>Drac hordes more cars than a pimp hordes hoes
>79scbro cholos his shit out
>spoonfeedme ostensibly has a harem of corvairs
>moparts is looking for mo moparts
>matte79ta discovers a fire hazard
>Cutlass continues to be a wizard of all things GM
>luxnip bangs his head against a literal wall of gears for a god damn month

Incoming pasta:

>Cars are considered classic at 25 years old, but a vehicle really needs that certain something, to be classic.

>Everybody has their own taste, enter if it's of age or rarity.

>Post your classic, your work on it, your hackery, and get advice.

>Any and all discussion about classics welcome, but may not necessarily generate responses, don't get butthurt.

>Any and all classics welcome regardless of nationality.

>Performance > Cosmetics

>Classic shitbox > modern shitbox.

>It's perfectly fine to use RTV. Ignore the haters.

>If you see rust there is probably more.

>rust and bodywork are by far the most difficult thing to repair.

>Electrical work is second most difficult.

>Do NOT buy a classic and plan to pay somebody to work on it. You need to be able to do 90% or greater of the work or you will go broke.

>You will inevitably spend twice your budget, no exceptions unless you mint your own hash coins

Other urls found in this thread:

houston.craigslist.org/cto/d/1984-nissan-datsun-300zx/6486106607.html
pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/d/1969-barracuda-fastback/6502678322.html
youtu.be/PRwZqJU_9_Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Holy fucking shit I love that car. I wish I could drive such a thing in Europe.

Heh. I like this.

Plus amazing pic.
Do yall just pull over and snap pictues? I guess i need to go on more pointless trips out of town.

And, technically, I'm hoarding pimp cars.

I just lost all my pics, new phjone who dis

It belongs to some user who posts in here intermittently. Maybe he'll show up. It's a favorite of mine as well.

Pic related is what I roll in.

That's typically what I do.

Shit, you may be for all we know.
>the ever elusive, enegmatic drac

Especially sucks since I took the camaro out last night and had a great time tearing it up and then took a bunch of pics after

I do have the suit for it...

How did you lose your phone?

Top KEK. Please pose in it next to the caddy.

Anybody have link to brevious bread? I lost it.

Sorry for tripple post, but has anybody thought of setting up a discord for ccg? And what exactly is it? Some sort of instant messaging service, I presume?

Even took a photo to use for reactions; different skeletons, though. The one on the stand is a medical-grade example, but the poseable one is for fun.

When did they stop using plastic fuel tanks
I want a classic-er classic (my current car is '90 BMW E30) but I won't touch anything that can explode à la group B with a ten foot pole

Old phone speakers died. Fucked me hardcore when my alarm "went off" or didn't o should say. I downloaded the backup though so I'm good now

wot

Please don't, there's literally no point.

Plastic fuel tank when it breaks the car explodes in fiery explosion
Now they use rubber, I think they switched sometime in the 70s idk

Pinto is the car for you

But seriously what?

I already explained it you retarded fucking tripfags. Go back to gaia online

Drac delivers

Where did you guys get your skeletons?

>move around a lot because of work
>it sits in the garage at my family home, 90% complete and gathering dust
Feels bad man

Halloween store and mail-order for the good one.

I've been contemplating buying a real one, but that money could be better spent on cars.

I think that dude just wants to know what year roughly they stopped using plastic fuel tanks so he can buy an older car and avoid anything made before then and not die in a fiery explosion

CL watch:

houston.craigslist.org/cto/d/1984-nissan-datsun-300zx/6486106607.html

This 300ZX was for sale for 8k, down to 3500. Ad says it "developed a ticking noise," not sure if it's had oil pressure probs and surfaces got trashed, or what his mechanic told him, someone should ask. I discovered I like driving boats more than sports cars so someone else go get it. Could be a doable fix for RWD turbo car with that sweet 80s interior.

When was the last time a car just burst into flames from a fender bender?
Why is this guy planning on getting smeared across the road?
if you were in a wreck so bad that your gas tank burst into flames you are probably already 86'd

Idk he was the one asking mane. If I wreck I'm totally and completely fucked. Eddie Vedder would sing about how mangled my carcass got in my hunk of shit. No crash bar no air bags nothing. 6 inch cowl, rear louvers, and dice In the mirror because visbility is for chumps. Drum brakes and prayers is all this monster has for safety. Pic from last night recovered off my old phone. Nice to have a picture that isn't from the driveway for once

>dodgers
go stros

>"dude you can't put a Chevy in a Ford!"
fucking boomers I swear to god

I haven't gotten a chance to watch beisbol since 2013 man its like time stopped that season for me. Andre Ethier and Matt Kemp are still on the Dodgers as far as I'm concerned with Bobby Abreu and Tony Gywne Jr. Too
Back to my deathtrap though, bottom right is currently my seat cover on my drivers side death putting on her lipstick (rest of the car is the black leather). I've been considering for a while now getting a half sleeve tattoo of my wife like that on my left arm using one of the other two pictures as a template and then just making her face a skull and adding the lipstick and mirror shit would be dope in black and white

Think you got that backwards bucko. boomers are the ones who put chevy in everything

I always think about getting tattoos then I put it off and within a week I look at the picture I was going to get and think "thank fuck I don't have to have that on my arm my entire life." Think it would just make me look like a poser desu, wouldn't look right on me. I wanted a two barrel carb over the left side of my chest, kek. Marginally clever. Either that or a diagram of a Carter on my forearm so when/if I get old I won't have to remember how I took apart the damn thing

tattoos

I think there are two kinds: the "matching numbers" autists and the "hurr I wanna piss off purists" snowflakes.

I will soon be joining you in the acceptance of the fact that if i crash i will most likely not survive. I dread the day stacy plows me with her SUV. At least i take the car with me

stop posting yourselves jesus christ it's frankly embarrassing

Matching numbers guys piss me off. They talk shit about my build because it doesnt have the original engine and on the other hand the piss off the purist crowd does a ton of tasteless mods like slamming, cut hoods, chop top and other builds that take away from the beauty of the car. Its upseting being a centrist

So if I get this straight, 71-73 mustangs are undesirable because of the weight and look and can be had for relatively cheap?

>matte79ta discovers a fire hazard
Got my shit fixed and I painted the frame a bit before putting the motor in. The paint isn't real smooth due to the por 15 being really thick but I thought it looked good for a $10 rattle can paint job. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be putting the motor in, The flex plate to torque converter clearance is bugging me so much I'm about to get a micrometer to be 100% on it.

Cheaper than a 68 or 69 Mustang anytime, but still rather pricey compared to some nice niche cars

Id buy one to throw a 5.0 in

So, before I turn in for the night, what did it take for you guys who did it to run a 13 sec 1/4? You think 400HP in front of a stock torqueflite in a 3600lb car with stock gears (probably 3.23) could do it?

That's what I'd like to do with the Fury, if ever get to work on that shit again. There's 3 separate articles on Hot Rod all written by Dulcich or Freiburger on how to make 400HP with a 318. I'd either do the build with the Magnum heads (pretty much all bolt-on parts) or porting the stock heads (dirt cheap).

Thoughts on swapping from triple 45mm Mikuni's to full ITB for fast boi Fairlady?

If I want to use my air compressor to blast out a clogged fuel line, what's the best hose attatchment to do it with?

I blew out clogged transmission lines with just the air gun fitting and like 100 psi

But then the coupler on the air gun itself broke which sucked. Speaking of tools I used that stubby impact I bought from HF the other day the earthquake xt stubby. Breddy Güd made the job a lot faster

user with the white 79 ford here. Put new wheels and tires on my trusty rusty DD. I guess it's technically a classic? They're pretty much non existent in these parts. Going to buy another one tonight for parts.

I gave this desu a kissu

This was my setup last year
13.28 @ 102 MPH
5.3 w/ PAC1218 springs and 228/230 Jegs cam
Stock TH350 with 3800 stall converter
3.73 gears

A ccg group chat would be cool, but discord isnt really the best place to do it

>This was my dad’s setup last year
fixed it for you

>tfw my Honda Civic with a 1.6 liter turbo d16z6 is faster than your barge
Probably also cost less, mods included.

>a few simple mods

>tfw ur car gets used for the general

i finally got settled in after moving 200+ miles, it was exhausting. ive honestly never driven a truck with a trailer so that was nerve wracking.

spent a good portion yesterday working on a 1990 probe GT, bc its been sitting 10 years and i probably MAYBE got it working. inertia switch on it was bad and probably mostly likely why they parked it a decade ago. FORTUNATELY they also had a 98 nissan quest which had the exact same switch, SO I swapped them out, cleaned the car a little and ill find out later on if it'll run and drive without dying when u make a left turn. once we pull it out of the ground

fingers crossed. id hate 2 see this thing sit bc it looks kinda cool, and was TECHNICALLY my partner's /first/ car.

sometimes yeah! thank u. its all open country road here and that deathtrap glides down them like a dream.

pretty much yeah. beware they DONT make some aftermarket parts for them though. bc they're that unpopular. if u need something, youre better off buying on ebay or scavenging local salvage yards IF YOURE lucky to find one anywhere. i really need a wheel hub but theres literally nothing available.

also ignore my horrible writing. i cant into english

Wish me luck; I bought the '60 Fury and I'm having it shipped.

Good LUCK

that things gonna be so killer

>my partner
Gaaaaaaaaaaaay

Someone backed into my torino in a parking lot when I had right of way, feels ultra bad. Luckily the idiot admitted fault to his insurance company

Quickest way to get a car down to bare metal?

Previous owner attempted a rattle can job and it looks horrible. I've done a few rustoleum jobs on lawn mowers, even painted a few Farmall tractors. Unfortunately I don't have access to a dustless blaster anymore so I'm not sure how to go about it on a larger project.

Do u have classic car insurance? I have usaa and don't have my car registered as a classic. When some kid rounded the corner of my front bumper off usaa basically told me to get fucked because it's not insured as a classic and its a 40 year old shitbox. Would been a total loss at 500 dollars

Quick rundown:
>p2p0 connecting rods
>vitara pistons, NPR rings
>generic MLS headgasket
>decapped LS truck motor injectors rated for 750cc I stole from the junkyard
>GM 3 bar map sensor
>AEM wideband
>stock p28 ECU, but chipped
>generic eBay turbo, piping and intercooler, ripoff blow off valve and wastegate
>generic manual boost controller
>Brian Crower springs, titanium retainers
>XTD Stage 5 clutch
>VTEC set to engage right as boost starts to build, roughly 3500rpms
>8500rpm redline
Roughly $2k for all those mods, car was $1500, decent interior/exterior
Probably forgetting some other things.

No issues for 2 years now, engine was on the brink of death when I got the car and now it runs like a champ. It's my daily, no idea how much horsepower it makes because it was self-tuned, but similar builds get ~400ish horsepower, has no problem racing late model camaros and mustangs.

Unfortunately it's not a camaro or mustang, so you're still a sad little queer.

Nice! A proper frankenhonda got any pics? I was spoofing that copy pasta about "my honda with a few simple mods" where the guy then proceeds to list like 20 lines of mods

Found it:

>v8 camaro?

slow piece of shit...i can smoke the fuck out of this in my 1994 EG hatch with a couple of simple mods:

- 10 point cage with Parachute
- 3 piece discontinued JoJo frontend
- spec-R full drag suspension
- Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor
- 1 044 bosch pump
- 1200 rc injectors
- golden eagle sleeved block
- cp 10:1 pistons
- Eagle rods
- arp headstuds
- oem h22 headgasket
- Balance shaft delete
- competition clutch twin disc
- Port and polished head
- skunk2 valve springs and retainers
- Str cam gears
- crower stage 1 cams
- aluminium radiator with slim fan
- gsr transmission with itr lsd.
- qsd h2k intake manifold adapter
- k20 rbc manifold
- qsd throttle body spacer
- blox 70mm throttle body
- 4bar omni map sensor
- 6al msd with coil and cap. 3 step launch control
- hks bov
- Garret 102mm turbocharger.
- Custom t4 front facing turbo manifold with 44mm flange
- 44mm tial wastegate
- Custom water to air intercooler set up
- aem eugo wideband w/ gauge
- tuned on chipped p28
- 13 inch volks drag rims
- 2 15 inch volks rear rims
- arp extended wheel studs
- si cluster
- 150 shots of nitrous
im making 348 horsepower to the FRONT WHEELS because thats the only place the power should ever be

Did you literally just strip all the paint off it and roll it like that.
Fuuuck, I want to do that to my Bronco now.

I can't wait.

English isn't his first language

The sinking feeling. I'm 10 grand into my bronco and it's worth like 2k book value. I really need to get classic car insurance on it. How are you fixed insurance wise?

Aircraft paint remover will take anything off.

>buttmad muscle fags mad their tired and common shitbarges can't even keep up with a 25 year old grocery getter with a lead blower strapped to it

Sounds like a build list for a K20, and with those parts it unironically would have the capability to touch 600-700hp with ease

There's nothing buttmad about actually wanting to drive a quality car, rather than trying to polish a piece of shit.

Step it up, nigga.

Who's buttmad? I wanna see some pictures sounds cool as fuck. I loved working at the parts store seeing people bring in all kinds of crazy shit they built themselves

>posted from my 305 turd gen

>w-whatever man you own a Honda
Kek, same generic buttmad musclefag response. Can't outrun them with your highly inefficient 400hp 6.2 liter torque monster? Make fun of the shitbox Honda that just cuckolded your 4000lbs cuckbarge.
Have fun with your $50 fill ups
I'll be over here with my fuel efficient daily driver that won't have the cops riding my ass during my daily commute.

Why are you even in the thread if you only have a piece of shit non-classic car?

I've owned a civic friend, and to be honest I'd rather drive my 7litre v8 even if it's silly to daily it.

If you want to talk about pathetic look at yourselves internet bench racing cars that are about 50 years old now.

God that's ugly. I saw a Jensen Interceptor the other day and it's a nice looking car apart from it's buttfuck homer simpson car esque rear.

>A car made 30 years newer and weighs 2000+pounds less will be faster than an x platform.

Technology getting better is a good thing, I like my classics for what they are, old dated but extremely fun and full of character.

no no dude ur gay my riceburner can do a quartermile at the same speed with everything removed but the frame and the engine tuned to run at 100,000rpm causing me to have to estimate the speed as the speedometer keeps bouncing between 0mph and 500mph

enjoy ur shitbarge u fucking loser!!!!!!

Cutlass, legit question. Do you hear people saying "Ralph Nader" driving your corvair as much as I hear "Burt Reynolds" when I drive my Trans am?

wouldn't be the first time people confused it for a Nova

The bewst is comin, don't worry lad I'm going to be running 10s or blow a hole in the block trying

I saw a bandit transam yesterday in beautiful condition. Couldn't hear it at all though. Might've just been a base model with decal kit and body

It's a 1993 so according to the thread rules I can shitpost about it here.

Also
>rather drive my 7litre v8
Translation:
>I like having Saudi cock up my ass, fuck those dumb ricers lol

There's nothing wrong with driving classic old cars, but what really tickles me is when baby boomers ITT take deep offense to a cheap 25 year old commuter car making bigger numbers than their old 4,000lb 250hp v8 memebarges

You'll be happy to know this car has an entirely stock interior and exterior.
You act like high revving engines are a bad thing, it's not my fault your shitbox pushrod v8 meme engine destroys it's valve train at 6,500rpm.

>the bewst is comin
I think you're exaggerating how long boost takes to build, by 4,000rpm it's already fully built, and if you knew anything about how Honda transmissions are geared you would know that 1st gear lasts till about 32mph

I imagine this thing is fucked due to it being on cl forever. Doesnt help that the seller hasnt dropped on the price in 4 months, post daily, and hates text messages.

It would be a perfect car to build like OPs pic.
pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/d/1969-barracuda-fastback/6502678322.html

Get off your high horse. Literally no one gives a fuck about your shitty riceburner. Stop acting like everyone driving their nice old car has a complex against you.

>literally the first post to my rice burner build is a butthurt rural retard muscle cuck calling me a queer

Keep trying I'm sure you'll get it eventually.

>someone mocks you
>heh, they must be jealous of my piece of shit

Stop taking the bait, he hasn't even posted his car.

This was a nice thread

>h-he was only mocking you, you dumb ricer!

youtu.be/PRwZqJU_9_Q
Stay mad, imports own the streets now domesticucks

>It's a 1993 so according to the thread rules I can shitpost about it here.
>Cars are considered classic at 25 years old, but a vehicle really needs that certain something, to be classic.
>but a vehicle really needs that certain something, to be classic.

>look guys I posted it again xd dumb ricers amirite?

if you can't afford a real car, try not to be too bitter

Oh god we have gone so many threads without this stupid f&f meme popping up.