/xcg/ - XCOM General

War of the Chosen Edition, No Hope for GMG petition

Previous thread: News:
1)EXPANSION is out NOW
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>[YouTube] XCOM 2: War of the Chosen Announce Trailer
>[YouTube] 112 new things in XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (Yes, seriously)
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj
>Demo for the WotC photo booth now available: store.steampowered.com/app/433050/XCOM_2_War_of_the_Chosen__Propaganda_Center/

2)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point AMA
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>[YouTube] Phoenix Point Fig Movie

3)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

4)LONG WAR 2 1.4 is OUT
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844674609
>pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25894

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated a bunch of threads ago!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist!
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

First for Mario+Rabbids

>tfw you fell for the green man gaming meme
Why did I think literal ayys would want me to play xcom?

>that resolution
the fuck?

Someone bomb london plz

the next time a peace truck spreads love to the bongs, I'll remember this night

Because that's going to help you get your key faster...

Half way there...

You people are vile, wishing death upon innocent peoples simply because they happen to reside in the same country as a company that has slightly delayed in releasing keys for a fucking video game DLC

Pistols are useful

You, unfortunately, seem to have forgotten where you are.

This site isn't home to good people.

What do you expect from XCOM terrorists, sane people know ADVENT are the good guys.

>blow up a room full of kids
>starts singing about getting fucked so hard you'll leak for days

seeing this country going down the shitter is tough....atleast i got brexit to look forward too

>30 gigs

Fucking hell.

Now we see what mods are going to be updated and what mods are going to die, I hope most people are still willing to support their shit.

If I can wake up tomorrow and start my download, I'll be fine. Anything past that will be agony though. I think I am going to go through the effort of calling or emailing to complain to GMG regardless though. I did pre-order a game, supposedly I should have it right now.

>he still believes the brexit meme
Brexit will end up just like Trumps presidency, seems le epic and btfo the liberals leading up to it, turns out to accomplish jack shit and just turns into a quagmire of bullshit.

Trump's presidency is still going pretty good desu.

who /randomize/ here?

If you didn't prefer a quagmire of bullshit over a guaranteed bad result why the fuck are you playing Xcom :^)

>the talks are going to shit
>will lead to a hard brexit
you'll never guess what version of brexit i want it's hard

Sorry to tell you this user but that's a fucking thin man.

Guy on the right looks like thin mint

>US gets independence from the UK
>Gets cucked by GMG because they're not told when bank holidays are

Perfect

i am selfish AND vengeful i will not forget this day

>Pre-order game
>Don't get to play it for 3-4 days
t-thanks Washington

JUST

Lies and slander. Sgt. Hugh Mann is a fine and upstanding member of the team.

And this is my roster

>when you didnt even buy the game since a friend gifted it to you before you spent your money

Did you suck his dick?

not yet but eventually

I'm actually amazed that someone said anything.

fucking finally

You're a good friend

PLEASE BE TRUE
PLEASE DON'T BREAK MY HEART user

lads

give me a reason to buy WotC right now

to be honest, I won't play much at all because of university. I can play this week, but maybe a day max. I'm thinking of just waiting for a sale.

>Over the next few hours.
This is what I get for not being a good goy.

>hours

>All the raging faggots who asked for refunds are going to be backing up the deployment of the Steam keys even more since they have to deal with them all before sending to avoid issues

Priceless

WHERE'S THE KEY JAKE
WHERE IS THE FUCKING KEY

Wait until you have more time and it goes on sale. Or don't, you're a fucking adult.

>I won't play much at all because of university. I can play this week, but maybe a day max.

since you have fuckalltime to play you should just wait

Don't you have a laptop to play at uni? I mean I usually play in the library when I have 2~3 hour breaks.

Waiting for key so that I start the download on my 5Mbs connection all because I wanted to save $10.

ARRRRGHH...THE KEY!...jake the key!....ARRRRghhhhh

>within the next couple hours
>already 3:30 AM
fuck sakes GMG

>lads

He's British, get him!!

thanks

i fell for the tablet meme, but i usually just borrow a laptop from the library if i need certain software packages while in group study

i'm from the texas part of great britian

>really want to play WoTC
>don't want to play without mods

wtf was I thinking buying this on release?

Shit most of the mods I really like are ded and will never be updated to work for WoTC.

The part that is underwater right now?

Is the little green bar under my guys the new fatigue bar?

Play vanilla to appreciate mods. I actually don't mind since I only ever play with the bare minimum of mods,

>i fell for the tablet meme.
I can see why you need other people to make decisions for you.

Just play you faggot. It's a really good balance of RPG additions while still being simple enough that it is manageable.

Fuck like 95% of mods

It's actually their WILL, which when low causes fatigue, mental illness, and PANIC

I really don't give a shit, make your own decisions. You're a big boy now.

This, I wanted to at least start the download so I could play it Wednesday but at this rate it will be Thursday for a game I preordered and stayed up all night to start a download for.

The new Fatigue system is pretty crazy, too much rolls if they're gonna panic, obsess, berserk, etc.

That's bad you know. It's bad for literally everyone. Literally no one benefits.

2 hours to go

>tfw no Commander's Choice and Not All Created Equal

Fuck, these two things are what make the game for me.

Do I have to go read up on this because I don't understand it at all.

It basically rolls what your soldier does iirc, like Berserk will have your soldier fully unload their gun on an enemy, etc.

>B-but muh immigunts

Doesn't seem to matter to hard brexiters that we have a skills/labour shortage so any shortfall will just be made up with non-EU immigrants whom they dislike even more than Europeans, who are almost all white christians and therefore have more in common with them

What triggers the roll? Low will?

Yep also mind spin. It could trigger if a soldier gets wounded/killed/captured, etc.

>the engine performance update is locked behind the expac
>have to spend 40 dollars just for your game to not run like ass and have long load screens if you don't have an SSD

Thank you. Guess I'll just deal as I experience it myself more.

I spent half that and I'm okay with it

There is that library thing in the commander's quarters where you can read up on how some stuff works.

GMG already got the key. There just isn't anyone in their office to send it out cause it is a holiday.

r8

So is it confirmed to boost performance ? I have a potato, it runs decently but I wouldn't mind faster loading screens at all.

h8

Oh neat. Honestly didn't know about this.

I'm reading the plebbit thread and it seems they have the keys but their automated system failed to send them out

BOW YOU SHITS

you niggers can't be serious

GODS

WATCH IT NED!

It's an official statement from GMG reps

I'm going to use this to start off with my low-tier Reaper

Yeah you are telling me their system which has sent out orders time and time again suddenly fails on a banking holiday?

>We're looking into why keys were not automatically released at the go-live point, but we have them in stock and they will be dispatched within the next couple of hours. If you have placed a refund request that will be processed before we start to send keys this morning.

>Apologies for the delay.

Then I'm going to switch to this (Though maybe with a full helmet/helmet and hood) when I get higher-tier

>like the lore/look of the reapers
>prefer the gameplay of the skrimishers

help

It totally does. Screens load fast as fuckm the game isnt crawlingbwhile youre just in the ship. Its almost like they on purpose bogged down the base game because wotc runs so fast its actually crazy

You get both

Get both?

I think he wants Reaper model with the gameplay of a skirmisher.

Oh I haven't looked into the game too much, I thought it was a "you can only pick one and itll piss the other factions off and deny you access" type thing

HE'S GROWING STRONGER EVERY DAY SOON WE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO CONTAIN IT

>tfw the lost are absolute garbage and ez pickings for a gunslinger

The memes became reality boys, lets go.

Can the hero classes wear the Ruler Armors? Which class/armor combos would be the best?

>tfw unpacking the downloaded files takes much longer than the download
>on an ssd

Nope, you can get all three. On a non-story run, you can pick any of the three as your starting faction via advanced options (or whatever it was before you start a game).