>GM

>Paying 80k for a truck with a gimmick bedliner and no metal box under it

holy fuck, the absolute state of GM, they can't even afford steel now, much less aluminium like the F-150. Also, the 6.2 Denali and Silverado is still slower than the v6 EcoBoost

Is GM even trying?

Other urls found in this thread:

motortrend.com/news/2018-ford-f-150-earns-iihs-top-safety-pick-award/
nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/ford-f-150-is-only-truck-to-pass-safety-crash-tests-664627267570
blog.caranddriver.com/camper-van-f-150-ford-f-150-gets-official-aluminum-campers-and-trailers/
pktrucks.com/product/iveco-daily-55-170-euro-6-4x4-chassis-cabin-iv3673/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

a thread died for this autistic shit

you seem mad

bump

nope

but what is the zero-to-carbonbuildupfuckedupmyengine time?

>carbon build up

stop being a cuckold and rev your engine

The silverado and RAM will both do it in under 6 with a proper 4x4 converter launch. In the real world the Ecoboosts usually need a tune to keep up with stock GM 6.2's off the line and on the highway.

nice delusion

>vocal GM cucks nowhere to be found

Imagine actually paying 80k for a truck with no actual bed, you must be retarded

These are not racing cars, these are utility vehicles

>implying the boomers that buy this truck are going to use the bed

>no actual bed
But it does have a bed, what do you mean? You can't even put a little 20 lb steel toobox in a Ford without puncturing the paper thin aluminum. Recover from that, bitch.

>dumb GM autist doesn't know these things called bedliners exist

seriously, just how stupid do you have to be? GM is marketing this plastic bed as being tougher and less damage prone than steel or aluminium, but that is literally irrelevant because a steel bed truck with a bedliner is stronger than just a plastic bed

go be a dumb GM fanboy somewhere else

>needing to modify a brand new truck so it doesn't fall apart

L

bedliners are an option from the factory autist

you'd know that if you weren't a poorfag

I'm not a GM fan boy I have a Tundra, an F-250 SD and a GMC 2500. The Ford is the worst hands down. It's like stone age technology clumsily banged together in a shed. Amazing they still sell this crap in anno domino 2018.
The 11 year-old-design Tundra is better than the other two in almost every way. The GMC is pretty good too, the 2014 redisign was a huge turning point for them.

>this plastic bed as being tougher and less damage prone than steel or aluminium
And weighs less.
So, better than steel and aluminum, and you think it's a bad thing, and you think you're the not-delusional one.
>bedliner
Oh good, now you can have a 20lb toolbox if you pay an extra $600. Just not a 40lb one.

Oops this guy should have got a better bedliner before standing on the bed rail.
>Actually he should have got a better truck.

Oh nonononono it's getting windy! I need to get my truck in a garage asap!
Awwwe too late...

Ford's answer to the death wobble? Don't drive over 45 mph mmmkay?

>this assmad

Is this Ford's aluminum truck line?

Ahahahahahaha this one was from a small load of firewood shifting during driving. Shoulda had a bedliner amirite?

Holy shit that girl looks sad as fuck.

Do they make a bedliner for the antennae?

>This defenseless
Sure is

imagine being so assmad you google images of trucks that were in an accident to somewhat try to prove a point

Let's not forget the F-150 had THE WORST CRASH TEST RATING IN AMERICA for like 10 years running

Hopefully this is what OP drives and he dies in his next minor fender bender
$6k repair bill lmfao

If you were concerned about the build, materials and safety characteristics of your vehicle you would not be driving a pickup truck.

Imagine starting a shill thread and getting your ass completely handed to yiu and having no comeback.

Anyway my work here is done adios loser

Tundra is all steel, made in USA, and has a four star front and five star side crash safety rating.

>If you were concerned about the build, materials and safety characteristics of your vehicle you would not be driving a Ford pickup truck
FTFY

holy fuck this guy is raging so hard lol

motortrend.com/news/2018-ford-f-150-earns-iihs-top-safety-pick-award/
nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/ford-f-150-is-only-truck-to-pass-safety-crash-tests-664627267570

neither GM not FCA can compete with the f-150 in safety

>poorfag can0t afford a bedliner

the tundra is inferior to the F-150 in safety, see rage more at Toyota being inferior

>all steel

I don’t want that. I want steel or aluminium that deforms and stops me and my family from dying.

>made in USA

That is not a recommendation. The safety tests for pickup trucks are a joke.

Why don't auto makers make a steel frame for each panel and just overlay it with aluminum. Then fill it with spray foam to stop any rusting.

It's about saving weight. Ford saved 500lbs with the aluminum bofy panels and added that weight back on to the frame for some reason so the truck still weighs exactly the same as before but blows apart in the wind now.

>bofy
body

>why should the frame of a truck be stronger???

You forgot the pic of how it was loaded before this happened.

No bed would have escaped without damage.

>fordfags actually have this mentality

Note how a GM handles oversized loads just fine.

>a well installed camper is the same as a load of logs

blog.caranddriver.com/camper-van-f-150-ford-f-150-gets-official-aluminum-campers-and-trailers/

as usual, the GM fangirl displays his stupidity and publicly embarrasses himself even further

So Fords are so fucking weak that you need a special FORD TM lightweight camper or trailer?

>campers in less than 8 ft long beds

>this assmad GM doesn't make their own campers

I remember that “official” Chevy test/commercial.

Heavy 90 degree angled concrete chunks are going to puncture any and everything.

How long are you guys going to reply to shills. They literally get paid to make you angry and to get the last word. Veeky Forums makes a lot of people a lot of money, just look around. Just hide the threads, the moronic shills are easy to find.

>0-60 times of pickup trucks
why tho

I’m not sure if this thread is full of trolls or shills, but the F-150 is spanking everybody and continues to out sell the others.

The Tundra deserves 2nd place instead of those Mexican made GMs.

>it's a "unbiased test of so-called real life conditions but it makes the competition look bad and brings out the obscure strengths of the product it's financed by" episode

nice
indisputable victory once again

delusional

>not spray-in

ikr
ez pz

Witnessed.

look at them, what a futile attempt at shitposting

All in all, it’s a licensing deal that’ll net Ford more money and ties Livin’ Lite’s existing aluminum-bodied trailers to Ford’s massive investment in the lightweight metal.

what's the point of this anyways?
weight reduction?
rust proof materials?

GM can't afford steel or aluminium, so they just sell the bedliner alone

she does have that "please just kill me now" look on her face
that's got to be her brother, her uncle or her dad?

Twerking was a mistake

Just some rando comi-con creep.

looks like a good reason to choo-choose Ford

Go to bed Ralph.

Weight reduction for EPA-CAFE stuff.
Ford did that, as well as having to make the SAE Towing standards. It shed a lot of weight to do it.

Chevy and RAM have both gone with steel beds. Looks like GMC is going with that carbon fiber box, which is more durable than steel. Probably more expensive too desu.

This is done by design and is not a flaw. Look how stable the cab is

>"work" "truck"
>can't carry a toolbox

>But Muh 0-60

Trucks should be reliable, durable, have great longevity.
Permeable beds and gimmick motors are from the worst of the worst of small cars.

>what is a bedliner

rage more at the fact that the Ford is superior

That's why you use a big simple V8 that's reliable and does 0-60 in under 6.

having to merge onto the freeway towing 7k+ lbs 0-60 matters

Because it's the cheapest and fleets only buy the cheapest and fon't care that it's a bunch of lowest bidder garbage banged together by a Mexican with a hammer.

>Big simple V8 that's easy to maintain, tough as fuck, great longevity
>Kinda like the big engines they put in the 3/4tons that were expected to that.
>Have a long life of actual truck-use and give the owner the minimum amount of headaches.

Aye, sounds like the right criteria to use when looking at truck usage and expectations. Careful, you mighta triggered some people.

>GM engines
>reliable

imagine being this delusional

Show me a million mile no rebuild ecoboost.

Yeah except a gm pickup bed lolololol

I have a tree cutting business and routinely pile the bed of my Tundra up with logs and there is not one dent or buldge anywhere.

>Auto enthusiasts doing LS swaps for years

Guess that's an accident.

I think he's about to have a nervous breakdown though

I've looked at valves on non-catch can ecoboosts with >100k miles and the cooking is minimal compared to other bmws/audis I've seen.

And that's on the 1st gens that don't have the duel fuel injection systems.

>rusts in 6 months

80k?!

Lol, have you seen the inside of that truck? That shit doesn't even scream 80k. GM is such a joke.

Original MSRP on those trucks probably had a 15k price difference so what's your point?

yes sir

>Imagine being so assmad because your skin is shit colored you had to make this stupid thread

KYS Mexican

2 door short box

like pottery lol

better than the crewcab.

pktrucks.com/product/iveco-daily-55-170-euro-6-4x4-chassis-cabin-iv3673/

> pic related

>you start merging onto the highway at 0mph
This is why 20-80 and 60-100 are much more useful metrics when not used for circle jerking.