/indie/ - Indie and Misc. Games General

Last Thread: >when you purified an entire zone but Secretaries are coming

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Darkwood, Braid, Monolith, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yhfMMP_jx-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=7x5wzmJKgyw.
youtube.com/watch?v=9Yw5jkAHgME
youtube.com/watch?v=IeM2lYV_cDA
youtube.com/watch?v=E8ZXPcG4QFc
gog.com/game/ys_seven
youtube.com/watch?v=2B0-kuK2jtk&list=PLA-Hswa1n--kzqqURTKW1g8BWK6-6jwTg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Spiders taking over /indie/ as well
Can we even stop them at this point?

Apparently not.

youtube.com/watch?v=yhfMMP_jx-Q

I swear I'm going to fucking finish that game at least once.
I feel like I have no real idea how logs work, so that stuff is making paranoid.

Darkwood anchor post

Ask your questions here lads

Bounce through an easy machine early in the path. If you can't delete the logs on the target for whatever reason, delete the logs of the bounce.
I never finished the game either. It seems to base heavily on knowing your limits at all times, which I was never good at.

Yeah, nah. I tried that with the Golbal Criminal database. Even if you delete the log of playing with the machine, thy can still trace back to you.
You need to go through InterNIC and always delete the logs with a tip top log deleter or they will find you, there's no way around it. Trust me, I tried.

I find it really fun once you get the bypassers, you can set up passwords all around the world and use them to get more time on a trace.

how do i stop being so fucking tense

Respect the woods. Relax. Focus.

you don't

Get a gun or throw molotovs.

i respect the woods so much that i didn't even play today

>

i don't have either yet since i started recently
just a nail plank

I fucking love the shotgun.

So you play Darkwood like I play Alien Isolation.

Throw knife + 2 stick hits will do just fine

>i don't have either yet since i started recently
Nights in the first hideout are pretty chill. As long as you barricade all doors except for one (put a wardrobe in front of it instead) and don't stand in front of a window/cracks in the wall nothing should come inside.

I reccomend you pick the room with the front door and open it if you hear the knocking, it's worth it early on, especially to get the wedding invitation. Not so much later.

I'm sitting on 17 pistol mags, I just sell knives to wolfman now. To buy more pistol mags.

do you play alien isolation by playing it once and being too tense to play it again despite having fun

i'm only 2 nights in so far but it sounds like i gotta do some reorganizing. i've been chilling in the room with the oven with one lamp while standing in the corner but i think the corner had a crack. i didn't think it'd be dangerous.

on my second night, someone knocked and i went to open it but a savage just slapped me in the face then left. i didn't know they could knock too.

>do you play alien isolation by playing it once and being too tense to play it again despite having fun
Last time I played it was two months ago. Everytime I start it, my hands start shaking even when I just stay on the main screen.

> i've been chilling in the room with the oven with one lamp while standing in the corner but i think the corner had a crack. i didn't think it'd be dangerous.
The enemies can see through cracks and barricaded windows just like you can- they are not guaranteed to spot you because the openings are small, but it is possible.

>on my second night, someone knocked and i went to open it but a savage just slapped me in the face then left. i didn't know they could knock too.
Yeah that happens sometimes, but usually it's someone leaving supplies at the door. You should open them in the first hideout to get the invitation.

>throw rock at savage
>he throws it back

Savages are friend

i've never played it but i'd probably react the same. i always thought the only reason horror games make me tense is because i'm afraid of a jumpscare but here comes a game made specifically for NOT having jumpscares and it turns out i'm just pussy.

thanks for the help. knowing how to play the game better might ease my anxiety.

Alien Isolation is honestly the worst (best) horror game I played.
F.E.A.R. was spooky but really fun, Doom 3 was a failure, Amnesia was just boring, but Alien is just horrible.

That sound the xenomorph makes when crawling out of a vent almost caused me PTSD.

>usually one do one day of Darkwood at a time
>today played 4 nights in a row
>can't sleep

i played F.E.A.R. a long time ago but never finished it, i think because there was a part where i had to swim and i'm terrified of water. it was fun tho, i should get it and play it again.

i'll be sure to never play Alien Isolation

Don't remember any swimming in fear.

FEAR is a very good game, and unless I remember it wrong, there aren't a lot of swimming sequences. Unless you mean it, you can't really drown.
Unlike Far Cry 3 where drowning slowly turns your screen black and then a shark arrives. Fuck that game.

There's a few here and here.

Oh yeah. youtube.com/watch?v=7x5wzmJKgyw.
Jump to 2:00 to have an accurate idea of how I react to that game.

Of course, I do it silently because I play alone, but I'm sure that if I was forced to talk while playing, I would also scream a bit.
Darkwood can be all spooky, it'll never beat Isolation.

I got absolutely gangraped by some shaman thing first night in 2nd hideout, what do I do

even if there's no threats whatsoever, just being in the water just makes me so uneasy. yet somehow i managed to get that shark relic that's just at the bottom of a deep ass hole in the water. no idea how i managed to do it but i was nervous the whole time. luckily no shark attacks.

i've never subjected myself to such torture so i'm not quite sure how i'd react but i can definitely see myself freaking out.

I can understand that. When I was a kid, I was always uneasy in water. Mostly because of youtube.com/watch?v=9Yw5jkAHgME and that fucking Tomb Raider 2 level
I got better recently, but Far Cry and its sharks terrified me. Same with the crocodiles. I always found them kinda cute, but they're ambushing little bitch, they come, grab you, and spin around, trying to drown you.

Don't try Isolation, though. Seriously, it's probably the best licensed game, it shits on Prometheus and Covenant, and is genuinely spooky.

I always hit LANs and then got detected no matter what.

>all this talk about open water
reminder to play subnautica

Still waiting for final release.

From my understanding, you're supposed to bypass all the security system, then use the various LAN Scan thingy to move from one post to another.
My understanding of it is really basic, but I did managed to pirate Andromeda's LAN system in the story, so I think I got it right anyway.

Fuck off.

i don't know why i'm so afraid of water but earliest i can remember is the fucking eel from SM64 and aquatic mine from SA2. aquatic mine isn't so bad now but fuck that eel.
also i loved finding the crocodiles while they were still hiding and just throwing rocks at em.

if i'm ever on a masochistic streak, i'll try Isolation one day.

i have the game in my library but fuuuuuuuuuuuuck that

No, I can understand being afraid of water, since my own terror is even more illogical.

I do suggest having someone near when trying Isolation, if you're alone, you'll panic. I took the habit of Alt+F4 the game whever I hear the xenomorph's footsteps coming toward me.

you know the aquatic mine never got to me, but the boss of the water dungeon in majora's mask sure as hell did

a sugar star from bad dragon and a gallon of mare cum lube

Worked like a charm. I should have figured it out myself, it reminded me of commandos games.

And again, if not the wiki, I'd have missed it altogether.
What's the point of persuasion if you're only missing stuff?

i'm too pussy to ever try playing a horror game completely alone

that shit would scar me too
clanker from banjo-kazooie is also pretty terrifying

That's why I stopped playing Isolation.
I should stop a Steam broadcast so that I feel like there's someone with me.

What makes you think you have missed anything because of persuasion?

Get used to it.

You odn't miss anything with persuasion, you actually unlock solutions and endings you wouldn't be able to get otherwise.

>clanker from banjo-kazooie is also pretty terrifying
He a gud boy, he din do nuffin

nice idea

he's a nice boy but he's fucking scary holy shit

As I said I wouldn't have known about the tunnel because I just persuaded them to free that guy.

And if you didn't take this quest you would never snoop around inside the prison? Come on, it's just waiting to be infiltrated. And you can even meet old friends like Evelyn.

You're right, but I only have 29 stealth from gear, that's way too low for stealth operations.

Missing out on a single oddity is not a big deal. You miss way more if you don't take pickpocketing for example, or have low perception. But sometimes they are just there to reward players for exploring things more thoroughly.

I have 30 pickpocket and 14 dex, it was enough so far, but these coretech guys have way too high perception, I can't steal even with +2 dex from junkyard surprise.
Should I raise the skill a bit more or there will be an opportunity to pick it from a body? I'm not hired by any oligarch yet.

Well I personally wouldn't level it for just oddities. Unless you plan to make stealing shit in general part of your strategy I wouldn't bother.

>will be an opportunity to pick it from a body?
The three oligarch factions don't really leave corpses behind. I think only Coretech members can die without your interference, and only if you do their questline.

youtube.com/watch?v=IeM2lYV_cDA

I'm worried, it looks like you can easily abuse it.

I stole a fortune already with it, no regret.

>there are still people playing Uplink

There is a gameboy game jam happening soon
I might try to find someone that could make help make something like this that actually works`

There's not enough buttons on a gameboy to even use your items properly, much less maintain the twin stick controls

About to get bogged in from the ass end of this mega-hurricane in the southern US for like four days at least, foilks.
Recommend me some shit that's both cheap and/or free and will run on a toaster.

Twin stick no but there is enough for everything else to work

D-pad = move
A button = fire
When A is pressed it fires in the direction you were facing and is locked to that until you let go so you can keep moving while firing.
B=bomb
Select = Spacebar item
Start = a menu that lets you see stats/items and lets you use your card/pill

can someone stream darkwood for me? I would watch a youtube video but its all these annoying faggots commentating

mute them

youtube.com/watch?v=E8ZXPcG4QFc
Literally less than half a minute of searching.

>Install Horny Bachelors mod for Stardew Valley someone mentioned last thread
>Catch Sam and Sebastian fucking
>Stand there to see how long they do it
>Started at like 2pm and stop at 6pm
Dat teenage stamina.

>hyper princess pitch style
I can dig it.

>all females have a red and all males have a blue umbrella
Maybe it's part of the school uniform I guess. The rain is comfy though.

>whoa, wolfman is the coolest!
>finally piece together his background
>maybe not

There's a lack of spanking in this game.

If it was an English boarding school, things would be different.

>whoa, wolfman is the coolest!
I don't know what gave you this impression, he's a cunt. He will treat you fairly if you don't try fucking him over, but he's a cunt nonetheless.

Did you find the drawings in the Church?

Why is there a dead wolf
Did the Woods resurrect the wolf?

What is Nocturne + Akira?

Nocturne : Shing Megami Nocturne.
Akira is a manga.

Download the flash game 2012 archive

Stardew Valley should do the trick.

www.vgperson.com/games

It's a dog, not a wolf. "Burek" is a very common dog name in Poland.

I told Abram about that immortal guy from Depot A, will he really confront him?

Nope, it's a fucking cocktease. He doesn't want to confront him though, they are both victims.

I thought it was him and Ezra who met long ago.

Is there even a point in spending nights in the Old Woods hideout? You can easily make expeditions out of Silent Forest and Meadows.

Any of you lads play starship theory? Looks HEAVILY influenced by rimworld, my current favorite indie title. It's EA and I'm wondering if it has enough content to justify a purchase.

That's what i'm doing. You are losing 2 hours of travel but i think it's worth it.

Oh boy, I feel like I went to the second chapter way too early on. There is no going back, is there?

You are right about one, but not the other.

Nope. Enjoy getting raped by Human Spiders in the mud.

>both Absolver and Sonic Mania are coming out tomorrow
Hyped hyped hyped hyped hyped...

>lights went out
>except for that one fucking light on the back of the building

gog.com/game/ys_seven
Ys Seven releases in a few days.
Reminder to buy on humble store or gog instead of steam. It gives the devs more money and you get a drm free version. On Humble you even get both.

>HEAVILY influenced by rimworld
Looks like FTL with shipbuilding/crafting. Mite be cool.

But damn, ever since Minecraft happened we've been getting tons and tons of these block-based building games.

Yes, FTL influences aswell. I just got major rimworld vibes from the pawn models, the way they move and also they eat the exact same way as in rimworld, by puking green liquid.

In rimworld, the main focus is on pawn management which at this point is fairly deep. I don't think characters in this game have as fleshed out personalities and reactions to events, looks like they just have stats and thats it but I dunno. The ship battles look fun though and very ftl-like. I imagine if rimworld had exploration off-planet it would look like this.

What's the title of that recent indie fps game? With simple graphics.

SUPER
HOT
?

Dusk?

What?
Thanks, that's it.

SUPER
HOT

SUPER

HOT

Have you guys encountered any nifty fan content?

youtube.com/watch?v=2B0-kuK2jtk&list=PLA-Hswa1n--kzqqURTKW1g8BWK6-6jwTg

>you will never have a qt geek gf who makes fan musicals to play vidya with