Inline four

Inline four
Is there anything more for poor?
Every car enthusiast should drive at least 6 cylinders. There’s no replacement for displacement and you’re either under 14 or a ricer if you disagree.

A thread died so you could post this, really makes me think.

Are you telling me my 2.2 Turbo Esprit is only for 14 year olds and ricers?
Damn. 14 year olds must pull your gran nonstop.

>There’s no replacement for displacement and you’re either under 14 or a ricer if you disagree

then there is no other purpose to this thread than to circle jerk other people with the same engine as you....faggot....

i guess im a 14 year old ricer then.

see ya at the track bro

These threads are tiring and repetitive

Im sure OP was talking about NA 4 bangers

>Uses pvc piping with a turbo have fun with the melted plastic bro

based on what?

the 4.5" amazingly smooth and light piping directing air from the filter to the compressor inlet? yeah, its really melting there and holding me back.

You're dumb.
If that PVC is going to melt then the headlights will melt.

>pvc
lmao, I love it dude

anyone thats seen that pic always says something about the pvc. i dont get it. its kinda perfect for the job.

anyways, pic related what pvc?

and with the hood closed, its stock bro. i think theres a hole in the muffler or something.

about what?
all the low qaulity threads that reach the 10th page and rightly stop existing?

Because either they don't know how a turbo works or they're baiting.

>These threads are tiring and repetitive
As is the sound of a 4 cylinder

well, when anyone thinks of intercooler piping, they either think of those little bendy sections with silicone couplers or welded aluminum toobing, not PVC. I never thought about using pvc, I don't know why, the shit is so easy to put together

look for a flaw and point it out. kinda like everything else in life i guess.

its not intercooler piping. its literally directing air from a filter to the turbo inlet. thats it. it happened to be the right size, cheap, at the store, lightweight, smooth as glass inside, etc. really no flaws with it for the application.

I tend to agree. 4 cylinder cars are for starters/first cars only. Anyone who can afford a car with more than 4 cylinders and DOESN'T own one is a certified cuck.

that is the crustiest, most nigger-rigged shitbox I've seen in a long time

Look closer at the plumbing you fucking retard.

>no replacement for displacement
What about low displacement, high revving, variable valve timing and turbocharged engines?

Very true

Used to think a 2.0L turbo with 200 hp was good POS started coming apart at 140k miles

3.6L with 305 hp why not

You seem to really insecure user, is everything ok?

If you’re going /torqlet/, might as well go all out

tell that to my Dart b18

They wont last as long as an NA bigger displacement engine

They are a nightmare to work on too

Damn right nigguh.

My brother in law has a basic 2012 Impala with the V6. It's FWD and it still hauls ass. Everything else on it is kinda meh though.

*quietly surpasses 500,000 miles on original water pump and chain*

Manual V6 or automatic V8?

havent seen your mom in a while huh?

V8 is always the answer

V6 Manual if slushbox
V8 if Dual clutch

>V6 Manual if slushbox

wat

flappy paddles

that's not manual you dolt

That doesn't even make sense. You posted a spic-tier teenage shitbox, expect to get some grief for it you welfare recipient.

Damn that looks really nice. The pvc is smart, those long as shit runners are nice as fuck too

you had to spend a lot more money to get the amount of power out of that than you would have if you had a larger engine.

Not to mention I4s sound like hot garbage. There is a reason they call them "fart boxes". Because they sound like they are taking a shit everywhere they go. But go ahead, keep reassuring yourself that you're just as fast as all the v8 guys

intake air is cold, and no that is clearly not the exhaust

man i dont give a fuck about sounds but ill tell you my shit doesnt sound like what youre saying.

>You posted a spic-tier teenage shitbox
keep talking im gripping and pulling

the cars like 50/0 on the street. its never lost.

>man i dont give a fuck about sounds but ill tell you my shit doesnt sound like what youre saying.
all becaues of the turbo. jsut remember anything you do to a 4cyl is just lipstick on a pig. why do that when you can just have something that isn't a pig in the first place, i.e. a I6 or a V8?

Not for nothing but some of the best race cars of all time were 4 bangers.

my wife's N/A V6 FWD mallcrawler is faster than your shitbox faggot

:^)

he's saying go v6 manual if the auto option is a slushbox you Epsilon semi-moron!

hahahahaha

>Every car enthusiast should drive at least 6 cylinders.
>E30 M3 and 190E Evo are not an enthusiast vehicles.

OP confirmed for RETARD.

lol no
100k for water pump failure
120k+ for head gasket failure
150k+ for cat failure
I'm pushing 170k on my '05 and have had 1 water pump go out so far, its a matter of time for the head gaskets and cats. I've had several mechanics tell me I'm lucky making it this far.

If we have 8.4 l V8s, why can't we have 4.2 l straight 4s?

TRD stands for turd

and ls stands for 'lacks speed'. what of it.

Nigga I'm not cutting the trunk out of my adub to fit a V6 in there, fuck off.

It would sound better if theyd used a crossplane crankshaft

The natural balance would be so terrible that it would shake the front end of any car to pieces in 100k miles

Should've had a straight 6

>Driving down to the local gas station to get some e85
>Corvette in front of you kicks up a pebble
>Hits your exposed intercooler
>Engine overheats
>Honda is kill

>try to conform to Veeky Forums's retarded standards
>go out and look for rwd 6 cylinder manual transmission cars in burgerstani used car bazaar
>only option is ugly fatass nigged out mustangs

You can find 5th gen Camaro V6s with a manual 6 for pretty cheap. Still heavy though.

>Unironically recommending a V6 """"""muscle"""""" car

The Grand National is the only good V6 muscle car ever built you stupid faggot, all the others are worse than taking the bus

Never said I reccomended it, mate, just said it’s out there.

>t. got gapped by a $2000 I4 motorcycle

get a BMW 135 my boy

Modern auto V8 > Classic 2/3-speed V8 >Manual V6 > shitty 90's 4 speed V8

Confirmed for never having driven a modern TC automatic.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but both of those chassis came with an I6 from the factory - which was shit for racing because it put more weight over the front axle.

>V6
>Muscle
Pick one.

TC?

Torque converter, conventional auto
Most manufacturers are actually ditching DCTs in favor of traditional torque converter units because they can shift almost as fast and actually drive smoother

People are still winning races with 4 cyls. They can rev pretty high and are cheap to build and rebuild. Also cheap to insure, but don't tell state farm about the mods and don't total it.

They're also still DDable when tuned because they calmly and casually build power out of boost, which is what you want and need if you drive responsibly... and then you have /dbt/ tier boyracerism where they argue about having as much low end power as possible for hooning out of tight street corners faster than the other guy, who isn't even trying to race anyways.

Less is best

poorfag confirmed

>BMW 135i
>hit up Autotrader and set it to hundreds of miles
>convertibles with automatic as far as the eye can see
no thanks I got an fr-s

Fuck off with this "you need at least a x if you wanna be a TRUE enthusiast" elite shitter club

New torque converter autos aren't even bad to drive, they're nowhere near as sluggish as the mid 90s ones

90's/2000's slushboxes are objectively shit. Modern ones are great for DD, and an old big american V-ate hooked up to a Turbo 400 (or similar) with a ratchet shifter is just straight up boner material.

This, there’s a reason the ZF 8 speed is in fucking everything

What car?

the S14 engine is fucking legendary
I'm normally a straight6 shill but BMW makes a mean NA 4 banger

>gets lapped before turbine even starts to spin.

V6 AWD RAV4 probably, they are faster than 75% of the shit driving around today.

0-60 in like 6 seconds.

Look closer at the turbo...
...Who's the retard here?

Hello jafromobile

are you kidding? Ford used to make a 5.0 I6 and AMC made a 4.0 that was used in jeeps all the way to the Jeep Wrangler TJ. I6s are naturally well balanced.

you literally cannot even outrun a 1999 toyota camry v6

That isn't a v6 you fucking retard.

Toyota killed the v6 in the rav4 generations ago sadly.