/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Tekken World Tour Announced
tk7.tekken.com/news/tekken-world-tour-announced
>Geese Howard DLC trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=6MK2TKFFtQA
>New Panel Art as Free DLC
gematsu.com/2017/07/tekken-7-teams-renowned-artists-game-panel-art-due-free-dlc-september
>Eliza and Taiko no Tatsujin DLC
siliconera.com/2017/07/28/eliza-taiko-no-tatsujin-dlc-join-tekken-7
>Tekken DLC #1 August 31st Release Date
siliconera.com/2017/08/24/tekken-bowl-joins-tekken-7-august-31-2017/

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0XQUEast_08?t=2027
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

KA

"To beat the bitch made character, you must first become the bitch"

best boi

rate my mains:
josie, asuka, alisa, chloe, katarina

Hellsweep mixups are so fucking retarded.

50/50s are pure yomi and 100% skill based, git gud

>Mains

You should only have ONE MAIN. How the fuck do u MAIN more than 1 character. Just say these are the characters I play.

So we have finally come so full circle that we are starting to complain about things that has been in the game since Tekken 1 have we?
About damn time

I play a character a day just like Knee
They are my mains

Lmaoooo no u can't main more than 1 character buddy. I play more characters than you but I don't """"main""" them.

They are a guessing game and in the mishimas case unreactable. Pure guessing.

I am sorry for you.

I know we shitpost a lot for fun and all but this is by far the most laughable post i have yet to see in these threads.

welcome to fighting games

what's your rank knee?

I'm just watching some anime. One more episode and I'm ready to play on PS4 na. Anyone wanna play in about 30 mins??

small brains you can handle only one characters lmaoo
revered ruler in treasure mode

I have 4 characters in yellow :$

I mean when they are close enough for df2 then Death Fist does 60+ damage off CH and gets good wall carry. The main issue I could see if they are close enough that the qcf dash is risky.

Are 10-strings always launch-punishable, /tekgen/? I was just narrowly beaten by a marauder King who very clearly rode his 10-strings to his current rank. Fucking dirtbag. I wish I had figured it out during the match, that shit took me 5 minutes in practice to learn how to deal with.

Also, does a character's 10-string ever change between entries in the series, or do they pretty much always stay the same?

>tfw cant get out of blues as kazuya
im just gonna end it lads

You do realize that doing a move as a punish doesn't give it counter hit properties.
Like, sure Paul can be played as brain dead one move character, but I'm pretty sure he still has potential for more damage than just a DF's worth.

kings are always the scummiest players

>tekken ranks in the east are all accurate and correlate to skill levels properly

>tekken ranks in the west are meaningless because half the high ranked players are just gimmicking retards who dont even try

lmao

every 10 string is preset. there is no deviation from the the first hit. so if it starts with 1,2, then it will only be that same 10 string every time. if they have another 10 string, then it has to be from a different starting attack. sometimes the attack is completely unique, like jin f+2 starts his 10 string and does absolutely nothing else of worth.

You are right but I'm still new and still feeling out optimal damage. Also what moves are -15, launch punishable, and my opponent well actually use it? The thing is normally moves that minus on block always seem really far away.

Proof?

That's not true, both King's 10 strings start with 1211.
Not that it's hard to differentiate the two
Just low parry him,it's easy once you know the string.

>Also what moves are -15, launch punishable, and my opponent well actually use it?
Some launchers, at least. On higher levels it's probably quite rare, but it's still good to know your frame data.
And speaking of frame data, Paul's df2 is safe on block, which means you can just throw it out pretty safely. Although it might not seem like it, Death Fist is punishable.
Also, I'm bad at properly testing this shit and too lazy to do your homework for you, but it seems to me that DF 2 tracks somewhat on (your) right, unlike death fist.
So overall df2 seems to be more versitale, and less risky move compared to death fist.

there are gimmicky retards and mashers literally everywhere. this is consistent in every fighting game online.

why dont you get more points for beating someone higher rank than you?

I know that, let me rephrase the question. When I ask if 10-strings ever change, I mean between games. Have King's, Hei's, Jin's, etc had the same 10-strings since the PS1 games? Is it common or uncommon to see them change over the years? Basically what I'm trying to find out is whether 10-string knowledge is legacy skill or not, because the idea of characters getting new ones in every game and having to relearn them all sounds really annoying.

I don't understand gimmickfags. I ran into a Ling player in low green ranks with almost a THOUSAND wins who just did the 10 string and a few pre-canned sequences he must have thought were really clever.
After a thousand wins and however many loses you'd they'd get bored or at least actually learn the game.

To discourage boosting

you can just boost for free by savescumming anyway

you tend to forget its just a game
sometimes people play to enjoy it rather than be a competitive cuck

if someone gets boosted to a high rank they'll just plummet straight down anyway
feels really shit beating people in a higher ranked tier than me and get fuckall for it

>And speaking of frame data, Paul's df2 is safe on block, which means you can just throw it out pretty safely.
Did not realize it was safe, often got punished because they beat me with faster moves and it made me think it wasn't that safe.

>Although it might not seem like it, Death Fist is punishable.
Oh trust me I know, I've severely toned down my death fists and I'm winning way now because of it and saving it for punishes mainly or if I wanna create space and know I can get away with it.

>Also, I'm bad at properly testing this shit and too lazy to do your homework for you, but it seems to me that DF 2 tracks somewhat on (your) right, unlike death fist.
Did not know that it tracked, need to test that out. I'm more than well enough aware that death fist can be side stepped trust me.
>So overall df2 seems to be more versitale, and less risky move compared to death fist.
Thanks, I'll try and incorporate it more because my go to is way too often b+1,2 which is nowhere near optimal damage or if I know I'll hit it then Death first. I'll start throwing it out more often when it's safe and add it to my mixups when conditioning them with lows.

Wow, a /tekgen/ OP that actually has a decent drawn picture, nice.

Understand and check your framedata (nessesary links on OP) and check Internet, youtube for example, for resources from people who might actually know something about Paul, unlike me.

Oh, and also df2 doesn't work as low/mid mixup (that well) it only launches from standing.

>always rematch when i lose
>never get rematches when i win
please tell me you rematch when you lose, /tekgen/

only if I feel outplayed
if it was bullshit I don't

If there's lag then absolutely not.

This
I probably seem salty but it was 3 bars on my end, bub.

i rematch until it feels hopeless. at the very least i always do a 2/3 unless they're really laggy.

well yeah thats pretty obvious

i like you
i usually send a message asking for tips in those hopeless situations

the thing about df+1 vs deathfist or most other powerful mids paul has (qcb+2, qcb+1, qcf+3+4, ff+2:1, etc) is that df+2 will only launch on CH or if the opponent is standing. so it's not a mixup tool, it's basically a frame trap/whiff punisher up close. usually you will do something like backdash, df+2 (catch them pushing a short ranged button like most jabs). or sidestep, df+2 (catch any linear move).

for a similar but unsafe tool, there's his shredder kicks/hopkick. same startup, -13 on block, linear (i think), but added low crush and launches no matter what kind of hit. so it's a more committal mixup tool. the thing is, deathfist's speed after inputs is 13f, and the pushback can make it hard to punish, and not mention the speed makes it hard to react in time to actually get the punish, and if they miss their punish, you have an opportunity to punish them instead (assuming they actually tried to punish).

usually i rematch until i can consistently beat the person or they leave

>Come back to Tekken after trying to get that Widowmaker skin
>Win my first match back as Raven
>Alright cool maybe I still-
>Lose every single match afterwards
>Want to switch mains again
>Still new at Tekken in general and don't know who to pick

I HATE THIS FEELING!

I am but it's a gradual process and I still got a long way to go. I'm only now at the point I'm really learning his frame data.

That's a lot of useful insight. I never thought to try ss,df2 but that feels like a good use for it. I'll keep your words in mind.

unironically this I follow the best out of 3 rule so I will rematch either until best out of 3, OR if it's going 1-1 1-1, ect, I will wait until whoever gets 2 wins in a row.
but if I'm being honest, some people just aren't fun to fight so I won't rematch them.

>markman's daughter is in the 11th grade already
how old is that dude wtf

35 or something probably
theres a lot of old ass dudes in the FGC
knee is 30+ i believe
daigo is 36
alex valle is 40+

At least don't be like me and pick Kazuya.
>When you want to switch but have already invested way to much time in the character
I literally have no idea if im even playing this game right because he has so much shit to remember while playing.
I have accpeted that i will only start getting gud at this game in a 2 years time.

PS4 na let's play!!!

Progress is slow and steady

I always do, regardless of lag or obvious skill difference. At worst, I'll stop at a 2/3.
Winquitters/losequitters never prosper.

Give me about 10 minutes and I'll be down for some matches. Currently looking at some of Luffy's matches in that TWT thing. Warning you now I'll be extra bad because I haven't warmed up or anything.

Since the game is locked at 60 FPS does that mean it's pointless to get a 120hz or 144hz monitor?

don't use vsync you get input lag

I haven't either. My psn is love6dawn just send an invite when ur ready I just got on

how do you know he's using vsync?

for tekken, yep
if you play other games at those framerates its worth it imo

fps top left

sup bro invite: WhensTekken7

Alright, sending it now.

isn't that just the ingame show fps function? what does that have to do with vsync

That isn't vsync lmao

vsync will cap your fps to match your monitor framerate (in thsi case 60)
it's either borderless or vsync
holy shit is this already NA time to be this retarded?

the game caps at 60 regardless of vsync

Time for some b1,4 spam boys I hope you're ready.

>Watching guide on a new character
>Everything said person is saying is just going in one ear and coming out the other

What is happening to me?

They're probably not explaining it in an interesting or engaging way to you

>Pick new character
>Watch guides, learn every combo
>Practice until memorised
>Go into ranked
>Works fine until im losing a round, panic, start hammering out strings from previous characters.

Alisa's d+3 is hard wired into my blood man. Anytime Im at that distance my brain just fires it off.

Why does aris have the beard?

Because hes ugly

Currently in the lab trying to optimize my combos. Which characters have bigger hitboxes?

It was pretty bad, I couldn't really hear him over the music and he didn't talk very loud either

I know how that feels

Bears. Jack. Gigas.

I thought bears were supposed to have bad hitboxes?

If I ever buy the game for PC I'll probably make in depth character guides for Lars and Miguel and Steve

They have giant hitboxes and are able to be juggled in ways other characters can't. Their hitbox is wonky though because their legs are not directly below their upper body but instead behind them making certain lows not as sure of hits.

special snowflake

This game sucks for good stance characters

wouldnt that make them bad stance characters?

make one for heihachi

I don't play him well enough to be able to talk about him like I understand him

there was a ton of info about grandpa in the previous thread.

Feng is cheap

t. retard

sorry

My promo , there demo match, just so happens there bars drop and fps starts suffering. Really makes you think doesn't it faggot jin player

Who is not?

Lee

Jack and Gigas are the honest man's characters

youtu.be/0XQUEast_08?t=2027

What the hell is this music in the final round?

when's the best timing to sidestep drag's WR2

My friend and I spent a couple hours just watching the ending movies from previous games, including all the TTT2 ones. My friend has played a couple Tekken games before as a kid but this is my first one.

It really made me appreciate the cast more for the most part and actually think of them as characters rather than functions. I still fucking hate fighting against Law and Paul but at least now I know they're entertaining and endearing outside of the match.

10-strings is retarded bullshit which should have been removed in T5. Harada is a fucking old hack.