/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Horse archers are fags edition

(Looted) thread:

READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Revealed at Gamescom 2017:
youtube.com/watch?v=c_3el4IAevg
youtube.com/watch?v=tv6I-CzZJLU

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/22

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin/the sub-forum

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/ZesXLTP3

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New Modules :
>Modded Hispania 1200
mediafire.com/file/51qiedmuthgm804/Hispania2000_modded.7z
>Custom Troop Trees
moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees/downloads/custom-troop-trees-version-221
>CTT for Dickplomacy+Polygamy Bugfix
mediafire.com/file/ve0jvsucs1a8pgt/Dickplomacy 4.3.0.7b_modified.zip

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!EgI1UCAT!WjL7bVtJPoNcaNJ7kuUEUGFWoBqM2Aq6K-VN51Swmck
youtu.be/9kcwGFWTxpc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Archers and cavs are both a fag class so horse archers are like ultrafags

pls respond

>(Looted) thread:

so this is the absolute state of swadia when harlaus declares me the marshal of the realm out of fucking nowhere.
mind that in this campaign harlaus has been extra annoying, ignoring votes in most issues and generally being random as fuck.

i naturally start an expedition for dhirim to restore our old town borders. harlaus just ignores me.

ah yes, looked over that one.

>He thinks he can take Dhirim when he can't even hold Vyincourd Castle
>laughingforestbandits.jpg

none of the lords that followed me into the expedition supported me. i just had 1 shithole of a village, had the "the one who conquers should get it" advantage, 350 renown and good relations with everyone.

after serious consideration with the lords of the realm, harlaus grants dhirim to harlaus

had peace with the pigfuckers at the time

despite being slightly annoyed, i decided to make the most of the expedition for the good of the realm. i ventured deep into khergit territory and crushed a lot of them without many casualties.

unfortunately, by the time i got that castle i realized that dhirim was besieged. you would expect that harlaus would visit it after granting it to himself, but he just lounged in praven.

How many times have you conquered the whole map and on what mods?

3 times on native

pic related was too fucking much. it's not like i cared, i knew that it wasn't possible to defend it even if i got it, but the message was clear "harlaus if a faggot".

on the meantime dhirim fell. when i went back to reconquer it for the good of the country, the vaegirs got the opportunity and sieged it first (20 men garrison), getting the entire region for free.

never and i played every single fucking mod out there

DIckplo + CTT bugfix repost from last thread
mega.nz/#!EgI1UCAT!WjL7bVtJPoNcaNJ7kuUEUGFWoBqM2Aq6K-VN51Swmck
(I'm not the on that did it)

never on any mod because my autistic trance breaks before the map is complete

So someone pls make a comparison between AD1257 and Medieval Conquest.

I am playing Rising Sun myself right now, but generally I don't like the Japan setting.

I conquered me a Kingdom several times but I never had the stamina to get the full map because damn that just too much slaughtering and its just too exhausting and makes me start a new cozy game.

Most so far was Gekonewer where I conquered like 50% of the map.

same i just get bored before getting anywhere past being a vassal with a castle

>generally I don't like the Japan setting.
Degenerate burn at the stake

and an extra "fuck you" before my service was over. nothing was achieved, all our casualties were for nothing, i was fired and now i will be stuck at 100 controversy for a while.

harlaus declared war on the rhodoks 1 week later.

Medieval conquest is the floris of 1257

>Medieval conquest is the floris of 1257

I've never played Floris. What does it offer?

As someone who unified Japan once I'd say half the map of Gekokujo is a full map on a lot of mods out there including native.

But maybe I'm just biased.

I think it's easier in Gekonewer even the map is bigger.

I was able to take whole cities with only 25 Experienced Ninja.

I enjoy just playing as a mercenary for a bunch of kingdoms while setting up brothels everywhere. It's pretty fun once you make a custom troop of heavy knights with maces to kidnap all the peasants

More content everywhere

>take whole cities with only 25 of X unit
I never tried gekonewer but that sounds like bullshit.

big black slaves

Most of them even survive.
Try it out. Those Ninja are awesome.

>get made marshal
>conquer a major city, 2 castles, end up imprisoning about 7 sarranid lords, there's another 5 or 6 in my castle dungeon too
>okay, i think we've done enough damage, there's no way they can recover from this, i'll resign now, i'll let the AI mop up the rest since the 10 or so outnumbered battles against the enemy lords brought my army from 120 down to about 48
>only gives me 600 denars as a reward

And battle size isn't set to 30-60?

I always refuse marshallship it's such a fucking pain and you lose relation for every little fucking thing that happens.

A peasant dies of heart attack on a village you don't even own? Lose relation with the lord who owns it. So on.

I meant bullshit in the sense that the mod is retarded. I don't doubt you.

medieval conquest is shit, it's just 1257 with an ugly ENB
it was recommended to you in the last thread as a prank

>Didn't update the links

You had one fucking job. Don't make the OP ever again.

marshals are just punching bags for the realm to use whenever something goes wrong.
i hope they change it in bonerlord, overmap strategy is an amazing part of this game.

Once on Diplomacy, once on Silverstag and once on PoP.

shut up faggot its fine

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

What about the Dynasty Warriors mod?

No it fucking isn't. Making the OP is a super simple job and fucking it up means people are now going to be going to the wrong link for dickplo+CTT. If the braindead piece of shit who thought he'd make it doesn't have brain cells to rub together to go through the simple task of checking the OP replies and updating a few links, then adding the old thread, he should either kill himself or just let people who aren't retarded handle the task.

ok

just make it yourself next time d bag

I will if I'm there in time.

Goddamn, why is every mod thread on the official forums organized by absolute retards? Instead of having the mod info + download in a single well organized post, you've got "unique" and "creative" names for info dumps, 18 separate stickied threads, obsolete and beta downloads easier to find than the latest stable version, info threads separate from the download links, no screenshots, fuck's sake.

Every time I get the itch for M&B I'll hop on the forums to check the mods and always get floored by how retarded it all is. It's not like you can't navigate it, it's not THAT hard, it's just that if I spent months creating some project I'd probably also find at least a half hours worth of time to clean up the delivery.

Oh and bonus points for there being a patch for the game that fixes bugs in a mod that is strangely not included in the mod download despite having years to incorporate it, and even more bonus points if the patch is in a separate thread.

I want to play some fantasy right now. Is warsword any good? Or should I go with Perisno?

A S R A I very much related

Never, kingdom management is boring in M&B. I wish it wasn't.

Save Bloat.

CTT user here, still have to make the forum post for my mod which I'll do in the next few weeks, would unironically like to hear your advice (other than super common sense shit) to make it not retarded.

Im autistic take it all with a grain of salt

1. First stickied thread at the top of the board should be "Info + Download", use whatever words you like as long as it's clear and obvious that this is where you go to figure out what the mod is and how to get it. No reason to be in 2 separate threads. If you can, include screenshots, make it look pretty. Show off the new stuff you've added and try to include them in spoilered tabs when they're relevant rather than one huge imagedump spoiler

2. Have one dedicated thread for bug reports and when you release a patch to fix bugs, incorporate it into the main download so nobody has to go searching for it. Have a separate thread for patches so people who already have the whole game don't have to download the whole thing, but make it clear if your main download is up to date or not so people don't waste their time. Put it into the thread title if you can.

3. Any other threads you sticky should be official or organizational in some way. You don't need a separate stickied thread for suggestions or conversation or screenshot sharing (though, the screenshot sharing one isn't so bad to include) because that's what you have the subforum for.

4. Include changelogs in the main thread, spoilered of course to save on space. Changelogs, version info, download and mod info should all be in one thread. Putting download links at the top of the thread can be nice for efficiency too, a nice banner followed by title and download as a subtitle just keeps it all neat - anyone who gets enticed by the mod description knows where to go.

tl;dr version, less is more. Pic related is what drives me up the wall, there's NO reason for that kind of bloat. Additionally, if you've got your own mod vision or only work by yourself/with a small team, don't even include a suggestions box, you wont be able to put them all in and you wont want to either but even giving people the option to get involved is an excuse to piss off autismos.

I don't get it, it's just the same. I mean it's not like you actually have to manage relations and shit when you can just be selective and recruit the lords with 100 relation due to you having high honor.

use the GABRILDURO method
>all thread titles in caps
>nobody is allowed to make new threads, they must post in the 100 stickied threads
>ratings below 5/10 are trolls

Couple smaller bits cuz I ran out of post space:

Always add datestamps to updates. Version numbers can be tricky especially if you're not using a standard numbering system. Version 1.0.2.1239ABkJ./wea1 doesn't help me, but if that version is followed by (8/28/2017) I'll know it's the most recent version.

Pic related is a decent example. They lose a few points for the "creative" titles instead of just keeping shit clear cut and obvious, but because there isn't as much bloat and everything is pretty obvious it's very easy to navigate. Really its all no-brainer shit but it feels like 90% of the mods on the forums don't bother with proper organization/formatting.

Forgot pic.

why is F&S so boring?

This x1000

How do I fuck companions in dickplomacy? Ymira refuses to open her legs and I don't know how to raise her relationship points.

thot playing "Bannerlord II"
youtu.be/9kcwGFWTxpc

Tips for playing as Baccus in PoP?

anybody up for a raid?

What mod, looks like some kind of tld graphics upgrade

I'm posting The Humungus, The Lord Humungus, The Warrior of the Wasteland, The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla in honour of the original Humungus poster until we get a good post-apocalyptic mod.

>tfw lost duel for lady

Good luck searching, Huge-Mungus.

What about that Dynasty Warrior zombie mod?

blood in the west
it's pretty shit.

>the vaegirs got the opportunity and sieged it first (20 men garrison), getting the entire region for free
Now I know how zhou yu felt when liu bei stole Jing from him

What about the zombie mod?

>thinks he's arguing with one person
>gets baited into downloading the worst medieval mod
Top fucking kek you can't make this shit up

Is it? Why's that?

(You)

>still replying

I gave my word.

Did I see an enemy kicking? noice.

Bannerlord took so long they are just going to release bannelord 2 already.

>Genghis Khan wants me to be marshall
>we are not even at war with anyone
What the fuck, what happens if I accept? We don't have anyone to fight against.

I couldnt dick her until I had around 20 CHA and 800 Renown. She had 0 relationship points

you can go to Genghis Khan and suggest declaring war on a faction of your choosing. he will most likely agree since you are the marshall

Jokes is jokes, but play 1257 with anons submod, it's much better than MC, seriously.
There will be. Don't do it.

nth for representing the HEMA community and looking for better animations.
Also looking forward to functional Rapiers in Bannerlord.

i mean it can fixed & polished like
>not assembling the fellowship of the ring into your party
>not doing what swc did & assign a faction for you
>fix the genders
>not make the archers ww1 maxim guns shooting all the orcs in no mans land

Last Days of the Third Age is good. Has some side quests that are unfinished but otherwise pretty good.

Perisno is just a mod compilation set in a generic low-fantasy setting with giants. Otherwise it's pretty well made overall.

Prophesy of Pendor (or PooP) is somewhat similar to Perisno, but with much more original content. Some people complain about it's grinding and sort-of railroaded 'Prophesy'.

Chronicles of Might and Magic has a really fun Magic system and 'dungeons' that lets you destroy whole armies by yourself if you become strong enough by spellcasing or with mere stat bonuses. The mods is really uninished and neeeds alot of polish other wise.

Another mod with a magic system is Phantasy Calradia, which is basically a high-fantasy version of the vanilla Calradia. Some of the assets are wonky, but the magic system is fun. it also has a cleric/paladin Faith system which I havent tried yet.

There's Undead Calradia with is a mod by some user which basically makes it so you can't recruit units from villages but instead get the troops you kill in the battle field as undead, which won't be knocked out but killed.

Warsword is eh. Has alot of variety but requires alot of polish.

There's other fantasy mods which I can't remember as well. There's one with a magic system some Anons really like.

>Last Days of the Third Age
Man I remember playing a lord of the rings mode called last days back in two thousand and fucking eight. I don't think there even was warband back then.

That fucking mod still exists?

Last Days is breddy good. It was originally for M&B But it was ported to Warband.

Latest version is on Steam Workshop.

There's also Blood in the West. Don't know how the two mods compare to each other.

>Phantasy Calradia

I wanted to love this mod but every battle felt like whoever had the most wizards would win. Sieges were a joke, just line up necros and watch millions of guys get nuked to death, every other unit in either side of the fight was just decoration. Felt really lame and unbalanced, unless they've changed this since then.

Pretty much.

CoMM is similar. Wizards and Spellcasters are just pretty OP in most settings.

See

Good post, thanks bro.

Ok.
Freelancing in AD1259 ia broken.
I took a little leave to sell the stuff and returned to my Lord.
Back in his Army the Quest to reenlist didn't triggered and remained. Now I get less monies and no promotions anymore.

>I've got an update coming for the main version of CTT
when do you think the update will be ready?

what lord?

You sound like a man of true culture. Its also worth mentioning that Zhou Yu was in a grueling year long siege against Cao Ren while this was happening. So basically Zhou Yu had to fight the blunt of Wei solo while Liu Bei spent the time gobbling Jing province with relatively no resistance.

Eberhard. Deutscher Orden dude.

I partake in Crusades and wanted to become a Deutschritter.

Now I left his Army and can't reenlist. :(

>playing PoP
>ominous music
>WELCOME

Unless you are committed to helping a faction win the map being Marshal is a waste. Best way to be a vassal is to conquer a castle or town yourself and then swear fealty immediately afterwards to use the faction as a political shield if you are too weak to defend yourself.

Take these bitter lessons to heart and plot your ascension