/xcg/ - XCOM General

War of the Chosen Inbound Edition.

Previous thread: News:
1)EXPANSION dropping August 29th
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>youtube.com/watch?v=n3bENBYSucQ
>youtube.com/watch?v=CpLcPIWqK18
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj
>Demo for the WotC photo booth now available: store.steampowered.com/app/433050/XCOM_2_War_of_the_Chosen__Propaganda_Center/

2)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point AMA
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>youtube.com/watch?v=iuN9g502cYM

3)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

4)LONG WAR 2 1.4 is OUT
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844674609
>pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25894

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Scratch one bogey, UFO down:
youtu.be/dZBoiW460nU
youtu.be/80XAJKqRU9k
youtu.be/o1Qkzj5bStU

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

To be the eye of the storm.

PISTOLS

ARE

As in having them as a faction at best, another class of hero units at worst.

Don't fucking tempt me, I have skimmed over the Anarchist's Cookbook while drunk.

Jake is truly /myguy/

Well there's already the XCOM MOCX faction, which is basically exact. Maybe you can modify them to all wear the EXALT cosmetic ports

Will they remain useful in wotc?

Why the fuck are y'all still ranting? We've known that release is a little over 4 hours from now for a week.

Calm down, have a wank, have a nap, do something other than raging impotently on fucking Veeky Forums.

Spare a thought for those of us who have to get up at 5am and see if GMG has delivered our codes.

It's basically primal therapy at this point.

It's just hype shitposting user

SHUT THE FUCK UP JAKE
JUST RELEASE IT ALREADY
JUST
FUCKING
RELEASE IT

Imagine being Jake during development, having to be all like "damn, Chosen Assassin , you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your tight body and horrific androgynous monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both my in-game character and the real me." when all he really wants to do is fuck another viper in his room. Like seriously imagine having to be Jake and not only sit in that chair while that assassin flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her stretchmarks and leathery skin, and just sit there,, hour after hour, while she perfected that vanishing wind. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she's STILL GOT IT and DAMN, ASSASSINS LOOK LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch her mannish fucking gremlin face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of sneks for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on her dimpled stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in her "statuesque (for that is what she calls herself)" beauty, the beauty she worked so hard for with the Elder's gifts in the previous months. And then the publisher calls for another feature, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Jake. You're not going to lose your future political career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

Everybody is just excited for Jake's game.

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

The first mod that will come out for WotC is one that allows you to take more than one hero unit on a mission.

I want to have a full Templar crusade on an ADVENT base.

[MUFFLED STATIC]

who else is ready for bore of the chosen to be utter dog shit

That's funny.

What's funnier than this is that he's a fucking millionaire, fucking 10/10's left and right, and designing epic fucking games while you ugly losers post on an imageboard all day and haven't even kissed a girl. I know why you hate him so much. It's because you're all jealous. You all want to be game designers, but it won't ever happen in your pathetic lives because you don't have what it takes. Jake does, and that's why Jake gets paid the big bucks. Jake doesn't give a fuck about any of you or about this fucking "Bore of the Chosen" bullshit (as he just showed) Keep jacking off to pictures of sneks while they're the ones jacking Jake off. Fuck off, faggots.

I'm cautiously optimistic

>"damn, Chosen Assassin , you fuckin' fine, all sexy with your tight body and horrific androgynous monster face
lmao

boar wine, your grace

Let us spare a thought for our cousins in the console territories, whose expansion release does not take place today.

alien hunters alpha strike power creep mass effect humanoid enemy avatar destiny paid mod charging for bug fixes bore of the Chosen!

HA! Fuck consolecucks.

That'll teach em for muh never ever petition bullshit

You could say I'm "hyped" for Chore of the Chosen. If by hyped you mean sitting here with a wicked grin on my face waiting for all the people on this general to lose there shit on release, only to be deflated and rage and cry a few hours later when this shit games true colors are revealed.

Luckily I'll just refund it if it's shit.

Its true colors such as?

>cousin
>console

Has it been confirmed/denied yet that if you don't integrate the DLC with WotC you still get the balance changes on the DLC stuff?

>3 hours left
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hahaa, joke's on you, my standards are so low that I'll enjoy it no matter how shit it is!

yes

3 hour and 48 minutes actually

brown.

Go back to xenonauts boreposter

I THOUGHT I COULD HAVE ANY WHORE I WANTED

Wow that argument. It truly blew me away...

please don't remind me about xenonauts, i'm still sad

Wait do I get DLC content if I buy war of the chosen but not the other DLC?
Side question: are the other DLCs worth buying?

Fuck, I should finish my current Legendary run since I'm so close but I want to play the new expac goddamnit.

So what's the purpose of integrated DLC? Also since I'm retarded this means if you don't integrate, you're able to do viper lair/shen's last gift with the buffs and nerfs? I want my free gear + spark god damn it.

You don't get the DLC content unless you own the DLC. Anarchy's children has some good customization options like the legs and bare arms, other than that SPARKS are fun and Alien Hunters will probably add some nice variety to WOTC.

I think the main reason is mission density

>Commander, this will surely be the War Of The Chosen.
Really, Jake?

Why is Warlock not in the middle?

He doesn't have tits

He has a larger silhouette, putting him offset makes his presence less "threatening."

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

SCINTILLATING dialogue

It's not going to release faster just because you scream about it chucklefucks.

What?

RELEASE YOUR GAME JAKE

Jake here. Releasing the expansion now. Have fun!

wakey wakey, sneks and Jakey

I saw Jake Solomon at a grocery store in Baltimore yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

CAREFUL JAKE, CAREFUL NOW

>3 hours
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>3 hours

Joey mod when?

You must be new

3 HOURS

6 AM EUROPEAN ROLLOUT

WHAT A GLORIOUS TIME TO BE INSOMNIAC

Fuck that goddamn fishing village. I had a 90% rocket and a 98% shotgun miss so both my heavies died before I even hit the ship. Thank god my sniper survived.

Actually i'm going to sleep. i'll be in shape to witness the M A G N I F I C E N T D E S I G N
Godspeed you madman

roll credits

Don't you have to click play for the DLC itself to download?

>midnight EST
>NEET
best feel

>Using Pacific Shit Time

I have the optical fiber (luckily)

This has to be pasta. There's no way you came up with this on your own, user

>"thank god you're back commander, when president drumpf tried defending us 20 years ago he was destroyed, just goes to show walls dont do much against the aliens"

What did Jake 'My XCOM is a Romcom" Solomon mean by this line?

you planning on playing the dlc story missions integrated with wotc?

>up all night for unrelated reasons
>probably fall asleep an hour before it hits
Key probably won't be sent out by GMG at release anyway, I lose nothing.

Aliens took over the world in 2015.

>Its 29th of August here
>I still don't have my expansion

nah it should automatically download, I've only got like 3 mb/s though and it's going to be like a 30 gig download so feels bad man, also my family will be bitching at me for taking up all the bandwidth so I'll probably have to throttle down to 2 mb/s.

Join the queue, the 29th is already halfway over here

4 AM here
Losing control of my life and just wanting that fucking expansion already

First run I'll probably do integrated, but I think that means the DLC story missions are disabled and all the features are built in to the campaign.

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

2 HOURS LEFT

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO PASS THE TIME
WHAT ARE YOU EATING IN THE TIME
WHAT TIME WILL YOU HAVE LEFT WHEN IT RELEASES

>tfw NEET but have a decent sleep schedule
At least I'll be able to play when I wake up.

Let us pay respects to the anons that died before this point.

>2 hours
2 hours and 55 minutes

+DL time

>keeping resistance warrior pack
>not having anarchy's children installed

>turning off Anarchy's Children
literally why

>last thread

Why don't you like Mad Max user.

so another week for australia?

I have spent the last hour lying in my chair listening to black metal.

>RELEASE JAKE RELEASE JAKE

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

JAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>not having the NBN

Anarchy's Children fucks up soldier customization, and every time you change torso or legs it resets your arm presets

The fact 90 % of what it gives is edgy bullshit doesn't help

>XCOM 2 after War of the Chosen releases.