What would you have done differently?

What would you have done differently?

Other urls found in this thread:

roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a18750818/the-lotus-evora-sport-410-is-the-true-successor-to-the-original-nsx/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Made it good.

ditch the hybrid and fire the designer

> MRSP of $180K for a fucking Honda

Wouldn’t have done that. That’s for sure.

That's already been done, please select something else.

It starts at 150k

That’s still about $70K too much.

>autotragic
>pigfat
>hybrid
>overstyled
>>good

wew, almost had me

I would have canceled it and brought back a new and improved Element.

Ditch the hybrid crap which would hopefully cut out 600 lbs and $50000.

Auto > manual
Weight = downforce = traction without large aero bits
Hybrid = AWD and added fuel economy
Styling = entirely based on function and wind tunnel testing

Seems like these are all good things.

I think its too expensive for what it is.

>weight = downforce
You mouthbreathing physics illiterate fuck

So what exactly do you think the GTR and Camaro did? what do you think the 911 does by having more weight press down on the rear wheels?

>auto is better than manual because it's faster
>also i never plan to drive in any situation where auto is better than manual

>instead of designing proper lightweight aerodynamic pieces we'll just make it the weight of 4 americans and hope it sticks to the ground
>also im a fucking retard with no comprehension of proper aerodynamics and downforce

>r/c cars work good when they're 1/10th scale, they should work the same in this performance car amirite!

>lets make it look like a disabled transformer for keks

you might actually be dumber than the people who designed this piece of shit in the first place

>traction without large aero bits
>So what exactly do you think the GTR and Camaro did?

The best possible manual is better than the best possible auto, with superior or equal shift times, less weight, and lesser drivetrain losses. However, it's a computer controlled sequential transmission and Veeky Forums doesn't call it a manual unless it's literally a stick popping up out of the gearbox that moves in all four directions. The reason for it not being a stick - improperly timed shifts would destroy it almost instantly. If honda made the NSX with such a transmission, Veeky Forums would still bitch because you can't LARP as dagumi without fondling a rod and heel toeing for 4th to 2nd.

Weight = need more power to achieve the same acceleration. Weight is never better in cars unless you're adding unsprung weight for stability and a comfortable ride.

Hybrid = The lazy engineer's way of adding fuel economy, while adding weight, complexity, and future repair costs. Whatever happened to clutched superchargers, VVT/L/I, swapping fuel maps on the fly, and good old fashioned thermal efficiency?

>if honda made the NSX with such a transmission, Veeky Forums would still bitch because you can't LARP as dagumi without fondling a rod and heel toeing for 4th to 2nd.

we would
we really, really would.

>A FUCKING BUTTON
>LEARN TO SHIFT FAG
>I COULD LAP YOU IN MY STOCK MIATA XD AUTOCROSS FTW

I WOULD HAVE MADE IT IN JAPAN AND NOT MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A NICER CORVETTE FOR STARTERS MY DUDE

correct,
like traffic or accelerating.
>designing proper lightweight aerodynamic pieces
So add more expensive materials like carbon fiber which increases the price you guys are bitching about even more.
>proceeds to post a wing that is smaller than the GT2 RS and Viper ACR and Corvette ZR1 wings
yea, exactly like that,
>Hybrid = The lazy engineer's way of adding fuel economy
Nothing can match hybrids in fuel economy though, so without hybrid how exactly do you plan on doing that? make the lightest tin can possible with little to no sound insolation or ride comfort like a Geo Metro? did you also miss the part where its driving the front wheels too?

>complexity, and future repair costs
The irony is the repair cost are lower than any Mclaren and maintenance is lower than that of most front engine'd Audis.

>Weight = need more power to achieve the same acceleration
Also the Audi R8 has more power than the NSX to achieve the same 0-60 time or about 0.1 faster.

top part is meant for

>>proceeds to post a wing that is smaller than the GT2 RS and Viper ACR and Corvette ZR1 wings
>yea, exactly like that,
The wing doesn't have to be big to generate necessary downforce, too much and you'll increase drag and reduce acceleration instead of increasing it.

Made the Honda version of the LFA:
>big price tag
>all carbon fiber
>high strung v10 that revs to the stratosphere
>light weight
>advanced aero
>hand built

My point was that the wing you posted isn't as large as lightweight cars like the 911, Vette and Viper because its weight makes up for what it lacks in aero. granted the lightest possible weight with the most amount of aero is the right combination for going as fast as possible but since not everyone likes track cars or race cars that can't always be the case and leads to impracticality.

a trim with just the engine and a manual box

I would have put it at a price point competitive with the GTR instead of the Huracan

Even the original NSX wasn't on price point with the skyline GTRs

This.

Popup. Fucking. Headlights.

Don't call it the NSX, manual option, not hybrid, better interior, lower price

RWD
NA
Manual option
Half msrp
Lighter
No hybrid bs
Pop up headlights/tail lights

easy, should have released this instead

What in the ching chong nip nong is this?

Less autistic looking front bumper, less agressive styling. Pop up headlights if possible. Less overpriced luxury crap keeping its cost up.

AWD hybrids offer the best performance using current tech and are more convenant for daily driving. That's what the original NSX was about, using the best of current technology to make a more affordable everyday exotic car. Autists wanting it to be a modern MR2 dont get the point of the car

their racecar

manual
no hybrid shit
not designed by a fucking woman
not designed in amerifat land by a bunch of retarded mutts
get pininfarina to design it like the legendary, beautiful original
get a legendary f1 driver to test and tweak it
increase steering and driving feel rather than make it feel like driving a video game
100k dollarydoos or less

in other words: re-release slower shit for boomers.

roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a18750818/the-lotus-evora-sport-410-is-the-true-successor-to-the-original-nsx/

interestingly enough the Lotus Evora could be seen as the "true" successor to the original NSX for people who thought it should've remained a lightweight manual car and what's also ironic is Honda sold more NSXs in europe last year (with a waiting list for more) than Lotus sold Evoras despite them being much cheaper and supposedly everything Veeky Forums wants in a flagship.

FR NSX

I would have got McLaren to overnight some shit from Woking in return to taking Honda's shitty engines

It's because it's a front heavy sack of dicks so it would need a splitter the size of a small country to balance out a big wing.

Make a bigger deal of its torque vectoring so kids don't shout "lol take the hybrid out" everywhere. Not everything has to be muh pure driving eggsperience, some things are made to move progress forward, and this is one of them.

I'd have made this

low displacement v8 with a 10k redline

1000lbs lighter

more cup holders

You'd have made a car that sells less than the current NSX does?

Rich people want rich looking cars like the NSX.
The sort of people that want an evora can't afford one or they don't know about them and get a porsche

>Weight = downforce = traction without large aero bits
thanks for the many keks

Give it more power it's kinda disappointing since other competitors don't have hybrid power yet have more hp also would redesign the front end

Partner up with GM and put a real engine in it. Lose the hybrid shit.

>sales figures are a valid measurement of a car's worth

>Senna tards go on and on about why "no one" bought the new nsx
>wah it isn't like the original and if it was down to a T it would sell

you're the only one bringing up sales figures faggot

That's what the GTR is so why the keks again?

because that claim is utterly retarded

And your argument for that would be?

>there was an entire thread hours ago about what Honda could've done to make the NSX sale better
>"""""""""you're the only one bringing up sales""""""
You shitt'n me?

while I'm waiting for an argument from your side you mean?

let me explain
contrary to downforce...
... weight is there all the time, i.e when accelerating from any speed, your weight will drag you down
... weight will increase momentum

thus, since there are differences between the way weight and downforce influence a car behaviour, they can't be the same thing
do you get it now?

>>your weight will drag you down
>>your weight will increase momentum

>weight is there all the time i.e when accelerating from any speed, your weight will drag you down
That's what makes it good for low-speed cornering vs cars like the vette that would struggle when downforce (and then grip) is lost.
>they can't be the same thing
That wasn't what was being said, weight acts as a downward force on the tires pushing them against the ground much like an aerokit so traction is there even when airflow can't provide it due to low speed.

this car wouldve been a hit if it were in the 70 to 100k range, so that rich 30-something profressionals making $250k+ a year who have a hard-on for 90's Japanese nostalgia could finally have their NSX. At 150k they're pricing it towards a much older crowd who don't give a shit about NSX's, GTR's, or Supras

>slower
kys, the R8 and 911s are faster despite following that exact same formula and not having hybrid bullshit
>boomers
>implying boomers drive the original NSX

you're the ONLY one autistic enough to track this argument between threads you faggot hahahaa
don't even know or care which thread you're talking about

>implying boomers drive the original nsx
Pretty sure Rowan Atkinson has one

>race car
>ride comfort

fuck out of here gramps

>make the lightest tin can possible with little to no sound insolation or ride comfort like a Geo Metro?

It's a sportscar so yes

Stop encouraging companies to make sport barges

BASED bean

Make it cheaper.
Remove all the bullshit hybrid car.

I personally like the way it looks.

i would have made the japanese design + engineer it.

letting the fat dumb tasteless americunts near it fucked it completely.

Not 4wd, not hybrid, lighter, naturally aspirated, more track oriented r version releasing 1 year after.

Literally copy the 720S and Cayman. TTV8, Carbon chassis, DCT, done. Add the trunk of the Cayman and you're golden. Price the thing at 100K.

Why would anyone get one over a 911, the gtr, or even the Lexus rc?

>Weight = downforce = traction without large aero bits

Absolute dumbfuckery

More mass = more inertia in corners which means more loading on the tires which means fewer lateral Gs that can be experienced compared to a lighter car with the same size tires.

>the R8 and 911
>that exact same formula
The current R8 is Auto-only and weighs almost as much as the NSX despite no hybrid stuff and the 911 has a chassis/engine configuration that Honda has never made in their history as a company and non are 100k or less. the car that exist fitting your description that Honda could've made is the Lotus Evora and its slower and sales worse.

Nothing. It's already perfect

did you miss the part where you have to accelerate out of said corner and needing to put the power down to do so? because that's why the lighter vette needs wider tires than the heavier Camaro.

>did you miss the part where...

No, because that wasn't the point I was making idiot.

So you weren't making a point against something i was actually arguing (which you could've saw by reading through the thread) and you replied anyway?

Lol ok then

>That's what makes it good for low-speed cornering vs cars like the vette that would struggle when downforce (and then grip) is lost.
Wrong. Increased mass will always work against mechanical grip in cornering because it requires more friction force from the tires to maintain a turning radius of the same size as a car with less mass.

>That wasn't what was being said, weight acts as a downward force on the tires pushing them against the ground much like an aerokit so traction is there even when airflow can't provide it due to low speed.
The 4wd will affect this far more than the mass will. Additionally the mass will still cause the car to accelerate more slowly versus a lighter car that still maintains rear traction (C7 in 2nd and 3rd gear pulls will still not break traction if the tires are warm).

Not have a w*man in charge of design

>Increased mass will always work against mechanical grip in cornering
Low speed cornering requires more acceleration to get back up to speed which is what i'm referring to.
>mass will still cause the car to accelerate more slowly versus a lighter car that still maintains rear traction (C7 in 2nd and 3rd gear pulls will still not break traction if the tires are warm)
The Vette can barely maintain traction out of corners and that's the issue. it accomplishes this by using wider and better tires that warm faster than what you'd find on the equivalent Camaro.

>it accomplishes this by using wider and better tires
Yes and accomplishes is the key word here.

by using this one simple trick the corvette avoids:

-Longer braking distances
-Having to trail brake
-Lower lateral Gs at apex
-Lower exit velocity
-Slower acceleration due to greater mass

when it's compared to a heavy 4wd car. Case in point is the rwd Z06 compared to the heavy 4wd NISMO R-35. Note the figure 8 skidpad times.

Some manufacturers don't want to use that trick though and it does have a trade-off like more expensive tires and more frequent tire replacements.

>it does have a trade-off like more expensive tires and more frequent tire replacements.

>Buy a £150k (more like 200k second hand now) sports car that is only about as capable as a £90k Z06 because you don't want to have to pay chump change for "expensive tires".

The irony is that the 4wd is going to cause really excessive wear on the front tires and so you'll probably have to change them more often than you would on the Z06.

The 4WD on the NSX can be disconnected at the push of a button and for normal street driving its tires are going to hold up longer than driving track tires on the street. the car was meant to be a combination of confidence inspiring track driving and livable street driving. even with the corvette;s tires it won't be as easy to drive as the NSX on the track which is less twitchy and snappy and chances are if two non-skilled chumps faced off the NSX driver would be fighting with his car less.