Roster Reveal:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/dark-elf-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/skaven-army-roster/

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Last thread: Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VkSV3ilryiE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-disclosure_agreement
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Darren will not be missed.

rip darren

Ruins (of Darren's career) edition :^)

DARKED

>ruins
more like reddit rats edition am i right

>Unfortunately my NDA will block me from talking about the real reasons behind me leaving. It's nothing against the people there, they're talented and friendly and it was a fun environment to work in. But knowing certain things about the processes at CA and how the games are handled is something I didn't want to help promote anymore. I'm taking a massive risk doing this, and honestly can't imagine it will work out that well for me, but that's how strongly I felt I had to leave... me... one of the biggest fans of the series.
What did he discover?

was debating doing that

>Yfw only dogbert from now on

He dug too deep, ((((they))) are coming for him now.

youtube.com/watch?v=VkSV3ilryiE

for those who haven't seen it yet

that deep down he was an antisemitic person

>mfw the NDAs gradually wear off and Darren can deliver the scoop on just how fucked CA manages stuff causing a community riot

>But knowing certain things about the processes at CA and how the games are handled is something I didn't want to help promote anymore

Seems like the "shitposters" were right about CA all along, let's see drones slime their way out of this.

NEVER EVER

nothing wrong with that

I know its a sin to link reddit but I honestly didn't know this.

>What did he discover?
They kept making fun of his choice in head coverings.

based drone poster

based particle effects poster

I still like the games I have purchased from them, and I am looking forward for Warhammer 2. I hope the third game is just as good as the first one and more likely than the second one. Does this make you angry?

based based poster

Neat

based slimy dorne

based based based poster poster

It just adds trees i think

Oreon has been free and loose with the seed of the Elves of the Heart of the Jungle

Dumb based based poster

He will be dead within a week wont he?

based based Total War General

very angry raawr hear me roar

As far as the Liber Chaotica goes, a book about the nature of the warp/realm of chaos, your soul dissolves in the warp and your feelings and experience gravitate to the corresponding entities within th warp.
So if you were a violent motherfucker your hate and rage goes off to feed Khorne etc.
Only sorcerors/similar people keep their sentience in the warp when they die only to be horrible murdered by demons.

You call that a roar?
Hah I'll show you a real roar!
rawr >:3

>medieval 2 ends in 1530 AD
>empire starts in 1700 AD
>gunmen and especially artillery are way more effective in M2TW
why

He uncovered the lies and deception at CA.

Just think of how many PR guys have left so far? And that's PR guys, just the people we know about, for all we know there's no one left of the people involved in Shogun 2

*pats your head*

Stop

A few days ago I saw a job opening at CA for a community goy that can edit videos

I guess it coincides with Darren's departure

dumb stop poster

I still wonder why they used that siege layout when the high elf and lizardmen one's where different and 100 times better than that one.

I loved the Napoleon setting but it wasn't big enough with the units.

Any mods that fix this?

no fucking way

>and 100 times better than that one.

I still wonder why you keep saying this when they were the same shitty warhammer sieges.

I bet is that they just reuse a lot of shit and bank the rest of the money and then say they did not have enough Charlemagnes to make things actually good.

Go download LME, it goes autistic with the units for the french

It works I just tested it, they'll run about 100ft away before about facing if they're in combat

Say my name

SAY MY NAME

I'd rather not have have 6 gorillion differently named units, but does it at least increase the unit sizes?

The chinese sweatshop

I've been playing Total warhammer for a while and while I like the unit variety, the whole thing feels way too arcade-y and fast paced to me.

Are there other Total War games or similar games to these where battles are slower? Like around twice as long?

>darren discovered the future of historical titles and quit before he would be forced to shill for them
am worried now

He really wanted a history title.

Oh, I thought you meant unity variety, have no idea about unit size, sorry.

Napoleon is a bit slower. Same with Medieval 2.

You can also just mod Warhammer to be slower(or any total war game basically)

I fucking love Grimgor and his lines in TW.

did you have the unit size on ultra? And also yeah, there is probably a mod for larger unit sizes on twc or somewhere

Thorgrim?
Ungrim?
Gorgrim?
Gormar the Grimgor?
Eltharigor the Grim?

I can't keep up, this setting might be a bit too grim for me

>You can also just mod Warhammer to be slower(or any total war game basically)
Any recommendations?

>What did he discover?
Future historic title will be as casualized as Warhammer

Watch it be true

Proper Combat Mod

It's more gor than grim to me.

I don't really use those kind of mods. I have used SFO which makes the battles only slightly slower. Probably better "slow combat" mods out there.

I'm talking about the layout. Like the actual map. You have more areas you can defend within the city than the last game.

>Grim-GOR

Nice try mate, you can't hide what you really are.

I thought this was a given at this point. Warhammer is the beginning of the end.

Daily reminder that in Beastmen hierarchy, the size of horns is the only defining factior

Grimgor is literally lower than an Ungor

That you can make more money doing Youtube than working as a commuity manager at CA

Ah fuck. It all makes sense. I knew something was up when they described their next historical title as having "exciting animations" (or something to that effect).

>That you can make more money doing Youtube than working as a commuity manager at CA

With 30k subs?

I severely doubt it.

What is NDA and can he speak about it in few months or?

It's not about money, it's about job satisfaction and being an honest person trapped in a dishonest world
>So why leave Creative Assembly?
>Unfortunately this is really tricky to answer because I'm tied up in NDAs about what I can and can't say but know this:
>CA are the company that I've always wanted to work for since I was 13 and played the original Rome: Total War. Ever since then, I worked towards getting into the industry and eventually hopefully working there one day. Ten years later, I made that dream a reality but it's not something I think a fan would ever want to be a part of...
>Total War's feature set is getting more limited, the prices are getting higher, and the DLC policy more aggressive
>So I guess when I see that a company is thriving and the feature set is being reduced, none of the benefits are being passed on to the consumer and that just pisses me off.
>So because of all this and myriad of other reasons I just can't talk about (Grace), I decided to leave the place where I've always wanted to work
Darren wanted to save Total War, and the women and Indians inside CA ousted him for it.

>What is NDA

If we knew what the terms of the NDA were then we'd also know what he isn't allowed to talk about.
Or do you not know what an NDA is?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-disclosure_agreement
tl;dr: He signed a contract where he agreed not to talk about certain internal shit in CA.

Is the blue line ever worth taking? I use to take it to reduce siege timers but that seems dumb. I mean outside of campaign movement obviously. Replenishment?

Software industry employment NDAs can be pretty long, a year or two is a safe bet.

Darren's probably an anti-DLC fag

I always maintained that Darren was /ourguy/

Lightning Strike.
Research if you're playing the Dwarfs.

Darren was drone poster all along... o_o'

campaign movement, upkeep reduction, and replenishment are all usually worth taking. Lightning strike is one of the best skills in the game

Did they change his voice?

>watching darren's video
>"I'll give you the facts unlike people who tell you a broken game is a 9"
>game shown is Rome II

cheeky cunt

>(Grace)
??? I don't remember him mentioning grace?

Non Disclosure Agreement

You basically swear you won't reveal what is going on in the studio or risk severe legal trouble

Considering it's lenght, it's most likely about the future (historic) titles and not Warhammer-related

>the "selling cut content" shitposter was Darren all along
He tried to warn us bros...

>I made that dream a reality but it's not something I think a fan would ever want to be a part of...
Making the jump from what is your hobby to employment often doesn't turn out well.

Didn't one of the CA higher ups say exactly that? Something like 90% of the current CA people weren't there five years ago?

>Teethman was Darren all along

>shitposter

It's not shitposting if it's true.

Probably either this or CA deliberately holds back resources/delays history titles in favour of Warhammer content. Or he just had a very romantic view of gaming companies and was shocked to find out that they like money as much as the rest of us. Probably doesn't affect Warhammer though, as he said WH2 will be awesome.

Let's be honest and not pretend that bitchers wouldn't jump at every change and scream CASUALIZATION regardless of if it was true. There's people actually saying that M2 buildings somehow involved thought.

We didn't listen! We're sorry Darren!

That ship has already sailed, even he admitted that he's a nobody in the video. People already watch one of the gorillion (Heir/Prince/Fuckboi) of (Historical City/Person/Nation) on youtube doing TW let's plays, he's not going to bring anything new to the table that can get that entrenched fanbase.

WE CAN REBUILD HIM

At what point, if ever, in a beastmen campaign should I split my horde and start maintaining a second stack?

Currently rocking a single doomstacks of high tier, high experience units, alternating between bullying easy targets until I have a brayherd and then sacking defended stuff and slaughtering armies I can get a hold of until my buddies peter out. It's working well, the oak of ages is so many cinders and when the everchosen reaches Altdorf he will find naugt but tents thrown up amonst the ruins, but it feels bad being one bad fuck up away from defeat even when things are going this well.

Yep, this is, no meme, NU-CA for all intents and purposes.

How is Norsca, WE, and Beasties "cut content" if it never existed prior to game launch? I'll give you Chaos but everything else is pure shitposting.

How is it shitposting when it's actually true? Chaos for WH was cut content. Greek states were cut content for Rome 2.

FUCKING KILL ME if that ends up being true

>tfw tempted to try to get hired by CA so I can get into their source code & shaders and fix their goddamn shadowmapping

We all knew the next History game was going to be shit. WH has moved the bar for successful in CA's eyes and no History title will ever put up the same sales figures as Warhammer.

Darren is droneposter
No NDA can functionally cover an anonymous American website + discrete posting

when your main horde has the -50% Upkeep building or you have more gold than you will ever need

Or when you need to wipe out cheeky fucks that like to resettle like Vampires or Norscans