86/FRS/BRZ

I'm going to be buying an 86 this month. Is it worth spending $4k-$6k more on a 2017 model versus the 2014-2016 models? The 2017s have 5 more HP and supposedly the torque dip is fixed. Also there is new styling. The price doesn't really mean much to me because I won't be driving it for more than a year or two, and it's a daily commuter so it will tank in resale with my mileage.

If you could buy either, would you prefer the 2017 for any reason related to commuting? Would you rather buy a 2014-2016 and just get the headers, and tune to make it even faster for less cost?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xwpka_DDJis
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Save up and buy a 2018 as they have android/apple car play.

Well the BRZ at least.

That's not important for me, but I understand the point it will add resale value for normies down the line. I really need the car this month however so it's going to be 2014-2016 or 2017.

the new 86 has that retarded guppy front bumper, avoid at all costs

Yeah that catfish special, leaning more for BRZ

>I'm going to be buying an 86 this month.
But... why? Why would anyone do this? Did you lose a bet?

Because I want it and I said I'd buy it so I am going to buy it

>Because I want it
...but...
...why?

Shut the fuck up let people buy what they want.

I'm getting a 2015 FRS today bros, I'm excited.

make sure the first mod you install is a Lexus 2GR-FSE

I'm not telling him he can't buy it I'm just baffled as to why anyone would want to.
You know for the same price you can get an EBM, right? The better looking, faster, cooler, bigger, better interior, bigger trunk EBM.

Get a Mustang gt instead faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=xwpka_DDJis

2013 is better

>The better looking,
No
>faster, cooler,
What are mods
>bigger
compact is better
>better interior
idk
bigger trunk EBM.
idk

>autismo thinks he's buying it because he wants go go fast
let people buy what they want. everyone has different prefrences user

>supposedly the torque dip is fixed.
This is absolutely false.

>The better looking, faster, cooler, bigger, better interior, bigger trunk EBM.

>Better looking
That's like your opinion man. The new mustang is huge and is the worst looking pony car IMO

>Faster
The mustang is quick, but I wouldn't call the ecoboost fast either

>Cooler
Maybe the GT, but the ecoboost? What's cool about that?

>Bigger
This is a bad thing

>Better interior
Do you really need the ability to change your gauge color on demand though?

>Bigger trunk
Honestly, I bet it's not even that much bigger. Can you fold down the rear seats in the mustang?

Looks are not subjective. The 86 has been called ugly by everyone who's ever seen it. They took the already average at best BRZ and made it worse. The interior and trunk space are injective as well. The Toyota has cheap materials, a lack of features, the trunk and backseats on the Mustang are twice as big, and the ride is much nicer and quieter to boot. You know what else is objective? Speed. The EBM it's not only quicker to 60 but it's faster than either the 86 or the Miata on every track.
And mods? Really guy? Your rebuttal to speed was "mods"? The Ecoboost is modded out of the box. Why would you buy a brand new car just so you can ruin it with mods to make it faster than a different stock car? You'd have to pay thousands to make it even as fast as the Mustang. Meanwhile, Ford Racing has a warrantied performance tune that gives a small bump in power and a huge bump in low end torque, making it not only faster in a straight line but quicker out of the turns and more fun everywhere else.
Crying "oh muh weight it's so heavy oh muh pigfat" is sad when the "pigfat" car is still a better track car.

Then what's he buying it for? Why would you want a slow ugly impractical car when you could have a quicker better looking more practical car for the same price?

>The 86 has been called ugly by everyone who's ever seen it
even me? the one who said "Its looks nice."

>. The 86 has been called ugly by everyone who's ever seen it.
OP is not talking just about the 2017 86.

The 2013-2016 86 is one of the best looking cars make this decade in my opinion.

There are plenty of people who dislike the styling of the current generation of mustang

>The EBM it's not only quicker to 60 but it's faster than either the 86 or the Miata on every track.

If you want a 'fast' car then why would you be looking at a Miata or 86 in the first place? Magazine lap times are not a priority for some people

But you're wrong because it doesn't look nice. It's got a garbage front end that looks like an old jack-o'-lantern and the rear end is okay at best. It has a fine silhouette for a coupe but the Mustang is better because it has a longer hood.

>when the "pigfat" car is still a better track car.
not even talking about racing, I'd be an everyday drive car so speed aint a thing. balance is more important to me since I momentum drive (let the weight shift to corner) anyway. I wouldn't mod. but the option to jump on the
>muh bhp, muh hp, muh power
is there

>OP is not talking just about the 2017 86.
He is literally along about the 2017 86

>If you want a 'fast' car then why would you be looking at a Miata or 86 in the first place?
Because he wants performance for dollar. Not everyone can afford $60k on a car. For the $25k range there aren't many RWD coupes to choose from. But of the ones to choose from, the Mustang is better than the ND or Toyota in every single category except "weight" which is irrelevant because the Mustang still performs better.

>not even talking about racing, I'd be an everyday drive car so speed aint a thing.
Then why get an overpriced impractical RWD coupe in the first place? You'd be just as well off in a Corolla.
>muh balance
What's the point of "balance" if you're just driving around town? Balance only matters when you're driving fast because unbalanced cars perform worse than well balanced ones. But regardless of how balanced there car is or isn't, if it's faster in a turn then it's faster in a turn, that's all there is to it.

I'm salty because a used 2014 manual FR-S in Michigan just isn't a thing. An the one I found today just got sold, today.

>if it's faster in a turn then it's faster in a turn
Ok kid.

>He is literally along about the 2017 86
He says he is also considering the older versions

>Because he wants performance for dollar. Not everyone can afford $60k on a car. For the $25k range there aren't many RWD coupes to choose from. But of the ones to choose from, the Mustang is better than the ND or Toyota in every single category except "weight" which is irrelevant because the Mustang still performs better.
For 25k can you even get the ecoboost with the performance package?

Honestly, I'd rather have a V6 Camaro than a ecoboost mustang. They look better, are lighter, more powerful, sounds better and is built on a better platform

I was going to get one then realized I can get a new WRX for like 3k more. And it's not only a better car but more comfortable and practical. Buying a NB Miata (maybe NA)later this month for track day. The 86 just doesn't offer what it could and literally every platform mentioned in thread is a better choice. But if you think you just have to have it go for it. But Don't buy it thinking performance.

>buying a car in the north
Nice rust

Instead of the dumbshit
>lowering
meme, i'd adjust to ride higher. Rust is manageable.

>And it's not only a better car but more comfortable
Not by much though
Subarus are really shit right now. Considering you don't care about going fast but care about putting on some sort of sporty facade for some reason, you should consider the Focus ST. More practical and more comfortable than any comparable Japanese car.

>For 25k can you even get the ecoboost with the performance package?
Maybe not but you can get it for definitely less than a 86 plus mawdzz.

The base ecoboost mustang sucks ass though.

Enjoy your 16 year old girl car.

If you think it sucks then wait til I tell you about this other car that's smaller, slower, uglier, and has a worse ride and interior but costs the same. They call it the GT86.