BRZ/86/FRS General

I know there are a lot of ZN6/ZC6 owners on here, so post pictures of your car, tell driving stories or ask any 86 related questions.

No bully pls

I'm not slower than a minivan!

I saw one today. It had a fart can. Its off to an excellent start...

>ImDatSlaya
lol, more like ImDatFatFuck
back at it again with your bully admins
maybe fire your bully admins and you would have a chance
but me.
an intellectual.
yes me.
an intellectual.
unlike you, a pygmy, compared to my genius
couldn't even wrap your head around my car
my car a carolla is so fast it can ride on tire walls
but what can "muh FRS' do
thats right
nothing
u suck 50 year old lady cock, you lonely virgin

~Serei

Would love that wheel/tyre setup. I’m hella undecided on what I want. Looking into Rota Grids 18”, 8.5” front and 9.5” rear atm

user, do you prefer happy Subaru front facia, or upset Toyota?

Happy Subie all the way.

>BRZ/86/FRS General
More like smaller/slower/shittier than a EBM but the same price General

>BRZ/86/FRS General
If this and MFGhost make the prices stay or increase, imma kill you.

How do I get a 2013 FR-S for under 15k in Michigan?

>I DON'T LIKE THING
That's nice sweetie

Don't buy a MY13. They had the most issues. Buy a MY13 in socal and drive it back to Michigan

MY14 rather

Haha le car is le slow XDDDDDDDDD

Pre-facelift 86/FR-S is my favorite, but the BRZ wins easily now.

just posting things that toyobaru drivers see a lot

The brz, but I can get the 86 for a discount so that is the one I'm getting.

Not my car

I’ve posted my white ‘17 here a couple of times. Any of you in So Cal that hit up that touge? I was going to GMR soon and saw a red FRS at the last meet, I didn’t go though.

>CHIM Ae altadoon.jpg

Will buying an OFT + tomei uel header let me enjoy this car? I bought this car coming from an NA miata expecting an upgrade, so far its been anything but.

If you have e85 nearby you don't even need the header. Car runs so much better on e85, even stock.

Im running tomei uel with the oft e85 stage 2 and its great. Torque dip is completely gone and e85 adds a nice punch to the low end especially

Don't think I've seen a single place with E85 in north jersey, and I drive 60 miles a day, so I'd have to refuel every 3-4 days.

Is it still worth it without e85?

with that bumper, it really does look like a mini LFA
Looks better than the stock bumper at least

yeah it's a great improvement even just the base stage 2. e85 adds more kick on the low/mid end as I said, but even without that the stage 2 uel is a really good step up from stock.

I'm tryin to finance; I don't have funds to travel like that.

Help me lads

2004 RX-8 or 2015 GT86 with the aero package?

I can’t wait for these to be much cheaper in 10 more years

2016GT86

got my angeru face last year in May and it's still a lot of fun to drive

>tfw GT86 is so accepted as a tuner platform that it has dozens of body kits, a few that even look way better than OEM.

How is the fuel economy on e85?

I've only had it for just over a month, but I still love my slowmobile.

I'm currently planning out my mods/build that I'm going to start running next year. I want to keep it naturally aspirated, but rework the exhaust with unequal length headers, etc. Put in better suspension parts, new rims/wheels, and take it to shows and stuff.

A one way flight is like $65. Gas would be cheap. Overall you would be saving money

They will be cheaper, but beat to shit.

Man, I wish we had OEM 16" wheels in America.

UEL are definitely worth it.

Running the Openflash headers with tune, and the Perrin 3" resonated catback.

wat

The -04 rx8 is like 4k now...
the 15 GT86 is like 4 times that amount.

SERIOUSLY what is your budget? If you wanted to spend that kind of money on the gt86 I would def look at last 2 years of the RX8 instead of the first year.

It even has the poor hood/bumper clearance!

How difficult is it to swap the head unit with an aftermarket unit and have the back up camera work?

Head unit is an easy swap. Rear view camera should just be an rca plug but I don't have one, so can't confirm.

Getting stock aux/usb port, and mic working is a little challenging

I understand that the brz has less maintenance than an old Cayman, but how many years would it take for a 16k Cayman's maintenance (2006 - 2008) to catch up to the price of a 20k frs + maintenance?

Assume the only thing I will do on my own is piss easy work like oil changes, spark plugs, tires, and battery. The frs is certified preowned.

Have you done plugs on a boxer? Little more challenging than normal

Have you done plugs on a boxer? Little more challenging than normal

happy for you user! I don't even have an 86 yet, but planning for mods is fun

Got mine yesterday. Having a lot of fun with it.

Got mine yesterday. Having a lot of fun with it, perfect car for me because I'm a pussy that doesn't dare to drive faster than 80 mph but I like feeling like I'm going fast.

How bad is it? Also, my current question still stands.

Why not some JR12

I don't know fuck all about Caymans, but the ft86's plugs are practically right up against the wheel well. You basically have to unmount the engine and lift it up a bit

It's not like the Toyobaru is the only one with a boxer of these two.

Nice. 2015?

The local 86 mechanic here doesn't lift the engine for plugs. Depends if you have the right tools

How do you like the Perrin catback? I'm thinking about getting the Invidia R400, but I've heard good things about the Perrin too.

It's great. Nice and beefy on the low end but does not get raspy at the high end. Friend has an R400, it's nice but a bit too loud for dailying for me

What's the difference between an FR-S and a BRZ? Engineering/numbers wise.

Also GT86 too I guess; im just looking for a more or less "affordable" range RWD coup-ay with an MT that's been made recently

is this car a godsend?
>cheap
>2018 models coming off the batches
>rwd
>standard fucking LSD
>light as shit
>compatibility with other models due to rebranding? not so sure about this one

I was always under the impression that the gt86/frs/brz were literally FWD for some strange reason.

After I started investigating it, I literally fell in love.

Currently save up to finance one, or pick up a used one around end of the year.

Anyone from latin america have any luck getting 2017/2018 from their local dealers?

interested in knowing this too.

It's hard to tell just from videos. It's too bad I don't know anyone else with a BRZ. I'll have to take another look at the Perrin though.
The only thing I know of that I'd call an engineering difference is the difference in spring rates before 2015, which supposedly gave the FR-S more of a tendency to oversteer. Everything else is just styling, although supposedly the BRZ has a nicer interior than the FR-S. As far as I know, both got the same updates in 2017, although I personally hate the updated 86 front bumper.

If these things ever hit sub 4-5k I'll get one and just wear the fuck out of it.

I get the idea it would be fun in the same way a boxster is, but without me loving it unconditionally for being a Porsche and being unwilling to destroy it.

you're fucking retarded

Yes 2015

>flight
>one way
>$65
Idk what your smokin but it must be good. Avg tickect is +300 user

>200hp

there are worse things than 200hp

>flat four instead of god like inline

I already got to worry about the subietax, pls no increase
bruh get on that s/o/cal discord
also main meet on the 17th

How retarded would this car be for rallying?

>Avg tickect is +300 user
Says who?

I just paid $65 to fly from Seattle to San Francisco

You're tripping

Was there a difference between 2017 and 2018?

Post your traps bros

Some crazy bastards won 3rd place at a canadian rally with one.

thoughts on supercharging an 86?

Nothing really, maybe headunit changes?

Starting MY18 you can option the American 86 with leather seats, climate control and push button start. The BRZ is still the only one with the performance package though

Oh and also, starting MY18 you can get the 86 in a new color. Looks great imo.

Seattle is way closer than Michigan but i do agree that flight would probably be sub $100 at a shit time

If you do it the right way then you will still have a reliable car.

whoever approved that front bumper should be shot

this is the objective truth. the brz is the only option if you want to buy new

There was a Celica parked out front of my work today, and I realized how badly I wished the FR-S was sold as a Celica, and the Supra was just a restyled six-cylinder variation of it.

Fuck this BMW platform shit.

Agreed, it looks better in person but I'm very happy with my 2014. Hard to believe I've had her for over 4 years now.

I thought the 2017 had push button start.

Am I the only one that likes the jack-o-lantern?

In America, the 2017 86 came as a base model unless you bought the 860 edition. Now you can option a 86 like you could with a BRZ Limited. People have wanted that option since the FRS came out in 2013.

I would say you are in the minority

What's a good price for a 2017 86 that has been sitting on the lot for about a year? Are there any problems that come with one that sits that long?

>JR12
those look pretty good, but I'm not sure about those extra holes, and I like how concave the Grids are. Thanks for the suggestion though, maybe they'll grow on me

saw my first brz 2 days ago, eastern yuro so i rarely see nice car, it was lower then i expected it to be

I wouldn't pay more than 25k and I would try and get some dealer extras added on.

Why not just buy a BRZ instead?

As for sitting just make sure the oil is pretty new and the coolant level is good. Obviously drive it around and check underneath the car

Rotas are gross. Why do you want to put such heavy, wide wheels on such a low power car?

mostly because I like the aesthetic and I'm not very wealthy. Might change my mind though when all comes around

Found them btw: WedsSport RN-05M

Making a slow sports car even slower and less responsive is pretty much the definition of rice desu

That's just my opinion though

Because the dealerships trying to sell them are trying to make me pay 29k for the premium

Lol people are paying less than that for the performance package. You are going to the wrong dealer.

Is that with out the door price? I've checked like 3 Subaru dealerships near me.

you're probably right, but I just hate skinny wheels

>sub $100 at a shit time
Explain a 'shit time'? Been lookin for 2 days and have found nothing under $250 (MI to Cali) I feel like your not trolling tho.

Double Dubs Deserved
>Ultra D

any experience with it?