Is it autistic that I always use my e brake in my automatic

Is it autistic that I always use my e brake in my automatic

To slow down or for parking? The latter is logical, the former shows logic only a slushboxer would show.

When you park you mean? No its not autistic, its SMART. Saves wear and tear on your parking brake pawl.

>99.999995% of autos since the invention of the park position have been parked without the e brake literally every single time theyve been parked
>literally 99.999999% of said autos has suffered park pawl wear or a break from normal parking action (that is not slamming it into park at 10 mph)
its entirely unnecessary unless youre on an actual 90 degree incline

I've had cars and trucks not quite click into park and roll before. One of my trucks would start in any gear so I grew a habit of always setting it. Overusing the ebrake is better than not using and have it be rusted in place when you do need it.

*hasnt

follow this guys advice if you want to pay more for your insurance

I never use the handbrake when parking UNLESS I'm on an incline.

It pisses me off when people put the handbrake on in my my car when they use it.

>When your E-Break is your Parking break

Thanks Ford!

>im too lazy to pull a lever, i let my transmission hold my car in place

jesus fucking christ

If you have a car with dsg its recommended to apply e brake before placing gear into park

>Getting spergy over people using a handbrake
Lol.

I do this, too. I learned on stick and it carried over when that car went to the dump. It's just second nature to rip the e brake right after popping it into park. The hand is already there.

>90 degree incline
I take it you didn’t do too well in trig

No, you should always put the handbrake on in an automatic. Sure, for 95% of people the parking pawl might last the lifetime of their car, but for the sake of a process that takes literally a second, it can save you from becoming one of the 5% who have to pull their transmission to replace a broken pawl.

WHICH ONE IS IT E BRAKE THEN PARK OR PARK THEN EBRAKE

Brake then park. If you park up on an incline and then put the car into park before you apply the handbrake, the car could roll onto the pawl and damage it.

Doesn’t matter. It’s apply the mechanic brake before you release the hydraulic brake so you don’t “damage the parking prawl” by the vehicle rolling against it

That's very not autistic

Stop. Use foot brake and put into neutral. Apply e brake. Put in park. Leave

do what the cops do and throw it in park while you're still moving

CLICKLICKLICKLCIKCICKLCICKLCICILCK

works fine on my manual
And I do it on my autotragic too since the car is allready ruined by being a slushbox and theres nothing to lose

I've heard this sound and it scares me just to remember it

did the sound come from behind you and are you a nigger?

Didn't that one guy from star trek die cause of this?

I put mine in neutral, make sure it is sittng on the e brake, then put it in park. My pawl is a virgin.

That just seems stupid to go to neutral

Why? It takes one second and it makes sure the load is on the brake and not the transmission. I only really do it on hills.

>drives automatic