tohken.gamerch.com/

EN wiki:
touken-ranbu.wikia.com

Official twitter accounts:
twitter.com/TOUKEN_STAFF
twitter.com/tkrb_ht

Downloads (game rips, scans, radio, etc):
pastebin.com/S3g8mVWh

Are you guys ready for Monoyoshi's silly hat?!

>Not even GBF art can save Tsuru
Yagen today, I hope.

He doesn't look bad

He looks great?
Why do people hate his design? Not the art, the design.

*blocks your path*

I like his design but I can't help that every time I look at his face something looks wrong. Guess I've had his ayyylmao eyes carved into my brain all this time.

I don't even think the artist is bad, just that Tsuru needed a quality check first.

No, I'm scared I just want to know how they'll make Urashima's kiwame awakening even more naked than this.

MATING PRESS ALL TANTOUS

DEATH TO JIJIS

PROTECT ALL DOUTANUKIS AND YAMANBAGIRIS

MARRY THE MITSUTADAS

I'll marry him and do so much more.

Same

Bully the heavy weight

I wish yari were more useful, I wanna use nihongou

Some people have tried using them for the 1HP enemies in world 7, but I found them to be too flimsy there. Would be nice if they could equip shields.

White liner

Man, not even fanart can save him from stupid clothes syndrome.

His hobo clothes are pretty endearing to me at this point

This thread is struggling already

It's been quite a dead week, even the /a/ thread didn't even get to bump limit this time.
Maybe after the kiwames drop and the GBF collab happens more activity will arise, in the meantime I don't mind image dumping.

Does anyone else feel oddly about the pace of new sword releases recently? I feel like Tomoegata, Mouri, and Koryruu all appeared and were swept under the rug so fast. I suppose it's not terrible considering how little else the game has to offer, but I would prefer updates that add new lines, costumes, and recollections to existing swords than rapid-fire new swords.

Might be because they all kind of fucking suck lmao. Perhaps with the GBF event coming soon they'll introduce some stuff into Touken due to influx of new players/renewed interest. More importantly though, I want all 12 of you to answer me this:
Doggo or Raccoon

Tanuki, easy.

Tomoegata happened a bit too fast, not enough time to care about him. He doesn't really have a particularly intersting thing about him like Iwa does either.
Mouri is just yet another Toushirou and Kouryuu is love him or hate him, also happened way too fast.
I'd want more recollections with old characters too but seems they're saving those for new swords mostly, rip.

Doggo

From a monetary standpoint, I don't think that'll happen because what pushes players to keep playing the game (and to spend on the game) is new swords. So forcing you to buy more resources or what not and at the same time keep you glued to the game is the best strategy. As much as I want new lines and recollections too, there simply is little ROI for it.

Honestly, if they're going to keep releasing swords at this rate they should just make some sort of 'Season 2/World 2'. Like how in Pokemon there's Kanto, then there's Jhoto etc. so everyone including old players are forced to collect and grind a new set of swords, rather than create a new sword, make this event, place him as the reward, eventually create a new map and he's the boss drop, yada yada.

Status on VoT event so far? Anyone still trying to get Kotegiri?

Gave up on Idol-chan. Leveling up my swords. Got six to 99 from level 80, and one from 60.

I got him yesterday right at 100k beads, I'm glad it's over.
He's such a qt honestly 10/10 would grind again

The more new swords come the less new lines we'll get, I'd rather not have any more new ones and have them expand on what we already have.
Having to wait all year just to get a new anniversary line is so painful. At least now kiwame is coming for starterfags like me, even if it's shit I'm sure there'll still be some nice new lines.

Going to post all the swords confirmed for GBF collab thus far, aside from Tsurumaru which already was posted.

Since the event is going to be like 2 weeks I really hope there's more characters. Go all out.

Not many got Mouri, Koryuu or Tomoe so people aren't that attached to them yet. I too only like Kotegiri so far because he's the only new sword I've gotten lately.

His double moles get me a lot.

I'm still wondering about his hip tattoo.

Doggo

Soon

At what time do they usually reveal the new kiwame?

spoon.2Di cover.

Well, the last set was implemented about 2 weeks after the previous event finished.

so /sword/ how have your wakiwames been working out for ya?

I wasn't sold on them immediately, but the ability to deflect attacks is pretty badass.

I wish that I could like kiwame Hori's look, but those boots and that crotch flap just look so lame. I love Hori though and I want to keep using him, so hopefully the design will grow on me in time.

The deflecting thing is pretty cool. I hope future kiwame swords get something similar.

What's the deal with Ookane/Juzu? I see it quite frequently. I thought people would pair up Ookanehira with Ugu straight through or the non-existant Doujigiri

Something about Ookane not being that hostile to Juzu that much because he's the most humble of the tenkas so far and genuinely nice

>that background doggo

Perfect.

People really like how much Ookanehira's demeanor changes with Juzumaru compared to the other r5 swords.

I love how much of a brat ookanehira is, he tries so hard and his sparring lines with the tenka goken are hilarious

Damn, this art is cute. It's incredible how easily artwork can inspire and alter my view of pairings with swords. I guess thats natural when the characters have such thin substance and interaction among each other, which I don't experience in a lot of the media I consume.

They might be going for class-unique Kiwame features. Kiwame tantou can already dodge in daytime environments, and Wakizashis can parry attacks.

I wonder if we're gonna get a class with counter attacks that'd be neat

I wonder what uchigatana ability will be. If it isn't anything special and the stat boosts aren't too high then I'll probably leave many uchis un-kiwame'd. I'm too attached to many of their designs.

Are the free dmm pts available for the app?

What exactly is katsugeki trying to accomplish, storywise? It seems like they keep introducing elements and ideas and then abandoning them immediately. The poor pacing and hugely inconsistent tone also don't help.

I don't know. I just turn my brain off and enjoy Yagen's legs when I watch Katsugeki.

I kind of see it as some alternative telling of how Hori became a fanboy and how Kane-san became cocky and cool. Of course the anime might not end like that, but the character development so far points that way.

As for the enemy army, I'm hoping that Nitro+ is using the anime as a sort of a preview of how they will develop the "plot" of the game. They already showed us that gattai monster in the very episode that was written by Nitro+ staff.

It had doggo sexualization, suffering and yagen thighs. The only thing missing is lazy sleepy Jiji getting up nude in the morning and attended to hand and foot to get dressed.
10/10 AOTY

Tanuki for sure

afaik no, since dmm points aren't used as in-game currency in the app version. If you have ddm points, cash them in on the PC version then go to the app after.

I honestly haven't been using them as much during the current event, but I plan to exploit them in world 7. I need all the extra help and fast swords

His stats are shit and I don't care about idols, so I'm just there for the exp and the bgm. No pressure grinding is quite relaxing.

Is there anything GBF-related happening on the Touken side?

Ah, alright, thanks. Going to get the free points on the browser then.

The way the staff talked about it as AX, the main ambition was to just create a sword action drama that could possibly hold with something like Samurai Champloo or Rurouni Kenshin. Both those series had much longer broadcast spans and could play with story and drama much longer overall, but they also had random episodic arcs. I think, overall, Katsugeki will just be a battle/action marketing show for the overall franchise the way Gundam Build Fighters was. Battle for the sake of battle, fanservice for the sake of fanservice, and shilling all the while.

which actually isn't a bad thing. The battles are nice. I just get frustrated on the occasions they cut AWAY from a potentially epic group battle to just focus on a 1v1 with very obvious result is the toudan will win. The battles certainly could use more tension or stronger characters. I want the enemy swords to give both Unit1 and 2 run for their money. Too easy right now and just makes me want a Dynasty Warriors style game for touken ranbu

also this. I can't complain unless it 's cutting away before Yagen fights.

about the only time I logged in on the browser version after getting mobile, was to cash in some DMM points and expand my swords inventory. Otherwise it's a hassle getting under 1000 yen on my account. but DMM takes paypal so it's just so easy to spend money when in browser mode...

Why?

Supply and Demand.
Rare stuff like that always gets ridiculous prices.

As far as I'm aware, nothing's been announced so far.

I don't know if it's just me but the battles feel so bland. I guess the action is good but it doesn't strike me as something memorable or anything. I was watching Apocrypha's battles yesterday and those were so much more entertaining, I don't know. Maybe they're just too serious?
So far the only thing that's really stuck with me was the group battle in ep 1 and those few seconds of Genji fighting together.

no, you're not the only one. The battles definitely do feel bland compared to even the ones in FZO or UBW. Even knowing the context and out comes of those fights, the choreo was interesting. So far in Katsugeki, I only really think the battle on the ship was the most interesting, because it started with a succession of mission objectives--Ootachi blocking, Yagen deflecting the canons, Mutus and Kanesan getting to the ship, more unbalanced battle aboard the ship until Tsuru arrives etc. many things were happening at once and it was more exciting.

The Unit 1 battles were so lopsided it really did feel like a Musou game, or like the stage plays where Toudan v Enemy Army was bland, but Toudan v Toudan is interesting fight styles.

they either need to have more serious practice matches among themselves, toudan turning corrupt, or enemy army gets smarter (and not just number waves who are swept by Unit 1).

I'm a bit behind in Apocrypha so I can't comment on those battles as comparison, but I do agree that so far in Katsugeki, per the total of onscreen fighting vs memorable scenes, it's more "wow" factor like the summoning at end of ep1 or Tsuru's appearance, rather than interesting battle dynamics.

I'm probably biased here because I'm really enjoying Katsugeki but I feel it's tying to make swords seem more human.
The fact that they can do stuff out of their own will without it being an order is interesting.
Although it's true that the plot really doesn't seem to go anywhere because, what is exactly the plot? They could do a bunch of interesting shit but they're too scared to go through with it for the potential backlash.
Hanamaru despite being SoL brought an interesting point, what exactly happens if a sword tries to change history? Do they break? Do they get corrupted? Do they just dissappear entirely? We'll never really know. I heard one of the toukenstages has sword corruption but I haven't seen them so don't know how it went there.

>toukenstages has sword corruption
I hope this gets uploaded eventually. The first stage play was pretty fun and it'd be interesting to see how they handled it.

Second stage play was already leagues ahead of the first, costume and writing wise (in the sense they we're really beginning to hit their stride). As an odagumifag, I had no complaints at all. Haven't made the effort to track down the third, but really excited for it.

wait, only Odagumi stage is out. The Dategumi hasn't release BD yet and you're saying there's a third one???

I don't really pay attention to the musicals but are you possibly referring to the musical series?

wait. or are you referring to the Re-run of the Odagumi stage?

Will TR ever get an arcade game like KC or FGO?

My bad. I keep calling the first toumyu a toustage because I got used to calling it that when it was still promoing (like a fool). I also skipped the other myus so it gets confused sometimes. But in any case, the 2.5D has been improving steadily, was my point.

oh okay, I figured it was that, I was just confused if "costume and writing" improvement was between the original Odagumi and the re-run, since I hadn't seen the re-run but there couldn't have been any huge story changes.

The musicals and the stages are way different productions though, in the same way Hanamaru and Katsugeki are different. I personally don't prefer the Musicals but I can tell they are super talented and the writing is geared toward a much different audience. The stage plays are more coherent and, again like Katsugeki, the focus was on the fight and stage choreo rather than dancing and singing. so it's a bit unfair to compare all 2.5D the same way. And regardless, your pic related, and others, are extremely talented in both Musical format as well as just stage acting when you look at something like Ensemble Stars.

on the whole though, I'm the type of person to prefer The stage plays and Katsugeki-style anime, over the Musicals and Hanamaru. But I don't think one has 'worse' writing than the other. just different visual emphasis.

There is a kurodagumi one in the works though the casting isn't complete.

what the fuck

I've seen weirder in this fandom.

Kiwame today?

This 100k in two weeks thing better not become a trend.

Judging by the staff calendar, it should be today. New sword teaser should be out towards the end of this week for the upcoming smithing campaign.

Anyone who will kiwame Urashima or Monoyoshi?

Who knows, I can see it happening in a long long future although I'm not sure if a TR arcade would make sense

Will definitely Kiwame Urashima, we'll see about Monoyoshi.

Both. Bought two of those training return birds too. I'm going to be that asshole you see in PvP with a full kiwame team.

I doubt it since I already like Urashima's design too much, and I doubt the kiwame will be better, and Monoyoshi has a dumb hat.
I sometimes wonder why so many people do it. Do you really not mind the bad designs? Or do you simply not care about how they look? I just can't ruin them like that. So few actually look decent, even fewer of them surpass the original.

I just want to collect all of them.

Most of the Kiwame designs are tolerable or they grow on me after a while. I just want to be able to keep up with the new map and event releases.

Just to be clear guys, we're only getting those 5 swords in gbf and Doggo/Tsumaru are not playable it seems. Mutsun's seems to be the summon and Tsumaru a story NPC.

Eh, the twitter and page post says that Doggo/Tsuru lend their power "touken danshi" style.
I'm guessing they'll do something like get one of the weapons and raise it's loyalty to unlock the character. It's been done before but with only a skin, plus the ranko grind for idols also exist so possibly there could be something similar for swords.
Summons never get announced like that, Story NPC I can give you that though.

I legitimately really like Kiwame Hori and I don't regret Kiwame'ing him a single bit. For Monoyoshi and Urashima, it really depends on how they look. I'm scared for Monoyoshi because I already feel it'll be a mess.

Place your bets on whether we'll have a maintenance extension today.