ITT: Post the closest track near your area

ITT: Post the closest track near your area.

Have you raced on it? What race event/meeting you witnessed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KZ6O12Xx6Gc
youtube.com/watch?v=zwzwhPxOwjk
t.me/joinchat/EUE2yQ5uVIXdJ8DpNtpmrg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sonoma
i watched 18 men taking turns on you're mom

Been there a bunch of times but never raced.

Zandvoort is my least favourite track on all racing sims

Used to race dirt late models here

There’s a few other local club tracks that are technically closer, but I’m only about 20 mi for COTA.

Never raced it myself, but I think I’ll be able to this year.

Been to the last 3 years of F1, the last Austin Xgames, about half a dozen club track days, and this year I’m going to WRX too.

I''m really close to Spa-Francorchamps, but it's 300 euroshekles for 45 minutes of tracktime so I havn't raced on it.

Yee haw

Bucharest Motorpark

Nürburgring
1: no but will eventually
2: none

Lime Rock Park.

1. Nope
2. Pirelli World Challenge

haven't driven it yet
been to WTCC, GT, DTM and loads of Belcar races

>Have you raced on it?
Uncle let me do the hpde event for him when he did his factory pick up.

Willow springs

Ahvenisto
I have not raced on it, but I have driven and ridden on it.
All kinds of races, Finnish track championship tour, Historic races,,,

PittRace

Salzburgring 30 minutes

Yes, with a Giulia Q.

Dubai Autodrome

>literally is 5 mins away
>never been there

I wish i had a track near my area
I could go praticd drifting there.
my family does own a cattle ranch that they already gave me permission to pratice on

Both Waterford hills and M1 Concourse are 30 minute drives from where I live

I’ve participated in open track days at both, Waterford hills has a much nicer crowd and a lot of variety on the grid whereas M1 was mostly new American cars owned by mostly older men

The closest I know of is Mid Ohio (~45 Minutes away)
>have you raced on it?
No but I’m going to a track day in a month or two
>what race event/meeting have you witnessed?
I saw Indy Lites and what I think was Super GT

Forgot pic

>Grass parking
Based

Hockenheim 1h
Bürgerring 3h

Feels good man

Toronto Motorsports Park

In reverse in a R8 V10 on a wet morning thanks to some exotic driving session thingy

Was good fun but holy fuck the track was flooded I was legit scared speeding down the main straight

Worked for Don Panoz. Drove there with one of the Panoz racing school instructors in an Esparante. Within one second of his best time in the same car. Shoulda grew up to be a race driver.

Road America (Elkhart Lake, WI)

I haven't been there since I was six, in 1991. My birthday present for that year was going to see the IMSA cars race. Davy Jones won in the Bud Light Jag. I haven't been back since :(

Closest oval to me is the Milwaukee Mile. I went there about 10 years ago to see the Indy cars race. The Herdez car won.

Dammit, forgot my image like a sped.

based inclined oval
pic related

Drove it once on a Supercar exp thing.

I've been there countless times: 10/10 viewing, 360 degrees of the circuit at all times.
Big corners, big straights and big braking zones, all packed within 1.35 miles.
Plum Pudding Races are the best thing about Boxing Day

Autobahn in Joliet IL.
My first motorcycle trackday was there on the full track. Very fun but very exhausting. Didn't even bother going in for the last round

>Have you raced on it?
No
>What race event/meeting you witnessed?
F1 for like 2-3 years, I was 14 the last time I went there, I think

>Lime Rock
Same, I'm like 15 minutes away.
Are you in CT?

>Loved the Salzburgring, did my BMW B2 there.

In my area:
Zolder at 70km
Spa at 90km
Herpderpring at 149km

Spa is still on the to do list.

pic semi related: Salzburgring

Red Bull Ring. I go there regularly during the off-season to drift (they have a smaller handling course).

Chambley in france
not yet, will participate on the open track event the 29. april
Nürburgring and Spa are kinda close too

Spa-Francorchamps
>Have you raced on it?
No.

Ridge Motorsports Park near Olympia WA, I don't even live in Washington.

2.5 mile track, elevation changes and curves. Look cool but there's so many twisty mountain roads to drive in the pacific northwest it's kinda moot unless if you have a car cool enough to track.

Short tracks in NH would be the closest but never been to any.
Closest major track would be NHMS. Driven on but not raced, seen a bunch of races including cup, busch and mods.

Never raced on it.

Been to at least one meeting a year for the past 20 years.

Has great potential but lack of investment by the owners is damaging.

River's Edge at Mission Raceway, in Mission, BC. It's the closest track to Vancouver. Dinky little club track, with a couple decent corners. Never raced, but have been to multiple track days.

>tfw dont know anybody to get in to the track days at area 27/vimc

i live near sonoma raceway and i go to the motorsports reunion at laguna seca every year

yes. Im an hour and 30 min away.

I've very briefly driven on it (I used to work at the Harley-Davidson test site there).

I have driven on 'little talladega' and the tallest mountain in the state - both with 20 min of the nascar track.

>this
Fellow 248'er here. Been to both tracks, never raced though

I've never raced on it, but I've seen stuff there. Its a pretty decent time for dirt track.

Been to it twice. Technically there's 3 closer tracks but I've never been to them so I consider this my home track. I've been to 24hrs if lemons and a gridlife event, going to the big festival this year hopefully. Never been on it, I don't think I'd pass inspection.

Pacific Raceway

Wen't once in high school for drags and haven't been back since on account of not having a car I'd like to track until recently.

Is that a drag stop in the middle of a race track? Really good idea.

Half hour from the Glen. Been there and pass through the town regularly- a quiet and almost sleepy place the rest of the year, but you absolutely do not want to be there when the races are going on, the traffic is downright unbearable given the town normally has ~2000 residents total. Will probably never race on it bar a miracle given I don't think they do open track days.

There's a couple smaller dirt and paved ovals around for modifieds but I don't pay much attention to those, and a couple 1/8 mile drags including Skyview where I got to watch one of those jet-powered drag trucks melt the entire front facade of the main building. Used to be a half-mile paved oval a lot closer until they turned it into a gravel pit.

yeah it just turns into a straight on the road coarse

youtube.com/watch?v=KZ6O12Xx6Gc

Ooh, I found a video of it, or at least his first run.
youtube.com/watch?v=zwzwhPxOwjk
Think I was off to the right of the frame someplace.

I've been to Philip Island track a few times but never raced on it. I'd love to ride my bike on it, but it's fucking expensive.

Wanneroo Raceway

>Have you raced on it?
Yeah shitloads
>What race event/meeting you witnessed?
Seen the V8 touring cars a few times, the Super trucks, shitloads of historic meets, superbikes etc etc

I wonder how many days it would take for my miata to lap it

>Spa is still on the to do list.
Spa is great fun! The run towards Eau Rouge and up the Radillion, but also the very heavy breaking zone at the last chicane is great.

return to f1 when?

Join the Washington Veeky Forums chat
We have meets pretty frequently
t.me/joinchat/EUE2yQ5uVIXdJ8DpNtpmrg

Chaika track, Kiev.
Raced, the track is shitty and there are literally no safe zones.
Witnessed a Drift championship.

There is another one that is sort of as close, but this is the better track. Sadly, my shitbox gets absolutely devestated in the straight, which is also a drag strip