/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Trailer 8/18: youtube.com/watch?v=ULqY6yXn2S4
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. out now, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳3DS to Switch save data app here: my.mixtape.moe/qpdnqs.png
-Test build MHXX update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v3: my.mixtape.moe/kdcqnv.png
-Monster Hunter Stories comes out 9/8. Demo available. youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MHF-Z, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xwsTHM-0A-g&
e-capcom.com/shop/g/gC00001334
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Post good HBG videos (any game)

Monster Hunter Worlds!

Now that you've seen a brief overview of all the weapons, what do you intend to try first when 2018Q1 arrives?

CB followed immediately by GL

Where were you when Lance was saved and got its Tri counter back?

Greatsword as always, will pick up Horn again if I get clear facts that motion values/evasion windows were fixed

Hammer, and then Hammer

Though, I might pick up gunner weps this time around.

Your favorite monster for World!

Handing out magical contracts to little girls of course

I've been consistently trying out new weapons in every MH game I pick up, and the only ones I haven't touched are
SnS
GL,
LBG
HBG
Bow

I'm gonna pick up the bow as my side bitch, but for my main I might break my rule and go for Hammer, or I might go for GL, depending on how gimped it is. Hammer looks REALLY fun though

GS, HBG, and DB. Maybe lance or swaxe down the line when I find a nice looking one.

Probably GL.

Brachydios!!!

Jesus Christ look at this shit
youtube.com/watch?v=xwsTHM-0A-g&
HBG are going to be fucking retarded in this game

Greatsword and Lance as always
Then Funlance

Looks impressive but the DPS really isn't that absurd, it's strong but it's not the most broken version of HBG

Do you think we'll get a proper release date at TGS?

>They do and some are even longer, like Whirlwind.
a move that no hammer users uses
>lmfao so you're saying that blocking with a shield leaves you just as vulnerable as having no stamina with a hammer?
you can't block if you have no stamina, so yes.
>You get to also have evasion skills as well as a better SHIELD.
no you retard, CB playstyle literally leaves you either with a shit tier shield and evasion skill, or a good shield and no evasion skill
the block playstyle is what allows CB to be competitive in g-rank in the first place
>You're right, only two other weapons in the entire game can compete with the damage of CB.
>compete
IG is like a full minute ahead when it comes to kill times, GS about 30 seconds or so, meanwhile HBG is not far behind CB. And I was talking about compared to hammer anyways.
>I'm talking about the range of your attacks. CB in Axe mode reaches high above you, far around you and far in front of you. Hammer attacks don't go any further out than CB's sword mode. Please be joking when you said that AED is the same as golfswing.
the golf swing has about the same vertical reach, the axe has more vertical reach because it's slower than hammer.
Sword mode attacks are really weak to compensate for the better attack speed.
>when you're effective with a CB, you're doing a lot more than pretty much every weapon in the game; which I think is bullshit.
like every other weapon in top5? Why don't you complain about any of those

In order of desire:

1. Hammer all day. Loved it since I started, and it looks better than ever.

2. Charge Blade is looking really fun, and will be a good option when I want elemental damage.

3. Light Bowgun for some gunner action when the need calls.

4. Gunlance just for variety, maybe.

and eveyone's gunna use it

What village is the comfiest?

My choice is pic related

The village of the grandpas

Lance and then LS.

Only Moga is a worse shithole.

Everything but guns!

Got to play it twice at Gamescom.

It's worth the hype my dudes.

breast physics for world!

kill yourself faggot

It boggles my fucking mind how bad japs are at MHXX. The French and Italians have their work cut out.

I guess a diet of mud grain and irradiated fish simply doesn't provide the necessary nutrients for brain development.

die

I didn't really want to carry that debate into this thread, but whatever

>a move that no hammer users uses
It's still a hammer move, also you can't just do a golfswing whenever. You have to do two other attacks to get to the golfswing; or need to charge up to get to the slam; which ARE the only moves that hammer users use.
>you can't block if you have no stamina, so yes.
??? You've already blocked an attack in order to lose stamina; hammer can't block at all. Lance also loses stamina when blocking, are you saying the hammer is just as safe as that?
>no you retard, CB playstyle literally leaves you either with a shit tier shield and evasion skill, or a good shield and no evasion skill
the block playstyle is what allows CB to be competitive in g-rank in the first place
"shit" shield or not, you have a fucking SHIELD dude. Why is this so hard for you to realize? You can literally press a button and BLOCK DAMAGE at the cost of some stam and sharpness and some of your moves even block for you, as well as deal KO damage at the same time. You can go full evasion and not only will you have the same evasion as a hammer going full evasion, if not better because hops, but you STILL get a SHIELD. What the fuck don't you get about that?
>IG is like a full minute ahead when it comes to kill times, GS about 30 seconds or so, meanwhile HBG is not far behind CB. And I was talking about compared to hammer anyways.
My point is that CB already does all these things and its also one of the strongest weapons in the game; which I don't think is fair or balanced
>the golf swing has about the same vertical reach
Wow, you really weren't joking... Even the golfswing doesn't hit much higher than the CB's sword mode vertical swing and every single attack in axe mode is wider reaching that the furthest hammer hammer attacks. This isn't even up for dispute.

And I do complain about IG, but I think GS deserves to be at the top. CB can do everything and still be #3.

>faggot
>insult
>not fucking dudes
2007 called etc etc

I told you, the frogs are not always bad

Have you considered that XX's primary audience are schoolkids with only 3DSes?
They cant even beg their okaa-san to buy a Switch for them.

Americans are far worse but don't let them know it

/v/ it's past your bedtime

There's a ton of stuff I'd refute, but it's pretty useless cause at the bottom line I do agree with you, CB does do a lot of stuff, but I think it's sorta justified because of the high skill ceiling of the weapon.

But keep in mind, you're a huge hypocrite if you think it's okay for GS to be top tier because you like it.
You're attaching a negative bias towards CB because you feel it replaces your favourite weapon. It doesn't, if anything GS basically replaces every single weapon in the game if you think about it that way.

They are 2 completely different weapons that you use in a completely different way.

I need something dumb and anime that I can't understand to tide me over while I wait for World. Between XX for Switch and Frontier, which would you guys recommend? I like XX more, but the possibility of localization makes me hesitant to buy it when I already played a decent amount of Gen.

Alternatively, I could just finish Toukiden 2.

i want blue dino to come back

>my filename
>my shitpost
Sir? Excuse me?

>Khezu will be in MHW

It's a Navi-rule, dont worry!

Have they said anything about how charms will be handled?

Thinking of giving bowguns a try, I try them every gen but I can never stick with them (the bow farring a little better but not by a lot). They look really fun from the overviews.

Failing that, SA or Hammer even if I haven't mained that since 2nd gen.

Do your own thing!

>Axe mode for Swaxe will always suck
>Axe mode for Charge Blade will always be useful on knocked down monters only
>we will never get a proper Axe weapon since we already technically have 2

Charms looked the same as they usually do.
I couldn't read the German but I saw 2 skills and slots and nothing out of the ordinary.

I was asking more if they have commented on how you will get them.

IIRC the e3 demo and that jap coop stream didn't have a charm slot and that made me pretty fucking happy. Fuck charms, fuck volcano grinding and stupid ass RNG.

I'm sorry my man, this is the best we're gonna get

Is that the hammer?

>>Axe mode for Swaxe will always suck
X+Y overhead is pretty good against flying enemies :^)

yes

No, this one is

When using the Charge Blade on a sleeping enemy, which part of the big move should I hit them with? The one that discharges all the Phials and ends in an explosion. Should I hit them with the windup swings or the downward smash or the explosions at the end?

I will admit that I'm a hypocrite when it comes to the GS, but I feel that the GS should be at the top because not only is it an extremely simple weapon, which is what MH is about at its core, it's also been the posterboy of the entire franchise since the beginning. That, and its also a low skill floor, high skill ceiling wep. It's justified because all it does is damage. Yeah it can block too, but that is an out of the way option that is only used in emergencies and has its own negatives. It's focus is big damage.

Hammer trades a lot of that damage for some KO utility, mobility and sustain, and it also can't block.

CB has more utility than both of them combined, can block as well as a bunch of other things and still sits up there with them in the damage dept.

My ass is just hurt because the great weapon I've been maining for years and years is suddenly made irrelevant by what seems like a giant oversight. Also big, anime flashy attacks shouldn't be in a game where people supposedly hunt to survive, not for sport.

regular AED that uses one phial unless you absolutely know it's gonna kill

I've never played the series before but am super hype for world

do bow, hbg, lbg have a primary ammo that can't run out, or is it possible to completely run out of ammo during a hunt? do you have to buy ammo between them, or is it refilled to max at camp?

I always went for the Downward smash part. I don't know the proper motion values but that always felt the strongest too me.

>in a game where people supposedly hunt to survive, not for sport.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA
Show me your GQ Zinogre times, then we'll talk

lbg and hbg have an ammo type that never runs out but it's weak as shit
you have to craft ammo using materials you gather in hunts but you can also buy some varieities from npcs

>people supposedly hunt to survive, not for sport.

Have you read any of the quest descriptions?
You are, more often than not, hired to kill animals for the most inane, retarded reasons imaginable.

[seinfeld lafter]

Yes, but its usually a very weak ammo type.

You can also bring materials with you to craft more ammo on the fly. MHW might even let you access your base supplies on a hunt too, but can't confirm. There is no buying ammo while on a hunt, however.

>people supposedly hunt to survive, not for sport.

Light and heavy bowguns have just that but it's shit. Mid to endgame if you reach that ammo you're basically done.
Bow doesn't use ammo at all, it has infinite shots but get a limited pool of power coatings.

Of course, world will probably change all this up a bit if not completely, this is just how it's been in the past.

I have yet to encounter a single monster that doesn't die to an ultra (discharges all phials) when it's sleeping.

cool, thanks

I meant lore-wise, ya dingus.

And yeah, but most of the time its because a monster has appeared and is threatening the village or hurting the ecosystem. Though sometimes you are called out to kill a monster just because some guy doesn't like the look of it or whatever.

>the princess who wanted a MALE wyvern and wanted it ALIVE
>the guy who wants to eat seltas queen
I love goofy quest descriptions.

How are flashy attacks fundamentally opposed to the idea of fighting for survival?
They are not flashy just for show, they are flashy because they are often very strong attacks.

GS isn't a high ceiling weapon.
Stop trying to put CB above GS when we both know it has worse killtimes than GS.
Stop comparing Hammer and Charge Blade.
With that logic Hammer is basically just a HH+ without songs.

>Qurupeco is too loud, can't fucking sleep
>Kill dey ass.

>that lady who asks you to kill a Rathian and an Astalos because they were both in the same area and she finds it scandalous

How does anyone ever play any weapon except the one with the fastest kill time?
I mean they're just the same thing but with less damage.

e-capcom.com/shop/g/gC00001334

>GS
>high skill ceiling

People actually believe this?

I agree, we should all just use IG desu, then we could Je suis monte together

The last time Hammer was ever god-tier was in MHFU. Especially with the busted Superpound hitbox.

Maybe but things like flying around with IG or big spinny axe attacks seem excessive to me.

>what is GOTCHA BITCH
You can totally go crazy and become a timing master with GS. It has a very high skill ceiling and a very, very low floor.

CB is the 3rd fastest killing wep in 4U, right behind GS and it can do so much more. The fact that it competes with GS for killtimes gives it the right to be compared next to it.

Also, HH is a hammer that trades some damage for the utility/support of songs.

This is exactly why I think wep balance isn't something to be shrugged off.

how the fuck you play this weapon

MH4u guy here

I have the Zinogre HH, should i upgrade to the Zinogre or Stygian Zin line? I feel like regular Zin, but I already have so many purple/blue/red horns already

thoughts?

Have you considered that the switch version is the same exact game as the 3ds version and the two are even cross compatible.

Not him but if this conversation is what makes you concerned with weapon balance you're retarded.
In your experience have you ever not been able to complete a hunt because of your choice of weapon?
Obviously that's never happened. This is a PvE cooperative game, there's no issue if something is a little better or even possibly if something is a lot better than something else. The only point it becomes an issue is when the less powerful options are unable to properly play the game.

how do you unlock transmog for deviant armor?

Beat that deviant's superhunt that you posted

It stops being cooperation and starts being carrying when I do literally 4x more damage than you overall just because of weapon choice.

>Also, HH is a hammer that trades some damage for the utility/support of songs.
Hammer has less damage, less KO and the group buff is nice, but it doesn't make up for it in the end. A group would benefit more from a good hammer user than a good hunting horn player.
>what is GOTCHA BITCH
literal cherry picked situations that you'd never use in a real hunt like I said before.

GS can do everything CB can except it has more damage. It KO's with the KO draw skill, it poisons, it paralyzes, it cuts tails.

By your logic GS is unfair and replaces hammer.

Then solo every hunt if you're that concerned about getting carried.

I'm trying to download MHXX's Switch demo but can only find the full game. Am I out of luck or how do I find it?

This guy gets it.
Where TAutists like it or not, the game is built around the idea of multiplayer.
Just use whatever is fun for you, nothing in these games is hard enough that 2-3 people can't kill it regardless of what they are all using.

Not being able to complete a hunt isn't an issue. It's the fact that some weapon choices can make others totally pointless to use other than, "I like the look/playstyle of it" is the issue.

There was literally 0 reason to use a hammer in 4U because CB existed and was multitudes of a better weapon overall. It makes me feel like I'm under-performing or that I'm gimping myself, and nothing in the game should make someone feel this way.

Derped, I found it and it even downloaded

I'm going to help make this game as babymode for my friends as possibly so they'll play for a long time, so I'm going for Hunting Horn for the first while until they get into it. Then I'll probably try Lance, Switch Axe, and maybe Hammer.

I play mostly play GS, Lance, GL, Hammer, HH, and Bow. I know how to play DB, LS, and IG. I want to try out HBG now after seeing MHW gameplay.

>lmao balance doesn't matter, it's a multiplayer game
>lmao what do you mean your weapon won't contribute shit in a multiplayer hunt? just solo it then

I will never understand anti-balance faggots. How exactly would making the weapons more balanced make the game worse?

>I like the look/playstyle of it
>completely PvE game
>no competitive elements
>no pressure to play the game any other way than the one that gives you the most enjoyment
>>>>literally 0 reason to use [weapon]

Dude it's a game that is totally 100% about your own enjoyment. If you don't like a weapon for any reason, just don't use it.

Nigger retarded for missing out on hbg in xx

>under-performing or that I'm gimping myself

It is a fucking videogame user, I assure you your clear times, damage contribution in a group hunt and any other thing associated with it are absolutely inconsequential.
If you DID have more fun with CB than Hammer then that's all good, but if you stopped yourself from using a weapon that you like because it was not as good, then you are basically trading efficiency for fun, which is sort of missing the whole point.