/fg/ - Falcom General #66

Previous Thread: SSS Edition

>Trails of Cold Steel PC out now:

store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- Sen III trailer has been subbed: youtube.com/watch?v=QGfoGCWHLgI

- The trailer for Sen III is out: youtube.com/watch?v=fr-8b6S6HOQ

- Trails of Cold Steel III's on track for Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive. News/article translations: gematsu.com/tag/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-iii

- Short CS3 TV ad: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII's back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- Ys Seven coming to PC, trailer/info: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-pc-first-details-trailer-screenshots

- Zwei II coming to PC via XSEED (Summer), preview stream: youtube.com/watch?v=3gVOBPNrNgU

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4/PC scheduled for late 2017

- Cold Steel 2 confirmed for PC, release date pending
twitter.com/xseedgames/status/850395724223098880

>Older news

- Check out these Trails FC & SC updates, re: translation improvements (xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization)

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA. Please complain to Falcom, not XSEED (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Extra Stuff (Guides, links, CS undub): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

BEST BOY IS HERE

Calvard when?

pre-order his game so he can keep his crossbell

Cute

Soon.™

How are you Euro and Auck-fags enjoying the demo?

Fucking hell.

I've been playing mariocom all day, but I'm sure that will be fun too.

Nevermind, domination + 50% STR buff and Rean's S-craft made me drop her health down to 15%, and finished her off with Machia's S-craft.

Also i find it funny how i never noticed this before, if you use Jusis's noble command with Machias on the party, he yells "Shut up!" instead of the usual shit when they are hit with it, or Rean's motivate.

Ah yes the tale of Arnold Christopher

Yeah, they have special voice lines for each other. I think Jusis says something along the lines of "I don't need YOUR help" if Machias heals or buffs him

Why do amerifats hate CrossBell arc

Lewd.

I love it.

the post battle banter with those two for that fight is

Is there anything I need to know before playing Cold Steel? Like, general tips you wish you would have known before starting.

No.

Play Sky.

Just go on blind.

What? Only Jusis commented on how they paid her back, Machias was just surprised they even did it, only to see her spring up back on her feet seconds later.

I remember in Jap Machias goes "I'm not going to thank you" when he's healed by Jusis.

Use a guide for missables and AP, and just play. The game is the easiest one in the series so far even on nightmare it's really manageable so long as you're not stupid.

So Im battling the cryptids in CS and the haven't been hard or anything really but I gotta say for a quartz that uses all your EP and requires you to go out of your way to fight a boss these Ancient Arts aren't really wowing me.

200% healing? That's just excessive when breath or something works just as well and I doubt Ill ever need to rely on confusing all the enemies when I can just flat out murder stomp them.

This shit's intense.

The healing one is still useful since it Overheals you. The offensive based Lost Arts and the group free turns spell breaks the game

Oh look, the obnoxious faggot is back. I've wanted to beat the shit out of this faggot for a few chapters now for making his underlings worry like that.
Will Wazy finally stop holding back now?
Also, I like this track, but I kind of thought it was reserved for the Red Constellation.

Artemis Tears is good if you don't want to use Adamantine Shield or delay meme since it increased your maximum health.

Tempestuous Roar is good for S-Craft shenaningans.

Grail Burst is good for physical character who will never use their EP anyway.

The two offensive arts are good for Hades meme or U-Material grinding in Courageous.

Woah woah this track right here is Destruction Impluse, I was under assumption that was Shirley's personal battle theme?

idk if I've ever heard the "shut up" line myself... but then again Jusis doesn't learn Noble Command until after chapter 2

I wish more of class VII had unique lines to response to each other's actions

I didn't use Lost Arts all that much on my first CS2 run, but in a pinch they can be useful. And if your turn falls on a Zero Arts you can really let loose without having to waste a turn healing EP.

>Demon-type enemies are still weak to Space
Consistency. I like it.

>since it increased your maximum health.

Oh. Well I can see how that would be handy, actually.

Well, Machias and Jusis are the only ones that really are in conflict the entire time. You should hear their Rush lines. But yeah, more unqiue lines during combat that aren't strictly combat link based would be nice.

I mean there was that Laura Fie business but that was mostly the former just kind of ignoring the latter for a little bit and then apologizing before shit got out of hand.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who reused Machias and Jusis for that fight.

Demons are dark/time, and space is heaven/light. Makes sense.

You can tell the issue never really amounted to too much with either of them since they don't have too many unique lines

What's mirage then? Neutral?

Pre-order her game and give her back her Crossbell.

Post Elie

>they let him get away
To say I'm disappointed would be a severe underestimation.

>You control Rean even during the field trip
And there's my hype gone.

I really don't understand where people were getting the idea that Rean wouldn't be the main character.

Uh, just to confirm, Randy's dad is the guy who fought Fie's foster dad from Zephyrs, right?

I better see some Fie and Randy interactions in CS3.

Why the hell is Koppe green? Was he always green and I just never noticed that on the rooftop?
I've seen this so much it's probably falseflagging, but why would anyone in their right mind expect the protagonist not to continue being Rean? This isn't the 3rd with its entirely different format, this is still a continuation of his story.

Because various screenshots show you the party (Altina,Juna,the vander guy ,sometimes Musse and Ash) with People from CS,Sky ,Ao but not Rean to be seeing.

So they guessed that Rean leaves the spotlight for certains areas/quest /chapter

Yes.

I'm sure he will, but you'llalmost certainly have Rean as the focus at least 90 percent of the time.

There people who said that Rean wasn't the focus after the trailer when we see him and a selection of the Old class VII in every major fight....the only fight without him was against campanella but we knew this wasn't the final fight against him because McBurn wasn't here.

Its the closest to neutral I guess.

I beat NISA's Ys VIII release. Besides all the shit that people have been floating around about the localization the last few days, I can confirm that Nick Doerr was an editor on Ys VIII.

Yes, the same Nick Doerr that fucked up Neptunia translations so bad that shitty fandom went in and made translation patches for the games he touched.

because in the back of game covers, you can see rean as npc, and your controlling Yuuna.

Yeah, and even FC/SC had minor scenes where you switched or split the party.

People hyped themselves up over nothing, again.

Hype restored, really hoping we don't have to play as Rean.

Got into their beta, I take it?

Nah, review copy. PC code hasn't gone out yet.

How many memes did you encounter?

How bad is it, doc? Can I expect nep-tier horseshit?

You will play as Him ,While not the 100% of the time,he will take a good chunk as party member

I want to see Fie is blacked by Leonidas

For the most part Ys VIII is a very "straight" and literal translation. To the point where it reads robotically sometimes.

It ranges from "hey they actually edited this a bit" to "big hole" and other such NISA Masterpieces™

i doubt it,maybe someone in pixiv did it,but outside of that . Rean's the out bonding her

So it's Tokyo Xanadu all over again.

Less text errors, but worse grammar and odd wording.

I fucking hate NISA so much.

well that's unfortunate

>Olivier and Dorothy prowling around a high school unchecked
That doesn't seem like a very good idea.
That's okay at least, my expectations are at 0 to prepare for anything significantly bad.

>Worse grammar than Tokyo Xanadu
I kept my expectations low but I'm still disappointed

So guys do we want NISA to handle CS3 or wat

The only positive to them getting the localisation over XSEED was dual audio.

In everything else, NISA fucking sucks.

The biggest problem is the stiffness of the text, desu. I can't understate how robotic it sounds in parts.

Thankfully Chapter 6 and the Epilogue are mostly free of errors.

Well one positive is CS3 will have dual audio and a PC port, all it took was sacrificing two lesser series to wake XSeed up.

>30 GB

HOLY SHIT ITS BIGGEST FALCOM GAME EVER

Fuck no, anyone who says otherwise is a memester too fucking braindead to use an undub patch.

That and marketing.
Fuck this monkey's paw shit, can a localization be perfect just for once?

Too many waifus and Homo moments for a 10GB game,also is a turning point in the series for bad or good (for the cast of all the games)

I'm still not sure why anyone would give a shit about dual audio in fucking Ys. Adol isn't a famous chatterbox and the characters are explicitly not Japanese.

Well from what Im hearing about their other releases Id rather they not touch it but even that aside given Xseed did the first two and well all the Sky games Id rahter they do it just for the sake of consistency

On ps4, everyone in the world right now is too fucking 'braindead' to use a undub patch.Talking about something that don't exist for now as an option is also bad.

I didn't say it was a positive for me mate, I'm not autistic enough to care, because if I cared that much I'd just use an undub.

But some anons were very happy about it. Me? I'd rather have a semi-decent translation rather than NISA "brushed up MTL" shit. At least they didn't rewrite it into memed up garbage, I suppose.

Your fault for playing on a closed ecosystem, lad. Now you get to read a shitty translation whilst listening to a language you don't understand.

Why is this thread so shit compared to neogaf trails community

Because you're a retarded CSfag.

anons are meaner here ;_;

welcome to Veeky Forums,one day the thread is golden,others random random

I know this is bait, but still. Trails/Falcom community is always shit. Neofag, Twitter, Discord, Veeky Forums, doesn't matter. Yet Veeky Forums is still the best out of those.

The private discord group is bretty gud.

Because we still haven't get Arteria game yet.

I want to be like Thomas when I grow up

falcom discord is more shit than this place

I WANT TO FUCK THE GRANDMASTER

kek

>everyone must stay serious discussing any falcom franchise under any circumstance 24/7
ok buddy

>play first run with xseed eng voice
>second run with jap voice

i have to say, xseed put a lot of effort in CS1 dub and localizing, pleasant surprise when some event is better in ENG than JAP