What can be done to make US roads safer?

The United States has higher road death statistics than other developed countries. Why is this, and what can be done about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate#List
kesq.com/news/emergency-crews-work-major-accident-on-highway-111-in-rancho-mirage/709915741
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Remove the americans.

>Why is this
not enough guns
>what can be done about it
more guns

>The United States has higher road death statistics
Per capita?

what about having people take real driving tests?

the only meaningful statistics would be per capita, so yes.

>meathead buys typical meathead car
>is a retard with it and dies
>roastie immediately posts "RIP" on social media
Nothing of value was lost

>Why is this

Americans drive more than anybody else.

>and what can be done about it?

Stop letting women and old people drive. Or only let them drive cars with a ton of safety features.

>so yes.
Except no.

The United States is in the top globally for total road deaths, but is nowhere near the highest per capita.

But compared to other wealthy nations, such as Canada or Western European countries, this is still much higher.

U.S.: 10.6 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants
Japan: 4.7
Germany: 4.3
UK: 2.9

Because the DMV hands licenses out like candy and has laughably low standards for getting one.

>per 100,000 inhabitants
Per 100,000 vehicles is more accurate. Per inhabitant skews in favor of other countries, because the US has a higher percentage of vehicle ownership. There is still the matter of miles driven per capita, which is also higher in the US and is mostly where the difference stems from.

>Deaths per 100,000 vehicles
Canada: 9.5
New Zealand: 12.2
United States: 12.9
Portugal: 13.7
Poland: 15.8
South Korea: 21.2
Russia: 53.4
China: 104.5

Now post public transportation stats.

>what can be done about it?
Increase the speed limit

>Russia and China
Holy hell

among oecd

good public transportation and proper compact cities
if only those were reasonably viable options

ban women drivers

Surely you'd be better off looking at not per capita, but per 100,000 miles driven or something like that? Number of people or vehicles they own isn't so relevant, but it's more how many miles that are covered is what's important. But I can't be bothered to find that

Source? Not because I'm doubting you, I just want to see how other countries stack up

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate#List

No shit, most people own vehicles. Using the power of fucking reason it's safe to assume there would be a high number of deaths on the road, more then any other developed nation, you know. Cause you're all globalist fucks and barely drive.

Are you actually surprised by that?

does anyone here srsly believe driving is a relatively safe form of transportation compared to others?

mandatory safety inspections?!?

But for sure, you cunts needs a PROPER driving licensing system.
being able to reach the pedals =/= being capable of driving

>blaa blaa blaa
just post a picture of a guy with his fingers in his ears and his eyes covered

I hope not, but this thread is making me doubt otherwise.

7.1 fatalities pr 1 billion vehicle kilometer, less than Japan and Belgium, I think the burgers should be satisfied with that desu

>meathead
>roastie
>Talking about OP's pic
Leave

Tougher testing for driver licenses.

Better road maintenance and design.

Mandatory vehicle safety inspections.

Increase the standards to get a driver license

Mandatory driver reeducation.
Or, failing that, genocide.

I was having an amazing day and now Billy is dead.
There truly is no god.

Niggers and Women.

Require more comprehensive drivers tests with instructors who actually give a shit, and provide useful info to the driving-challenged.

Require a manual license first, then an auto the following year.

Stop with the huge ass infotainment screens that distract the driver.

find a way that actually works to keep teens from texting and driving, and adults from doing DUI.

I can 100% assure you road deaths are much higher in china than any of those statistics in both vehicles owned and by population. that is unless you thinknthe red dragon is not wealthy?

Ban men from driving ;p

Uneducated, ignorant, distracted drivers with vending machine drivers licenses in vehicles and on a road network that were engineered solely around convenience for the last 70 years. Autotragic this, cruise control that, emergency brake assistant here, lane departure warning there.

WAIT WTF BILLY DIED!?!?!

Oh, and on the topic of the road network, all the roads are wide and with dedicated turn lanes, and all the major intersections are right angled controlled by lights. It promotes laziness. I've actually driven illegally in the US before getting a license in Germany, a fucking monkey could've.

I think the driver training programs in the US need to be conducted consistently and strictly.
Some states have more comprehensive licensing systems. Maryland for example, starts all new drivers off on a provisional, even if you're 18, if you have never had a license. You're restricted to how many people can be in the car and what times you can drive.
Own that for two years without a ticket and you get a full license. The DMV course consists of a computerized exam, an eye test, a hearing test, and a lap on a closed course with a tester. To even get to the final test, you must complete a month of independent driver training classes.

Then you go two states down to North Carolina and you get a short written test and an eye exam for a license. Tennessee doesn't even do the test, if you're over 18.

The major issue here is that the states are in charge of their own roadways and laws, and ultimately, the decision of whether or not you get a license comes down to another human being who has the power to make it easier or harder for you. If people were tested more comprehensively and consistently, and licensed based on the ability to complete the tests instead of simply having jumped through all the hoops, there would be less discrepancy in the driving styles across America and crashes would decrease.

*sues you for discrimination if you fail an african american applicant because you personally are keeping him from rising out of poverty*

>implying the african american applicant doesn't just come back tomorrow to see Jahkwondah who will overlook the fact that none of his proofs of residence match, his bank statement has a different name on it, and his social security number is on a post-it.

Tripfag, you're alright. Don't go to your local Mercedes dealership on Monday.

>and what can be done about it?
Non joke answer: Invest, improve and expand the public transit infrastructure in the US. Right now, even in the major cities its a joke.

rev your engines
right?

Wikipedia lists deaths per 1 billion vehicle-miles, but only has data for a few countries.

Uh, it's you who is skewing it favorably to the US by doing that, not the other way around.

ty

nigger, who the fuck cares about deaths per 100,000 people when you are talking higher road death statistics. US has more people on the road therefore more deaths total if you look at per people. If you are smart you would look at per car.

This of course. Raise the standards a little bit, and make people retake the written test every time they renew their license. Then make it harder yet for people

Yeah no shut up and let the big boy's talk dumbmeristupid.

any info on what car he was driving?

>wanting more public transit
fucking commies

I want more public transit so the people who don't want to drive can get the fuck off the roads.

Apparently. His mother posted that he died in an accident on FB today. I am fucking bummed. He was the best of the gachimuchi bunch. Great sense of humor and a big motivation for me to start lifting. Japan must be devastated.

no.
trains are the safest form of transport.

He couldn't handle a stick.

first the news Obama Chavez died in an auto accident and now this. Just gets worse and worse senpai

>What can be done to make US roads safer?
Deport all the minorities.

It has never been compared to air and train travel.

Accepting and acknowledging that risk tends to make you attentive, and a better overall.

>And I am fucking bummed
>bummed

Aniki's car...

Spics and nigs (especially spics) are the worst drivers of all. They should be among those barred.

RIP

F

>not knowing who aniki is
Fuck off normie retard

Sauce?

>is retard with it and died
He got hit by a drunk driver.

You need to leave.

Men are more likely to commute than women. Most of the women i know only drive short distances like the store or school and most of the men i know have long commutes

We should ban cars.

Maybe we should just have Mook remove Veeky Forums.. maybe that will make the hurt go away.

>big cars are sa-

Apparently it wasn't a drunk driver?
kesq.com/news/emergency-crews-work-major-accident-on-highway-111-in-rancho-mirage/709915741

>collides or nearly collides with everything
>runs straight into a large hole

>Comparing Europe to America
Gib stats that are comparable.

Thanks tripfag, this is exactly what I was wanting to be Gib.

It's that way on purpose.

The entire point of urban sprawl and the lack of public transportation is to keep the niggers contained and prevent them from having easy access to places humans live.

This, thank fuck they are as quarantined as they are.

you mean to jew us into buying more car/gas/insurance/roads dumbass

This but unironically.

Based UK.

That said we run a ridiculously stringent system here.

Theory test - Weed out the retards
Practical Automatic only - disabled, foreigners and elderly only
Practical Manual - standard licence

Our test is on real public roads, no closed course bullshit. Most fail first time. Cars have annual safety inspections too unless under 3 years old.

Bikes are worse.
> CBT - Teaching fucktards to ride and change gear.
> Theory test - bike-license specific.
> Mod1 - Low-speed skills on a closed course, some high-speed manoeuvres. If you're a fucktard and can't control the bike, you fail.
> Mod2 - Strict road test. Stricter than cars.
> Age restrictions on power and displacement. No unrestricted license until you're 24.
> 17 year olds can only ride 125cc at most.
And, of course, MOTs apply as well after three years.

God he is so sexy and seems genuinely like such a fun guy.

Rip in peaces

Normalfag leave now.

>Destorying your economic center because you got bullied by a black.

What does an American driving test even consist of?

>Arizona
>pass short written exam about rules of the road
>back out of parking spot and reach a designated point between cones without hitting any
>pull back up and take a left
>follow without hitting cones
>get on road
>drive around a couple blocks
>one left turn
>couple right turns
>back to DMV
>pass
>$25
That was it. That license had an expiration date of 2056, so basically when I turned 65. California has a $35 renewal every five years.

Jesus Christ it all makes so much sense now.

>1/4 mile drag race
>mall parking lot burnout
>plowing into a crowd
>parallel parking

Guessing you're a Reddit immigrant.

You must be kidding... tell me it's harder in some way than you made it sound.

My test i had to paralell park behind an "imaginary car", so it didnt really matter.

>Chinese friend at uni wants to get a US drivers license.
>says he "had a license" while in china, that he could "drive manual".
>goes to take road test
>drivers ed people wouldn't let him leave parking lot.
>later asked me why i was moving the "thing in the middle" so much.

>Require a manual license first then we automatic one a year later
That is both expensive and pointless

>making someone who can drive stick take a second test for drive auto

for what fucking purpose?

>The entire point of urban sprawl and the lack of public transportation is to keep the niggers contained and prevent them from having easy access to places humans live.
No, the entire point of urban sprawl was to make your kike overlords rich.

make the driving test harder. I'll say it once and I'll say it again, the written and driving test are brain dead easy, any tard can get a license. you only have to do it once too.

Tennessee does have a knowledge test