Why is there a war on driving?

Why is there a war on driving?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F2iRDYnzwtk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You can trace it back to jewish influences i bet.

not this time goldstein

because we've realized that humans aren't very good at maintaining focus for long periods of time especially when there are distractions nearby

Because the YOLO generation is now scared shitless of anything outside their control that could kill them. This is the first real marketable weakness they've shown.

But user, when everyone's going from a to b in the same tiny self-driving car, manufacturers will have more money to put towards building cars for us to take to the track!

r-right?

No, thats just you...the rest of us are quite able to stay focused for long periods of time...

You know what, while they are at it. Just make a robot that can carry my ass anywhere I need to go.

As a matter of fact, make it cook my dinner and feed it to me. And have a feature where it tells me that i'm the most useless piece of shit ever because I can't do things on my own.

Speak for yourself nigger, I can drive my diesel truck for 18 hours straight no problem.

This and we created a society where people with double digit IQs and as much desire to drive as a rock are forced to drive for at least an hour a day.

We've also backed ourselves into a corner where their only other option is living in the slums near their shitty blue collar jobs instead of being house-poor in the 'burbs.

What is the purpose of living when all the daily chores are taken away?

Once we don't have to do daily chores or work meaningless jobs, everyone will be able to devote themselves to whatever it is they want to be good at.

...or everyone will just end up jobless, without useful skills, poor, and leech off "free" housing while the rich elite live like gods.

its going to get to the point where everyone is forced to work during their commute

So I was thinking about autonomous cars. If a autonomous car is placed into a scenario, where it is in a position like pic related that it either has to crash into a wall and kill the driver or run over a pedestrian, how does it decide? And if it kills somebody, who is at fault and who is going the jail? The manufacturer?

I'd do the latter.
Why the fuck would I try hard and excel when I can get infinitie neetbux?

Cars are not volume efficient transportation and roads are near capacity in much of the world. The only way to get that last bit of capacity, is to automate cars.

With all the money dumped onto car safety for the passangers i'd dobut a simple wall crash would be lethal at least in your retarded example; also since there wouldn't be traffic (at least theoretically) because of AI efficiency, the cars would also be driven in relatively slow speeds, enough to slow down further to diminish damage in case of collisions like that.

Another valid answer is the car evading the wall since the car's place is within the road, so the jaywalker dies for being stupid.

>We've also backed ourselves into a corner where their only other option is living in the slums near their shitty blue collar jobs instead of being house-poor in the 'burbs
I’ve often wondered what ever happened to living relatively close to your workplace. It seems like most mid-town metropolitan areas are either out of the average wageslave’s price range or section8Tier shitholes only animals would dare dwell. Why is it that you have to own a McMansion in some bedroom community 30+ minutes away from your office to be considered successful in life?

you can (((()))) all you want but self driving cars have always been the American dream
youtube.com/watch?v=F2iRDYnzwtk

Because all thought truckers make dog shit in pay they can eventually pay zero

jews love their minivans too much, it's just big corporations intertwined with politics.
solution: abandon statism.

Women.

Commuting sucks, why would anyone want to drive a commute?

Save actual driving for when you want to.

Shitty zoning laws prohibiting combined use buildings and requiring giant parking lots because of a handful of occasions like Black Friday.

For their other flaws, mixed use town squares are one of the nice things about small towns

The less white a nation becomes the more dangerous it is to drive on public roads.

I'm happy if all the stacys who have to text while driving a 5000pound suv are removed from behind the wheel.

Stop being retarded. This is not the board politically incorrect

>tfw vehicles are coming out with self driving tech and mine doesn't even have cruise control

Land is cheaper than parking decks outside all but the densest downtown areas up or the usa.

Oh no, i cant keep my foot still!

You drive 1500 miles in two days without cruise control. It sucks.

k

i don't know how to turn mine on

America has never been safe to drive on public roads, makes sense.

>tfw mine doesn't even have airbags

>self-driving cars will solve all traffic, pollution, noise and cost of road infrastructure problems

Because the absolute majority of car owners find no enjoyment of driving. The car is a necessary evil to them, and if they could have what is essentially a 24/7 taxi they'd be overjoyed

Because people liked the movie Wall-e too much.

>tfw mine doesn't even have seatbelts

>autopilot is on
>pigout on burgers and soda
>fall asleep
>indian code glitches out
>wake up underwater

because humans are inefficient at driving, and dangerous

this
you can't trust a human being to be in full control of a two-ton death machine capable of propelling itself along at speeds in excess of 100mph

>mfw mine doesn't even have hydraulic brakes

>mfw mine doesn't even have an engine

>two-ton
speak for yourself, mine's barely 900kg

You know how retards on the road will speed match middle lane in left lane? Imagine that but instead its all the time and considered normal

>everyone will be able to devote themselves to whatever it is they want to be good at
Like watching Netflix and eating mac n cheese, right?

>If a autonomous car is placed into a scenario, where it is in a position like pic related that it either has to crash into a wall

the car saw the wall half a mile down the road and had plenty of time to stop, even through thick fog

if youre retarded enough to be unable to focus on driving you dont deserve a license

idk if its like this everywhere but where I live it started very rural where people lived in branches of this one street that had all the business, then a big mall got built across town and all business started building around it, killing the old businessplace and causing there to instead be one area with all the offices and jobs and another with all the housing, causing actual standstill traffic for hours a day because everyone needs to travel to the exact same place at the exact same time

most accidents are caused by distracted driving, so feel free to go out and fix that and revoke everyones licenses who dares to even turn on the radio

gladly if theyre shit enough drivers they cant turn a dial without crashing

oh no, it's anyone that turns the dial to begin with

No it doesn't. As a matter of fact, the more you drive the less you should be using cruise control

during ww2 nigs took the jobs in the city and when the whites got back they moved to the suburbs

no. I will never stop using cruise control. after driving a fair number of cars and bikes that don't have it, I will use it any chance I get.

>not knowing racing is being attacked even harder than basic shitboxes

Good. Get nice and comfy, nod off at 70 mph, and crash your shit. Less idiots in the world.

mine doesn't even exist

I don't drive when I'm tired. and if I do get tired whilst driving i'll pull in somewhere and have a break, like any reasonable person would.
you are actually fucking retarded.

That just sounds like a gf

i'd fuck a car

im all for replacing shit driving by shitty drivers with automation, especially for women and soys who hate driving anyway. As long as they don't force the rest of us to give up manual control. Eventually I think it will go the way of manual transmission and will get phased out by newer cars only available in self-driving mode but by then we'll all be dead or too senile to drive anyway

>t-thanks for picking me up from the dealership user, all the cars made fun of me
>i love you user~~~
>w-why is your penis in my exhaust

I think the youtuber savagegeese put it best, there is a market for giving you that time back to browse the internet and show you advertisements. For example, if the average person has a 30min - 1hr commute that's time that they can be spending buying shit or consuming content. Additionally, if cars start to offer their own access to the internet then the manufacturer can control what type of advertisements you see which in turn gives advertisement companies massive intensives to pay them to show off ads for whatever.

younger generation is easily manipulated into doing less for themselves. driving is scary and requires training, so why drive when you can summon a self-driving uber on your phone? same trend is visible for things like cooking as well - there are tons of articles about millennials eating out way more. why spend time learning how to cook or time preparing your own meals when you can stop by a fast food restaurant and have a meal in minutes? fast food and now self-driving cars are marketed as easy, time-saving alternatives to learning how to do things yourself and millennials eat that shit up.

Because ugly McMansions are the most comfy-per-dollar housing you can get in Burgerclapistan

>it's a fucking Gol
If you're going to put your chorizo in a car, put it in something better, not in a cheap ugly shitbox

Millenials are lazy pieces of shit who can't plan two days ahead. Buy pre cooked nitrate free chicken breast strips in bulk at Costco. Throw a handful in a bowl, add butter, seasonings and microwave and you have a satiating high protein meal in less than 3 minutes. I've already eaten this before you got to taco bell. I pay less per meal, its preservative free and it was more effortless than getting my wallet out at a drive through and waiting for taco bell employee to notice I'm at the drive through.

T. Millennial

Speak for yourselves, good lord.

I am also a millennial who shops at Costco. Instead I buy that garlic chicken frozen skillet bag and combine it with Costcos stir fry veggie bag for amazing stir fry that's cheap as shit, sometimes rice too. Also youre a faggot

>save billions by rebadging other companies cars
>throw all of it into R&D garbage pit

>microwave
dear lord learn how to cook
t.fucking millenial

Yeah, cause most people are shit drivers and we finally have the technology to make them not be a danger to others

Too many stupid people these days (totally not related to multiculturalism btw). They can't be trusted to drive themselves and not kill people.

That sounds pretty good

>put on clothes
>walk outside hoping it’s atleast decent weather
>have to fish keys out of pocket to start up vehicle
>use money on gas and drive on roads full of retarded people for miles until the nearest Costco
>spend a minute or two looking for a good spot
>finally get into Costco have to find a cart or basket
>walk around endless isles trying to find precooked chicken
>finally find it, now take a few more minutes to find butter and whatever else goes with it
>finally done, have to go back up to the front where i came from and sit in like for 3 hours
>the retard at the counter gives me the wrong change back because she can’t count
>have to walk Through the parking lot down several rows until i find my car, only to use my gas on the hazardous roads filled with dopey women and old people
>get home have to walk all the way to the door put my groceries down to get my keys out to unlock the door
All this effort for precooked microwaved Costco chicken?
There’s this thing called delivery and it’s amazing. I hear you don’t even really need to tip the driver too

People suck at driving.

Invent cars that drive themselves.

People no longer suck at driving because they don't have too.

No, you just engage the "I'm too lazy to drive" mode like a retard.

>stop liking and thinking things that I don't

Whether it is Jews or not, they're right its greedy motherfuckers whom are pushing this tech, regardless if it proves safer than an average human driver.

Or public opinion has just changed and people are more geared towards "hurr safety>driving experience" making companies fulfill their demands? It's not always sweaty little people controlling things behind the scenes through their secret meetings, it's purely capitalism.

>take to the track!
This sentence will have no meaning a few years from now

Because its easier to take away freedom and pocket the difference with good old corruption instead of relying on building and maintaining the infrastructure to transport more people

Your shitbox doesn't get above 100mph though

Librul snobbism

If you remove the yearly controlling of IQ back to 100 being the mean, American IQ is higher now than it has been at any point in history.