Ram Rebel?

I am looking for a new truck but I am poor fag so no Raptor. I have been looking at Ram Rebel (pic related) what are your thoughts on the 4x4 Hemi?

Other urls found in this thread:

dodge.com/universal/webselfservice/pdf/H46.pdf
media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=15075&mid=1
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's better looking than the raptor, but that's as far as my knowledge about it goes.

Srt10 or chevy as faggot

Heresay is they like to eat transmissions and they aren't that popular. We had two for the longest time and nobody wanted them. Finally got rid of one, though.

t. Work at a Dodge dealership

>they like to eat transmissions
Is this true?

engine is ancient and will never die. The transmission is another story. FCA just sucks the life and money out of their customers with no remorse

No worse than any other Chrysler.

What about the HD trucks? Is their manual transmission any good?

Thoughts in bullet points, I can elaborate if you want to know more

- Yes it does need the V8 in a truck that heavy. Some are like 5900lbs and change, and have the low payload (on the doorsticker anyway) to prove it.
- It rides like a cloud, and on 33in E-rated AT tires too. If you're in a dry climate you'll likely like the tires.
It seems to be "eh" in cold/wet ones. Those reviews are mixed. Some absolutely HATE them and ditch them quickly for BFG KO2s.
- 15mpg city, 20mpg highway is realistic if you drive conservatively.
If you drive like Jeff Gordon, It'll be closer to 12-13mpg/19mpg.
- It is not a raptor. I am no Ford fanboy. It is not a raptor. It is not a Wrangler rubicon.
It is a factory luxury truck that can ALSO offroad, that looks sexy like a Gen 1 raptor. It comes with many of the things that guys do to their truck.
1in lift, 33 A/Ts, "Seat covers", a different grille, hood, etc. They just decided to sell it to you instead of having you sexy it up.
This is more or less how a truck should be sold, lifted with Factory all terrains.
- The ramboxes are worth it.
- The payload is not stellar. Non of the "offroady" vehicles can seem to get around this.
Even the power wagon is like 1500lbs-1700lbs. Which in a heavyduty truck where some of those 3/4tons are WAYYY above that, is low.
the raptor at 660.
This will effect your towing max as well due to tongue weight.
- It's a bit "big" at first if you've never driven a fullsize truck, but it does drive like a big ass car. Air suspension man.
- I believe they come standard with Limited Slip Diffs.
There is debate on which is better, real locker or LSDs. LSDs are better on road, RLs for off, so say some.
- The 8.4 screen is big enough, and useful and easy to use for media stuff.

>It's better looking than the raptor

- The seats are comfortable, I know I've said this 1000times but it is worth repeating. This thing is a big easy chair on a 4x4 frame on 33in tires.
It can tow, it can haul, it can go offroad.
- The Aero mode (the air suspension raises and lowers), lowers on the highway. It tightens up a little bit, mpg improves a little bit, it's lower to the ground and you can feel it when cornering at speed.
- The 8speed ZF transmission is dynamite. Ignore the know-nothings.
- It does not have an Auto 4x4 mode, this unit is more robust. 2WD, 4x4 Hi/4x4 Lo. (no 4x4 Auto).
- Realistically? For many trails you'll be looking at with a $55,000 wide heavy truck, 4x4 and tires counts for a lot. The Rebel can do this for sure. It's a fullsize truck, it doesn't have the angles of the Wrangler 2door, it's not a baja buggy Raptor, it doesn't have the power wagons winch or axles.
And yet most of those vehicles never see anywhere close to their full capabilities. The tires and ground clearance accounts for a lot of what those vehicles will see.
- Exhaust is too quiet stock.

it is, much better looking, especially in black like the OP

This is good info. ty based user

>they like to eat transmissions
Is this true?

Not in the slightest.

Worth mentioning: The raptor is 6in wider than an already large fullsize truck. Harder to fit and park.

OP here thanks for the info.

its a chrysler
if you know anything about chryslers, then you wouldn't want it

Welcome OP.
Seems to me like you're thinking you're looking for a good Truck to do truck stuff with, little of this, little of that, you like how it looks and a few things about it.

I say go for it.
Change the exhaust, embrace chad status

I've had really good luck with with with my Dodge truck op. It's a 97 2500 Cummins 4x4 Manuel with 350k and still going strong. I've had it for 11 years now and don't see any reason to upgrade to a newer diesel yet.

Don't let these guys scare away from a brand that they've probably never owned.

>Is in all the most notoriously unreliable vehicles

If i were to buy a half ton truck I would pick a ram out of the big three. But I would look at the Nissan Titan as well. But only because I think you can still get that with a solid front axle but I might be wrong

I think the Titan is IFS, and it's an underrated Truck. They studied the market, it's supposed to be quite luxurious and well thought out - it's a bit old in some ways but it's underrated. Titan boxes, were a neat touch, the aesthetics work for more than who would readily admit it, the pricing isn't really out of line with modern 1/2ton pricing.
In "blind" tests it does well.

The Titan XD is a "class plus" truck. It is NOT a 3/4ton, it's closeish in size, it's really a 1/2 on roids that you can get with a diesel V8. It also rides much nicer than a 3/4ton truck, so some say anyway. Can be had in Pro4x trim.

Ranking the desirability of their best V8 trucks, by my tastes and their current options in the 1/2 ton class today:
- Ram 1
- GMC 2
- Nissan 3
- Chevy 4 (Looks vs GMC)
- Toyota 5
- Ford 6
The reality is they're all pretty good. It's a hotly competitive segment, and they are killing eachother for profits/consumer dollars. None of them above make a bad truck, they can't, the market would clean them out. Nissan makes a decent truck, but truck buyers are so damn loyal it's hard to break through.

you fucking tard, it's designed by the germans but manufactured under license by literal hoosiers in indiana, whose facility is known for making some of the most atrociously short-lived transmissions of the 90s and 2000s.

>2500 Cummins
My boy. 289,000 miles here

Cummies are better so its like comparing apples to oranges

lucky assholes, those things are stupidly expensive now

>Good design

Yup.
Fantastic transmission, should serve their users well.

(((truck)))

this is a truck m8. what you have is a cuckmobile

>The Chad worktruck

Is it exhausting being a fuckin legend like that all the time?

Why do people buy huge gas burning trucks when they don't haul anything? I'm a milfag and I see this constantly. Isn't anything a better, less expensive option than a truck when just driving from A to B?

t.sedanfag

Why drive a sports car when you never go to the track or exceed 80mph? Do you follow these people around 24/7 to make sure they never haul anything?

>buying new
>buying a truck of all vehicles new

Its more of a personal preference, people want to drive cars(big trucks) that they find cool and interesting. Also highly modified or high trim level trucks can be used as a status symbol the same way a sports car can. Also they are quite useful for the bi-monthly hauls only a truck can do.

>spending $40k on a Toyota with 200k miles
>spending $20k on a clapped out work truck

Not hauling things is evident by pristine beds and unused (often unattached) hitches, as well as owners freely admitting that bed capacity/load weight didn't didn't matter.

My CPO has a very nice 2017 chevy he just bought that's decked out, but he could have gotten similar features and interior space with a luxury SUV without being brutalized by gas prices or small parking spaces for cheaper too.

I'm not trying to be a fag I just don't get it.

>poorfag
You have no business buying a new vehicle. Shut up and buy something used that isn't a garbage chrysler product.

>posts a garbage GM product

the irony

The gmt800 is unironically one of the best trucks ever made, are you retarded?

Driving a sports car or a muscle car and not having burnt rubber on the rear rockers is just as bad. Sports car owners will admit that they don't care about laptimes or 0-60 times.

>GM

The SS Camero that never goes above 70 MPH gets you pussy and normies think you're cool. For all practical purposes of appearance a used basic 20k SS Camero is a supercar and only car enthusiasts would shit on it.

Fuck, I've been looking for that picture for ages.
Thanks man.

Camaro's are old people cars to most chicks. A truck will always get you more ass.

Now that you've gotten the memeposting out of the way, do you want to consider having a rational discussion like adults? Give me something ACTUALLY wrong with GMT800s with sources, not just "gm".

*camaro

The GMT800 is likely the best truck platform out there. With regular maintenance they can outlive your grandkids

meme'd on kiddo

>Putting this in an SUV
>Gross

You're half right, most 1/2tons are basically SUVs with a bed, because that's what the owners want.

SUVs in that size class aren't really more efficient, or smaller, or easier to park.
A Chevy suburban for example is the size of a 1500class truck.

>But how can I do this without a $70,000 Baja buggy?

>he only got one wheel up

Holy kek, I've done more in a Subaru

I live in Colorado, you subaru fags can get to the mountains, but not over.

don't break your steering system

My dad has one and the only problem I have with it are the cheap plastic interior parts like the vents and the steering column cover. I couldn't care more about a few plastic pieces. But it never broke down with the 175k miles that it has. We don't really use it for towing, just for the bed. The heaviest thing we towed was a skid steer with a trailer making it about 4 tons.

>Solid front axle
>Disconnectable front swaybar
>Factory Winch

He'll be fine, displacelet.

have you not heard
dodge.com/universal/webselfservice/pdf/H46.pdf

Did you really waste your time finding recalls of year models we arent even discussing? hahahahahahaha

>American trucks are shitboxes

water is wet

>japanese quality

>buttblasted amerifat

media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=15075&mid=1
That one was outdated, they later included 2008-12 models which could be.

>Still waiting for you to land on the moon

>so buttblasted he starts sperging about irrelevant garbage

why is triggering the mutts so easy?

Do you really want to play this game?

>Being shitty at everything
>Thinks he's winning
>BTFO in several threads
>Kidlet is in full wimp-lo denial mode

Props for effort though kid, losing effort for you ultimately but props on the hustle.

nice choice, my dude

I hate tundras and tacomas too, that doesn't hurt me one bit.

>he is raging this hard
I've clearly left a mark

>he's too embarrassed now to back away

That's for the laughs tonight little bro

>"please please back away!, leave me alone!"

were you molested as a kid? having flashbacks now?

>VW
>Jag
>Haval
>RR
>Fucking Maserati

Just

>buying a pickup
>worried about parking
Wut

Most trucks and SUVs share platforms within their Corp. So a half ton Chevy would share the exact frame as a Escalade and usually would get the same mileage.

In Montana, where we use our trucks as trucks and people use their trucks to get groceries just as much, it's illegal to keep a hitch in the receiver hitch when it's not in use.

And who buys trucks to haul? You buy trucks to pull