Final import advice

Hey guys was wondering if ya'll would be able to help me out. Im in the final stages of my planning for importing a car from Japan to New Zealand and ive finally decided on getting a 1991 turbo RX7 FC because it seems pretty affordable, and moderately fast and i prefer the looks over the FD. But just before I pulled the trigger I was wondering what your thoughts are because ive never actually driven one. How would it compare to something like a 2013 VW Polo (The only other car ive had) I know the polo isn't a considered a fast car by any means but it doesn't feel too bad to me, just want to make sure I wont be disappointed by the performance and handling of my new car.
Is there any other car in particular that you think I should get instead?
Should I just get a high millage FD instead?
Would appreciate any thoughts or comments.

Nz fag here too.
FC is one of the best cars mazda made, jump on it.

Never driven one, but because of the engine placement they are great handling cars.

>RX7

Yea ive heard good things, though i would have thought they would be more popular over here but i never see any good ones on trade me, just old, beat ones with high kms.

Also from NZ, do import laws prevent you importing cars older than a certain age? I have feeling it was late 90s

JFC how many kiwis are on here
>nzer here too

think once its 20 years old alot of the restrictions like emissions and stuff dont apply.

seems like at least 3 so far

What company are you importing with?

I drive a 90 T2 non ported FC with stock turbo, and I can tell you that it is a very fun car to drive, handles FANTASTIC. Keep in mind, with just a microtech ECU and a couple minor mods I am making 240 HP to the wheels, so power shouldn't be one of your worries.

Ive been in contact with Pacific Coast Auto but dont know if they're the best. Got any suggestions?

Thanks, exactly what i wanted to hear

Nah mate just interested. I imagine they're all very similar being just a middleman

Yea, most rates seem similar but i just went with pacific coast cos they have a youtube channel where they showcase their cars and they seem reasonably trustworthy.

youre gonna have a blast, just make sure you premix

Oh yea been hearing alot about this argument but i thought id just deal with it once i get the car. So you reckon i should premix even if the oil pump is working?

why does NZ seem so much more based than ausfaggia when it comes to cars?

idk i saw that a dealer imported some s660's in sydney. Do aussies have no regulations ?

i was implying the opposite

Another NZ boyo here. How much are you planning to spend in total on the import?
Considering an import myself since trademe is making me depressed.

nice bra enjoy a clean FC
im in nz aswell and every rwd car has fuckn got drift and thrash tax already on it
yea i wouldnt get a FD because of how pricey they are and the fact they are sort of becoming normie tier (supra, r34 gtr etc)...

>they are and the fact they are sort of becoming normie tier (supra, r34 gtr etc)

The Toyota Supra and the R34 GT-R has and will always been normie tier.

Ausfag here, It's 1988 and older is legal to import and 1988 and newer needs some bs from memory.

Including the service fee of the company and shipping itll cost around 3000 to get the car here. Then youve still got a 15% tax i think.

nz fag lurking for import advice, dont forget to keep posting updates op!

Will do, might be a while though, gotta wait for a nice one to come up on auction.