Bullshit laws

>live in BC Canada
>at stop light
>check text message
>520 dollar ticket

Other urls found in this thread:

cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/british-columbia/distracted-driving-blitz-bc-1.4560360
www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/transportation/driving-and-cycling/road-safety-rules-and-consequences/publications-legislation-and-data/road-safety-data
drive.com.au/motor-news/the-road-rules-you-didnt-know-20120817-24bzf.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You shouldn't be touching your phone in the car.

No phone means no phone, it's far easier to understand and far easier to enforce that way. As soon as you make exceptions people will try to weasel their way out of it.

You deserve it.

>live in socal
>changing song on my phone at light
>bike cop pulls up to my window and asks if that next song is worth $300
>n-no sir
>he drives off
why are canadian cops such assholes?

>2000 good reasons not to do it again
>by that the BC government means 2000 dollars

Fuck this just fuckin shoot me pig.

cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/british-columbia/distracted-driving-blitz-bc-1.4560360

This is a completely valid law. Pay attention to the road, even when stopped.

If it were my country "get off the fucking phone nudges" would be fair game.

Government needs the money...

The problem isn't the law itself. The problem is that the law is an easy tax grab. The tickets used to be 167 dollars in 2016 and the deterrent worked fine. Then the BC government increased it to 520 dollars plus even more on subsequent offenses. BC peons took this law with open arms thinking that their roads were getting more dangerous due to the rising Asian immigrant population. While it is true that more Asians are coming into BC, the roads are getting safer and safer.

www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/transportation/driving-and-cycling/road-safety-rules-and-consequences/publications-legislation-and-data/road-safety-data

>2007 411 fatalities
>2016 288 fatalities

The trend is clear. Although BC's population is rising due to immigrants, the roads are getting safer. There was no reason to make penalties harsher other than to make more money. The BC government knew that the racist sentiment towards Asian drivers was always there so they snuck this law in knowing retards would take the bait and pay up. Sure enough, comments on the new law blamed Asians and thanked the government.

Live in Australia

1mph over - $300 fine.

Have pod filter on Provisional license - $450 fine (pod filter makes a vehicle "high powered" which is illegal for p platers.

Seatbelt doesnt retract instantly when fully pulled out - $550 fine.

Be 18 and have 2 passengers - $450 fine

Be 18 and drive a turbo car - $450 fine

1 second of wheelspin in the wet - Car crushed, $2000 fine and no license for 2 years.

Put 16" wheels on a car that came with 14" wheels - $1000 fine

Jdm bumper quick release - $350 because its a protrusion

Elbow resting slightly out window $250 fine

20mph over on a big empty freeway - Car crushed , 6 months no license and $1500 fine.

Beep horn and wave out window - $700 in fines.

Have fog lights on - $250 fine

>Elbow resting slightly out window $250 fine
this cant be real

Why did you let this happen?

>1mph over - $300 fine.
that's bullshit and you know it. any decent cop will let you slip by with 2-3mph over.

>Be 18 and drive a turbo car - $450 fine
only if you live in a cuck state. in nsw you can at least drive low pressure turbo cars.

>federal Canadian drunk driving laws require 0.08 blood alcohol level to be charged
>BC decides to be a special snowflake and make it 0.05
>the penalty for the first time

Your driver's licence is seized immediately, prohibiting you from driving for three days.
The vehicle you are driving may be impounded for three days; and if so, you are responsible for all towing and vehicle storage costs.
You are required to pay a $200 administrative penalty.
You have to apply to have your driver's licence reinstated and pay the licence reinstatement fee as well as any other outstanding debts to ICBC or the Government of BC if you wish to drive again.

Can't even have a fuckin drink at my buddy's place without getting ass raped by the gov't. 0.05 Is NOT dangerous at all. The federal law is fine.

They took the guns.

>mfw I drive a vehicle with limo tint and a high front windshield so pigs can't see inside
>mfw my dash is high enough that they'd never be able to see into my vehicle even if I did text and drive

Car cucks better step up. There's more than one reason to drive a high/lifted vehicle.

>Implying Australia doesn't still have guns
City cucks run the narrative.

No foglights EVER? Is the seatbelt thing true? And what about an 18 year old driving a 1.4 turbo 3800lb suv that is 0-60 in 11 seconds?

>when you're about to drop your mixtape with the windows down
>moto-pig rolls up on your shit
>starts spittin some bs bout $300
>mixtape so fire you say FTP
>blast that shit at max vol
>fry his bacon streetside
>toss 3 bens out the window and redline it to the next stop light

>tinted windows
>150 dollar fine

Well at least you didn't pay for cell phone driving.

>1mph over - $300 fine.
They use km/h. Nice try.

>tfw Australian
>drive 15-20km/h over pretty much everywhere
>20" wheels on car that came with 18"
>>drive with window down and arm hanging out/resting on all days apart from rain
>drive with fog lights on pretty much everywhere
>>never been fined or cautioned
Fucking P platers can't drive for shit.

Onterrible resident here.

As a rule, I just don't drink at all if I have to drive that night. It sucks ass, but it's really not worth it. I do not agree with the BAC level because frankly 0.08 isn't anywhere near drunk. The people they're ACTUALLY nabbing for drunk driving are like 3-4 times the legal limit or more.

You just have to plan that shit out, or have a DD. I've been at peoples' places during the day and we have some beers, but I usually know when I'm going to drive home and cut it off well before that so it's out of my system. Even then, I take backroads home and set my cruise control for 5km under the speed limit just to be extra careful. If you're not driving like you're drunk, and you aren't speeding, they have no justification to pull you over in the first place. Worst case is a RIDE program checkpoint, but those are usually on main roads.

If it were any other "deterrent" aside from a cash fine I'm sure most people would have a different attitude. Demerit points for example.

>ELBOW RESTING OUT THE WINDOW

This can't be real. Show me the fucking law for this one please. I need a good laugh.

>driving in highway
>90km/hr limit
>going 90
>every other car going 115
>left lane cars going at least 120
>go 115 like everyone else
>cops pick you out like a lion ambushing a herd of gazelle
>170 dollar fine

Why tf does this country have speed limits if they are so slow that no one follows them?

Better than demerits and a fine of several hundred dollars.

Besides, that law is only enforced if the cops are looking to fuck you over for something else (i.e. they don't like your attitude).

I'm always polite when I deal with cops, even if they've pulled me for speeding. Best case - they give a warning. Worst case, they write me the full ticket, I take it to court, fight it, and it gets reduced to something lesser.

>mfw work for the city and know where all the local cops live
>have all of their personal information about them and their families

>live in small, white town
>last Thursday local deputy pulls me over because I have a burnt out taillight
>has a screwdriver kit in his car and we change it together while talking about guns
>invites me to his BBQ tonight
>picked up some cheesecake from local bakery and leaving in an hour

Got pulled over twice before. Both times by the sheriff that gave me a warning on a rolling stop at a stop sign and for going 55 in a 40. Feels good being in a small, homogeneous town that only needs 2 police officers. I don't even lock my truck or my front door.

>move to Ohio
>shitty laws for traffic
>cops don't even do their job as far as anything OTHER than traffic control
>they set up speed cams right where speed limit changes from 65 to 55 for a short portion of the road
>get ticket 4 times in the span of 2 days, (once going to work and once going home)
>each infraction worth $125
>fight it end up winning because the distance from the picture was closer than the allowed distance for traffic camera from the speed change and judge didn't want to send someone to prove me wrong

Speed cameras should be illegal. If you're going to fine someone you need to pull them over and let them know. If I would've gotten pulled over in that spot I would've made a mental to note to speed on that stretch of road.

This happened to me last year. Driving on 404 going about 125.

Pack of cars ahead of me in both right and left lanes doing at least 130-150, figure I'm safe.

Truck flies past me on the right, then jumps in front of me doing about 140. Disco lights a few seconds later, truck floors it and takes off. I take my normal exit, cop decides to follow me.

>YOU TRYIN TO GET AWAY FROM ME OR SOMETHIN BOY?
>YOU AIN'T GONNA WIN A RACE AGAINST A POLICE CAR, TRUST ME
>PAPERS, NOW!
>(already had papers in hand for him before he started rant)
>goes back to his car
>dicks around for 10 minutes
>comes back, tells me I was doing 145 in a 100 zone, tells me I could've almost lost my license
>tell him I wasn't going that fast
>he asks me how fast I was going
>tell him not 145, not going to admit to committing a violation like he wants me to
>he gets visibly upset, tells me he's not negotiating a ticket on the side of the road
>ask him how I can contest the ticket
>makes him even angrier
>asks me if I want more tickets
>wat.mp3
>he literally gives a smug smile and says "DIDN'T THINK SO"

Reached over and turned off cellphone recording entire thing. Going to court in a few months for this, have dashcam footage with speedo reading too. Lazy pig read the truck in front of me, but took me because he thought it would be easier.

Seriously I know it's "not all cops etc.", but fuck the police lately. Fuck them all. Fucking losers, it's really becoming apparent how many of them are just dipshit jocks who barely finished college and wanted a job to powertrip. I used to think that was a meme, but it's not.

>it's illegal to have a burnt out taillight in your state

lol what kind of cuck shit it is, most places you only need to have 1 functioning rear brake light, if you have 3 that means 2 of them can be fucked

You'll get be dealing with even more shit when you rear end someone

That's bullshit, the fine should be higher and they should throw in some demerit points as well

>he problem isn't the law itself. The problem is that the law is an easy tax grab

In the state of Washington the insurance companies have made it a law similar to DUI. it is considered a EDUI and carries the same weight as if you were actually drunk on insurance rates. be lucky it's only a money making tax grab for you just north of our border.

>ur essential truck part is slightly blocking ur license plate citizen

only thing i'll be rear-ending is that qtpie on the tire

Not getting cited or at least warned for broken lights is a safe sign you're from the third world.

If you're getting pulled over for a DUI that means you were already driving erratically

It's actually like 368 dollars plus 4 demerit points that turn into 520 dollars.

I live in Ontario and it's not illegal to have a burnt out light. Same law, you just need one working brake light.

Having laws that allow cops you suspend your most basic liberties because a tiny fuckin lightbulb burned out while you were driving is a sure sign you live in a police state.

Thinking your freedom to have burnt out lightbulbs is more important than the traffic safety of public roads is a sure sign the bone bowl behind your eyes is fucking empty.

Cops go fishing on Friday/Saturday nights. They look for minor infractions like 5kmh over the limit, failing to signal at a turn, etc.

Once they can justify pulling you over, they're entitled to start fishing for other infractions. Suddenly they now smell alcohol on your breath, and need to perform a roadside test. They drag you out of the car, make you walk a line, increase the likelihood you'll do something that can be defined as "non-compliance", giving them justification to arrest you and search your vehicle. More fishing.

I'm not some edgy BLM antifa faggot, but you really need to understand how some of these dickwads think. This is how they get their jollies, not ever cop is some honest defender of freedom. They do have quotas to meet, and it's THEIR ass if they can't write a certain number of tickets and affect a certain number of arrests/lay charges in a month. They're just following orders at the end of the day, but that doesn't mean they don't also enjoy it.

Don't ever give them a reason to pull you over. Always signal, always fully stop, and if you're in a "deserted" area, it's all the more reason to watch your speed. I can't even count how many times I've been taking a seemingly empty road and I pass some fuckin cruiser parked in the dark on the side of the road, some little shit inside running radar.

Waiting til the end of April when the company issues our bonsues, I figure $3,000 should be more than enough to get a good radar detector. Just have to find a way to conceal it.

>physically challenged Amerimutt can't determine a vehicle in front of him is slowing down unless it has a minimum of two red lights
>one red light and he just rams right into them

lol retard

First of all maybe you shouldn't violate traffic laws if you're intoxicated to begin with. Why do you think it's okay to not indicate, sober or not? Secondly walking the line isn't a thing anymore.

The only reason cars have multiple brake lights nowadays is to increase the likelihood of being seen in case one of them is obscured for example by following traffic.

>at night
>car has one brake light
>it's obscured by following vehicle that doesn't brake for whatever reason
>following traffic unaware that anyone's braking
>crash into them

You euro's and ausfats are the ones that need amber turn signals and rear fog lights and shit. Were intelligent enough here to understand a 2 light system.

Well at least you guys banned guns and stopped all murders.

Work on your reading comprehension you mong. No one said it was OK to do any of those things, and no one was trying to justify drunk driving. You should always drive properly, that was the point. Don't GIVE them an excuse to pull you over - drive well all the time, whether you've had one beer or not. You can have a drink, not be drunk, drive perfectly fine, but if they run a BAC test and you hit over the number you're going to jail. Don't give them any legal reason to pull you over, and you'll be fine.

Frankly there are people who can have 5-6 beers and still drive fine. I don't agree with it at all, it's irresponsible, but they're probably less of a danger than some ditzy chink playing Candy Crush Saga at 120mph.

So what's the difference between someone 3 cars back not seeing your lower brake lights because of the car in front, as opposed to it being burnt out?

This is why non-thirld world countries don't criminalize a burnt out lightbulb. They recognize it's possible that they might not always be visible, so as long as you have ONE that is, it's fine.

How closely are you following other cars anyways? Leave a few car lengths.

So drive like a rational adult and you won't get pulled over? Who ever would have guessed?

just an fyi, not a euro or an ausfat and amber turn signals are 10x better

nothing looks more poverty-tier than some shitbox domestic with flashing red turn signals and brake lights, it's the hallmark of a poorfag

drive.com.au/motor-news/the-road-rules-you-didnt-know-20120817-24bzf.html

>So drive like a rational adult

You say that like it DOESN'T need mentioning on this board.

Remember where you are.

>cant put down phone for 30 minutes
fucking junkies.

What the fuck

>and the deterrent worked fine
No. It didn't.

Should be higher desu

>LIMB PROTRUDE

Australia confirmed 10x more cucked than Canada, and we have a literal cuck for a Prime Minister. Holy shit.

Then why do all the $150k USDM German luxury cars run stop/tail/turn combos here? Hmm too intelligent for automatics yet you need your lights color coded like a little on the spectrum child.

I know i was simplifying for seppos

because 3 colors is too confusing for americans, if they saw red, clear, and amber they'd probably have a stroke and drive into a wall

Wow. Washington state actually got something right.

US DOT studies have shown cars with amber indicators to have far lower rates of being involved in accidents. Red indicators, worse yet combined with brake lights, are plainly dangerous, period.

>just an fyi, not a euro or an ausfat and amber turn signals are 10x better
I agree with you, but my E550 has red rear turn indicators. I would buy ECE rear housings if it wasn't $600 US for the pair.

It makes me sad that you have a point

Good. Keep your eyes on the road faggot.

I like how they decided to have a guardrail 10 feet ahead, and 10 feet behind, but that fucking dropoff needed to be left WIDE OPEN with no rail.

It's like they knew furry faggots would come along and kill themselves every so often.

Reminder that pic is Canadian

Reminder that it's American, hence the sign above his fat head that reads "FLINT, MI"

lol fucking dumb burgerclap

Make it darker
>T.lives in flint

lol sorry for your existence

but that pic is definitely from Flint, it's like 50% nigs and 50% white trash welfare recipients

Fuck, this happened to me. Driving down 69/400 doing about 130, average traffic speed was 140. Cop flies by me, puts his light on, and pulls me over. $200 ticket for driving "over the limit", even though the fucking COP was going faster.

It's the stupidest shit.

>stopped at my red light
>see cop walk up to my car
>we both know that i wasn't looking at my phone because i made eye contact with him the moment my car came to a stop
>he gives me a ticket for having my phone out in the open, even if my wallet was on top of it covering the screen
yeah fuck BC, your phone has to be in your pocket or stuffed inside the glove compartment because otherwise you're guilty of possibly having used it during driving.

that's retarded, i put my phone in my cup holder all the time.

>it's like 50% nigs and 50% white trash welfare recipients
so thats why they haven't fixed the water yet

well duh Satan, who gives a shit about either of those groups

lol lucky. In Australia cops can pull anyone over without reasons for the purpose of a random breath test

That's because half you cunts come home half cut.

>sucking cop ass for a burnt headlight
Holy fucking shit I'm yuropean and I'm laughing at you. You should feel ashamed.

Remember, touching your phone in the car is illegal, but controlling every function of your car with this is totally fine.

Lmao this
>me, great motorist in well maintained vehicle checks time on phone
Gets raped by law
>old boomer with giant shitbox + caravan reading a map or trying to operate a GPS unit with no success
All good
>disgusting single mother roastie in falling apart, unsafe for everyone else on the road suv screaming at kids and trying to eat her McDonald's
All good

>why are canadian cops such assholes?
Cops enforcing laws are not assholes. Your problem is with the law's existence in the first place. You should have paid more attention when the proposals were made and comments were sought. In my state, those discussions went on for 2 years before the DUI-E law was passed for phone use while driving.

People who don't care about the passage of laws end up getting the laws they "deserve".

Its more for safety retard

3k is way to much to drop on a radar

>People who don't care about the passage of laws end up getting the laws they "deserve".
so how comes that you still ended up with that bullshit DUI-E law?

Oh yeah i forgot to mention. In all but 1 state of Australia, Merely possessing a radar detector is a $2000 fine and 1 year loss of license. (Yes even if its sitting inside your house in a box unopened)

Plus our cops use lidar (mobile and fixed speed cameras still use radar)

I also forgot to mention, aussie cops hide in forests and trees by hills roads wearing ghillie suits and record peoples going 1kmh over the limit and barley touching the center line.

We also have mobile cameras hidden in camouflage. Also cameras that measure the time it takes to travel between 2 points and fine you with that

>worked fine
I stopped using my phone in the car when the tickets increased. There are too many people looking at their dicks while driving

Fuck driving to Sydney. I hate that fucking time measuring shit

>miss green light
>hold up traffic
>think this is acceptable

you're what's wrong with society you stupid millenial cunt

There's nothing wrong with the water itself, it's just from a more acidic source than it used tobe which strips lead from old ass pipes.
No prize for guessing why niggers had the lion's share of lead issues

Is that a Volvo?

Just blame it on the potholes. I got pulled over for drifting through a corner (even though there wasn't anyone for km's) and I got away with it by saying the pothole made me lose traction.

Because democracy doesn't work as soon as money enters the playing field. You can get your way simply by having more money than the opposition.

>The problem is that the law is an easy tax grab.

So, cheat those bastards out of some tax revenue. Don't fiddle with your phone.

Are you shitting me?

Serious

jesus fuck