/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

New Thread, Extra Mayo
previous jej
The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in clanghalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Other urls found in this thread:

marblerun.at/
youtube.com/watch?v=OJ-H0HtV8CY
youtube.com/watch?v=Sp--jYRnu-w
youtube.com/watch?v=NjlNGNOmCAY
rostec.ru/en/news/4520959
youtube.com/watch?v=gH4rPVHxfhA
youtube.com/watch?v=hPj-SPD_NIg
steamcommunity.com/groups/gmresurgence
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

drones are bullshit and putting off new players

Second for good, the weak should fear the strong.

/egg/ is dead
long live /egg/

Never dead
Never alive either

>my /hsg/ edit is still there
Nice

>pic
is that thermal paste?

>we /egg/
>we ded
>we /egg/ again

Yes, its silicon one.

>Hellman's

Hey lads, how can I get Factorio for cheaper than 20$? I heard ruskies get it for cheaper.

Being ded was better.

Alright

Unded

ununded

marblerun.at/
how many meters can you get

i made an infinite loop and waited till it got to 9999, then it rolled over to 1001 and I got bored

This thing doesn't take long to roll over

You don't, it's worth the 20, and it's terribad to buy digital rights from scam sites. It's better to torrent a broken version and play that until you can afford to buy it for reals.

tfw 9$ in mexico

>all these marble plebs that can't get past 500, let alone 100

>eggnog
>999.9m

>those contraptions under 200 being published

Why don't people play Empyrion? What's wrong with it?

/egg/pyrion used to be a thing
don't remember what happened to it

Its okay. Its just really boring. Theres no moving parts, so that means no clang, or crazy automated creations. Very little engineering. Thruster placement doesnt even matter at all, as long as you have some pointing in every direction your ship will fly.

And at some point you'll run into some guy thats flying around in a capital ship that will kill you in one hit to steal all your shit.

>don't remember what happened to it

/egg/pyrion died because some guy found our base using an exploit, waited till we were all offline, then got his clan to come take everything, and then posted the base co-ords in general chat so people could come take whatever was left. The exploit was that if you had a ship registered to a player/faction, and some other player took it, blew out the control core and put their own in and set it to their own personal ship or set it to their faction, the ORIGINAL owner could see the ships current co-ords at all times.

It was a bug/exploit that hadnt been patched, and big factions were abusing it by leaving tiny worthless hips in orbit around planets, hoping players would steal them and take them back to their own base, revealing secret base co-ords so the base could be raided when all the clans players were offline.

Admins refused to help us and said "Oh, well, we'll make doing that against the rules and punish anyone that does it next time."

I'll just quote the /egg/men who spoke of it some time ago.

In the future, should /egg/ brave this shitfest again, you should set up a chop shop for those "abandoned" ships, away from the main base, or even on a ship for mobility.
Save the blueprint if possible, disassemble completely and leave as soon as possible, in case the cunning physicians decide to pay you a visit.

the exploits been patchd out and fixed. Once a ship changes onwership it can no longer be tracked by the last owner.

But still, big factions are always on the lookout for enemy bases. They just fly aorund in deep space watching their radar for any blips to pop up, hoping they come across somebodys stash.

Thanks anons. I'll avoid it.

the community are no life try hard physicians.
maybe a server with a smaller population?
infiltrate a big faction?
i would like to know more!

I don't own it. I'll just wait for another ded space voxel eggaem.

Good night /egg/

>cuckout servers going down in 10 minutes for a patch

youtube.com/watch?v=OJ-H0HtV8CY
youtube.com/watch?v=Sp--jYRnu-w
youtube.com/watch?v=NjlNGNOmCAY

Fuck, I just noticed the boosters in that guys videos have an ammo/fuel count that goes down as the boosters burn.

>Survivors! By popular player request, today we are launching the Crossout server ‘Australia’. Its launch will open the door to the world of Crossout for Oceania players.

pretty sure they're just modified hermes boosters

maybe i'll finally get to be less sub-human

When is the next FOTM space voxel game?

you don't, if you don't wanna buy it for ₪71.50 you ask some faggot to do a supply drop of the drm free version

6 months

It's worth every cent. Thank me later.

pirate it and if you like it, buy
or pirate and never buy
this attitude of "I want to pay, but I don't want to pay" is /v/ level cancer
I personally priate almost everything, but after playing fugtorio decided to cash out, because it's worth it, unlike most bullshit out there.
if you don't wanna pay, don't, but don't make up some stupid reasons or methods

I pirated it and ended up buying it. 86 hours total. Worth it I guess.

Stationeers?

6pm EST of which day?

I don't trust dean, but it might be if it's easily piratable

Well everything is easily legally obtained, but can /egg/ start a legally obtainted pirate server?

>kalashnikov actually taking notes from Besiege
rostec.ru/en/news/4520959

Why did Crossout had to be made by fucking kikes?

I download it on weekend, played for 6 hours straight and then read about those fucking weapons crates that gives you a weapon for 2 hours, you have to pay actual money for the item to stay and general p2w faggotry.
Had to drop it like a whore ridden with AIDS.

It gets better.
>grabbed 4 adventurer's crates
>rolled 4 times each time
>only white items
Don't waste your scraps for rerolls, first try or nothing.

>it's a straight upgrade to the growl
>with two extra energy
this will do well

>sitting on knight crates
>not gamescom 2017 pubg crates
My only regret is not buying more before the 27th. The price just keeps rising.

>no folding swastika

Really though, that's exactly what was needed.

You can get the shekels by selling what you have in the market. The game is really f2p but the market side is compulsory.

Is that faster than the growl?

>those fucking weapons crates that gives you a weapon for 2 hours, you have to pay actual money for the item to stay and general p2w faggotry.

Use your brain moran.

Crates have awful drop rates and are for suckers. Sell all your crates on the market, so suckers buy them, and you get money. Use that money to buy things you actually want. And learn to play the market. Learn the trends, and use the CrossoutDB website to look at price changes on things. You'll eventually be able to noitice when the price on something is incredibly low, and buyt it, then resell it for a profit later when the price goes back up. Or learn to sell things you have when the price on something goes abnormally high.

You dont have to pay a fucking cent if you can into stockmarket ENGINEERING.

>enjewneering

>place singular up-facing arrow beneath ball
>infinite track
Shitty idle game out of ten, why even post it here?

The meter is useless because the retarded developer forgot about units.
Reminder to read the SI brochure.

Does that ever finish though?

Sorry /egg/mans,

Got busy with shit last night and didn't do a server wipe for Factorio: Bobs mod edition.

Let me get my shit together, this will happen 6PM EST, this time no jews or niggers will delay it(was actually the gym)

>goal area blocked off
Do you really need to ask?

Not much of a marble run if it never ends is it? It's just a shitty washing machine that any retard could make. You had 1 build constraint and you blew it.

LR will be on a good while after that. I have a chance to break my stint as an oxygen thief which I need to go ruin, lest I become a productive member of society and not have enough free time for pointless unpaid work-games. I am broken

Conveniently, the instructions were only visible once, but I don't think they specified the run has to end at any point.
I believe the exact phrasing was "help us create the longest marble run."
We're still busy calculating exactly how long a run the washing machine is, meaning it's very long.

If you're too dumb to include units in a meter, then you deserve to be caught on a technicality.

>speed from growl
>size from wyvern
>energy from jawbraker
i can see some form of cancer

It's not a meter as in Distance-o-Meter, it says meter as in the unit of measurement called meter.
The canvas is 1.5 meters tall and 1m wide. Each square is 10cm.

Its only got 10,000kg weight limit. Its going to have to be very light to stay fast. Also only 90 health.

Remember when you bought a game and that was it? Where you had immediate access to all the content?

Our server at work just got hit with crypto lol, i should still be home by 6 though.

>It's not a meter as in Distance-o-Meter, it says meter as in the unit of measurement called meter.
Please read the SI brochure; if it were 'meter' as in "the unit of measurement", then 'meters' would have been the correct term.

If you were to make a run (a washing machine) with constant "distance per second", you'd notice the counter slows down to roughly 1/10 after the first 999.9.
How do you explain this phenomenon, aside from a lazy programmer either forgetting to add more digits or include units?

No, because most games have progression.
Market jewery is gameplay.

No
Generally you'd have to spend like 20 hours beating the campaign, another 7 going back and getting all the collectibles to unlock stuff you missed, and then another 30 hours S-ranking every mission and level to unlock the super giganigga secret squirrel unlocks.

You can easily get tons of money by just playing normally for the most part and paying attention to /egg/ regarding buffs/nerfs/events you can exploit for mass profit.

>the meter is useless because the developer forgot an 's'

And yes the decimal point moving is a big oversight but unless you use a luck based machine that actually finishes way after 999.9m, the numbers won't count at all s you can't publish it.

September 23rd possible time of next chode update. Someone on the forums said qswitched might be waiting to make an anniversary edition update and that sounds reasonable.

>what do they meme by this?

It's the place where women glow and men plunder.

>win 5 games
>takes two hours

youtube.com/watch?v=gH4rPVHxfhA
Apparently chinks decided it's time to do something about fires and firefighter casualties

the deaths must be bad enough it's seriously hurting productivity

>health
growler got less and yet it can take punishment while staying fast
i use growl with high damage output

Huntsman master race

Is China the most /egg/ country?
youtube.com/watch?v=hPj-SPD_NIg

>bulldozer fight
>no actual bulldozers

>The Dream of the Fisherman's Wife.webm

>front loader fight

steamcommunity.com/groups/gmresurgence
>gmod
>fallout
>simulation
There may or may not be engineering in this at some point

>cuckout prices on epic tier weapons have all dropped by 50-75+ gold

Wierd. I guess everyones selling all their shit in preparation for the new faction coming so they can just buy all the new stuff from people crafting it and selling it for stupid high prices.