Speed enforced by aircraft

>speed enforced by aircraft

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m-xg4QPAOMk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I never understood this. Every time I see one of these signs I look up and don't see any aircraft with watchful eyes.

Pretty rare, but it is a way some states nail guys with radar detectors

>Believing anything the guv'mint says or writes

Lmao what cuntry has this?

youtube.com/watch?v=m-xg4QPAOMk

I see those signs on some highways here (Alberta).
I’ve never seen or heard of the RCMP actually doing it, I just ignore them because it seems pretty doubtful that it actually happens (plus I barely speed anyways).

>Saskatoon
Well I'll be damned.

>cruising enforced by aircraft

I always get a good laugh out of those signs. They have been up for probably 3 or 4 decades, I remember that they were already getting rusty/shot up by rednecks in the 90's, and the state doesn't have the budget/funding anymore to fly manned aircraft over the highway looking for speeders to issue $300 tickets.

Aircraft work like radar. There are big white lines on the highway and they loiter above and calculate your speed based on known distance between the two sets of lines. Used to be an easy job for new pilots but you don't see it too much anymore

Once cops deploy drones, you won't be laughing anymore

>Once cops deploy drones, you won't be laughing anymore
My city's police was going to deploy drones for all kinds of legal surveillance. It's allowed by law, but the anti-police activists made a big stink and filed lawsuits (with outlandish claims). So the city avoided paying for discrimination lawsuits by not fielding drones except for mapping of auto accident and certain other crime locations only.

Yes, drones can do speed surveillance and night vision surveillance. But that is on hold for now. It might be interesting if bigger drones were made that could shoot those long range taser darts. Those darts have the power source on board so it is a genuine projectile.

Speed in north America and get killed by a predator drone strike

If you get pulled over from an airplane timing you as you pass the lines on the side of the road, would you be entitled to verification like you are with a radar gun? How would proof you speeding even be determined? Would be kind of funny if the cops had to land and provide the certification of accuracy for their stopwatch and cameras.

That fucking better be how I go out. None of this 130+ hit a deer and lose it bullshit

In Missouri you can ask for verification, plus half the time the pilots never show up to court so cases get dropped down to minor bs

>Target marked! Light these motherfuckers up!

>imagining the police justifying the cost of flying many helicopters all day just to catch a few speeders

Speed enforcement is really just about revenue so they aren't going to put something up with a pilot at whatever cop pilots cost and a plane with a $100/hr fuel burn time when it's far cheaper to pay some chump $30/hr to do some catch and release.

How cost-effective is this shit? Or is the bird just already in the air and has a guy doing this while it just chops around?

Most police departments have shit budgets in general. Exceptions are big city departments in big tax zones like NYPD, LAPD and CHP.

They may have a few helicopters up just in case of a high-speed chase and may fill their time with speeding enforcement.

More specifically, the aircraft go up with two guys, a pilot and a spotter who actually watches the traffic and times cars (so they have to pay two guys to do it instead of one).
Then if it goes to court, both the spotter and the officer in the cruiser who actually makes the stop have to show up, making it even more of a pain in the ass for them.

IIRC one study found roughly 2/3 of Americans were strongly opposed to the use of drones for speed enforcement and other similar tasks, it’s very politically unpopular.

I saw this in new mexico. I thought it was to keep trespassers out of the nice wild areas.

kek

plz no

I once got ticketed like this in eastern Washington. Aircraft tracks speed from the sky using a stop watch and marker system then sends a runner on the ground to give you the ticket. Got it thrown out though, its pretty easy to fight if you know what you're doing.

I see aircraft enforcement almost EVERY time I drive from MN through Iowa. I HATE it even though I have never been pulled over by it.

It seems like such a shameless cash grab of foreigners just trying to get through your shitty state in a safe fast way.

Why the FUCK can't I just speed in peace?!!
I don't look into my phone and text like Chad and I don't put makeup on using the rearview mirror like Stacey, I don't drive a riced turbo i4 shitbox, I don't drive an SUV that would squash anyone who touches it while going at 2 mph and I don't get distracted from driving like a Ja'Quan
Some people should be given a license that allows them higher speed limits and have it CLEARLY indicated on their license plates

Just wait until every PD has drones flying overhead and tagging anyone going 5mph over

>Most police departments have shit budgets in general

BS, Pretty much all small town PD's around me are cruising around in brand new unmarked chargers and explorers.

lol my local smalltown PD cruises around in brand new Tahoe's and RAM 1500's

They probably get grants for stuff like that. My town has last gen silverados and a single newer f150 to compliment their super sad looking crown vic

>ywn save this user from his sad mediocre flyover live

I-I can buy everything i need at the walmart or online!

>Unproven Embellishments: The Post

>have it CLEARLY indicated on their license plates
You cannot do that due to anti-discrimination lawsuits. Anti-discrimination activists are always looking to prevent government from identifying someone as being of higher status than others or getting more benefits than others.

It's always roundly attacked as discriminatory to have different license plates or license plate stickers to identify those with legal problems such as DUI or reckless driving. Having plates that get stickers to allow speeding is much the same. Blacks cannot afford the stickers while the whites can. Thus, the creation of such stickers is racially discriminatory and cannot be done as it promotes racial discrimination.

Few, if any police departments make a profit on traffic enforcement. That notion is mostly peddled by angry drivers who get tickets. Parking enforcement on the other hand...
>unmarked
LOL aren't there supposed to be laws against this? Like each department must have a certain percentage of marked patrol cars?

My town is the same, and even the newest marked patrol cars are grey with plain blue lettering. The biggest tell is always the spotlight.

I don't get it, why is it discrimination if it's against niggers?

It's a bluff

I've only seen this in CA and I know better than to think CA has enough money to have a plane or chopper enforcing speed limits in the fucking desert.

Cali has loads of planes circling the several areas, FBI likes deploying aerial Stingray systems.

What are they looking for exactly? I do 90+ except in Blythe and Indio. Everything else is fair game until I get to LA.

That's what you think. My department has 2 helis and a fixed wing. The helis have dedicated patrol times where they're up in the air regardless of whether or not they've been called to follow a suspect. I'm not totally up to speed on what the air unit actually does when they aren't chasing actual crime suspects, but my point is that's undoubtedly expensive yet we do it.

People bitched at my PD to get body cameras, now they're bitching because it's a "violation of privacy" and they can't get out of their traffic tickets/criminal charges anymore because every violation/crime is recorded. They'd throw an even bigger fit if they knew how much they paid for them in taxes.

On a more related note drones are fucking excellent. Helis and planes are expensive, and again it's you who pays for them. It's also expensive to lose an officer doing the most dangerous thing that we do: building clearing. If we could just send an indoor drone in to clear a building rather than risking our lives every time an alarm goes off that would be hugely beneficial. The problem is those things have shit battery life. Talking 20 minute flight times for high end expensive ones. That's not long enough to chase a suspect or power an attached taser. The tech needs to improve, but departments everywhere are looking into it.

That's bullshit.
People get vanity plates and special edition plates all the time. It isn't discriminatory if some Joe gets a special military plate while I can't because I wasn't a POW or served in Korea, or got a purple heart... and you have to pay extra for vanity plates....

City grants are given for new vehicles that must be used on new vehicles. They're only given when everything breaks the fuck down and we're running on a few 10 year old crown vic death machines. Cop cars also age 3x as fast as normal people cars. Those things get abused like your mother.

Everything else about our funding is shit. It's hard to justify a need for things like new radios compared to new cars. If the cars don't work we actually need new cars, if the radios are 10 pounds and the mics have food crumbs in them from the last guy that used it, tough shit. If inflation and housing costs go up and your salary is still the same as the city trash collectors, tough shit. They'll write up a budget that'll maybe get passed in 10 years.

>have it CLEARLY indicated on their license plates

It's called a fallen officer memorial plate or a blue line sticker. I'm not kidding.

>rather than risking our lives
You knew the inherent risks when you took the fucking job. Now go serve the public and get killed by some nig, pig.

If you start using quadcopters for traffic enforcement, I'll start microwaving your quadcopters.

I should book you on agg assault for cutting me with that edge. We'll see who comes crying when his studio apartment gets broken into and he's scared Tyrone might still be inside.

My dad got caught racing in his 1976 stingray outside of Ottawa by one of those planes.

Nice projection
>apartment
>nigs nogging
I have a house, out in the midwest, where there isn't a nig for two-hundred miles, and if one did break in, he'd be eating M855 at 900 rounds per minute.

>I have a house in the Midwest
I'm sorry

>there isn't a nig for two-hundred miles
That's great, but there's isn't anything remotely interesting or important for 200 miles around either

>That's bullshit.
You should re-read his post. It has nothing to do with vanity plates. I was curious about the post and googling also turned up that one state was considering making license plates for self-driving cars red. News like that can be significant for people in that state since it implies that state would phase out other red-colored vanity plates in order to make the self-driving plates stand out. Do people then risk getting a rare red vanity plate that is grandfathered? Or if they get a red vanity plate, it would be ordered to be replaced with a conventional plate with a refund provided? If the refund was provided, that would create a window of time in which those red vanity plates could be gotten for "free".

>california
k

>96 kph
That's not even 60 mph. What is the problem here?

>obeys the law

Only seen this in Mississippi.

This

i friend from nh told me this, said 'they let him off with a warning'

>Just wait until every PD has drones flying overhead and tagging anyone going 5mph over
Stationary speed zone cameras in my city trigger at 2.5 MPH over as described in a newspaper article over 2 years ago. While not in drones, I wonder what the accuracy is for the speed cameras on mobile devices like drones.

I wish