>easier to operate
>fun is not an objective measurement
>cost nearly the same to buy and maintain

Prove me wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/miar5eKG4uY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>fun is not an objective measurement
no, its subjective but it still renders this entire conversation invalid as choice is all that matters in cars. If there was no choice, we would all be driving soviet style econocars, all in white

listen user, people like different things, okay?

There is objectively no reason to own a car.

There is objectively no reason to live.

>...where my hidden castor beans, yo?

Thanks prez/o/ you're my favorite shitposter

but shat if my objective reason to live is to own a car and my objective reason to own a car is to provide me with a reason to live?

My reason to live is to help do my part to advance society

>faggot

A. You don't know what 'objective' means.
B. You are a massive sucker, life is a giant slaughter-fest and 'human progress' only hastens the death of life on our planet, see removed song from the movie "Heavy Metal" below. Oh yeah, and smoke moar, faggot.
youtu.be/miar5eKG4uY

>dual clutch exists
Got you there OP DCTs, as amazing as they are, aren't as cheap as a manual. This of course dosnt invalidate your point, DCTs are much more advanced tech and of course are going to be more expensive, but I had to point out that discrepancy. Here are some objective reasons to own a manual I could think of if you're american and drive a sports car
1) Theft prevention. Big one there, you can't deny that most would be car theives can't drive stick
2) Chicks dig it. This only applies to sports cars, girls dont reallycare if your econobox is manual, they just assume its old and shitty. But for some reason, if you have a manual performance car, and you know how to drive it well, girls who don't know shit about cars fall for it every time.

I don't even know how to drive autos, but DCT really seem nice.

You'd have to be a retard to buy a new car with a manual transmission

>better mpg
No

Manual transmissions are typically
>Smaller
>Lighter
>Simpler both mechanically and electrically
>Cheaper to manufacture and purchase on a vehicle
>Cheaper to repair
>Easier to repair
>Less prone to failure in the first place
>FR's can be towed with the rear wheels on the road without removing the driveshaft

And I suppose you just expect us to take your word for it?

Yes
>t.6 figure bonus and tested 145 IQ

And I suppose you just expect us to take your word on that too ehh?

Human progress right now involves finding and implementing ways to not fuck up the planet.

Why would someone go out of their way to post fake facts? To win pointless arguments online? That's just silly.

CVT is up your valley then.

Winning arguments online with real facts backed up with data is one thing, but I'll agree with you that just using completely false claims about oneself to win an argument online is pointless. This, and the meme arguments, are currently whats degrading the quality of Veeky Forums. Regardless, I still don't believe you.

>less prone to failure

By using african slaves (in africa) to mine rare earth metals which are source-laundered in south asia, then assembled by chinese teens, shipped across the pacific, packaged in cali or washington (with eco-friendly stickers), so that some guy (musk, jobs, et al) can play god then hide his money from taxes (the people) in shell companies and offshore bank accounts so that yuppies can buy the same products every 18 months to look 'green?'

Yeaah, no. There is no magical source of free energy which doesn't kill quickly or slowly. The entropy of a system will always increase.

I have a mechanical engineering degree and a computer engineering degree. I wanted to to big things and save people from misery, but the rules of the universe never change.

t. tripfag

They break

I prefer manuals in small or compact cars, automatics in large cars and both in intermediate cars.

Where I live all cheap new econoboxes are manuel, 10k eurobucks. The first DCT ones start at 17k or so.

For cheap cars manual is far better. My gf has a manual 2006 ford focus, and my mate has a 2012 auto focus. I drove the auto for the first time and it was horrible.

“People who brag about their IQ are losers.” - Stephen Hawking

But really though, I also don’t believe you.

You’re not wrong.

But it’s completely invalid because for enthusiasts it’s a subjective choice.

>There is objectively no reason to own a car.
you clearly dont live in australia

But you have no reason to live, thus owning a car is pointless

a car is the only viable form of transport in the majority of places where australians live

>reee stop driving cars I cant drive because I'm an useless cunt!

>Same people who are buying supercars with DCT, have sent the values of 90's and 00's manual supercars into space.
Really activate my almonds lads.