself over so that I can roll on two wheels and overtake him on the inside line
>he didn't even see me coming
>"heartbeat" kicks in
>tofubox spins out and hits the guardrail
>tfw

I wouldn't have done it if it weren't for

FRONT WHEEL DRIVE
A
S
T

W
H
E
E
L

D
R
I
V
E

and

PUSH RODS
U
S
H

G
O
D
S

Twingos seem like such a happy car, I want to own one, but I dont know if i could import them to canada.

And to think we made fun of our middle school physics teacher for driving one.

You can, they're well over 15 years old now.
Hell, you could even get a 2001+ model, which is basically the final form of the 1st gen. 16V engine available, both cloth and glass sunroof options, airbags as standard equipment, cleaner bumpers, power steering is very common, power windows and mirrors, body-color mirror caps for the power mirrors, and I think that's around the time they introduced the Initiale with its leather interior option too.

What an asshole way to park.

We all did, user. Well all did. But things serioused the fuck up so hard that you really crave a friendly looking car like this nowadays.

Smart actually kinda suggests parking this way

>All I wish it had was a 6th gear.
oh yes, i wish it had too, when hills come I just understand that it needs downshifting and that's what i do, but if its a straight line i'll keep a good rpm and can go along on the 4 or 3 shift.

>Am I correct than South American twingos never had sunroof option? (sadly)
As far as huewingos go, yes, we never had any kind of sunroof
>Was facelift somehow delayed over european version?
I hope i'm being right here, but i think we had the early version (don't remember what year we got, but it went until 98, and then 99 came we receive the new model, and then 2000-2001 (10.8 8v with airbags ac and so on, and on the last year, 2002, we had the packs and innitialle version with eletric power steering and leather seats along with aditional (fog?) lights
>I noticed many cars without rear wiper. Was it optional? In europe it was always standard.
I honestly never notice it, I'd bet we always had that option becase, for example, my twingo is from 2000, its parts were made in France but was assembled in Uruguay if i'm not mistaken, so it's like the european,, sadly it didn't come with abs
>Was AC standard? I didn't find a single one with locking glovebox (AC and non-AC versions in europe had different dashboards on the right side [picrel])
Some first generations had AC, not all, year 2000 almost always have AC, and all 2002 had it.
>Also pls tell more about those engine options!
First generation had the 1.2 8v, 99-2000 if i'm not mistaken had the d7d 1.0 8v, and the 2001 (this year i'm not sure..) and 2002 (100% sure) had the 1.0 16v

He had all the twingos on the pic you uploaded, but the bottow ones, on the left we never had that kind of airbg on the first generation, and we never had bottom right with the glovebox option.

Hope I helped!

and pic related is a twingo with the same colour as mine, honestly think its one of the best colous avaible!

>and on the last year, 2002, we had the packs and innitialle version with eletric power steering and leather seats along with aditional (fog?) lights
Foglights were always an option over here (in Europe), even on the pre-facelift ones although those are pretty rare.