youtube.com/watch?v=C907K-A9-Fc&t=1531s
youtu.be/ewnXiTJCViE
youtube.com/watch?v=aWeZTfx4lGg
youtube.com/watch?v=wk6KJXeOM0k
youtube.com/watch?v=H6n-UQsYhLA
youtube.com/watch?v=bWfL-iCsp2I
asbestosnation.org/facts/why-isnt-asbestos-banned-in-the-united-states/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wittenoom,_Western_Australia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riebeckite#Crocidolite_(fibrous_riebeckite)
youtube.com/watch?v=_S1KOiTVCjg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why can't Europoors spell "concerned?"

>50km range

its a bit more than that, you don't need to make up bullshit to prove that the americunts have nfi how to 4x4.

they can barely drive on the road, let alone off it.

in the us we have terrain besides sand, so our 4x4 vehicles are built to actually cross it instead of like in australia where you spend 20,000$ upgrading your truck and then have a subaru brand new off the lot riding your ass on the "trails"

>only sand in aus

moron.

most of your "trucks" are built to mall crawl.

>virgin pavement princess vs the chad workhorse

What do you aussies know about our trucks anyway?

I've seen those Toyota's snap axles like toothpicks in many Australian "off roading" videos. Half tons come with 98 liter tanks which is good for like 1000 km's of highway. Diesels usually have a 140 liter main tank and an optional auxiliary. You can always use a slip tank if you need more. No range issues M8.

Oh and crawling is for babies.
youtube.com/watch?v=0MgbtXfyK7A

the lack of "useless heated leather seats" is valid
but theres a reason one of the mos popular land cruiser mods is XR falcon seats

looks like the one in your pic was built to cruise the beach, faggot

Why does that Aussie dog catcher/animal control truck need a snorkel?

WATS THE POINT OF 4BUH4 IF YOUR SHIT CUN TRY HAZ NO WHERE TO GO BECAUSE ITS FULL OF ABBOS AND SPIDERS

CHECK M9 RTRD

Is this in aus or USA?

if one of your points is tire size, you know literally nothing about offroading. if you ever went outside you would know there is more to offroading than flat sand

In the US trucks are used more as a compensator for a lack of feeling masculine, rather than their recreational or practical purposes.

The best off-road shit we can get either falls apart like a Jeep Wrangler or is a cucked crossover. Really it's just a lack of enthusiasts, or a lack of the market responding to enthusiasts. There are pretty much roads everywhere so not much need to go off them, and even then there's paths which are a road.

Aside from cost, can you name a downside to having 37" tires as opposed to 33" tires or so?

Noise, road manners, longevity assuming they're muddies. They're great though.

There are plenty of them here desu.

>noise
Faggort

Unless its a different compound, like mudders, its got more rubber, and will last longer

Nah, bigger tyres on normal sized wheels throw tread blocks like a motherfucker, you end up with the sidewall and corner tread chopped out and then you end up with mad highway vibrations.

As much as I love landcruisers I think they're way overpriced.

It's like 90,000 dollars for a car that has a very basic interior and we have them at work and they suffer mechanical problems just like any other car with hard use.

Yeap, they've always been overpriced but in most of the world there isn't a lot of alternatives to a Troopy.

I run 35" MTs on a 17" rim, and I've beat the shit out of them on road. Legit pulling enough Gs in a corner that the truck loses traction. I can see if you crawl with them, but ehh, I only do desert and trails and usually high speed. been fine for 30,000miles

Don't get me wrong, I like them, I was just answering your original q to the best of my experience. 35's are pretty much the goto in Aus, 37's tend to be left for guys who spend more time off than on road or compete in comps etc with stuff like Trepidors

excuse me that's a japanese car...

uhh I think we have you beat

Don't forget about the heated sears

youtube.com/watch?v=ngpm8C6JURs
Meanwhile in Yuropoor, cheap as shitbox with heated seats and good gas mileage reks them both.

back up toyota and pigfat yanktruck fags, greatist 4WD off all time coming through.
all iron straight six 4.2 that nissan lifted from a forklift, hysterically overbuilt.
the best LSD and the strongest diffs by a large margin of any jap off roader
how can lesser vehicles even compete?

op's just mad that american trucks can pass inspection a 4inch lift and 40's where as australians think a 3 inch lift is fukn YUGE m8.

Why can't you handle a big girl?

m8, in Australia people use their 4wd to drive thousands of km's in true wilderness, to camp & explore.

not go to the 4wd park 10km outside the city to climb rocks for the hell of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=C907K-A9-Fc&t=1531s

Explore what? A bunch of sand and snakes and spiders and shit? Most civilized places have mountains within a couple hours.

>31in tires, 1.5in lift
>"Fuggg too tall, almost a burger mobile :DDD "

You've answered the question.

Australia has much greater areas of fuck all where if shit goes wrong you're fucked. There for a more utilitarian 4x4 ideal exists.

no fat chicks thanks

>he thinks Australia is just desert.

The whole east coast of the continent is covered in green mountain ranges.

because a limited slip differential, aggressive tires, and a calibrated right foot make any 2wd truck capable of heroics

youtu.be/ewnXiTJCViE

>implying burgers dont drive thousands of km's in wilderness to camp and explore

if you assume the show trucks at SEMA are what burgers drive all the time you'd be sadly mistaken.

alaska is the only wilderness they have.

americans are geographically illiterate as fuck, what did you expect?
pic related is NZ

>i watched that 1 episode of top gear so i know everything there is to know about burgerland

hoboi

Those are just shitty hills and grass. Mountains or nothing.

>burgers trying to pass their affinity for lardwhales on the to civilized part of the world
no thanks

You know something like a Geo is a superior climber to any fullsize simply because of rampover and approach/departure.

You know a dirt bike is 10x faster, more capable and more fun? Big trucks are fine off road. If they're too big then you use a side by side or a dirt bike/quad.

I do but the discussion wasn't around bikes was it.
>Big trucks are fine off road
Aye but they're shit climbers, which according to your previous post is all that matters.

The average north american stock mall crawler would easily handle anything Australia has to offer.

Heh, I spose that's why there's so many Wranglers getting about in Aus, given that they're cheaper than the Jap stuff and so capable.

>The average north american stock mall crawler would easily handle anything Australia has to offer.
>conjectures... conjectures everywhere

Well a fucking wrangler is probably $200k in that shithole. They're also not even that capable unless you replace the entire powertrain.

>They're also not even that capable unless you replace the entire powertrain.
Thankyou for making my point for me

Please, user. My truck and I can handle the biggest girls.

All along the roadside I imagine.

Dunno. Looks like these guys spend more time fixing their Toyota's than driving them.

youtube.com/watch?v=aWeZTfx4lGg

its not 20,000$ its.
$20,000 you dumbassed yank or should i say septic tank.

lol p platers and cunts in brand new jeeps.

they don't know what they're doing

Those ausbong build trucks are retardedly heavy in the rear and perform poorly because of weight balance.

Why can't Americans spell Australian?

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

Or aluminium

>Because you can do a week or two without visiting civilisation without carrying shit with you.

>Half tons come with 98 liter tanks which is good for like 1000 km's of highway
You must have the most frugal half ton I've never seen before... Unless it's an Ecodiesel 1500.

>what is wet season

but he's correct

americunts seem to think they're the only ones that have more than 1 climate for their country.

Both countries have retards in them you stupid fucking derro, both have good offroaders that have fun with it, it's western Europoors that generally have no idea what the fuck they're doing when it comes to offroading. Stop trying to create tension between the 'nam bros4lyf.

>Australian offroading
youtube.com/watch?v=wk6KJXeOM0k
>American offroading
youtube.com/watch?v=H6n-UQsYhLA
>British offroading
youtube.com/watch?v=bWfL-iCsp2I
>>
personally I'd prefer to take my chances with Indigenous folk and spiders than a retard pubescent with no friends and a firearm.

protip never listen to anyone who gives advice on the reliability of a certain vehicle. 10 times out of 10 they wrong and retarded

Bahahahaaaaaa

Look at all those fatties!

Im amazed they could put down the hamburgers long enough to have a photo taken of them.

>diesel engine
Don't you bogans have enough of a lung cancer risk with all that asbestos?

You have it the wrong way around there Yankeedoodle;
>Many Americans mistakenly believe that asbestos was banned decades ago. Tragically, that is not the case. Although asbestos is no longer mined in the U.S. and its use has declined significantly, American industry still legally imports, uses and sells both raw asbestos and products made with it.
asbestosnation.org/facts/why-isnt-asbestos-banned-in-the-united-states/

>More than 50 nations have banned asbestos, but the U.S. still permits its citizens to be exposed to a substance known to cause illness and death in any amount. As multiple scientific and regulatory bodies assert, there is no safe level of asbestos.

Nice front page Google citation, but you and I both know that we never mined Crocidolite either.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wittenoom,_Western_Australia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riebeckite#Crocidolite_(fibrous_riebeckite)

>we dont mine it therefore its safe 2 use
epic

>Why do amerigoblins suck at 4x4?
The better question is why Australians have to rely on the Japanese to come up with their 4x4s.

>bans asbestos mining and production in mid '80s
>still permits use of asbestos products today
Doesn't matter how you try to spin it, I know which scenario I'd prefer.

Americans don't bless the Aussies with their trucks?

Crocidolite was rarely used in America if at all, as we had access to Chrysotile mines here and in Canada. Congrats on speading the most deadly variant of asbestos through your derelict shithole.

Hey, at least you fucked over Nigel pretty good.

and? at least we've stopped using asbestos.

but toyota uses australia to test their land cruiser. so in reality, they rely on us.

woops meant to quote

We demand more asbestos!

Have you stopped putting in additives in your petrol to keep your citizens from huffing it? Do they sell Jeep there?

they only use that in dero shitholes iirc. nowhere relevant.
and of course they sell jeeps here.

>Half tons come with 98 liter tanks which is good for like 1000 km's of highway.

You are claiming 26mpg highway on your average half ton? Mine gets 17 at best.

But why are we talking about highway driving? Offroad I get 4-6 mpg

It's amazing how bad your fuel economy gets offroad, I find it's best not to look.

You haven't lived until you've off roaded a full size behemoth

You are retarded, asbestos is fine as long at it is in non-friable form, which it is in everything it goes in in the US.

Never mind when it comes time for demo, because you insist on building your cheap houses out of 8' lengths of matchstick grade pine.

Asbestos that become friable during demo isn't legal in the US.

Yep, sure thing Michael Dourson

>considerably weighty utility vehicle
>with a fucking petrol engine

Get off of my ugandan basket weaving forum faggot

Same reason as sports cars.
For sports cars they think straight line speed is everything whereas its often the least important aspect of circuit racing.
And at 4x4 burgerfats think parking on grass is extreme offroad where in europe it is easily done better with a civic.

kek
youtube.com/watch?v=_S1KOiTVCjg