Truck Thread

Murica here
looking for suggestions on what truck models are ideal that I could pick up in the 2-3.5k range that assuming I got a decent one could dependably be used to pull a 1500lb trailer and 3000lb car a couple times a month and be used for various truck duties like hauling gravel. Wouldnt care much about body just want a good power train and tow ability and longetivity assuming I maintain it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ewnXiTJCViE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Only good option for 90's truck is any GM 5.7 truck or 7.4 if you love getting 5mpg.
Just do yourself a favor and even if it drives fine - unless you know it has been done - rebuild front end with moog tie rods/ball joints/pitman arms. So many neglected 90's truck front ends and their weak steering components out there. Moog hardware makes every single one feel like a new truck.

The f150's are great too but the 4.9 and 5.0 are lack luster at towing compared to the 5.7 trucks.

GMT400 with 350.
Square bodies are starting to see all sorts of boomer and classic taxes all over the place but a beat 2wd one can still be had for cheap.
OBS and bull nose Ford with 351w.

What they said
stay away from dodges. They're only good with the cummins and then the trans and everything else will nickel and dime you.

the 90's GM and Ferd trucks were all solid but as mentioned stick to the 351 Ferd trucks if you want to tow.

I actually have a 95 F150 with the 5.0 for my secondary vehicle/junk hauler. I occasionally pull friend's derby cars with it. It can do it but it struggles with decent hills. I would never want to do a long trip with a loaded trailer. It works for my boat and random shit great otherwise. If I was routinely towing a car or something I'd definitely look for a 351 truck or a chebby with a 5.7

Square body, GMT 400, GMT 800

Functional truck thread? Functional truck thread.

Have a bump/shillpost.

F250 vs. F250
youtu.be/ewnXiTJCViE

>youtu.be/ewnXiTJCViE

Blair witch project, cant tell what's goin on.

I'd go with a Silverado/Sierra circa 99-03. Those are by far GM's best trucks imo

Just wait for the part where I'm cowering under the truck crying and dropping snot bubbles

Ford ranger or mazda b series

The cheapest most reliable thing

2003 2500hd 6.0 Vortec

I prefer the 1500HD, just because of the rarity.

1500hd is actually pretty neato. This old 3/4 ton's treated me pretty well though. Nice to have an ECLB. Wish I had a crew cab a lot though.

I don’t have a Chevy, but I have a super duty crew can long bed, diesel bois talk shit all day till they realize their bed is basically useless.

The 8ft bed really is a luxury. I don't think I could do it any other way. Odo's up to 386k now.

don't mind me, just posting the greatest american made pickup

This, plus cheap parts

Old man's 2017 2500HD 6.6 Duramax L5P, been a great truck so far.

Can confirm, quad cab crew cab whatever 8 foot bed master race

Wew lad, I thought I was high mileage with almost 250

Literally no reason to have a bed shorter than 8 feet, any less you may as well have got an suv

>crew cab whatever 8 foot bed master race
Agreed. It's the best of all worlds. Not really that hard, but just gotta git gud to drive one.

Yep, it's had a little work on it, but it's been a great, reliable truck. Personally a big fan of the GMT800s.

What truck is this? I want it

These guys, listen to them. i bought an 88 1500 silverado long bed for $800. The guy gyped me and said the drive train was fine. I came to find out the head gasket was leaking/partially blown and the tc solenoid was dead as hell.
Here's the thing though:

>with a blown head gasket, and a fucked up tranny,
>I daily drove that bitch when my other truck died for 2 months before i fixed it.

She fucking drank oil and had Shit power (tbi 350 so thats to be expected) but i towed a 2001 pathfinder, and hauled a truckbed full of 6 sbc v8 blocks and a diesel 6.2 with that blown bitch in a blizzard.

Best $800 ive ever spent

eat a dick fag

dodge square body is best square body

If you can't fit a grown ass man laying down in the bed of your truck, it's not a fucking truck
My base model b-series from 1999 had a longer bed than most of the Chad trucks I see around now, literally what the fuck

what about a 6 foot 6 inch bed?

I love me some Ranger, but towing 4500lbs on a semi regular basis isn't a strong point.

I'd go F150 4.9 I6.

That's my 92 Chevy K1500 extended cab short bed lifted 4 inches on 33s

300 is torquey and capable but it'll be way way slower and not as nice to tow with as a 351w or 350. 300 is fine for little around town jobs but you'll feel the lack of power and displacement on the freeway and on hills

You are correct the 351 will tow better, I was going with the 300 for emmpeegees and sheer anvil like durability.

dually or nothing

>3.5k
Get a 72 El Camino

Ok but I unironically want to convert one of these to a sort of dual purpose hotrod/workhorse vehicle, I’m thinking supercharged 6.2 diesel v8 build paired with some variety of 6-speed manual for the powertrain, but idk what to do about the suspension or how hard it’ll be to put stronger springs back there so I can use the bed. Any ideas?