> very fuel efficient
> fast
> jap made
> smol
> literally can’t break down on you

>literally can't break down on you

sure thing

Because im not a snobby librul

every subaru owner i've seen/met looked like a dyke or a soyboy.

>literally can't break down on you
Until the headgasket blows up.

My first car was a Subaru, good car until it broke down on me.

>why don’t you own a Subaru
They discontinued what was their most unique model relative to any manufacturer in the states. i still want one of these flaws be damned.

is this a thing? My co-worker calls the Foresters "dyke-mobiles" is Subaru approved for lesbos?

my dad has one and it's good. I like it because it's better than the 20 year old car I drive, way tighter if you know what I mean.

also it goes through snow so easily.

yes it is a meme that lesbians love subarus

was gonna buy on 05 impreza as my first ride but the dude mentioned bad head gaskets and I lost interest. Looked nice and felt great to drive, though. Might try to grab one for my next car, but I want a wagon

Subaru even targeted lesbos in their ads, at least in New England where that sort of thing is fashionable.

Test drove a few and the manual transmission was mediocre, the CVT was absolute garbage and the engines were completely inadequate for the weight of the car. AWD is nice I guess but not worth the rest of it.

Because I became a /mazda missile/ instead.

>zoom-zoom

I wanted an STI but the RS is a better STI than the STI and I didn't feel like waiting for the new STI. If the new generation it's good I might get one.

I have a CVT Outback (2011) and find it to be on the slower end, Ive been in deep depression for months after not getting a manual or 3.6 it literally makes me cry while I drive.

I feel your pain. I don't have a Subaru but I drive a CVT and can't stand it.

>can't break down
lol the EJ25 sure can.

Because trucks are better.

Selectable 4x4 or rwd for sick skids.
Get the same mpg's as Subaru's.
Quicker than most Subaru's.
Canadian made.
Basically the same size of weight as a modern Subaru.
Will make it to a million miles without 10 HG jobs.

I used to drive an old 2.2L Impreza with a manual. Slow? No duh. But it was at least pretty fun for an econobox, and had just enough grunt to make you want to play racecar.

half this shit isnt true anymore

All CVTs are now front wheel drive until the rear slips. Only manual keep it 50/50 at all times

not fuel efficient at all, never was. sti is getting like 18mpg? pathetic

fast, and jap made. maybe

smol. not anymore

cant break, still breaks tho

name a single truck that gets 40mpg (36.5 if I'm being honest) highway.

Because Subarus are garbage. The same EJ257 been used for over fucking 10 years with the same build quality. SHIT.

You constantly hear the engine is a lemon from the factory and explodes because it can't take factory boost.

Why does every Subaru owner look like some soyboy or swaggot if male and some butch dyke if female? Do the interior plastics leach estrogen into the car much like a FEMA trailer releases formaldehyde?

Oh and they're NOT reliable those boxer engines have a terrible problem in that they effectively have two headgaskets over each cylinder bank and being boxer layout they even have gravity working against them on since the HG's are tipped on their sides.

No modern real awd Subaru gets 40mpg highway.

My dad brags to me his 2016 impreza wagon gets like 36mpg. He drives a lot on the highway for work. (I was exaggerating for effect)

Single cam non-turbos from 1999 to 2009, sure. Otherwise, meme.

Not a chance unless he's one of those assholes doing 50mph. It's a milestone hitting 30mpg on most Subaru forums while a massive truck with a V8 will do that in V4 mode.

Yes, every woman Subaru driver I see is some beefy flannel shirt wearing dyke and most men I see with one are either some scrawny soyboy with John Oliver type eyeglasses and sometimes some raggedy hobo beard or some flat brim baseball hatted swaggot fuccboi in skinny jeans/sweatpants, hole punch lobe earrings and that flippy Fearow looking long fade cut they all seem to get nowadays.

The old autos used to be 10% rear lockup unless the computer machine decided it needed more. Good to avoid slip in the first place I guess, but it felt pretty much like FWD most of the time anyway.

He is. Subaru owners never follow speed limits, typically under rather then over.

The cvts are 60/40 until wheel slip.

They do eat oil pretty bad (well a small but not insignificant percentage of them), to the point of multiple lawsuits and a free short block replacement. They also have a bunch of prematurely failed CVTs that has led to limited extended warranties.

They also run pure direct injection in the new engines which means you need to clean the valves which isn't on the maintenance schedule. Also missing on the schedule is replacing the CVT fluid... Wonder why they fail?

Then you get into the fact that all the NA 4 cylinder engines feel underpowered.

My neighbors are lesbians and they have a forester. I have also seen other women driving them. It may be overblown a bit, but it's not a meme. There is some truth to it.

bingo gringo you right

>Also missing on the schedule is replacing the CVT fluid... Wonder why they fail?
That's because you usually can't. I don't know about Subaru but Nissan's CVTs do not even have fill or drain ports accessible without removing the unit, and sometimes not at all.

you should move somewhere where there aren't any degenerates living openly

These are cool. You're right though, Subaru no longer makes unique looking, borderline ugly cars anymore. Ugly being subjective, I liked them.
I think the newest I'd buy would be a 4th gen Legacy GT. Or a baja.

because they're tragically ugly

>why don’t you own a Subaru?
Because for $4000 less currently, I can get a VW Golf with 20 more HP or for the same price as the Subaru get a Mazda3 with even more horses.

my 01 rs has rod knock. probably have to pay a shit ton to drop in a replacement

Rebuild it yourself.

dont have garage, tools, or knowledge, man and im pretty bummed out about it too. feel like a dumbass

Ah damn, sorry dude. You can check craigslist car parts section for a motor to swap in. Maybe have a shop do it for you. Dealership is probably going to rape your wallet..
How many miles is your car?
I rebuilt my engine last year. Noticed it was leaking coolant and let it sit until I got everything ready to rebuild.
Parts, money, time.

where then?

You can on a Subaru. You need a pump to do it, but it isn't hard.

The theory is that since it doesn't see heat like ATF does it won't degrade. Then the risk of introducing contaminants then outweighs the benefit of changing it. You still need to check it every so often by opening the check valve.

Now Honda still had it being changed every 30K. Wouldn't put it past that being a stealership scam for Honda though.

subarus have been obsolete since y2k

modern german diesels are quicker, more efficient, safer, better interiors, hold value better, cheaper to insure and a bonus of not looking like a total blowhard autismo in a bright blue need4speed edgemobile

think i covered everything there

literally no one buys subarus outside of the US for a good reason

Also check RS25. They have guides and such. If you want to learn what needs to be done if you're going to get it rebuilt by someone.
They were pretty helpful, plus I had one of those old repair manuals that had info on a bunch of manufacturers. Good luck

its true. so true that subie themselves used it to their advantage and made ads targeted to dykes

>why don’t you own a Subaru?
I do
>awd
that doesn’t make you a better driver but ok. having a dedicated set of summer and winter tires will slap the shit out of anything with all seasons
>very fuel efficient
my 22mpg 2.5l wrx would disagree
>fast
only the turbo models, but unless you’re a “track day bruh” that’s wasted since anything over 70mph you’re getting a ticket and mommy will be upset when your (her) insurance goes up $200 a month
>jap made
only the good models, the rest are made in Indiana
>smol
maybe back in the 90’s now every car is about the same class wise
>literally can’t break down on you
if you exclude the “fast” models because of edgy boy racers and mid life crisis “I’m the cool adult” types then I guess there equal with Toyota motors. ringland and gasket issues seem to be the most prevalent

the fan base is about as obnoxious as apple, glock and pc gamers/miners along with the middle age lesbian, dude bro vape pen racers and middle class suburbia cuck wagons stereotypes

What about the glass gears in the transmission

>swaggot

Are you in middle school or something bud

>basically modern cars in a nutshell

2 reasons
1. I am not a 30yo lesbian
2. I am not a chad who need's approval

[screams in head gasket]

>burbles in crank case oil leak

Nope. Older than that
It was my new word for those teal sneaker wearing hole punch earlobe vaping bros that think keeping the stickers on a new ball cap you buy 4 sizes too big and never curl the brim on that always tend to hop out of Subarus in my area. Its either people like them or old grandmas who live in the boonies riding Subarus.

You're trying too hard. Underage.

"Anyone who isn't smoking the Subaru crack like I do must be a teen"

Whatever you say, user

I actually just bought a 2017 Outback but I'm thinking of using my 3 day return period to get some thing else. It lets a crazy amount of wind noise through the driver and passenger door.

>"Get off my lawn" attitude will make them believe I am old

awd means less fuel efficient

I don't because:

- Subaru can't seem to design an aesthetically good looking car, ever.
- I'm not in IT.
- I dislike the sound of boxer engines.
- The WRX/STI fanbase has become the Rick and Morty fanbase of automobile enthusiasts.

I didn’t know about this meme but I’m a Subaru driving dyke so I guess so

I do. 2018 Impreza Sedan 2.0i
>AWD
>28/38 mpg
>plenty of space
>doesn't look like a fuggin radioshack inside
>visibility is great
>quality is bretty good for the base model
>slower on acceleration
>steering feels responsive and smooth, no play in the wheel
>ride is quiet and comfortable
>low response time on the cruise control; much lower lag than the 2015 Corolla I drove for a while
>noticeably lower body roll than similar cars
>performance on unimproved surfaces/dirt roads is much better than comparable cars
If you take it for the economy car it is, it's a good car. I live in Arizona, at 5100 ft elevation, and it works quite well. The thing will handle much better than cars in it's class on dirt but still handles very well on the road. I understand Subaru did some work on the 2017 redesign focusing on reducing body roll, and I think they did a good job with it. I have the automatic because I heard the gearbox on the manual wasn't all that great, and in almost every aspect the auto would suit my needs better. As it is a new car, we'll see how it ages.

>co-worker has a second gen 2 liter Forester
>his rated fuel economy is 12L/100km or 20 MPG US
>tells me how happy he is he's getting 11L/100km or 21.5 MPG US
>stand in disbelief upon hearing it because that's the fuel economy of 2 liter engines from the fucking '70s

>very fuel efficient
the most my 03 legacy has ever gotten was 27mpg hwy

'Cause I don't vape every breath.

>cries in differential explosion

were gonna make it back on the path some day boys, with rwd manuals. were gonna make it

I squeezed 32.5 out of my 98 legacy once.

>27mpg hwy
Lemme guess.. you NEED more?

My BRZ reliably gets 31.5 highway, something like 29.5 hoonway.

>Subaru launching 7 seat SUV next year
>4cyl

JUST

SAUBARU IS A POOPARU

German cars are falling apart on the show room floor

just bought a 1998 Subaru Justy, was like 1K

1988 fuck

>AWD

I wish

>Fuel Efficent

Doubt.png

>fast

90 horsepower baby

>jap made

true

>smol

also true

>cant break down on you
>blows headgasket, transmission explodes.

EA motors are stronk, the headgaskets and tranny aren't really an issue on them. Especially because of how not powerful they are.

The novelty wears off, bed is generally too short to haul anything unless you really pack it in carefully.

Legit jelly user.

>subaru
>head gasket blows because it's a subaru

Because theyre designed for hot climates

>hot engine oil rests on bottom of engine and bottom of headgasket
>live in extreme cold climate
>headgasket failure

>hit lumpy road
>passenger's side head gasket starts rattling and leaking
>finally make it up to highway speed
>hear wind noise
>it's the driver's side head gasket

Replace the bushings

Subarus hate cold ass weather just fyi

Had a 2007 subaru legacy, ive owned 3 BMWs an a corolla, and the subaru was legit the worst of them all

>shit breaking constantly, even worse than than a 99 BMW and a 2003 BMW
>2.0, which isn't big by any means but it was so awfully lacking in power
>shit MPG
>shit quality interior
>even duller to drive than then corolla
>no fun

Hondas love any climate but theyre better winter cars since the A/C is wimpy for hot climates

I bought a Hyundai because I used to have less money the Sonata was way cheaper than the Legacy with equitable quality. If they sold the fucking Legacy with the 4 cylinder turbo in the US i'd jump on that shit instantly.

I hope so, I literally get tears running down my face when I hear the CVT chain cucking me, the boxer doesnt even like it

Oh my god it's adorable

Why do they sound so horrifically bad when they cold start? That alone makes me never want one.

>when the new vape juice gets delivered a day early

2008 impreza base model automatic

Amazing upgrade from my shitbox '99 Forester.

if i want to diagnose rod knock, do i pull from the coil pack

> very fuel efficient

I love my Subarus but fuck no on this point

If you have a rod knock, you'll know because of the loud horrifying clanking sound coming from your engine.