Mercedes

What is the appeal of a Mercedes?

What about them is actually good?

Some people seem to love them and other people seem to hate them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZPJ64sTa7KI
youtube.com/watch?v=dt-2rsl0ZyY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They build the best car in the world. People hate them cause they ain't them

youtube.com/watch?v=ZPJ64sTa7KI

>What is the appeal of a Mercedes?

normie prestige. normies love flashing their iphones, gucci, jordans etc. same thing. for some reason it is a more successful look with normies than bmw, lexus etc.

>What about them is actually good?

they are good cars but their competitors objectively make better cars. almost every BMW is better than the equivalent Mercedes

>video unavailable.

uh-uhhh quick say something nice about mercedes

Very aesthetically pleasing brand new and status. After 3 years tho dump it

For me its the durability. A good vehicle is one that lasts for the ages. I think there is nothing more irritating than buying the same item over and over again when there are examples that last for decades. Ever since I was a little boy I was drawn to how timeless and elegant Benzes are, since they don't flock to the styling trends all other automakers tend to use at the same time to mimic each other which instantly locks a given car to a certain era by whichever tacky design attributes it contains.

Mercedes is the world's first automaker and for being around all these years it speaks of their dedication of das Beste oder Nichts which is literally "The best or nothing" which was part of a letter Karl Benz himself wrote to an associate when they were discussing parts for upcoming vehicles.

You get a BMW because you want other people to think you are somebody. You get a Mercedes because you ARE somebody

Old (up to W124/W126/W201) Mercs are genuinely good and reliable cars that people still daily drive to this very day. Scotty IS right about mid90s to mid 2000s Mercs through they are shit compared to the older Mercs. It seems Mercedes is finally getting their shit together with their newest offerings.

This. The office lady gave me a lift to lunch in her 2006 W203 and it felt like a tinny POS compared to my 1992 W201 2.6 which feels like it was carved out of a solid slab of granite

you ARE somebody who leases a mercedes to pretend they’re important

This is the auto board, people get a bmw here because they handle well and are fun to drive, not to play pretend.

t. Mercedes-Daimler marketing team

Only 2 kind of people drive them here in my Yuro country Slavic or Turkic migrants.
It's a Slaviv Muslim brand here.

I like the old mercs. But the new mercs look chinsey, chavy and far too flashy and are either driven by pushy businessmen or a pushy woman who's either the wife of a pushy businessman or a completely classless person.

LMFAO benz drivers are literal badgewhores who think they're ''''something'''' for driving an uptarted shitbox.
At least BMW produces cars for driving enthusiasts.

shitboxes

New Mercedes sedans are some of the comfiest vehicles to do a road trip in. Amazing ventilated seats, radar cruise control and semi-auto steer, great stereos, zero road noise, and an amazing suspension. Wouldn't buy any of the non-AMGs myself but after driving even a C class on a 10 hour road trip I can see why people like them.

They killed the import market
I automatically hate anyone who buys one

Mercedes-Benz causes premium butthurt on Veeky Forums. That makes them worth every penny.

but that's bmw

>vacuum cleaner exhaust sound
>fake exhaust sounds
>shit handling and feedback
>shitbox turbo engines
>keep getting heavier and heavier
Yea, cars for the enthusiast

Mercedes is good. Sometimes people want a pure luxury experience on their daily commutes. Mercedes basically invented luxury, and has maintained the benchmark with every new generation S-Class.

BMW may do driving dynamics better, but not the overall luxury experience.
Audi may do interior technology better than Merc, but not the overall luxury experience.
Lexus may do quality control and manufacturing better, but up until recently they certainly left a lot to be desired.

Mercedes has just consistently been a leader in terms of what a luxury car is supposed to be. All 3 of those brands use the S-Class to benchmark their own flagships.

hahaha so fucking butthurt, because you know it’s true faggot badgewhore, why are you even on the auto board? You belong on some arab/turk diaspora forum or maybe a retired boomer facebook group

Uh no? People just criticize mercs for being heavy and having bad handling. Bmw is the german brand that makes autists froth at the mouth

>vacuum cleaner exhaust
Benz
>fake exhausts
Benz
>shit handling
Historically Benz
>shitbox turbo engines
At least BMW doesnt dare to put ricer tier 4 cylinders in their M cars unlike AMG
>keep getting heavier and heavier
Benz has always been heavy as fuck and they have never become lighter unlike benz
Example: M4 curb weight 3527 lbs
C63 coupe curb weight 4000lbs lmfao

>never become lighter unlike benz
I mean unlike BMW

God I don't even like BMW but you're fucking retarded

It's really the opposite. Thats why benz has the CLA

Mercedes is about comfort, they outclass everything in that field.

it's for turks and russians coming to germany LARPing as ethnic germans from the former gulags (which they're not) and applying for gibs

Mercedes had to draw in the normies that would have bought Acuras and Lexus and BMWs. CLAs are a joke but so are the people that buy them so its fitting

The name has prestige to it. That's really most of the appeal.
That being said, they are very good cars, as long as you're a good owner, so if you take good care of them then they'll last longer than most other brands. Also, although it's not specifically Mercedes, the Daimler off-road trucks are second to none in function (except maybe the Russians).
On the bad side, both Daimler and Mercedes are expensive to purchase and maintain, which is why a lot of owners who "squeezed" them into their monthly budget really shouldn't have.

Even IRL a 26 year old Benz with 280,000 miles on it causes grand butthurt from cuckbox drivers and poorfags. People get on me thinking I have a pokey little diesel model, and not the inline 6 and then get super assmad I'm suddenly 1/8th of a mile ahead of them

>feels good man

Mercedes don't disintegrate inside and out after 10 years like a BMW does. I've driven a few Beemers to see if I was missing anything sticking with Mercs and BMWs lack torque. I drove an E36 325i around to compare my W201 2.6 against to see that missing element that may or may not have been there and all I experienced was a torqueless motor that needed to rev about 2000 rpm higher on average to move around at the same pace my 190E kept without breaking a sweat on top of a Toyota-level spartan interior that was already in shambles despite being 100,000 less miles and 3 years newer than my Benz. Buddy had a E30 couple like pic related but red though it fell apart by the time he got rid of it. He took the car bluepill and is now making payments on a used 2004 FWD V6 Toyota Highlander like the mong he is, 8 year financing on a 14 year old plastic Jap toybox

This is true. As much as I like Mercedes past and present the newer ones are seemingly meant to be disposable and not iconic and timeless like the 2000 and older models.

You mean that's why I've purchased 3 Mercs with cash, user? Because I am flashy poseur that wants to look cool, riiiiight?

I used to own a W201 with the 2.3 liter petrol.
Worst financial mistake i've ever made
Now I own an E34 525i and I couldn't be happier, the car is built like a tank.
Also
>325i 192hp/245nm
>W201 166hp/228nm
Yeah nah the e36 was not slower you can stop bullshitting us.

Lol sorry ass badgewhore the best you can afford to buy with cash is a $1600 W220 S class with broken air suspension.

You bought the 2.3, no wonder you hated your 190E. I never heard good things about the 4 cylinder 190Es, and they quit selling them in Burgerland for a few years before returning for the last 3 model years. I didn't say the E36 was SLOWER, just that it had to work harder to move around like my 190E drove.

"My leased Mazda CX-4.5R2D2 is such a superior vehicle since I need to feel like less of a tool for spending $500+ a month on some cuckover that I will have to return in 3 years"

I drive superior german brands such as porsche or BMW. Nice objection though.

Wew, daily drove a w126 with the m103 straight 6. Still miss that car. Awful gas mileage but max comfy

>ywn live in a world where cars are designed to last a lifetime
Whoever came up with planned obsolescence needs to be tracked down and gassed

>Wristwatch over shirtsleeve

Are Benz drivers really this autistic?

At least it's not over the jacket sleeve. Although Veeky Forums would probably approve of that

I like my memory and massage seats, adjustable suspension, and the fact thatevery passengerhas their own AC, heated seats, and even reclining rear seats.

Also, RWD 7 Speed auto V8

nothing you mentioned is unique on benzs only

Stuttgart makes good cars
Other Germans can fuck off though, especially Bavarians

good bait

>v12 engines are a joke

>CLA
>V12 engine

Forgetting all those old Mercedes with biodegradable wiring harnesses?

Why Mercedes can't build sensible reliable cars anymore?

They still do

Fugg
Confused it with sla 600 or so
Jeez man, why do they have these stupid letter acronym number designations. I know what they look like but can't ever spew out the right fucking name. It's the worst thing about a Mercedes, you mention the model, they have no idea which one you're talking about.

So where else would I get this stuff in?

Yeah but they do it all together the best

aside diesel taxis

is it bad a want to get a certified preowned one? always really loved em cause of my grandfather having an old convertible.

That's the best way to get in a newish Mercedes. S classes can lost like 50% of their value in 3 years and still have plenty of warranty left over
But it's not lol they're unreliable, just follow maintenance and don't neglect them and they'll last a long time

my Kia has half that stuff.

>Half that stuff

Sure you can recline the rear sests in a Sedona, but that's it. Do you where I'm goint with this?

The blackpill on high end cars is that they are all equally unreliable. A 7-series is as unreliable as an S-Class, is as unreliable as a Jaguar, is as unreliable as an A8. You think the seat massage is going to work 15 years from now? The heated windshield? The air suspension? It won't. These are cars expendable. The junk yards of the future will have aesthetically beautiful vehicles sitting in them, but they won't run because of the bespoke electronics and the problems therein.

>says jaguars will be unreliable because of the electronics
He doesn't know their reliability has improved because they were so unreliable before they were given electronics

My CL600 makes 630whp

I like unmodified v12s because of how quiet they are and theoretical longevity but that thing is powerful.

the point is that many features that people see as "luxury" appointments are increasingly becoming standard on non-luxury cars. high-end cars have better build quality going for them and really exotic stuff like adding flavors to your cabin air ventilation but you dont need to drop $75k anymore for something that isnt a barebones deathtrap.

>memory seats
yep

>massage seats
nope

>adjustable suspension
suspension is pretty soft already, it does have Sport and Eco modes but they only affect the drivetrain characteristics

>every passenger has their own AC
dual zone front climate control, back seat plebs get a vent to play with

>heated seats
front and rear heated seats and cooled front seats

>even reclining rear seats.
i dont use the rear seats anyway

touchscreen GPS/infotainment, power dual panoramic sunroof, auto folding mirrors, paddle shifters, back up sensors, cross traffic sensors, BLIS sensors, keyless entry, LED lighting, etc. all in a car you can get lightly used for under $20k.

They did that for a couple of years in the early 90s before they found something more durable. My W202 had that wiring harness new but his long since been replaced with a non-biodegradable wiring harness

>It's the worst thing about a Mercedes, you mention the model, they have no idea which one you're talking about.

If you're a mongo perhaps, the model letter/number combos are pretty self explanatory once you get the basic outlines

C=small/sporty sedan
E=midsize/comfy sedan
S=Creme de la creme top tier fullsize sedan, typically leader in new features and advances.
CL/SEC=S-Class Coupes
G=Gelandewagen, supreme 4x4 legit SUV unlike the
ML= a soft roader SUV built in Alabama for Stacys and MILFs to drive to outlet malls and Starbucks at 2pm on a Monday.

lexus ls
7 series
A8
volvo s90l (minus the V8)
jaguar xj
vw phaeton
genesis g90
lincoln continental
several suv's
i'm only talking about new-ish cars

You'll keep saying that until you actually DRIVE a Benz. The agile handling and solid performance is to the point you just look at most other cars as a piece of shit. Since I bought my first Mercedes 10 years ago I literally rank all other cars I wind up driving on how close they are dynamically to being as good as a Mercedes. After driving a different brand car I mentally calculate how the other car is in what ratio it is to being as nice of a drive as a Benz, a perfect mimic would be 1:1, to date best I have seen is a .8 to 1, user. I can't own anything besides a Mercedes now, nothing else comes close to how they handle and go for me.

What do you mean?

Yeah, can your Kia fly down the highway doing 85 mph as smooth and relaxed as other cars feel at 50 mph? If you think Mercedes' allure is on account of the cushy seats and neato interior features and power functions you couldn't be more wrong. Mercedes are a drivers' car. The excellence is in how stable and smooth they are, even while you drive them like a bat out of hell. I'm sure your Kia starts shaking like a Mexican built Space Shuttle at 65 mph, user

Its the BEST way to get a Mercedes, user.

benz has never even focused on driving dynamics but rather luxury.
go drive a real car like a porsche or bmw.

>Thinking a Mercedes is highly acclaimed for the plethora of kickass interior features and nothing else

that's what user I replied to was implying.

Stability and comfort is not a luxury? I have driven a few BMWs and rode in a couple of Porsches. Sure a Porsche and a BMW may offer a sharper driving experience but not everyone REQUIRES rock-hard suspension like BMW and the flash and flickability of say any 911 since the dawn of time, user.

I shit you not, the first time I drove a E28 I thought I busted a front shock the way the car took a little dip in the road while I was getting a feel for the car. You might like that feeling or the way RR-layout coupes lend themselves to oversteer and drifting, but your tastes aren't mine and vice versa

>agile handling and solid performance
you see, soft suspension is the polar opposite of ''agile handling''

Its what bluepilled poorfags think IRL too. They think all vehicles drive just like their clapped out econobox does but with a bigger MSRP. You know that $3k Civic that Veeky Forums thinks is the epitome of value and reliability? I'd have to say I found one better in the $2.5K used Benz. Same concept but better yet I don't feel like some lame fucker any time I look out towards my driveway.

There IS a sweet spot between BMW firm and totally floaty soft like a Cadillac or a Buick, user. I have found that Mercedes gives you the best from both ends.

i find benzs too soft though. guess it comes down to preference. I hate excessive body roll.
never driven buicks or cadillacs, only german cars.

Oh god you'd have a stroke if you drove a Cadillac or Buick then

I just love my W202 Kompressor and C124. I was searching for cool project cars but other brands just couldnt deliver- quality/bodystyles/bang for the buck.
All Bmws here are clapped out chavmobiles, same with Audis. Old Benzes are known as "boring old peoples cars".

I love how solid they feel and the design is timeless (read: they looked already old when they rolled out). And i love how my poorfag friends complain how Benzes suck (but they love to sit in mine), rust (all their "zinked" Audis have rustholes in them) and so on.

Oh and i forgot. Sport suspension (Sport on W202 or Sportline on W124) takes out the body roll. Not as stiff as BMW but better.
And you cant get pointy star hood ornament on other cars- literally badgwhore.

I've owned 3 older mercs in the past (W201 2.6, W124 2.3 and W124 250D Turbo) which were rock solid. I had them for a bit over 6 years and 165k kms total.

I like the ease of maintenance, how reliable they are, how they look and how they feel to drive.

They also have a luxury reputation in my small country of under-10-million-people so even my polished up 10-year old bottom end model gets "what, did you win the lottery or something?" -comments.

Pic related.

I thought that Finland was land of W210?
I have resprayd multiple W210 for Finnish customers in my poorfag Eesti

Honestly I think there are just as many older mercs on the road other than the W202 and W210 rust models, I see all of them daily. My W204 is common too.

Ive been looking into getting one of the kompressors. Would reccomend?

Don't talk shit about my beloved W163 Alabama trash cans. They are a cheap, nearly unbreakable treasure and eventually some faggot youtuber will make a video explaining how easy they are to fix (everything except the transmission can be DIY) and the owners sell them used for pittances becaude the benz dealer quotes them insane service and repair bills. And when there's an actual gearbox problem, you just get one from a junkyard for when an owner got the insane quote and couldn't sell the car. Also they were in a Jurassic park movie.

My ML500 gave its life for me when a truck merged into my lane lane tearing my front drivers side wheel off. Best peppiest most comfortable little 4x4 ever and I've owned Isuzu troopers and land cruisers. I'm getting another soon.

Otherwise I don't care much about Mercedes's except the old sedans seem to run forever if maintained and ten years ago I used to see them everywhere as kids high school first cheap cars. (We are 15 minutes from a copart auction site)

I must say that if Mercs trigger Veeky Forums this hard I must speed up my hunt for a nice ML500 in order to shitpost about it fortnightly

Explains it nicely.

Thoughts on the 2010 E-class coupe (C207)? Pic related.

Big and bulky, go newer or the sedan instead.

Hell yea IF you can find a rarer manual or 2.0L Southern Europe version. Especially Sport trim. Look for rust, supercharger rattle, chain rattle and if biodegradable engine harness is replaced. Less shit onboard (ESP-BAS- luxury options), less weight.

>I don’t use the rear seats anyway.

I bought a passenger vehicle for the sake of my passengers, you giant asspie.

Oh yeah, no car is in its class for build quality, performance, and comfort for $5,000.

How did you go straight into apples/oranges?

Anyone have any experience with owning a 2010-2013 C class? My only real concern is the reliability since the cost of repairs is so big. I should add im not mechanically skilled but i would very much like to learn

>$5000
W220? Lol there is a reason those are the most depreciated cars in history.
youtube.com/watch?v=dt-2rsl0ZyY

new price: $180.000
he bought it for $3750
98% depreciation in 11 years
Jesus fucking christ