/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Hammer is love, hammer is life!

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Trailer 8/18: youtube.com/watch?v=ULqY6yXn2S4
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. out now, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳3DS to Switch save data app here: my.mixtape.moe/qpdnqs.png
-Test build MHXX update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v3: my.mixtape.moe/kdcqnv.png
-Monster Hunter Stories comes out 9/8. Demo available. youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MHF-Z, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z1Of1UpduTc
strawpoll.me/13808261
youtube.com/watch?v=rJ90ljliEzU
youtube.com/watch?v=kKrb3I-Tbk0
youtube.com/watch?v=HEiGGB_GCBc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Remember to eat your veggies(meat)!

I want to BE a Narga!!

I got to play the MHW demo!
in my dream

left or rigth?

Same

Teostra babe any day

I pick tetsu

middle

>tfw no Monster Hunter World for Nintendo Switch

>he thinks lagiacrus is going to be in world

youtube.com/watch?v=z1Of1UpduTc
From the professional game journalists that brought you that one hammer gameplay.

Keep the dream alive faggot

>You will never take the knot and be subjected to excessive electroejaculation

I chose the akantor in the back, he looks like a cutie

Hermitaur

>he thinks lagiacrus has ANY chance of appearing in a game without underwater fighting
>inb4 b-b-ut muh shallow water
Deep sea and shallow waters are 2 different things faggot, it can't work

This video pissed me off so bad. I want to hit that bald motherfucker in the face

I'm actually completely aware Lagiacrus is way to big to have decent animations in the depth of water we've seen

I think Monster Hunter World is going to replace Monster Hunter Freedom Unite as the best Monster Hunter game for me. As a grandpa, it's the first Monster Hunter game I'm looking forward to. It just looks amazing. 3U and 4U were both great titles, no doubt, but they didn't feel ground breaking or true to my baby, FU. They felt like miss steps into the world of "Anime" with bright colors and absurd mechanics. World seems to be a compromise of the two, meeting in the middle. Graphics are fucking mouth watering and the gameplay looks so smooth its practically making me rock hard.

I cannot wait. Even if FU's roster isn't present and some of my favourite monsters aren't there, including Elder Dragons, I'll still love it. It has that lovely comfy feel to it. The fishing, the environments, the felynes, the fauna and flora - all breath taking.

Where 4U felt like it had a few maps that were like paintings if you stood still and looked at the horizon, MHW looks like the entire game is a moving painting. I've yet to see a single image that hasn't been insanely impressive.

how much dedotaded wam do i need to run monster hunter worlds?

I'd rather have Luddy, Mizu, or Agna before Lagiacrus. Leviathans are best when they are centered around using their body to fight. Lagiacrus's problem is was too many animations are centered around mouth, claws, and lightning

I'm playing DBs in XX. Which ones should I use?

I'm gonna guess 4, seeing as it's on the MT framework and that thing can run on a desktop calculator

Agnaktor is THE best leviathan, only retarded niggers prefer lagiafuck to that

strawpoll.me/13808261
strawpoll.me/13808261

Lagi's problem was having a shit land moveset

mizu has a high chance of getting in since it's #1 on the popularity rankings, and narga was before that

I hope we get agnaktor back, he is a very good fight

>could be adapted
No it couldn't it's impossible

>mizu
>anime shit in world
holy fuck no

is this pasta

Lagiacrus' problem is that they took a monster made to work with underwater and took underwater away.

Imagine agnaktor's magma in full hd

literally all the new additions to the weapons and the new gear are anime as fuck lol

>"You are a hunter? Welcome to Pokke Village! We have prepared a house for you..."
>"Adventures and hard ships await hunter, but you can do it!"
>"Hello, I'm Nekoth. I don't speak like the other cats?"
>"I'm the village elder. Here's what I have for you today."
>"Welcome to the guild hall! Speak to 1 of the 3 guild girls for quests. Be aware you need a certain rank to take some of the guild quests!"
youtube.com/watch?v=rJ90ljliEzU

>The difference between grinding in Monster Hunter and grinding in Final Fantasy is the freshness of the content

I'm glad this is the last chance he's giving monster hunter. I hope he fucking hates it too so he can fuck off forever.

Agnaktor would be an even better fight if it had heavy variations of Mizutsune attacks. I always wondered why it never got Mizutsune's charge attack where to dives at you twice, it could easily have an animation where it hooks itself with the beak and flings itself for the second charge. It would also be cool if it got G rank Black Gravios' turn beam from 4U

LS, IG, CB and DB are already in.

>hard ships

i want my bro back to punish shitters

i actualy think he could have cool animation, like if he moved kinda like an aligator instead of the cockscrew attack, he doesn't have to be under the water level to have this working, but it would indeed require a lot of water animations

Wouldn't that just me more like an electric lavasioth with more ranged attacks?
Swimming in shallow water would just look like when the -sioths glide about on their stomachs all the time

Agnaktor is too heavy to flip around, it fits mizu's graceful appearance more

To be fair though Mizutsune is probably the lightest member of that monster class outside Royal Ludroth.

what if

Oh my god. Lagiacrus isn't going to be in the game.
Swampy Lagiacrus

>Wouldnt it be like a different element of a similair skeleton with a change in mechanics
Yeah it would be like a monster in monster hunter

Ludroth, lagi, some event ones for fire I forget, deviljho probably, ice doesn't really matter that much.

the thing is Agnaktor already throws it's body weight around when it goes underground, it would still look great for it. The Glacial Agna hipcheck also demonstrates that

Why chance a monster's very core just to shoehorn him into a game when you could make a brand new monster that could probably be much better

kinda yeah, plus his body slam

Having beautiful cuisine disposed of that way is unironically one of my favorite thing about some games

Just like mudsioth, what if they invented a new kind of Lagiacrus but more swampy alligator than sea serpent

Shit monster go home

He would look dumb because his design screams "sea monster"

you guys must at least admit his armor look fucking great

I'll admit nothing

What's more important for CB, sharpness or bigger attack?

>tfw female version is not as cool

Is the increased attack big enough to offset the damage lost by lower sharpness?

His armor is fucking god tier, but we could just get his materials in the 4U way

>He would look dumb because his design screams "sea monster"
his disign is a fucking crocodile/aligator, his nest is on land, plesioth look more like a sea monster, ceadeus is a true sea monster
that said i can perfectly see the lagia in some kind of mangrove environement

Depends. Sharpness is irrelevant for the super/ultra so if you can consistently hit a monster with super/ultra then you can ignore sharpness (assuming you don't bounce with lower sharpness)

>"So you've decided to read my journals! Do I have stories to tell you... - Unknown Adventurer"
>"I think I can trust my cats in your care. You take good care of them."
>"They say an a giant used this sword to slay the elder dragons thousands of years ago, and defend the village..."
>"We don't know the details, but they simply call it 'Akantor'. It's truly terrifying! But if someone can do it... I believe in you!"
>"They say that if a Shen Lung spends time near volcanoes its skin changes to a gray color as it absorbs the minerals. That's how we can tell where it's from."
>"Is it strange to classify Kirin as an elder dragon?"
>"So you've decided to come and train!? I'll have you in shape in no time!"
>"There's plenty of treasures to be found. Where would you like to go today?"
>"Look at you! Not too long ago you were just a rookie hunter, but now. I'm impressed, but don't count me out yet!"
youtube.com/watch?v=kKrb3I-Tbk0

If he's supposed to be a croc then why is the real life croc just better in everything

I have a new secret mission for you. You will handle this with care.

Reminder that

Gen 1: Monster Hunter (PS2): 14 large monsters
Gen 2: Monster Hunter 2 Dos: 23 large monsters
Gen 3: Monster Hunter Tri: 18 large monsters
Gen 4: Monster Hunter 4: 51 large monsters
Gen 5: Monster Hunter World: 60 large monsters
Spinoffs: Monster Hunter Generations: 73 large monsters.

Hi, I deal with the Low Rank quests. This is where everyone begins!

I'm guessing somewhere around 30 monster since they can't copy paste from previous 3DS games like 4 did from 3U and Gen did from 4U

>If a game doesn't let you cancel out your combos 99% of the time the combat is clunky

This meme needs to die.

I want to flip her skirt and petticoats

Source on 60 monsters?

>I need a big juicy cinematic story to play a game

I hope this mentality dies.

Guys if you really need a Switch, just order one from the EU region or UK. They go for about this much. Just add in import fees and postage and you'll be sitting above 400 or something. I mean, if it is so rare, this is a fool proof way to get one. You just pay a little more. We simply don't want them here. MHXX isn't that important now that MHW has been announced.

TFW healer set used to be unrestricted armor

I would rather pay $400 for a hooker than waste that much money on the Switch.

why would i waste money on a console with one game?

I know anons, but people keep saying they are scarce. They aren't in EU. I don't want one. No one here does. So what I'm saying is for the die hard fans is to get one from here if they are so darn sold out everywhere. Because you know what? I don't believe that one bit.

>that awful face
I'm still mad at how Freedom 2 and Unite downgraded from Freedom 1

I'd rather have an out of stock console than one being outsold by its direct competitor

>This week.
Cute.

>we only play popular consoles on Veeky Forums
okay

But for real, the Pro is a scam compared to the basic model. No 60FPS upgrades and 4k is a fucking meme.

>amazon
>america
>mattering
lol

Reminder that /ourboy/ Rath is still the shitter destroyer

youtube.com/watch?v=HEiGGB_GCBc

Leave it to the Japanese players to test if you can TP out of combat using the new fast travel.

We knew that for a while

damage control

Who's going to be MonHun Gibberish master race?

At least PS4 has exclusives, Xbox One is literally just the poor man's PC

Is there a Diablos. I'll take every frame you can give me if so.

>has Seregios's claw swipe now
Guess who is that Los's daddy?

TAMA
TIDDIES

the one x is a great piece of hardware with no exclusive games

nha, the shitter destroyer is the barroth, i'm glad it's in MHW

>3 jap hunters timed out on a Rath quest

And people think the frogs are bad.