Ranger Hype Thread

Who else getting /hyped/?

>If Ford doesn't offer it in a regular cab with a manual transmission, manual transfer case selector and manual rolll down windows their brand will be dead to me

Other urls found in this thread:

ford.com/trucks/ranger/2019/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm sure they'll offer it with all that. Ford has always been the most conservative of all the domestic automakers. They're always the last to get rid of the beloved old school tech.

this ia the ugliest truck in all existance.
lets burn them at the dealerships.

I am.

Saw one up close at the NC Auto Expo. Next vehicle will likely be a small-ish truck and I am legit curious to see how the Ranger stacks up

>Ford Escape with a bed

>The international Ranger platform (which the US Ranger will be based on) is an 'Escape with a bed'

You're deluded
it's auto/ecoboost/crewcab only

my bad
There's a supercrew but the rest is correct
ford.com/trucks/ranger/2019/

I hope later on they'll offer a manual option. That's the only thing preventing me from actually really wanting it

*supercab

i'm a ford fanboy and that looks fucking hilariously bloated and ugly.

I wouldn't mind a supercab shortbed, 4wd, diesel, or ecoboost 4cyl.

But, I just know that it'll be as big as an early 00's F150, it'll be underpowered, no manual option, and hilariously overpriced for its actual use; city commuter, light duty pickup, and inexpensive truck. Nobody makes anything like that.

I'm convinced if some foreign manufacturer made a tiny pickup that got 35mpg freeway, just big enough for jose and manuel to haul their bag of tools, and under $25k brand new reasonably equipped, they'd sell a shitload of them.

Well, Ford is dead to me now. Might as well go buy a used mid size from the 2000s and early 2010s.

Base 50k lmao

It looks like an F-150 that something fell on the cab.

What a massive disappointment, yet another suburban cowboy truck with no options outside of a crew cab and short bed configuration.

>Manual
>On a fucking work truck

it's fascinating how much of a meme parroting and HUURR LE TRUE A/O/TIST this fucking board can be

>implying the new redesigned ranger can even be called a work truck at all
Ford might as well give it a stick shift, since it's clearly been designed as a light duty short bed offroader.

>offroader
lmao

point still stands, why the fuck would anyone want manual on a fucking truck, specially a fucking Ranger?

Mahindra

Or kei trucks

The chicken tax and other things keep them away,

Compact trucks were replaced by Ford transit connects and others like it.

everything looks very disproportionate.

did they steal those wheels from a geo metro?

this and the bronco are gonna flop so hard lmao

I believe it.

That is fucking ugly.
but this looks better. Too big to not look bloated as fuck as a single cab.
It'll be expensive and I'll probably go for an old Ranger still.

Ford pushed the offroad aspect on the new ranger pretty hard with the FX4 trim.
Also the previous ranger was sold in high quantities with stick shifts so why not this one?

When towing heavy loads, I'd rather a manual most of the time. Without expensive proper transmission cooling on a slush, they burn the hell up. Cruising with a direct connection to the wheels instead of a fluid one is nice with a fat trailer prone to getting batted around by winds.

>Also the previous ranger was sold in high quantities with stick shifts so why not this one?

Being srs, EPA-CAFE IIRC is driving a lot of these 8-10 speed transmissions.
The computer's shift points putting it in a better gear (Going to be hard for a regular non-professional driver to handle the 10 gears) for Fuel economy.

You can't buy any Ford truck off the lot in a Manuel trans. They're special order only. Unlike other brands...

I'm a big fan of the Explorer Sport Tracs, so I'm pretty hyped about these, but I'll have to see what they're asking for a base model. I'll stick with my Sport Trac for now, and if its too much, I'll see about getting one on the used market in a few years.

The only one of those things you might get are crank windows, and probably not even those.

Manual trans=Firm No.
Manual Transfer case=Less likely than manual trans
Regular Cab=Confirmed no

I'd buy one. I have a 94 b3000 Mazda for my dd. I'd love to upgrade to a new one but there's no way I'm paying what everyone wants for a ten year old ranger or Tacoma and the canyon, frontier and Ridgeline are almost too big and still overpriced

>I'm convinced if some foreign manufacturer made a tiny pickup that got 35mpg freeway
Government taxed foreign small trucks into oblivion specifically to prevent the thing you said from happening.

What we can confirm is there is no such thing as a manual transfer where this exists in other markets. Like most other thing apart from a 70 series Landcruiser and the late Landrover Defender, it's an electronically shifted transfer.
It is however offered in a 6 speed manual in other markets, but then so was the Colorado before it landed in the US as an Auto only with the good engines.

so whats the deal with ford rangers in the us?, are they rare???
im from nz and they are evreywhere and cheap. i dont see why amerifags are intrested in them when yall have the f150s??

no, they literally do not come in manual at all.

My bad...

F 150s are bigger than what most people want. And they don't get as good gas mileage as these smaller trucks. The light truck should be there size of a small SUV like the older Jeep Cherokee. It's not crazy to have it as a DD, it's easy to work on, you can actually haul stuff in the bed, and it fits in the woods. But the companies keep pushing bigger trucks to the point where I don't want one anymore

theyre not out in the US, not the new one at least

They're far from rare. Every manlet who cant handle a full size truck is practically creaming their shorts because of the re-release of them.

cash for clunkers took a lot of small shitbox trucks that still had great running engines and transmissions. the rest of the truck was usually annighilated, though

seriously a small truck works so much better cutting around through traffic in the city. and parking as well

-delivery driver

older Ridgelines are cheap af here in Leafland, and afaik very reliable