/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Last Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: what's the point?
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Aug 21] rpwng, a new userland exploit for use with RPG Maker Player on 11.5 firmware was released. mrnbayoh.github.io/rpwng/
-A 11.5 entrypoint for Flipnote Studio 3D has also been hinted at. You can get it for free from the My Nintendo service.
[Aug 13] Magnethax released. Requires a DS flashcard. R4i Gold 3DS RTS and Acekard 2i require no additional hardware.

>Switch
Nintendo patched a major with the release of 3.0.1. Set the primary and secondary DNS as 205.166.76.187 to block this update.

>Wii U
[Aug 15] New browser hack method for Wii U on firmware 5.5.2 gbatemp.net/threads/480966
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684

>DSi
[Aug 2] ugopwn leaked. >Vita
[Aug 14] MLTActivator: activate your PS Vita offline wololo.net/2017/08/14/mltactivator-activate-ps-vita-offline/
[Jul 29] Vita online activation no longer works on 3.60, if you haven't activated it Adrenaline will NOT work. gist.github.com/yifanlu/c4cc12d3f1ccaebbf1846b84a69a4bfb
[Jul 29] HENkaku Enso got released. enso.henkaku.xyz/

>PS4
[Aug 3] 4.73 released, blocks MTX Key, ban reports on shared piracy accounts. wololo.net/2017/08/03/ps4-firmware-4-73-released-blocks-mtx-key-ban-reports-shared-piracy-accounts/

Other urls found in this thread:

jxd.hk/portfolio-items/s192/
arctablet.com/blog/forum/crewrktablets-rk3188-entwicklung-customroms-development-croms/jxd-s7800b-gamepad-8gb-kitkat-stock-rom/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS#Backward_compatibility
nvidiashieldzone.com/shield-android-tv/android-6-marshmallow/nvidia-shield-tv-16gb-root-m/
howtogeek.com/232726/how-to-install-the-google-play-store-on-your-amazon-fire-tablet/
s-config.com/root-the-ouya-google-play/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nth for DS rom loading from SD is worthless

>THE MOST ADVANCED MOBILE CHIP

>THE NVIDIA® TEGRA K1, THE KEPLER GPU WITH 192 CUDA® CORES

>The 2GHz quad-core Tegra K1 system on a chip, contains the most advanced Kepler based mobile GPU. Supporting Open GL 4.4, Open GL ES 3.1 and improved tessellation, immersive gaming has never been more possible, than with the JXD S192.

jxd.hk/portfolio-items/s192/

b-but muh ndma

>immersive gaming
>when it's literally android store shovelware

man if only the grips extended a tiny bit father this thing would have been perfect.

can I hack this?

>android shovelware
>plays even psp emulators without issue.

But go ahead, spend that money on a 3ds that cant even play snes.

>/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

fuck off with that shit already
filtered

yeah, so why can't you hack a android tablet to run homebrew?

Is hacking specific to consoles only?

android tablets use internal sd cards so they are slower than spinning harddrives.

>Homebrew is a term frequently applied to video games or other software produced by consumers to target proprietary hardware platforms (usually with hardware restrictions) not typically user-programmable or that use proprietary storage methods.

uh huh - and rooting and sideloading android market or emulators on a gaming that isn't capable of it out of the box sounds just like that.

Is it possible that B9S Installer wipes your entire NAND clean? If not, what else could it be?

Rooting and sideloading are supported for development purposes.

no rooting is not needed for dev. In fact you can't even root most marshmallow devices anymore. For these JXD handheld though you need to hack it to install CWM - which most people have done on other JXD gaming devices.

arctablet.com/blog/forum/crewrktablets-rk3188-entwicklung-customroms-development-croms/jxd-s7800b-gamepad-8gb-kitkat-stock-rom/

I've heard that the N3DSXL is dogshit because it stretches the resolution to fit the bigger screen and thus makes both DS and 3DS games (specially DS games) look even worse, is this true? And if it's true is it still worth buying if i can't find a normal sized N3DS? I want to get one and a flashcard for all those free 3DS/DS/GBA/SNES games and i've looked everywhere for a normal N3DS but all i can find are N3DSXL and O3DS, not even pawnshops have it.

the 3ds is just in general dogshit - and cannot play SNES decent.

If you are looking for retro gaming, you should look elsewhere.

Yeah it stretches the res because the screen is physically bigger. You can play ds games in native though by holding start and select

Mate do you seriously have nothing better to do? The tegra gamepad thingie is like 600 dollars anyway, even the first gen tegras still go for 250 dollars.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_3DS#Backward_compatibility

"If the user holds down the START or SELECT buttons upon launching Nintendo DS software, the emulated screens will be displayed in Nintendo DS's native resolution, albeit smaller with black borders. On the Nintendo 3DS XL, this method yields a viewing size for DS games similar to their native sizes (due to the larger screen size of the XL), unlike on the original 3DS models, where the games appear to be shrunk."

best to get XL for DS games

best to get a ds lite, for ds games

Actually I know a good place for that.

the poster wants to play 3DS games too

yeah fuck off with asking about the 3ds playing gba/nes/snes.

/hbg/ is more knowledgeable about the 3DS, people asking about GBA/NES/SNES injection are right to ask here because it involves hacking the system.

Did all public friend code seeds get banned again?

Has anyone here used the taco activator for their vita? Can you still use online services not related to sony or do you have to completely disable wifi?

I don't have a master list of every single public seed, do you?

Question, the single system method for ntrboot says it will trash cards that aren't ak2i but the guide says you can use this method on any of the listed cards and it's still recoverable.

So which is it?

Should I just flash the card using godmode9 on my O3DS? I know that method allows you to recover the card.

but he was specifically asking about free games that require emulation. doesnt belong here. fuck off.

I think I'm using the one provided in here after the last banwave.

do i sell my vita or use it for homebrew

Sell it to me.

you need to hack the 3DS to emulate free games, it belongs here

I'm pretty sure all online services on the vita requires connecting to PSN and going online with the mexican activator is a guaranteed ban

We've gone over this a few times but due to someone who can't let it lie, it's probably worth mentioning again.
Yes, O3DS and N3DS can run GBA at full speed via injections. N3DS also has a few emulators that can almost kind of run GBA okay.
NES and SNES run fine with retroarch cores, I use FCEUmm and SNES9X 2005, though I believe there are better emulators now.
Using a flashcart is a viable solution for DS games, running them pretty much natively.

only up till the hacking part. once you ask about playing games or mention roms you need to fuck off.

we can tell them to read the OP 3DS pastebin has all the information about running roms

we don't have to send anymore to emugen for that

nope - thats emulation. fuck off out of my general with that.

Actually, emulators on consoles are quintessential homebrew, so discussing them here is fine. When you start to bring other stuff like PC or Android into it though, it becomes an /emugen/ topic.

sorry but running emulators on android is quintessential homebrew, so disccuing them here is fine.

In fact, the switch is an arm and a tegra exactly like the nvidia shield - so discussing cross compiling binaries and applications on android and the dev enviroment needed are identical to the process we will need to do on the switch. We will just need a few more NDKs in our toolchain

It's not your general, people have been discussing emulators/roms in here since it was Gateway general.

>emulators on consoles are quintessential homebrew
>When you start to bring other stuff like PC or Android into it though, it becomes an /emugen/ topic.
this

>no qt vita plugins have been released in a very long time
I want some good/useful. Could someone recommend the top 5 best vita plugins?

the shit that has been released for PSTV for camera and motion is top comfy

Then switch emulators will need to go to emugen too, because it will likely use the same arm emulators android does - just cross compiled.

The Switch is a console.

You need to hack the switch to use emulators, as such it's an /hbg/ topic
You do not need to hack an android phone or tablet to use emulators, it's not an /hbg/ topic

oclock - under/overclock your vita
vitabright - lets you set the screen brightness even lower for OLED models
vitastick - turn your vita into a PC gamepad
vitabattery - displays battery meter as a percentage
framerate meter - displays the framerate in games

and so is the nvidia shield.

and so is my mobile phone hooked up to my tv with a bluetooth 8bitdo controller.

What's the dildo for?

Android is by definition not homebrew. Switch does not run Android.

You do need to hack it to sideload CWM, or you cannot sideload apps on this handheld.
If you need to run a CUSTOM BOOTLOADER AND RECOVERY, thats homebrew.

In fact, here is the link

runs freebsd

looks great for pstv, but i'm using the handheld. thanks anyway.
have all minus the vitastick. was hoping something new may have released that I missed. hoping for a plug that does internal game recording, and not the bullshit moon streaming.

you don't need to hack that, and it's not a real console

please take that discussion to:
or maybe emugen

What else is it for? Tf?

vita games already use up most of the RAM available, don't expect any game recording plugins unless it's for low spec indie games.

you do need to hack it
nvidiashieldzone.com/shield-android-tv/android-6-marshmallow/nvidia-shield-tv-16gb-root-m/

and it is a console.

I understand that you need to hack some shit to make a specific Android device run whatever you want. That doesn't make Android development the same as Homebrew development.
If you want to discuss fucking around with your gp2x or a shield or whatever then you can ask about it here, but don't spam the thread when people are clearly more interested in other systems.

and don't spam the thread talking about roms or playing them on other systems either.

It isn't the topic of this thread.

The consoles talked about in here actually have exclusives, that is an emulation machine.

user I don't think you understand how android works. You don't need root permissions to sideload apps on standard android devices, and from a few quick searches I'm pretty sure you don't need it on the shield TV either.
Where are you getting this from? Are you an ibabby who thinks every device is as autistically locked down as his?

how is that an emulation machine? tell me all about how Android has no native games?

You can only sideload if you have ADB enabled which some disable in SQLite dbs and you cannot enable directly.

Some android devices (like the shield) do not even include Android Market.

Which custom firmware should I get for the 3ds.
I once read something here about one of the developers stealing your data or something?

>tell me all about how Android has no native games?
Other phones/tablets can play them, we can't bring all discussion of Android games/hardware into this thread, that is more of a /g/ thing.

>Some android devices (like the shield) do not even include Android Market.
If the shield TV didn't include GOOGLE PLAY (it's not called android market and hasn't been since the last decade), what exactly would you do with it? Where would you get games in the first place?
You really have no fucking clue what you're talking about. Please fuck off and educate yourself. Or don't, I don't care, just stop shitting up the thread with your autistic ramblings

luma is fine

So apparently public friend code seeds were nuked on July 19th.

Can anyone give me a hint as to where I can find a replacement?

look around on 3dsiso

The emulators in this case are homebrew apps. Discussion about ROMs is more of an /emugen/ thing but occasionally there are specific issues with a console emulator that won't allow certain games to run, in which case /hbg/ is more likely to know about a solution than /emugen/. When this happens, someone will ask a question and either get a response or get ignored. In the meantime, they continue to look elsewhere and not shit up the general with one person's retarded ramblings about a topic no one cares about.

oh, so tell me all about how FireTVs and other Amazon devices have access to google play.
howtogeek.com/232726/how-to-install-the-google-play-store-on-your-amazon-fire-tablet/

There are other markets that vendors force you in to, you fucking smuck. In fact most devices that arent phones don't even include market keys certified by google in build.prop

Firestick is a great little device for emulation and side loading. Runs Kodi near flawless, and can do a bit of n64.

Love my Firestick.

>shitposts about 3DS, Wii U, SNES emulation, Android
What is his end goal?

I know - its great, but slows down sometimes. Hacking it makes it perfect. I have CWM recovery on mine.

Where the fuck do you think you're going with those goalposts? Put them back.

>This doesn’t even require rooting your Fire Tablet

Congrats you didn't even read the article you linked to make sure it didn't make you look like a retard.

My 3DS won't connect to the internet for some reason. It works for the youtube app just fine but it won't let me download anything from freeshop, use the browser or even update. Anybody know how to fix this? I'm on 1.1.4

School is starting. Got to get it all out at once.

That's a pretty weird problem mate. Does your indicator say internet on the home screen?

Can you brick the 3ds while using magnethax to install cfw if you follow all the steps exactly how they are stated?

>If the shield TV didn't include GOOGLE PLAY (it's not called android market and hasn't been since the last decade), what exactly would you do with it? Where would you get games in the first place?

>doesnt include google play

YOUR MOVING GOALPOSTS

And if you don't root your fucking tablet the goddamn launcher stays running in he background and eats your home button so you cant play any games.

It also uses RAM which the thing is a bit starved for. So you absolutely should root it if you can. Some emulators also need direct access to the framebuffer, which only root allows.

doesnt matter

Why not? Are all software bricks recoverable with magnethax?

The Shield TV and Fire TV are not the same device, nor are they made for the same purpose.
I know this might be a bit too difficult for your tiny brain to understand, but at least try.

Sure and it apparently works in game too I'm not sure what's wrong with it

>Can you brick the 3ds while using magnethax
no, I doubt you could do anything to brick your 3DS anymore

>Are all software bricks recoverable with magnethax?
yea, well maybe not gateway bricks yet

k then - here is the Ouya - and android console gaming console. It also does not include google play.

s-config.com/root-the-ouya-google-play/

I know you are an idiot, but you can atleast try to troll

I sideloaded the Play Store on my Fire stick and it's been a nightmarish experience with Google Play Services shitting the bed on Amazon's shitty Android fork.

ok so hacking a console isn't able to be talked about in homebrew and hacking. Got it.

not the same thing, take it to /v/ or /g/

You are allowed to talk about hacking them, just don't shit up the thread when it's clear that no one cares.

Well that sounds great I always thought you just had a random chance to destroy your 3ds.

The ouya was garbage and a huge failure, one of the reasons being the lack of games. And even then you can install retroarch on it via whatever custom app store it has.

please explain. the exact same emulators that work here will likely be cross compiled to the switch as well once we get a toolchain.

When that happens, we can talk about them in relation to the Switch.

Consoles are defined as something you can walk into a store and buy.

I swear 98% of this is children begging their flavor of the week game doesn't run or runs like shit and spamming about it constantly.

No one comes here to talk about the fucking Ouya or other android shitbox, no one wants to discuss it but you, go to another thread.