Why do I Have a Hard-on for Volvo's?

Why? How?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gXhlyVBKTHc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is this a serious question? It has classic, simple, masculine sports car lines. No modern fake styling to impress normies. Car just looks good

>Using the subject field

Maybe you subconsciously cater towards good cars.

The subconscious doesn’t exist. It was a mistake to say it exited to begin with.

How do you have dreams then retard?

>tfw you realize there's a wagon edition

Those wagons are pure sex, would rather have one instead of the coupe, that trunk door is ridiculous.

They're bretty good cars, reliable, practical, good looking and decently powerful

My dad owns a 1972 p1800es, thing is pretty fucking cool.

Too bad he hit a deer with it a long time ago and now it's sat for 20 years

fix it nigger its what you were born to do

They look pretty nice and they won't kill you in a crash.

>tfw you like Volvos but you dislike the 1800

They are simple in design and made out off strong swedish steel. You are a simple man

Looks like they copped the rear end from the Gremlin.

They at least re made these for a lil bit

Fucking wish, I don't even live at home anymore and it's super Rusty and I can't weld

And they look really good imo. They even got that weird looking good lift back

>tfw you recommend your dad a C30 and he goes and buys a bargey XC60

How do you live with yourself?

Really old Volvo’s are cool in a “quirks and features” kinda way. Semi old Volvo’s are cool because cheap boost. New Volvo’s are Chinese made garbage

Am I the only one who thinks that Volvos of this era ('98-'08) manage to look modern to this day, even when their styling is pretty much from the mid 90's?

Same, I like pretty much everything pre-Ford era, but the P1800 does nothing for me. The Amazon is the superior classic Volvo.

That's a shooting brake, not a wagon.

Very well actually. Just don't like the design is all. The pointy and wide snout, the swoop in the doors, the straight finlets where you expect more curviness. I mean, it's not entirely terrible, I just think it's overrated and don't glorify it. Much prefer the more plebeian classic Volvos. Scandinavian sobriety.

Old Volvos are great cars. A P1800 currently holds the record for most miles on.
Do you really think a car with a '50s as fuck design copied an american design from 20/30 years later
old volvos also happen to be insanely fucking reliable.
I also got this about new volvos:
>guy comes in dealership
>yeah this is the fifth oil leak I have on my engine, I'd like to know what goes wrong
>tfw you got an amazon coupe
>tfw you cant fix it because you have no money
At least I wont let her entirely rot apart. I'd love to dump a B30 in there instead of the B18.

>B30
You mean B20? Barely a change in power. Switching the B14 in a PV for a B18 or B20, now that would be a real improvement. Cruising at 120 kilos instead of having a 120 kilo top speed.

No, you're mistaken, friend.
youtube.com/watch?v=gXhlyVBKTHc

Forgot that those existed. I'm sure they're bullet proof but the figures sound subprime. 130 hp dual carbed from 3 liters when the dual carbed B20 makes 110 hp to 120 hp from 2 liters.

Well the B30 was made for torks, not power. But I'm sure it can fetch around 160/170 with some stuff like a good cam, carb ramp, higher compression and all.

There was a project p1800 near me for a long time. I kept talking myself out of buying and then one day it was gone. Did the same thing with a Volvo 122.

Mistakes were made.

These cars are badass. Last true manual Volvo ever produced. 220hp out of the gate but still fun as fuck to drive with decent handling. Engines sound awesome too.

I5 turbo making 455 hp. I have a hard on for this cute car.

I own one, you need to remove the back box to let the car make any noise, but once you do, oh boy be ready to make a lot of noise at all times
When you drive it hard like that it sounds amazing

>Future volvos
>stupidly sexy hybrids/electric cars and stupidly overboosted 4bangers

Don't forget they also made it AWD by using the S40 drivetrain
Too bad moding a normal C30 to repicate that is way too expensive and hard

The world is moving on, why should Volvo stay behind for nostalgia?

I love Volvo's new design language desu. They were never a muh vee aight brand

for Volvo's what?

I didn't think they could make a car in the current year that looks good, but they actually did.
I still prefer old school ones, though.
>tfw no P1800
>tfw 242 though

That feeling when I have a S80 with V8 as a DD

I would kill for a clean one

>The term was later applied to custom-built wagons by high-end coachbuilders and subsequently became synonymous with a station wagon or estate car.

Because you have taste.

What are your thoughts on 480 turbo? I'm considering buying one for ~2000€ as my first "fun" car

Motherfucker
hope you live a good life and have a wonderful time with you fucking car
Fuck I would love to have that yamaha V8 in my life

honestly, get a manual C30, both are FF, but the C30 is much more comfortable and has a lot more power
no pop up headlights though