It's 2018. What is the best car of the century so far?

It's 2018. What is the best car of the century so far?

Must have production above 100 units
Must have started production in at least 2000

My vote is for the 918

nah it's a piece of shit hybrid vacuum cleaner
Lexus LC500

Fuck off Porsche shill. We already voted and decided that the Lexus LC 500 was the best car.

>471 hp
>4200 lbs

no. it might be luxurious and well built but it's still a fat heifer

Power isn't everything. 225hp/t is absolutely phenomenal for a driver's car. You don't understand driving.

p1/918,the viper and the (unironically) m2
the new mr chebby looks promising

i understand driving is more than the powertrain. when you're on a nice driving road, you don't want anything over 3700 lbs

You number crunching bench racers will never learn that you can't judge a car from a paper. Weight doesn't matter, what matters is how it feels. The LC 500 is light and responsive, nimble but yet planted.

Carrera GT

>light
>nimble

is english your first language. the lc500 is fat and heavy

He's completely right though. Fat cars are meant for long highways not winding roads.

>Autotragic pigfat trash

Objectively correct

Ford GT, god tier aftermarket of an american V8 with exotic styling and collectible appreciation in value at an initially affordable price with high production numbers that makes people more comfortable modifying them to break world speed records even in todays time.

>at an initially affordable
as far as exotic cars goes i mean.

>move somewhere with poorly maintained roads, not a curve or bend for 100 miles
>sell hot hatch
>get Challenger R/T
Pretty damn comfy desu

ENZO
N
Z
O

>You can't judge a car based on numbers on a paper
>B b b but these numbers on this paper say it's heavy!

I know I'll get some heat for saying this, but the second gen Toyota Prius gets my vote, no matter how much I can't stand the car.

It made hybrids mainstream, without-which, your 918 wouldn't exist.
The Prius also popularized the Eco-friendly movement, for better or worse.
It also made the public more familiar with electric vehicle propulsion helping to pave the way for acceptance for Tesla.

I like you guys

nah ugly trash F40 is peak ferrari

Mfw 600hp/ton
Also weight definitely matters tardo, 2 tons is fuckhuge

agree. these were $140-150K, I think? nothing on the road like them. literally never stopped being cool. most exotics from 2004 look dated as hell

M2 if it hadn't has a regular n55 with fancy bits and instead an actual s55
S58 in the i8 chassis when?

>acceptance for Tesla
Is that why they can't turn a profit?

You’re going to lose your lexus marketing job if you keep making retarded posts like this, then it’ll be back to sweeping the floor at mcdonalds

m2 clubsport might get the s55
reveal should be at geneva

Porsche GT2 RS or the Ford GT

When you guys say car do you mean best car because it's got power, looks, comfort, decend price for performance, reliability and practicallity for a human being. Or do you mean best race machine.

Hummer h2 so far.

LFA

Christ imagine how fast that will sell out. It will be the 1 series M all over again. WHY BMW WHY.

They will be able to charge $75k for it and still sell it out.

murcielago still looks like it came out yesterday though, phwoar

911 991 GT2 RS.

if it wasn't for the 100 minimum units it would be the Aston Martin Vulcan hands down though.

Make this thread after the Valkyrie is released.

This

Yeah there is way faster on the drag and around the track, but the spirit and passion in which Ford produced this is hyper car worthy. It shocked the world when they went for handling and balance over chasing the brick on wheels Hellcat cars.

>American V8
>8200RPM redline
>manual transmission

I feel this car overshadows the 2017 Ford GT where it matters and it can be had for under 60k.

The P1 trumps the 918 and I'm still hesitant to call the McLaren the best car of this century.

I'll nominate the Lexus LFA. It was fast. It was rare. It sounded amazing. Unlike most supercars of the last 20 years, the LFA had a real racing record and motorsport pedigree. It had superior reliability for a modern supercar. It was a media darling when the journos got behind the wheel and praised how superb driving it was.

What do you mean the P1 trumps the 918? 918 is a little faster on track from what I've seen, but lots of criteria for best car or the century.

find one for MSRP
>you can't

I love my JDM, but this car is phenomenal.