HI Veeky Forums

HI Veeky Forums.

I recently got a new job contract and my new employer is offering me a 750$/month budget to lease a car I'll drive for work. I have a pretty good understanding of the average car market, but know close to nothing regarding luxury cars.

I really like BMW, Lexus and Infiniti designs. Any thoughts and suggestions about what I should get? I'm really open to anything. Pic related, it's an infiniti redsport.

additional info: I want a 4 year lease at maximum and need at least 15k miles per year coverage.

get a used miata and turbocharge it

fuck off retard

Get a used BRZ and Supercharge it

>used car
>lease
pick one

Do you have to carry clients?
Do you have to drive long distances?
Do you value comfort or sportiness more?

Nobody can give you any recommendations dude if you don't give details about what you need.

Did you read the OP?
>I really like BMW, Lexus and Infiniti designs
>I'm really open to anything

well I don't mind giving more details. I'll not carry clients arround. Basicaly I'll be a territory manager for a pharma company. I'll spend a lot of time in the car and may need to sometimes do long distances of several hours. I highly value sportiness but still want to be able to walk when I get out of the car. So at least average on the confort side.

i have no real recommendation for you but those new infiniti designs are red hot.

Lexus IS200t

Get a lexus. Comfy well built machines.

Alright no problem. Yeah infiniti really surprised me desu. I saw one in person and didn't expect the design to be that hot.

You can actually lease used cars, but its relatively rare

Lease a hellcat for $600 a month

Land Rover Disco sport.

2nd for Lexus.

Infiniti's new stuff are really a let down to drive, so might as well get the better interior and more comfort. Find a Lexus GS lease! Great cars.

Or, if you want more sport. Get a 440i with the turbos or whatever they call them now.

my personal favorite is the q70 hybrid with the 350z engine (3.5L VQ35HR). sneak around town like a silent assassin then kick it on the highway with a roar.

heard the black S is going into production too, excited about it.

If it's a lease on your employer's dime, just get an M240i or a 440i.

I'd probably go with a Lexus if I wanted to keep it post-warranty, but fuck, if it's a lease and I'm not even paying for it, might as well have some fun.

One of these, you won't be needing that much sporty-ness because it sounds like you are just going to be using it as a DD and never tracking it. This is mega-comfy and can merge onto highways plenty fast.

THAT'S exaxtly what is my line of thoughs. I want a 4 years lease so FUCK it. And yes I don't expect to keep the car after that. Oh and, would a M3 make a big difference in space if I'm pretty tall? Or it's not really noticable vs m2
Is pic related the one you're talking about? Seems dope af I think I'll go try it at the dealer.
isn't wayy out of my budget?

What does your boss drive? Get a trim lower.

Damn you're probably right. I still only met him a couple times at the airport so I'm not sure what he drives. IT's still pretty early eh.

>Oh and, would a M3 make a big difference in space if I'm pretty tall? Or it's not really noticable vs m2
I wouldn't daily a true M car. They're a bit too much car to really enjoy yourself on public roads, and the M3 isn't even within your budget. M2 might be, but they don't come with adaptive suspension so they're not a comfy daily.

As far as space goes, the 2 series is pretty small but not a problem for taller people really . More of an issue for fat people. The 3 and 4 series are roomy.

Op: can you please tell me what I like? Just go test drive some models dude.

Really good to know, thanks user. I'll 100% test drive the M2 then. I'm far from fat but I have large shoulders and I'm tall. I'll see if it's too small then. Also I can't find where to check for payments on the bmw site. Do they only tell the total price of the car?

What do you drive now? Can you take the money and not get a car? Can you tell them to put it into your 401k or something?

Just look at what other people at the same level as you drive and pick that.

I don't know how taxes work in the US, but in Canada, ideally you would use the car for business purposes for more than 50%. If it's for less than 50%, you really get dinged by what's known as the "stand-by charge" in how it affects your taxable benefits. Maybe consider this first.

I drive an old shitbox at the moment. I really doubt I can cash the difference. Do you have an cheaper car in mind? I'll need to wait for paperwork to know the details, I only know that I'm hired and that the car NEED to be leased.
Cmon dude, that'S what I'm doing with anons suggestions: going to test them.
That's exactly that. and yeah I'll be taxed on my personal use. I'm not sure I care though, I'll pay like 200$ per month in taxes for a 800$ lease.

Touring cars are generally bigger and fatter than other models because comfort is king when you spend hours driving it. I wouldn't immediately consider a m2 something I would love to drive down the highway for hours, but I've never thought smol cars were comfortable. I would consider something like a 5 series, a 4 door sedan, to live in essentially. M2 might be fun in the corners, but do you really want to feel everything in the road all day? Long wheelbases soak up bumps better.

In the U.S., it's strictly prorated by mileage. If 4,000 miles of 20,000 for the year is business, you can deduct EITHER
a. 20% (4k/20k) of auto expenses
b. standard mileage rate (2018: 54.5 cents) * 4,000 business-use miles

Uncle Sam doesn't take kindly to mileage estimates, which is why OP should keep autism-level records of every trip he makes IF his auto expenses are UNREIMBURSED, and he wants to claim these expenses as itemized deductions on his tax returns

Is maintenance covered too? If so lease the most unreliable and fastest depreciating thing you can afford, Like a Mercedes, BMW or Audi.

Typically it's covered as part of the lease agreement.

>Mercedes, BMW or Audi.
better hurry up before daddy D goes full bonkers

Damn. It's so true. It's really not eazy to find a good compromise between power and confort then.. If what you say is true about the m2 then I'll forget it. Is the problem recurrent with the whole m serie or a m3/m4 is way better on the road?

Lease a volvo s90.

just forget about the m series.

Don't expect comfort from a M car.
Go for a 440i if you want a BMW.

If you want comfy and sporty id say:
Jaguar xf/xj
infiniti q70 (v8 available) or hybrid as mentioned above
Maybe c43 sedan/coupe

Should be within budget and not too stiff for a daily

to be more precise, the 750$ budget is for the lease but it must includes everything like taxes. My trip expenses are reimbursed too, I just need to justify them and keep bills. Even inssurance is paid. I'll not be taxed on these, just on my personnal use of the car.

Why not see what the boss drives and get the same brand? Lower tier model obviously. Then, when he sees that you guys drive the same brand, he will sub-consciously categorize you as being part of his "tribe". Gives an in for networking and you guys can chat about whatever cars you drive possibly.

Damn guys thanks a lot. I'm screen capping this thread. I'll go try them for sure. I'll listen to you guys for confort.

Not OP but looking in a similar category.
Looking for a comfy but sporty, either RWD or rear-biased AWD, sedan to daily, no more than 5 or 6 years old, with a budget of $35k or so, but willing to bump a little higher if it's brand new.
I'm also onna mountain so I'd prefer forced induction because muh thin air choking NA, but it's not necessary.

Which of these would you pick?
>335i or 435i GC
>Q50 with the 3.0L turbo 6
>gamble on Stinger/G70
>SS
>XF or XE

I know it seems dumb just that kind of tip helps me a lot. Gonna ask him directly.

So do you want luxury or sporty? I'd probably get a 5 series if I wanted luxury and it was just for commuting.

No, go for the GS350 gas, RWD or AWD F-sport trim. that's the only one you want. Preferably Black on red interior for maximum comfy

Acura

supercharged jag xf, e550

of the GSF, if you can afford the lease

The V6 or the V8?
My main worry with a Jag is that I hear they're an even bigger money pit than any of the others I listed, both on cost and frequency of maintenance.

The M240i isn't an M car, it just fits between the base 4 cylinder model and the M2. The M designation is just because they use some M division parts. Otherwise, it's got the same straight 6 as the 440i.

Both the 2 and 4 can do comfy and sporty -, the 2 series just leans towards sportier. Test drive both if you're still thinking about a BMW.

buy one from carmax and get the warranty if you're worried

definirely v8.

2018 Subaru sti

The dealer calls them preowned and no.

Accord. It's a nice car, comfortable, drives great, not to fancy so as to put people off.

How well do they hold their value?
The Carmax warranty thing seems pretty good, but if it's a money pit then I might want to swap it for something else once the warranty goes.

Jags don't hold their value at all.

Five $3k Civics, financed from a shitty dealership in a bad part of town.

get a used civic and simple mods charge it

Why not a truck? You can get a 2x4 luxury truck for less than 600$/month with 15K miles per year at any of the big three.

They don't hold their value well. Why does it matter? Just drive it and enjoy it and keep it forever.

>Why not a truck?
trucks suck you fucking redneck

Why not a V6 F-pace at that point? Also, I'd consider a T8 S90.

They suck at being a car. Meanwhile, they're comfy, they can haul clients around in comfort for five, they have heated and cooled seats, leg room in spades.

In my country they're also cut in taxes, which means a loaded Ram 1500 Sport costs about as much as a BMW 320 diesel, but the Ram is cheaper to run (because LPG and road tax cuts). If you're trying to find a more luxurious vehicle within a 40-45K USD budget, look no further than a luxury truck that'll never leave the pavement.

>Basicaly I'll be a territory manager for a pharma company.
Volvo V60 T8.

Get a VW Golf GTI, pocket the rest of the budget.

C43 sedan/coupe is good. However you should never drive a nicer car than your boss (at least not to work)

>LPG
Only absolute shithole countries even offer this in the first place. If you have to fuel your car with anything not diesel or standard gasoline, you live in a fucking shithole

If the employer is willing to pay that much for a company car they sure as fuck don't want their employees rolling up in a fucking $20k boyracer mobile.

You're just buttmad at a cheap renewable fuel that has a higher octane than you'll ever get at the pump in gasoline form.

>have

We have the freedom to choose between 5 types of petrol, 2 types of diesel and LPG.

Only shitholes only offer diesel or standard gasoline.

What are the two types of diesel?

Propane is not renewable nor is it energy dense. We have/had propane powered vehicles and they're gutless pigs. And you can't park underground.

It's probably just like Shell and their V Power diesel.

Normal and premium/clean

That's not telling me much.

That's just the option, but it's like another user said, Shell has normal and V-power diesel, other fuel stations have their versions of that.

So it's just additives? We have off road diesel, but it's just a different tax rate.

We also have truck/farming diesel, but I don't include those as an option.

>Propane is not renewable
But it is. Go look it up, it involves modifying E.coli bacteria to produce it.
>nor is it energy dense
You don't need it to be energy dense because it has a much higher octane and it has a different stoic ratio. Doesn't matter anyways, cost per mile is much lower.

>We have/had propane powered vehicles and they're gutless pigs.
Old, badly adjusted ones? Sure.
Modern ECU-controlled ones with multiple (direct) injectors? Hell no.
Especially on turbo cars, LPG makes for low intake temperatures. It's kinda like E85 (but without the cost per mile) in that you're throwing more, less energy dense, fuel into an engine which cools the intake charge more. LPG especially instantly goes from liquid to gas at normal intake termperatures which ''steals'' heat from the intake air - I've seen examples where you can freeze an intake manifold on n/a engines.

>And you can't park underground.
t. lives in a shithole

There's no real difference anyway, just color(colour.)

Like 0.01% of the worlds propane is produced by bacteria. The rest comes out of the same dirty hole in the ground.

Lots of modern school buses run on propane and they're pigs. Cummins makes gas engines for larger vehicles and they're pigs too. The fact that you need to heat up the fuel and shit isn't helping the argument.

civic type r faggot lol

>The rest comes out of the same dirty hole in the ground.
Because it's cheaper, duh. Same way the gasoline is cheaper than E85 if you take away the corn subsidies in the US - untill gasoline and natural propane run out.

>Lots of modern school buses run on propane and they're pigs. Cummins makes gas engines for larger vehicles and they're pigs too.
Apples to oranges: industrial engines can't be compared to passenger vehicle engines, or I'd be swapping a Wartsila into an MX-5.

>The fact that you need to heat up the fuel and shit isn't helping the argument.
You've clearly never worked on a modern LPG installation.

OP back here.
This, I'm pretty sure they would just pay more in salary and would not bother with paying lease otherwise. I think it's part of their branding; they WANT us to choose expensive cars. I really don't think they would appreciate me leasing a truck too.

So here is my plan that anons from this thread helped to make. I'll test drive those:
Lexus: IS 350 AWD
Lexus: GS 350 AWD
>(is it really that more confortable)
Lexus: GSF
>(this one is too expensive, I expect to have a >crazy experience. Otherwise I'll settle with >lower model)
BMW: 440i (seems to be the sweet spot)
BMW: M3
>(I'll just try it because I have always loved the >car. I'll surely listen to thread and settle with >more confort though)
Infiniti: Q50 redsport
Infiniti: Q70
>(seems too expensive?)
Jaguar: XF S AWD
>(seems badass)

I already booked bmw and lexus appointments for this week. I never drived any of those car so I'm pretty hyped. Thanks for the help and I'll monitor for other ideas.

peller and grammar checker English
First, of course, it's deductible for them. Second, they simply don't want you to leave. They will give you nice cars, free trips, nice hotels, everything. From my experience, once you have a nice position, others companies will try to steal you. Treating you well is a way of limiting this. Finally, if you are going to meet people that earns 500k+ per year, do you think the company want you to meet them in your 2005 civic? You are part of their image. Kek

wow, my spellchecker add-on fucked up...

I wouldn't rule out a truck. A clean luxury trim pickup or a Tahoe/Suburban still looks professional. What is your job anyways? Do you have to drive clients around?

Maybe on rare occasions, but that would be the exception. I will be a territory manager for a pharma company. So a couple short trips everyday and longer trips sometimes. What model would you suggest then? Could you be more specific.

My inner jew wouldn't want me to either get hamstrung by terribly expensive upkeep down the years, or have little trade-in value if ever I decide I want something else.

It's mainly because I read that upkeep for an XF was in the several thousands per year, which seems a bit much for me even if it's a nice car.

Luxury trim trucks only look professional for those in management positions in construction work.

Otherwise you just look like a twat in a needlessly large, chromed out crew cab truck that never has to tow anything or haul any materials in its bed.

this

That's fucking retarded. No car costs several thousand in repairs in a fucking year. Don't believe the memes.

fucking none of the above, get an E 63 S AMG and gtfo

That's like double the budget..

$400 oil changes aren't unheard of in the German luxury car world, even on lease vehicles.

Just get a lambo bro