Drop car off for service at dealership

>drop car off for service at dealership
>pick up car latter in the day
>get in car
>smells like weed and cigarettes
>30 extra miles on odometer
>enormous scratch on wheel
>bring these issues up to service manager
>he denies the scratch was caused by the service techs, says they are required to test drives all vehicles after any work is done, tells me he would investigate the cause of the odor and get back to me in a few days
>a week passes, no phone call
>make repeated calls back, keep getting told by the receptionist that he's out of the office every time
>literally seething with rage

what can I do at this point? Should I take them to small claims court?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fLVlbz6_RHM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

sue them

>>drop car off for service at dealership

You fucked up.

You're screwed, there is basically no recourse in something that's a He said-/-He said situation.

Learn to do your own basic service.

Burn down the dealership.

sue them, and try get the local news to report about it.
make a huge sob story about it

after all is said and done go to a trusted local mechanic who actually cares about you

I had to take it in for scheduled servicing to avoid voiding my warranty.

what the fuck was I supposed to do

>warranty

This is a reminder to ALWAYS take a pic of your odo if you ever have to drop your car off at a shop

He might have been taking advantage of a warranty to get the work done for free before it expires

Go on....

does is have to be with the dealership?
plan on buying a new car in the future but i only trust my family mechanic to service my vehicles?

Dam son, what dealership? Also always keep the dashcam running
youtu.be/fLVlbz6_RHM

No, they just have to be a certified mechanic.

Holy shit I'd be pissed. Last car I had covered by warranty you couldn't even take it over 100mph or it would void the warranty (apparently this information is stored in the ECU, but who knows). If I got denied a warranty engine because some fuckboi took my shit out on a joy ride I'd shoot up the whole dealership

Shit like this is why I only take my car to the dealership my dad has been going to for 20 years. Im on first name basis with the service manager and if some shit like this happened he knows he's be losing both mine and my dads buisiness which would cost him thousands per year.

mechanics are fucking thugs and gypsies desu

Fucking do your own service. Keep your receipts, update your log in your maintenance manual and on mycarfax.com. Take pics during service with timestamp. Make it impossible to deny a warranty item due to lack of service.

Unless you own a Chrysler this should be common knowledge. You fucked up OP.

>Last car I had covered by warranty you couldn't even take it over 100mph or it would void the warranty
what the fuck car was that?

Talk to the actual president of the dealership.

Good luck, when I worked at a dealership our was never there, only showed up to yell at sales for not selling enough cars.

kek

Well if you get your car back from someone that worked on it and it smelled like weed after, you call the cops. Guaranteed you would have gotten justice, it's too late now so don't even bother. Just let it go, nothing you can do anymore

this is why i have a bmw. shit like this gets taken care of asap. not like those assholes at ford, chevy, kia, etc. that will just laugh and smoke in your car right in front of you.

>audi owner butthurt that his car was being driven
>audi owner not butthurt about the cost of basic maintenance
german money pits

sounds like Chad serviced your vehicle.

Service manager (kiafag) here, it is not too late to raise hell.

You won't get this on the on Court tv and prove it because you're a faggot.

does aforementioned warranty cover damage to the vehicle such as a giant scratch in a hitherto unaforementioned wheel

>Take car into dealership for recall repairs
>Get car back
>Gear selector light no longer lights up

Also, I have the suspicion that the vibration and wear on my differential were caused by a bolt left loose by the dealership when they were working on it.

Here's what worked for me OP.
Post a bad review everywhere you can. Yelp, Google maps, Facebook, everything. I did this and the manager called me and begged me to tell them what they could do for me so I would remove the review.
Don't bother dealing with the service manager

>thousands per year.
WTF do you drive?

At this point op would be wasting his time. It's not going to get him anywhere and it's far too late to prove anybody had illegal drugs in his car, it's not worth the gas to drive to the dealership to complain. He should write bad reviews everywhere like the other user suggested, that will give him an opportunity to retaliate but if it's a high volume dealership his tiny voice won't stand a chance.

Toyota Tercel

That's the problem with dealerships. That's why I don't work at them anymore after about 15 years.

They want a $30 an hour worker, basically, but are only willing to pay them about $11-$14 an hour, and constantly fuck them over on their pay, and then they're surprised that shit constantly goes wrong.

Servicing a 2015 Range Rover Sport costs me at least $1000 every year. Tires more like $2000. Oil change = $400. Great scam they have going on at the Range Rover dealership.

Unironically this.

>Servicing a 2015 Range Rover Sport costs me at least $1000 every year.
For how many miles?

well fuck you too

>proving the point

Use an independent mechanic

dashcam bro, as fuck trusting service techs,

I worked at a BMW dealership and this is accurate

service managers are usually salty old fucks who don't care, but bad reviews are handled by the marketing manager who is usually younger and hot and the other managers want to fuck her so they'll bend over backwards for her

>Also always keep the dashcam running
NOT that guy, but whenever I take the car to the Chevrolet dealer in Renton Washington, they disable the dashcam. In fact, they unplug it and leave it unplugged on my front passenger seat. It feels almost like they are taunting me.

Ever though of hardwiring your dashcam into the 12V plug and glue the USB plug onto the dashcam housing? Let's see them take it out then.

>glue it
They'd just yank it off the window suction cup mount then. Or they'd press the off switch on the camera housing. Both features cannot be disabled.

Put a hidden camera in the dash then op, they can't turn it off unless they find the switch for it & it can read your cars data through a obd port passthrough unless they pull that out to. Only thing they could do is put something over the camera if they found it anyways so meh.

If they make the extra effort to unplug your dashcam, they probably don't want you to see how half-assed they do their job.

express your concern when agreeing upon service.
Your concern is very valid but the company will not want your actions to prevent the abuse.
start by making your case in a way that it'll be an easy 'sure we're careful mr.., you can trust us.'
something like this:
You've heard of mechanics taking cars for a joyride. Even heard of mechanics damaging the car while on a joyride.
You've installed a dashcam setup that records any test drive that might be necessary. (they can be necessary off course).
Together with the information of the odo, any distance driven will be recorded and unless the drive is different than an ordinary testdrive the record will not be published.
If for some reason the dashcam installation has been tempered with it is assumed a joyride has been made and any damages are the companies responsibility.
The deskboy will agree in words for sure. When he does, get out a pen and paper and say 'let's write it down to be sure, ok?'. He'll get the manager. Begin from the start and when the manager says 'no' you keep asking the manager why the boy said ok but the manager is giving you a hard time. Finally the manager will say 'fine, i'll leave a note the dashcam can't be shut off'.
You now have sugar in your fuel tank but the cam will work.

I know where I live that sometimes mechanics will drive your car up and down this strip of highway if there's a steering or suspension issue you sent it in for.