/arena/ - Arena FPS General

Underrated AFPS edition

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

Pastebin with download links for FREE GAMES: pastebin.com/NzQifF9b

youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtube.com/watch?v=f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=n2tdDZWSGy4
youtube.com/watch?v=dkED2PSrl1c

Teleporter to previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/egcyby.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
my.mixtape.moe/gltqhu.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

HUUH

Fucked up previous thread link

>literally the only game being discussed is quake champions
>lets use warsow and ut as the op pic like 4 times in a row

lol

>he isn't supporting QC
>he literally wants our last chance at an alive AFPS to die
what the fuck is your problem

TODAY I WILL REMIND THEM
my.mixtape.moe/egcyby.webm

Nth for big fat sweaty musky Slash cock down your throat, up your ass, across your face and on your mind.

Ok back on topic. I'm not saying BJ Ranger or DoomGuy Are related on any way. But I think they can string the universe's together if they play their cards right. Also the strogg war can take place in the far future.

The id cinematic universe

Nth for stinky lizard cloaca

>trying to come up with manageable lore for guest characters
why?

Am I the only one who can't find a game on QC right now? Been in queue for like 20 minutes, resetting at the 7 minute mark and I still can't find shit.

I had the same problem. Turns out I needed an update. Check for that.

what gamemode

It would be impossible to do so with all the major events that occur in each respective timeline. Don't get me wrong I would love to see an Anime/cartoon series about Doomguy unffing affirmative or negative while BJ and Ranger banter about who is older, all the while trying to escape from tween realms and get back to their own timelines. Maybe something like Archer if it's going to be a cartoon or Gainax if Anime.

dude D64 is canon due to the fact that he stayed in hell, and 2016 came to happen.

as for Quake

>Quake 1 is its own thing 70's earth with retro looking computers from the 50's and 60's, something akin to Fallout
>Strogg Quake Timeline has ETQW in 2055, almost 200 years of terran rebuild and reverse engineered of Strogg technology, mankind colonizes the sol system until the strogg strikes back, Quake 2 and later Quake 4 in 2245

>lorefags in quake

Oh shit I think this worked. Thanks for the heads up. Bethesda's game client is absolute trash that they need to fix before they attempt fixing this game.

We talk a lot about what characters we want to return, but what kind of newcomers do you want to see? Personally I want a Mummy

>play DM have a really fun time
>feel mentally exhausted after 3 matches

A mommy.

Hahaha
yeeeah

i just want a clown character
i know there was a clown character in quake 3 but im not saying it HAS to be him even though i really like him i just want to frag and look funny while doing it

Viper pls go and stay go

does anyone know that if you get quake champions on steam, do you have an opportunity to link it to your bethesda account and thus keep your unlocks, or do you have to start anew?

Dovahkiin
It started as a joke but the idea of a character with an active that could force someone away (his shout) seems interesting. Maybe it could even do some damage if you throw them into a wall.

You have to link it I think.

Lucy WHEN

yeah, and if you refund after that you can play for free with everything you've unlocked before, every champ unlocked, and you get a few jewboxes.

Never. Stop forcing that hamplanet down our throats.
Fat people need to stay out of the media. Fat is disgusting.

a slutty amazonian warrior lady

aim I think mostly.
everyone else seems impossibly good.
ranger because hes the only one available

Hunter is only slutty by the standards of a non-tribal.

youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs

most top scorers are the guys that practice practice practice

also a 144hz monitor will help you greatly

>also a 144hz monitor will help you greatly
LOL

incomplete custom weapon skin showcase in case you missed it:
my.mixtape.moe/gltqhu.webm
doom 2 super shotgun, q1 super nailgun, rocket launcher, thunderbolt, q2 railgun
Will update tomorrow with Q1 machinegun, and hopefully Q3 gauntlet and Q1 nailgun sometime in the future
Don't think anyone cares about the tribolt reskin

that's actually pretty dark

Someone's just mad from getting repeatedly killed by Lucy/Angel in Q3A.

what are you, poor?
the input delay from a 60 to a 144hz is game
changing as fuck

Shit I might have to buy a couple of those now

Retard. The refresh rate has nothing to do with input delay.

HA HA HA, YEAH!

i got the tribolt skin, but scrapped it
it just looks a little different and hasthis minigun thing going where the barrels rotate

It does insofar as how long it takes for the effects of an input to display.

Anyone here got Midair?

>i got the tribolt skin, but scrapped it
All those wasted shards.

Lemme know when it's playable

debating buying it but i gotta git gud at tribes again

> tribolt

i'd say wait for it because it's gona be a f2p game

never

>not getting lore from duel and them quiting

Right now :)

Someone said that they disabled some of the logging shit with this patch but I doubt they've made it any more playable.

>quake fans on Veeky Forums are a bunch of autistic furries who want dicks shoved up their hairy assholes

Way to ruin something special

>Vase Breaking Simulator

Who this and why the botox lips

Honestly you can fuck off if you do this. Play the fucking game you stupid retard.

It seems to have actually made it LESS playable, since they seem to have somehow fucked the lg up.

At least it seems like they're addressing it. I want to play it so bad but with the FPS bullshit and no bots, its unplayable for me. Maybe it'll be fixed sooner than I expected, but until then I'll stick with UT04

> have to quit game to exit lobby that is stuck on never finding a player

>something special
with the lady?

Fucking defend this shit QC SJWs

Really fun but fucking garbage netcode

this tbqh

getting the lore by breaking pots is retarded tho. I've found 1 in 30 games by accident, I just want to frag. Just give me the lore by playing the game for fucks sake. at this rate I'll never get the skins even if I play 1000 hours

>it's an enemy team is 3/4ths sorlags episode

thats me

Mandela xDD

I do it in Deathmatch, not in duel, so I'm not being a dick to a single player who just wants to play.

reposting from /vr/.

do we have a name yet? fuck

Because Nyx has botox lips.

I'll take sorlag over niggerki any day

I want Slash's dick down my throat, not up my ass, you mong.

that info- wherever it came from- is wrong
sorlag was always female in game, both in chat lines and in bot gender
one of the bot chatlines from the q3a betas is even "sorlag was always female"

user.

>1200 in game

>start duel
>rush anarki lg all day erry day
>all 3 rounds are finished quicker than the next mega/ra spawn rotation
Matchmaking when?

haha time 4 some quake!

Fucking miracle all things considered

yes?

> dodge rocket
> take 100 damage
> enemy fires rail 6 feet to my left
> i lose 80 health
this is not 30 ping

I can imagine how frustrating it must be to spend 10+ years mastering a craft and then the developers decide they want to remove all strategic elements from their next big game so you never win the big prize money shit and instead 19 year olds with 60% LG dominate you.

>(presumed)

In the presence of an "it" obituary, Sorlag specifically gets a "her" ingame. The whole character is making a point of how alien the Q3A roster is.

>chase sorlag through teleporter
>get fucked on the other side

he didn't play his best tbqh

>th-this must be the work of an enemy Stand!

Is that an JoAnarki reference?

>developers decide they want to remove all strategic elements
Yeah adding new layers like character choice and ability usage is really removing strategy. Fucking brainlets can't adapt

The LG lighting bloom seems a bit excessive if i'm being totally honest with you guys
Is there a way to not have the LG melt my eyeballs in the config?

UNLEASH THE POWER OF THE SUN

if he hadn't dropped Quake for Overwatch he probably would have won

There's not much choice considering everyone uses the same 3-4 champions. Also you're out of touch with reality if you think this game is anywhere as strategic as VQ3/QL. If a random CS:GO player was seconds from knocking out the most intelligent quake player of all time isn't proof, I don't know what is.

Why does Anarki ask 'guess who's back to deal a whoopin?' When did he ever leave?

Rapha will never have the same success in QC as he did In QL, and honestly I have serious doubts he will even place top 4 regularly. You can't plan ahead in this game, all short term combat outcomes.

It wasn't always like this user...

Nice to see we still have nice OC though.

How do I stop getting raped