/fog/ - Fallout General

If it's clean and fresh, your mod's a mess.
If it's dirty and poor, it's fits the lore.

>Fallout 1 and 2
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations & Run Ideas etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy
>Babbys first modding guide
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/fallout-new-vegas-sigourns-recommended-mods.114486/

>Fallout 4
>General Information, Mod Recommendations etc:
pastebin.com/2W7Dhy69

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository
>Steam Guide of good mods
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752795517

>GUNetwork
>Rips (Primarily for NV):
drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B45SllNAhiQscHhxR28tZ1FwNTA

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>OP Pasta
>Please use the info from this link when creating new threads:
pastebin.com/raw/dFMpLWAX

pre-war thread

Other urls found in this thread:

fritolay.com/snacks/product-page/cheetos/cheetos-crunchy-cheddar-jalapeno-cheese-flavored-snacks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Always love that clappy wood instrument

First for cute character.

>He doesn't own ABRAXO CLEANER(TM) and lives like a savage

Looks like amari.
Stop posting.

Very nice, user. For some reason, it reminds me of Lucy Abernathy, despite Lucy being ugly as sin.

>not first
>not cute

Thanks. Its probably the flannel and short hair.
>looks like amari
wut Its literally Nora with different hair and eye color.

That hair better be a bun user. She looks nice overall.

Its a short ponytail.

>browse through the last thread
>apparently Maxwell's World is in the CC

Wait a second I thought already released mods couldn't get in?

It's a meme you dip.

french onion or jalapeƱo cheddar

Neither, because both of those are good. You're store bought generic bean dip.

That's fine too, carry on.

That's a pretty harsh statement user, I'd say he's at least fritos brand bean dip.

btw if you guys have never dipped Jalapeno Cheetos in either fritos bean/hot bean dip or their various cheese dips you are fucking missing out. It's so damn good.

You have to think of a new, major faction Fallout villain for the next series that isn't a major faction from a previous game such as Enclave, BoS, mutant army, NCR, etc.

Go.

Chink spies? Canadian shitposters?

>btw if you guys have never dipped Jalapeno Cheetos

They make those?

Bethesda HQ ghoul remnants

That location exists in the lore.

>faction VILLAIN
Nah, I'd rather give the players a choice and allow them to join them despite being 'evil'.

Canadian guerilla freedom fighters who think the war is still raging.

Hhmm, really depends on the location for the next game. If in the south then obviously the Major Villain will be an annoyingly hamfisted show of how bad being a racist slave owner is.
Give me a location and I'll think of something to fit, I guess.

silver shroud is one of my favorite quests in FO4.

Hell yeah, my man. They're good on their own but with cheese or bean dip they're fucking great.
fritolay.com/snacks/product-page/cheetos/cheetos-crunchy-cheddar-jalapeno-cheese-flavored-snacks

A much better thing to spend your money on than paid mods, even if the paid mods have a seamless(hehe) integration.

What the fuck skeleton is that.

Trying too hard there buddy.

How many other side quests are there in FO4?

Ghoul Whale.

Todd "Paid fucking mods" Howard

Literally Hundreds.

What is the deal with the ghoul whale anyway? What's the legend? How did that become a meme?

Is the paid mod thing going to fail again, or like a ton of people predicted with the steam paid mods last time that they are just gonna keep trying it until it eventually sticks? I don't really see too much bitching about it like last time. Maybe because it's "just fallout 4" right now, and not a steam thing. Yet.

Disappointed.

If it's a large group, how did that group come to be in the US, and survive the bombs and lethal radiation? If it's a small cell, what makes them such a major threat that a game can be centered on their conflict?

What motivation would said army of ghouls have that bring into conflict with the character or other factions? They have before with Tenpenny Tower, what would make them a threat for an entire game?

I don't actually give a fuck whether you personally find good and evil relative concepts or not, and asked nothing about that. Every game has had a major faction villain that poses a much greater threat to the people of the region than the standard raiders/slavers/jerks.

Would this idea hold water 70-210 years after the world ends? What reason do they have to think the great war is still going on/relevant? Are Americans still holding Canada?

Midwest US, year... 2200.

>What motivation would said army of ghouls have that bring into conflict with the character or other factions? They have before with Tenpenny Tower, what would make them a threat for an entire game?

No need for any of that motivation shit, it would be wacky and that's all you need to become an evil faction in FO5.

Bar Harbor has Whale Watching Tourism today so i'd assume that's a reference.

It's just the banter of one generic Bunker Hill cravaneer who tells the story of the cousin of her mothers sisters uncles father who saw a ghoul whale once.

I'm still mad that I can swim in the water without a care in the world (aside from rads).
Mutated dolphins and whales should've made it in.

>I noticed you've been slamming the series' writing lately
>here's your chance to write an interesting faction with motivations that make sense /fog/
>thanks but nah senpai, more wacky shit with minimal thought tyvm

Literally infinite.

not interested in discussing how realistic things are in an alternate universe post-apoc game w/ talking mutants and ghouls

>year 2200
Nah, try again m8. Bethesda doesn't do prequels for Fallout or Elder Scrolls games. Midwest Year Fallout 4+ though doesn't really have anything to work with aside from the Legion or Whatever was all in Tactics.

That's the point. Something new, no Legion, no tactics stuff which technically doesn't exist anyway.

Go further than 2287 if you want, I personally feel like going further past the apocalypse than the series already has is causing problems, but it doesn't have to.

How do I denegro my character? At some point their face went blacker than that minuteman blackie.

>Pre-War Mexico broke down with the resource wars, the government collapsing in very last years of the war, giving rise to various cartels and lawless conglomerates carving up the country for themselves.
>Without the US - backing out due to food shortages - a proper standing army and unprotected borderss, Chinese infiltration was rampant across the nation. Submarines would discretely deliver troops, weapons and arms across the nation. Arming the cartels and further destabilizing territory near the border. Masking a future land invasion of the Texas and Four States commonwealth while the US was occupied with their own Chinese invasion.
>But then the bombs dropped and without vaults the Mexican population was almost wiped out. Few true humans are left and the nation is populated by ghouls; feral and sentient.
>A new government has rose in the decades after the war. A nation populated by pre-war ghouls that is wholly Mexican at heart but discretely ruled by the preserved Chinese operatives and guerrilas who had hidden out in their bunkers.
>Old World resentment to the US manipulated into full-blown fervor and warmongering. They mean to finish what the Chinese started and launch their invasion of the US centuries late.

Texture bug, buy the Bugfix Elite Pack on the CC for 300 Toddbux

Otherwise just quicksave, load a previous autosave so the game has to load the textures again and it should go away. Closing the game and launching it again should work too.

BLACKED
If reloading doesn't fix it stop using 4k facetextures, gamebryo can't handle something that advanced

Now that is some good motivated villainy, and it explores relatively unexplored ideas in Fallout too (Chinese infiltrator operations, status of Mexico) I knew you wouldn't let me down user.

Even when wearing a gasmask, I must wear the sunglasses.

Closing the game and reloading it fixed it. All these weird bugs that turn you into a darkie are strange.

Is fo4 enemy level scaling level locking or preset level ranges?

Post-War African civilization rising from what was left after the ressource wars, didn't get nuked because they were of no value or risk.
After two centuries sends out expiditions to the other continents to cleanse them for the glory of the New Ashanti Empire with their not-prydwen.

Thanks. I probably could've written it down better, but its only something floating around in my head. About future Fallout games set on the west or mid-west.

While I still believe Fallout should only ever be in America, I've always wanted to see a Mexican presence involved heavily in a game. One way or another.

Neo-aztec invasion would be good.

>I don't really see too much bitching

Depends where you look. The announcement page on Steam is wall to wall bitching.

>is it going to fail again

Too early to say. They haven't done themselves any favours by making the initial release mostly recycled assets and rehashes of already existing mods, but that's only a major hurdle for them on PC; console players are another matter.

It also depends on how true Trainwiz's claims that they have bigger proper-DLC sized stuff in the works are; if they can deliver something actually worthwhile, they might be able to make it stick. If they continue with $5 gun reskins, they won't really be able to compete with the Nexus.

I wonder how many years the Nexus has before Bethesda sends them a C&D?

>Moorcock
Is this some sort of joke?

So, my game seems bugged. Allen and a number of the Far Harbor NPCs are sort of just standing around a kneeling CoA member while Allen continuously fires? I found some suggestions to try and pickpocket and then run away to reset their AI. Any other suggestions I can try tomorrow?

>spoiler
OH, GOD

It's definitely some tongue in cheek humor from the author, illustrator, publisher, or all three.

Its his fucking name for ffs

Fallout 4 is like Skyrim in that enemies scale to you, but the further away from the starting area you are, the higher minimum level they have.

There are you places you can go where enemies will always be at least level 30 or w/e, even if you are level 1.

reverse pickpocket a nuka grenade into the kneeling guys pocket

in big, bold, black letters far exceeding his first name or the title of the book, the cover of which happens to feature black males conquering DC

the author probably wasn't in on it, I'll give you that, but the illustrator was definitely having a giggle.

>hue hue hue he said cock xD
Calm down kid

Retard, all his books are like that.
Exceptionally retarded

No, that's just the coverart they chose for a while.

When the fuck are Veeky Forums mods going to ban cuck posters they are so fucking stupid holy shit. Look at the posts itt all they fucking think about is this shit. They are destroying the site.

what was the story with this one? the only rimjob modding drama I know was gategate because arthmoor's autism can be seen from space

Basically, when the first paid modding thing happened, the SkiUI guy said he was going to make all new versions of SkyUI paied only, though you could still download all the earlier versions for free

didn't he also set all his other mods to pay mode only too?

Ok, thats what i assumed but some of the things i read on the internet acted like it worked like some games ive played where you enter an area and that locks that area to your level (within a range) for the entirety of the rest of that playthrough

>i read on the internet acted like it worked like some games ive played where you enter an area and that locks that area to your level (within a range) for the entirety of the rest of that playthrough
IT does, for interior cells

The moment you enter a dungeon it becomes locked to your level.

Outside areas continue t level with you though.

It's mixed.Interior Cells respawn their loot after a while but it's locked to the level and doesn't scale anymore.
Levelled Powerarmors you can find in the overworld are also level locked. So if you run through an exterior cell that has a PA hidden somewhere in it it will forever be a T45 even if you come back months later.

It pretty much punishes you for exploring.As dumb as it sounds, the smartest way to play FO4 is powerlevelling up to level 30 before visiting any dungeons.

>It pretty much punishes you for exploring.
It does no such thing m8.

Go to bed Todd.

>Le anyone who disagrees is Todd meme
Go back to /v/

no i was here first

From all the pictures I've seen of the CC in-game browser, it looks like it doesn't have the name of the author anywhere. Is it everything under Bethesda's name, the author only receiving whatever money they pay him? Because it doesn't sound right; how is the community supposed to know who they have to insult/praise?

Everything in CC at the moment was made by Bethesda.

That's what the quality is so underwhelming.

>how is the community supposed to know who they have to insult/praise?
You are aware that the whole reason it was made mostly anonymous was because of how violently idiotic people got towards modders last time they did paid modding?

I just finished 4 and I gotta ask what was their fucking problem?
Does the game ever explain why the Institute kidnaps people and what it does with them?
I went with the Minutemen btw

Yes, basically it was autism.

Rightly so.

The current lineup with the exception of the backpack and shotgun was made inhouse.
But even then it's technically just contract work.It's legally and technically made by Bethesda.

>Does the game ever explain why the Institute kidnaps people and what it does with them?
Yes...... how the fuck are people so fucking stupid as to miss shit they spoon feed you?

The Institute kidnaps people for various reasons
1. They do so to replace them with synth agents so they can spy on areas with high levels of Anti-Institute sentiments.

2. They replace people like the mayor of Diamond City, so they can control the populace, and drive them against each other, so they can't untie against The Institute.

3. The replace people like roger Warwick so they can seize areas of resources and do experiments on the surface such as testing new kinds of crops that thrive in radioactive environments.

4. The people they replace are killed.

As much as I complain about New Vegas being the most hand holdey, spoon feeding, game made, I sometimes wonder if Obsidian did it because they knew people couldn't be assed to actually ask questions or pay attention.

Okay, let me rephrase my question.
Do you ever get to confront Father about it?

Long post user but you somehow missed the main reason.
The reason they kidnap is they don't actually kidnap. They recruit potential scientists and replace them with a Synth.

No

Unless you like, tell him you're dissapointed in him on his deathbed

I think even if you side with the Institute you can pick a for the evuls line to say to him as he's dying

>Do you ever get to confront Father about it?
Sort of, you can ask him why the Institute bothers to fuck with the people of the surface like that, and Father explains that while they don't typically care about what the people of the surface do, they also understand that the surfacers paranoia makes them violent, and likely to try to attack The Institute, and only a fool would be blind to such threats, so they take measures to ensure that The Institute can't be harmed.

I don't understand.
Why would you want to do that?

>yes......
you have to go back

>The reason they kidnap is they don't actually kidnap. They recruit potential scientists and replace them with a Synth.
You seem to be mistaken.

They do get outside Scientists like Doctor Li, and that other guy, but most synth replacements, such as the mayor of Diamond City, aren't because they are scientists.

That user only has half the picture. Basically they abducted people who had skills they needed.
The morally dubious occurrences are due to bureaucratic bungling and egotistical scientists being pig headed.
Easiest one is probably Kelogg their guy on the outside who happens to be a murdering raider asshole.

Buffscale is full of shit yet again, see

I wonder why they didn't put much other stuff into the CC lineup

Nope.jpg. Main reason the kidnap is for apptitude. Secondary reason is for intelligence and they target sick people. Remember they weren't always hiding.

>replacing the DC mayor, warwick and that random hobo in Goodneighbour was just a bungle

>Basically they abducted people who had skills they needed.
Again, this is half wrong

They do kidnap useful people, such as that one scientist.

But most synth replacements, such as those for the mayor of diamond city, roger Warwick, and Art, are done simply to insert agents.

None of those people had any high scientific knowledge or useful skills.

They were simply kidnapped, tortured, and killed, so that they could be replaced.