What is the best full synthetic oil I can use?

What is the best full synthetic oil I can use?

Do qualities differ from brand to brand greatly?

Other urls found in this thread:

superoilcentral.com/synthetic-motor-oil-comparison/
540ratblog.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/motor-oil-wear-test-ranking/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I use either Rotella T5 or Delvac, whichever is on sale.

Buying name brand oil is a meme. You can just use vegetable oil and it works just as good for 1/3 the price.

That way when you change your oil, you can drain it into a pot and make french fries.

royal purple

Olive oil in the alley is a bit of life for you to come over

Pennzoil euro platinum, it’s the us version of shell helix ultra

The best? AMSoil from what I've heard.

Quality does not different greatly between brands. There are minor differences. The largest difference is between regular and high mileage oil, and that difference is fairly small anyways. SuperTech is Walmart's brand of oil, and I would run SuperTech full synthetic over any blend from any other company in any car.
I personally use Valvoline. In private testing it performed overall better than the other big brands. It's pretty cheap around me and I'm going to change the oil in my engine at the same interval regardless.

This study is done by AMSoil so not surprising their tests are biased towards their own product. But its a good study to compare other oils together.
superoilcentral.com/synthetic-motor-oil-comparison/

This blog has private testing and is extremely comprehensive but it's difficult to navigate the site and a long read if you go straight at it. Valvoline full synthetic was the #2 ranked 5W-30 full synthetic only falling behind AMSoil.

Doesn't matter. Even gas station brand is fine. They all use the same damn detergents, which are only there by the parts per million - same concept with gasoline brands.

My car has 240k miles, I've had it 10 years, I've got about 20 hours of track time on it and I've redlined it near-daily. I used to have full-synth, but I mostly use synth blend now. I've had 5 different types of oil in my car before (different brands, weights, and reg+blend+synth), and I'll go hoon and do donuts and shit. I have had zero issues.

Same here as this user but I don’t even use oil at all it is a myth engines run just fine dry.

All the German manufacturers use Castrol Syntec. I believe they make the best 5W-40, which is common in German cars.

I think your experience has more to do with your car and its engine than the oil your using cause that's some pretty damn high mileage for that kind of abuse.

follow this ratblog. Most oil discussion is just brandfagging but this guy actually put some tests behind it. Personally I like mobil1 for synth and pennzoil for conventional.

they also have higher levels of ZDDP and other additives specific to German manufacturer specifications

I thought it was M1 that was poopular with germans

read too many shady things on royal purple to ever consider. Something about nano polishing materials they put in the oil.

>read too many shady things on royal purple to ever consider.

its fucking dyed purple. That "did it for the meme" shit right there should have been enough for people to never use it

what do we think of this fag's blog?

Depends on your vehicle.
I’ve got an old jap turbo diesel 4x4 so it’s either delo400 or Penrite HPR diesel.

>we
Veeky Forums is not a hivemind you stupid newfag

My e46 even recommends this so castrol full synthetic 5-30 is what I go by. God damn I hate how specific german cars are, if this car wasn't paid off already I would make it someone else's asspain

I've NEVER seen a German car use anything less than 5w-40. Interesting.

pennzoil platinum
made from natural gas