Have any of you ever used pic related?

have any of you ever used pic related?

no ive never once used a funnel

it's a funnel that screws in

Fuck no, I line it up do the quick flip and jam it in the hole, any dribbles you miss just smell that much better next time you get the block up to running temps.

No but I should to save those precious milliliters of oil that miss on the initial pour

>t. funnel cuck

They are just a scam that the auto parts industry run on novice DIYers so they can make an extra couple of bucks. They used to be useful when oil came in cans, but those days are long gone.

>someone's not using AMSOIL. No... that's not good. Using a cone too? No... no good

who here wishes you had one but never remembers to buy one

>not Rotella
dropped

I just cut the top of a fucking coke bottle and use that as a funnel.

I like the Motor Trend youtube channel, but Freiburger seems like such an asshole

>rotella

Yea I know. I don't think he really means to but it's his attitude. Assertive?

I have never changed my oil.

I friend of mine changes my oil for me. He said he uses the same oil they use in formula 1. I forget the name of it, but it was something like hyper something. $50, seems like a good deal. Haven't had any issues.

only for coolant. this things pretty good for that

Yes but why take the extra 3 seconds to screw it in when you can use a dollar store funnel and take the second to wipe the dirty oil off the bottom that touches the insides of the engine. If you're doing oil changes on one brand everyday all day or plan to keep your particular car for your entire life they are convienent as you can hold the oil jug with too hands or just put the 1 L containers in the funnel upside down and get every last drop in the engine. If there are valvetrain components or other pieces under the oil fill cap, conventional funnels wobble or rest at an angle which gets annoying but even at the dealerships I've worked at one size does not fit all from a given manufacturer and money is better spent on other tools.

As an apprentice I was going to order one from Mac Tools but at $45 I'd rather put that money into an impact gun, bigger tool box, portable electric drill/driver, ratchets, socket set, multimeter, tool cart, ball peen hammers and so on...

>He overpaid for the meme.

Me too, bus is maintenance-free.

>Not putting T6 5w30/40 in literally everything.
My Miata loves that shit. A gallon and ~16 ounces of T6 with an oversize Mobil 1 or Wix filter and that fucker will run forever. I don't really trust that the Mobil 1 yearly filters actually work at their best for a whole year, but they're very good when changed at normal intervals.

Walmart Supertech synthetic is good stuff too.

Yeah, we've got a few in my shop. They work well, sit in place solid and there's really nothing to break on them so no complaints here. Just make sure you get the one that matches your engine.
I prefer a universal funnel honestly

Same, it's called recycling

Probably just buys the Pennzoil made from gasificated shit

bought this for 2 bucks at wal-mart. wide enough where it dosent sink into the valve cover, however it will not be that stable on valve caps that are not level, easily remedied by holding it with your off hand.

Funnels are a MEME!

These have the extending tip that makes it a lot easier to do without drips. I also punch holes in the bottom of the jug when pouring to make it pour quicker

Red is for oil, yellow is for coolant.

Bro, 1st gen Tacoma's take 5w-30

I dont put t6 but i use a 5w40 oil in my car that specifies 0w20 i dont care what the cap or manual says. I want the engine to last not decrease emissions

Don’t funnels dirty up the oil?

Oil is going to get dirty anyway in the engine

na. I like to get a bit of oil on my manifold. The smell lets me know when the engine is working hard.

Hes also in like fucking Norway, thinner oil in the cold isnt bad.

Wipe your funnels down with isopropyl before you use them. Wipe them dry afterwards and dispose of the oily paper towels properly.