Premium Subaru?

Am I wrong for believing Subaru should launch a luxury sub brand which produces a series of more powerful, strictly AWD-focused premium sports vehicles that finally look exactly like the concepts and compete with big offroad names like Audi and Volvo?

I mean, Subaru can do this.
They have all the advanced technologies, cool concept design sketches and most importantly a large number of loyal fans it takes to establish a successful high-end brand.
Customers will be happy if some extra money fixes Subaru's depressing production version exterior designs and rather tawdry work tool interiors. They will be able to afford more costly transmissions too.
Also It's very efficient when synergized with Toyota's Lexus and maybe Mazda (all belong to the Toyota alliance).

No

Basic cars already feel premium for half the price.

>big offroad names like Audi and Volvo?
Are Audi and Volvos known for their Offroaders?

Too premium, we need to stop adopting EU standards like led daytime running lamps or passenger crash safety

Actually we adopt UN safety requirements thats why cars suck ass now

This would be financial suicide for Subaru. This 'large number of loyal fans' consists of poorfag kids who can barely afford bugeyes, let alone a brand new $40K+ (((premium))) car.

Their AWD systems are somewhat reputable

Subaru is the only mainstream car with longitudinally mounted engines besides moose stang camaro miata frs

Literally any major automotive brand has poorfag fanboys and few new models are targeted at them

I’d rather Mazda start making premium cars desu

Mazdas are already premium without costing premium

Nothing about Subaru feels premium. Compared to a Chevy maybe. The STI has the worst interior of any $40k car.

OPs pic looks like an amg

They should offer lift kits for Outbacks and sorts

No, they are shitboxes without costing premium

You're not wrong, but they're just gonna kill the WRX and make hybrid crossovers like everyone else.

Shitbox FF WRX isn't much better than a hybrid crossover desu.

i never said anything about FF so idk why you pulled that out of your ass

They do. Now if they would just offer it without that shitty CVT transmission.

I applaud your sophism, but ultimately, we both know I won this argument. I just won't taunt it as it has become nothing other than routine for me. Have a nice day Sir.

>luxury

Don't forget normies in colder climates (Pacific Northwest, New England, etc.).

Stay off the memes kids or you might become this guy.

Subaru is already a niche market, they don't need more cars. They have base and limited on all of their models.

I thought they were already considered luxury cars. Where I live that is a 40k car right there.

I've been looking at swapping my 2011 2.5 CVT for something else, can I even do that?

Subaru doesn't have the resources/capital to do this. They've been doing a LOT better lately due to the explosion of interest in SUV's and AWD cars as well as with all of the vaguely outdoorsy and active hipsters that want the poor man's Range Rover, but their sales volume is still tiny compared to someone like Toyota or VW.

There's a lot of R&D, QA, QC, and logistics involved in figuring out the build techniques, design, marketing, and materials for a luxury car as well. The difference between Lexus and Acura is that Toyota both has the resources AND takes it deadly serious whereas Honda just kinda just does what's necessary to sell some more cars.

Subaru has neither the money nor the will.

They tried that in the 90s in the Japanese economic boom

congrats, just to clarify for all the brainlet anons not so intellectually gifted as yourself: when I said kill the wrx i meant cease production.

Premium means filled with frivolities
Extras mean weight
Weight means bad for offroading
No Subaru spirit then

this pic makes me sad. It's painfully acurate sumup of modern design

Tell me how the American 6m landships of old are any different from each other