/twg/ - Total War General

Reminder not to criticize our benevolent, talented CA overlords.

Dark Elves Battle Let's Play:
youtube.com/watch?v=phpMYkFodkE
Dark Elf Campaign Let's Play
youtube.com/watch?v=h7e3jCd62C0

New World Map Full Reveal
youtube.com/watch?v=5vq6EORl57A
New World Map:
totalwar.com/blog/eye-vortex-campaign-map/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Skaven In-Engine Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=k8EQ1KNkpmw

Norsca - Launch Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=6vhEhC40BNw

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Dark Elves In-Engine Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zB6FaGBz0Lo

Total War Saga Announcement Blog
totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-announce-blog/

Roster Reveal:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/dark-elf-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/skaven-army-roster/

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Last thread: →

Screenshot sharing, talking about how #epic Grace is, and campaign posting are all encouraged!

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/X2X0RW37
youtube.com/watch?v=NNC0kIzM1Fo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who /goodgoy/ here?

>walls in WH are static, they dont have crumbling animation

Except its more like you take 1 apple and replace it with a watermelon, retarded autists will shout
>REEEE WHERES MUH OTHER APPLE

FIRST FOR /OURGUY/ DARREN THE MADMAN

it's from the lore

First for spaghetti spilled!

Yes I do, doesn't mean I haven't played Warhammer, I've made tons of webms for it.

But when I see them selling the same product twice at full price, for a game that cost 120 bucks to have a complete experience and then manage to make things look even worse (in a game that has much smaller battles than previous titles) or fail to deliver on actual important things like naval battles or army painter, I get mad.

Then there's all the minor stuff that I don't want to even bother mentioning, that when you add up really makes you understand how much they are cutting corners in Warhammer to pour money into other projects.

Its a magic wall :^)

>pastebin.com/X2X0RW37

pastebin summary of Darren's rants and whatnot

Cheapest place to get Warhammer 2 in Europe?

He's a good guy.

>muh, muh graphics!
It sure is easy to spend the time to make things look pretty when everything looks the same!

>Double kill!
>Triple kill!
>MONSTER K-KILL!
>You unlocked the 25 kill streak!
>Tactical nuk- Black ark bombardment launched!
>Murderous prowess activated!
>Battle ended, elapsed time:3 minutes

>We finally get a based OP that calls out UNCREATIVE ASSEMBLY on their shit
>Still keeps in all the links to videos and articles about Total SHITHAMMER

Why?

Your summary is subjective, for example Warhammer compares monsters to elephants mechanically, not gameplay wise and he's right.

>that retarded ai just running in circles
Uuuuh histards?

>He can't tell loose formation apart when he sees it

Oh wait I forgot Warhammer doesn't fucking have loose formation.

did atilla have the best sieges? apart from playing on the same maps all the time the settlements and cities were great. its the only TW where I've really enjoyed sieges I just realised. and i barely played it.

Are you being disingenuous?

How much longer do we have to endure this shitposting and historyfag salt?

>Warhammer 2

He expects to move into any industry and work "for the consumers" without that industry being focused on profit and safe business decisions? I feel bad for the guy, he still thinks he's gonna find his willy wonka factory.

Yeah I think they were the best sieges, had the AI worked properly though M2 would have had the best sieges because I give more importance to multi layer sieges than siege escalation and fire.

kek

I don't know. What really gets me is that they nitpick over shit like fucking particle effects all the time or CA not adding shitty naval battles instead of whatever their actual supposed criticisms are (aside from sieges being bad, which everyone agrees on)

goyim

Insider bro here.

As you can guess, none of the drones are actually paid. It's more grim than that. They're all fighting over the spot of Top Shill for the right to mate with their queen, Grace.

And if you think they can escape, guess again. Those drones that fall behind become, well, let's just say content isn't the only thing CA is cuts.

Anyways, the deals starting to become shaky since Grace seems to be backing out. Expect things to get even more hectic as the pheromones fly. Over and out.

It does say in the first line that I'd put in my own comments at time, the summary of what Darren himself says isn't subjective however aside from the potential to miss things.

That aside, what the fuck does mechanically mean if not gameplay wise? It's definitely not about animations and you're saying its not about gameplay so what is it exactly? The entire point was about faction diversity and the monsters add diversity, elephants are just one unit.

This is seriously pathetic.
Do you think anyone besides those with crippling autism gives a fucking shit that the towns layout is similar?
>inb4 le drone
just kill yourself.

>My post specifically mentions that sieges are shit
>Le post epig minimap screenshot a third time!

>That aside, what the fuck does mechanically mean if not gameplay wise?

It can have different gameplay but be mechanically the same, Darren was simply dismantling the argument drones make when they say "see they updated stuff now we have monsters!" when they simply reused the blueprint they created for Rome 2 elephants.

Like Darren said, the only new thing they really did is flying units, and those are janky as fuck (even vortex spells use artillery damage calculations, which is why a lot of the vortex spells cause damage in retarded ways).

Apologies my friend, I meant Warhammer 1.5

> important things
> naval battles
> army painter

fucker, you've gotten yourself hyped up on your own design wank, you have no clue what you want in a game.

Defend it drone

Will this work against vlad?

It's just some drone that has been broken by the constant shitting on of his beloved game and is now falseflagging.

You still aren't explaining how they're the same if they play different, look different, and basically share nothing with elephants aside from being counted as large units. By that logic elephants are practically the same as cavalry

You need some guns at least.

Deflect more, goycuck

YOU PEOPLE ARE INSANE

THE LAST TIME I HEARD THIS MUCH COMPLAINING ABOUT DRONES, A WEDDING WAS BOMBED

Nah.

>2022
>CA releases their next major historical title
>the game is just an mspaint drawing of europe
>move your dot on the campaign map to an enemy dot and either retreat or autoresolve
>reddit praises it as a masterpiece
>due to competition, paradox DLC becomes $5 cheaper

in their defense while the layout looked the same it seems like they scaled up everything to be bigger so you're not trying to cram through a small corner.

Sales Associate at Walmart, you're not expected to actually sell anything as you're not supposed to make claims about a product, so all you can do is politely show them to where it is and then just give your honest opinion about it anyways if they ask and/or read the fine print for the customer.

What faction should i choose for my new campaign on very hard?

As of right now im just drifting from one to the other not really being able to commit.

Any pointers for interesting campaigns one might have overlooked?

good goy

>(even vortex spells use artillery damage calculations, which is why a lot of the vortex spells cause damage in retarded ways).

That's meaningless under-the-hood stuff mostly though. Would it kill you if you knew that the Monorail in Fallout:New Vegas was actually an invisible NPC with a fucked up hat running very fast?

Go back and play Rome 2, elephants behave the same as Warhammer monsters, they even had attacks that hit multiple models in a game where matched animations were prevalent.

Honestly, Warhammer is mechanically based on Rome 2, it was developed at the same it, the only innovation is flying and non matched combat (if you can call that innovation, since it's basically going back to M2 combat)

You don't realize that all you're doing is make more people see this bullshit and hate CA even more in your attempt to falseflag.

it would kill me with laughter.

>due to competition, paradox DLC becomes $5 cheaper
lmao

>That's meaningless under-the-hood stuff mostly though.

Is it meaningless? had it been an actual new mechanic with proper coding on an updated or new engine we wouldn't have the ridiculous problem where light units come out unscathed out of bombardment and vortex spells but heavy units get fucked and cavalry units get annihilated.

Good stuff user

>meaningless under-the-hood stuff

By that logic all infantry behave the same and all missiles units behave the same then how is it ever possible to have faction diversity if everything behaves the same? Just because monsters do splash damage doesn't mean they can't fulfill different roles.

>drones WILL defend this

Its how Bethesda did the trains in Fallout 3 as well.

Jesus christ if you're not going to bother reading the posts why even respond?

>no banners/musicians
>no speeches aside from quest battles
>no 1v1 giant animations, they attack each others ankles instead
>no minor settlements
>no night battles
>no units pushing siege towers
>no reload animations for the majority of units
>no seasonal changes
>no multiplayer avatar conquest from Shogun 2
>no burnable cities mechanic from Attila
>no siege escalation mechanic from Attila
>no random civilians running around during a siege feature from Attila
>no dynamic music feature from Attila
>no vomiting soldiers during battle when the army is struck with the plague feature from Attila
>no breathless and tired looking soldiers during battle when they're fighting in forced-march stance feature from Attila
>no unique camp-site battle map while in encampment stance
>Karl Franz visually holding Ghal Maraz even though he hasnt unlocked the quest yet
>Archaon's helmet clipping still not fixed a year after release
>generals no longer gain visual upgrades as they rank up(i.e. viking generals in Attila would gain a gold trimmed helmet at rank 4 and a fully decked out gold helmet at rank 8)
>no dismount cavalry option during battle
>no shock cavalry using swords in melee
>no visual trade caravans or trade ships on the campaign map
>no roads
>no naval battles
>no family trees
>no governors
>no bridge battles
>no BANNERS AND MUSICIANS

>Drones are ants and their queen is Grace

Is it pottery?

God damn.

No, because pottery is a trade resource and that will be removed in the next total war.

>tfw Darren's resignation gave the signal for the histfag counterattack to retake their beloved general from the hands of drones

HISTORY UNITE, HAMMER AND ANVIL THE FANTASYFAGS THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS ANYWAY

>the next total war.

You're not explaining how elephants are the same as monsters in terms of faction diversity. You're quite literally trying to defend a point where Darren claims one type of elephant unit is equivalent to the monster units in tww when it comes to diversity. Just cause bunch of monsters do splash damage doesn't mean that monsters can't also be diverse. Your point about the most basic mechanic of how monsters hit isn't even relevant cause nobody was saying the mechanics had to innovate, Darren was trying to counter the diversity argument

these threads are rapidly becoming to cancerous to bother with.

I'm not because I never attempted to or have an interest to, refer to

hello CA mods

can i use the excuse that implementing features is now more technically complex compared to 15 years ago?

sincerly,
droneposter 897462

Settle down, beavis.

>This fucking drone again
>Repeats the same shit every single time when the fact alone that people dispute that naval is shit means it's not

Amazing.

Permission Authorized.

You're delibnerately misframing the argument that Darren was countering, he was specifically talking about faction diversity.

LOVE ETERNAL!

Spamming wont convince anyone
Just saying

desu considering warhammer has its own engine who knows what the fuck CA have done to it. From the sounds of it though they could do anything if they actually bothered given Darren's words regarding having a tools team.

Literally all have the same fucking face, I don't understand why, making faces is not so difficult.

It was obviously framed in the context of how much work went into the game, the only reason it was even mentioned in the first place is that people were excusing 4 factions at launch because of the "work" CA put into making new mechanics.

ENOUGH OF THE COMMUNITY DRAMA AND HATE

Let's talk Total War love
youtube.com/watch?v=NNC0kIzM1Fo
GET IN THERE NINJALAD!

Implementing faces is hard.

It's a falseflag, he's doing our job in our place lol.

Wait Ninjahund is that young? Dude looks almost 30

>kinda hard to predict DLC sales
Darren practically spoonfed people that DLC packs are made by 8 people for 2 months and they sell ~30k just on the first day. Which means they have an insane profit margin on it.

He did not compare fliers to elephants, he quite clearly said fliers, like vortex spells, are a new feature. He still said fliers are shit though.

>Warhammer 2 being a better game means they are putting more money into it
Not at all. Just because design aspects are better doesn't mean they cost more to make. For example I think most would agree Norsca is a better designed faction than the Empire. Do you think it cost more to make them? I don't. Not to even mention the first game already got all the groundwork done, and they're also able to reuse assets.

Thats retarded, Darren explicitly mentions faction diversity, not mechanics. Diversity of gameplay isn't dependent solely on whether there are new mechanics otherwise there would literally be no diversity between any faction

Yeah but the context it was framed in was about the effort CA put into said factions.

Ninjahund is good but listening to his stream is fucking awful given how prone he is to screaming.

Who is better in MP, him or Turin?

>84 posts
>23 IP's

It's the new deflection method of drones, whenever a drone has his bad purchase pointed out, he has to deflect to something that has nothing to do with it.

So when his bad purchase was being completely shat on the drone latches to even the most pathetic form of defense and attempts to make it his bulwark, hence why such an unfunny and unrelated post got so many replies.

MAKE THAT 24. I'M HERE!

Are you THE White Dwarf?

We've had one guy constantly posting the same image. Really it's just one or two really angry histfags up at really weird hours.

Warhammer Funposting will resume pretty soon.

Will this general really be a handful of autists soapboxing about muh drones for the next month?

Isn't parroting Darren more drone-y than enjoying Total War games?

Are you trying to argue that creating faction diversity doesn't take effort?

> Really it's just one or two really angry histfags up at really weird hours.

Actually it's a broken fantasyfag looking up filenames and copying old posts.

>faction diversity
-No Underempire
-No Warplock Jezzails
-No Ratling Gunners
-No Poison Wind Mortars
-No Doom Flayer
-No Giant Rats
-No Wolf Rats
-No Brood Horror
-No Verminlord

I want to kiss those abs

Not really, the design process is not an expensive one, most money goes into coding/art/marketing, and the coding aspect is out when they are mechanically the same.

Warhammer TW was an effort of the art and marketing department, design and mechanically wise is very, very underwhelming.

>parroting

Alot of posters were already talking about the shit Darren talked about for months way before he did his stream

Throgg's the one who's supposed to be doing the trolling, laddie

You might want to wait a bit, that spray paint still looks wet.

>implying verminlord isn't in the game when it's clearly a ritual objective

Hopefully it'll pass. I've seen too many formerly fun AF generals devolve into autistic shitposting.