/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Trailer 8/18: youtube.com/watch?v=ULqY6yXn2S4
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. out now, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳3DS to Switch save data app here: my.mixtape.moe/qpdnqs.png
-Test build MHXX update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v3: my.mixtape.moe/kdcqnv.png
-Monster Hunter Stories comes out 9/8. Demo available. youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MHF-Z, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!N5YkEazQ!1o8M9bWvyfyCiFANGZYJ9RTzvAWf9lyIhG2FflVMY_A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

4U servers are dead

I'm online right now.

Grabbing her by the pussy!

I got through the water lizard and snow bunny on my first tries with 2 carts each but now I'm stuck at rathian. What do?

Hit it until it dies

Just killed my first Great Jaggi using a Boneblade+, first time playing MH ever (MH4U).
Am I supposed to feel this proud? Took me 2 tries and some grinding for mats.

The catfish has a name now

is there anyway to quick access the item combine list in XX switch?
i miss having two screens. i'd even settle for some phone app bullshit if it let me combine without opening the damn menu

Yeah, pretty much. I remember hunting my first Kutku in the first game and feeling like a real hunter.

I want to fight One-Eyed Ratha in World

I'm your pusi slave now

Which is

gibbedepussibos

absolute fucking reddit cringe

Anybody got any tips for this lime? I'm playing 4U and using GS btw. Playing solo as well.

cringe

cringe

Looking for some help speeding through my MHXX LR Keys, on 2* currently

66-8297-3047-9466

don't get greedy

What is your issue with catfish appreciation

Get as greedy as you possibly can.

What is the fucking secret for avoiding rath's homing claw? I'm using hbg with EE and usually I can just roll behind him but if he's too far away I get hit every fucking time.

Dip your 3ds in a tub of cold water. It'll definitely cool that shit down to death.

Just superman dive. That attack has insane tracking if he's all the way across the room.

Personally I sheath ASAP and superman. Nothing else seems consistent.

I'm talking 4U silver and azure los that follow the claw up with a fireball, I don't think diving is a good idea.

I can't figure yet. Sometimes I success in evading and sometimes get hit.
I think you have to evade when is already coming, not when it's about it.
And aslo, try evading to your left.

Monster Hunter Stories!

agreed, but when I post about MHFU I just get ignored. seems like this general is just for posting furbait and /a/nime garbage screenshots. sad

Is farming charms actually worth it or should I just cheat?

You can't level them in pre-5thGen games, so might as well just cheat.

I unironically want Espinas in World

Been an hour, still stuck. Should I upgrade my armour? I'm dying in 3-4 hits

get even less greedy

How are you approaching your fights?
Have you taken time to just run around and avoid attacks while you observe the monster?
You could start with that and attack only when you see big openings.

HR5 in MH4U add me to play. but quick question, how do i let you know how to add me?

>furfag shiposter is also a cheater
hahahahahahaha
HAHAHAHAHAHA
see
they are scum

Hanako is kinda hot

>shiposter
>singular

If only.

this general is shit
too many fucking subhuman furfag shitposters
mh stories is a shit game, no one wants to play it
and that anime is fucking garbage
this general is all yours. fuck this place. even /v/ talks about the games more than this shit hole

You don't have to add someone in the traditional way by exchanging FC.
When you are online with somebody you can add directly by sending an invitation. Just tap the tab friends on the touch screen. You will figure out what you have to do.

Does elemental damage works for part breaking or it's just raw what matters? I'm using DBs to break Lagi front legs for muh plates.

What weapon are you using?

well i know that much. but im not playing as of now, so i just wanna have people added

I don't see you trying to improve this place either.
You are part of the problem too.

Alright after I get behind it and start charging my GS, I can normally get off one or two levels of charge before it turns around. And then I normally do two rolls through its legs because if I just do one in any direction, it's leap attack aoe catches me anyway. Sometimes it just sits there and whips its tail around behind itself which I always get hit by although it does low damage. When it does its tail spin I normally avoid it by always staying on its right side. I noticed I can also avoid it by staying under its legs but when it decides to do a charge attack I get hit by it every time

he's a /v/ poster what did you expect

If you're bored and want to play MonHun in a more challenging, more satisfying way then look no further because I hereby introduce the Main Every Weapon Challenge.

By this I mean using every weapon type available in your game equally. You will gain forbidden knowledge and learn the subtleties and usefulness of weapons you wouldn't have used otherwise. It will be as if you were playing a different game every hunt. Here's how it works:

>start a new character
>get one of every weapon type as soon as possible if they're not all available by default
>force yourself to use a different weapon type every hunt
>if you really don't like a particular weapon type that's fine, just use it on gathering quests
>as you go through the quests make sure you get enough materials to make gunner's armor sets along with materials for blademaster armor sets
>always have a constantly updating gunner AND blademaster set so you don't keep people waiting in multiplayer, change charms around when needed
>yes, gathering mats for upgrading every weapon + 2 different sets is more time consuming but the knowledge you gain is very much worth it
>after you've done many quests you start to realize some monsters are way easier using certain weapon types
>proceed to wreck monsters a lot more efficiently than before
>gain the envy from your peers as they watch you obliterate monsters with any weapon
>become one of the chosen few with a rainbow weapon usage card

Join the /everything/ master race, /mhg/

This place is beyond saving. Might as well kill it down before the shiftiness spread.

Well, next time you are playing online feel free in add some buddies.
You can post de ID of your room here and someone will join to you.

great sword is kind of slow and requires knowledge of the monsters moves, try a few more times, remember to get your distance and timing right and never get greedy, otherwise you can try a more agile and faster hitting weapon

sounds good brudda

>another thread ruined by the vore dog cock sucking discord attention whore furbait posting nigger faggots

Only make posts related to one of the games/weapons/monsters/whatever
Only reply to people who are actually talking about the game.
Ignore and/or report all consolewar shitposting.

You will probably get 50-100 good posts per thread and it will of course be slower discussion, but I assure you trying to change it does nothing. Veeky Forums got too big for its own good and moderators just can't do shit anymore.

>Kirin armor was already perfect
>they remade it into something even more perfect

How did they do it?

MHXX 1.2.0 patch + English patch V4 is out. Released by the TL team that did the previous patches.

A link to the CIA from 3dsISO
mega.nz/#!N5YkEazQ!1o8M9bWvyfyCiFANGZYJ9RTzvAWf9lyIhG2FflVMY_A

>playing XX

It usually feels great when you kill a new monster species for the first time. Feels even better when you can cheese monsters that used to give you trouble.

What is wrong with XX?
Let me guess: is it muh anime?

Good job user
Hunt a few more to get some materials for Jaggi armor if you want some practice, the armor is all around decent to start with too

Don't respond to it.

WHERE'S MY DEMO

Try a different weapon type. I'd recommend the Charge Blade.

Responding to you

>~2 hours hunting Lagi
>still no plate

That's fucking it for today.

Daily reminder that you should stop using adept or you're dodging skills is going to suck

I like GS so I'll keep using it. Besides, I'm on P3rd so no CB. Also I got real close this time, managed to cut its tail off and I think it was limping. Not sure. Will keep trying until I kill it

Anyone else still waiting for Capcom to announce the collector's edition for World?

In that case, perhaps try Switch Axe? It's pretty similar to GS, but with two modes.

>people love stories now

What the fuck happened

If it comes with an Anjanath bust I'm not getting it

only if it includes tama™ dildo and lube

>buying a high rank only game

You're right, don't respond. I have already seen all the arguments against the game anyway. Half of them are some inane retarded shit and the other half are things that apply to other generally praised entries in the series as well.

It'll probably be something else, I sincerely doubt that Anjanath is the flagship.

Guy's not even flagship monster. Why the fuck would he get special treatment.

this. You people are dumbasses for buying generations.

Source?

High rank until the G-rank DLC comes out!

If it comes with a soft vinyl of Jagras I'm definitely getting it

Fucking finally. Fake ass bird dragon piece of shit.

grats, you are now on the road of becoming a great hunter, unlike those other video watching fake hunters

Give a name to my monstie

Kestodon (Female) (Male)

male, then it'll become male(female)

I sure hope you like fighting Raths

ShoveAHumanCockUpMyAss

I'm waiting for Capcom to hire Stan Ellsworth to make MHW Commercials.

That's not post tier achievement user

Goodnight, /mhg/.

it is for a new hunter, shut up user.

Sure, insult the only person in this thread right now playing the game instead of posting furfaggotry