>Post Your Scoot
>Endure The Ridicule
>Enjoy Your Hobby
>Mopeds & Minibikes Allowed

How much gear do you ride in?

GET A FUCKING JOB KEK

I've got one, thanks!

SURE THING HOMO

Actually just passed my 5 year mark last week!

5 years sucking dick

Making coffee, actually

I start work in march
>tfw temp NEET life since November last year

Wait there's a 3rd person in the thread? Neat!

Hey guys. :)

You have a thread already, go there.

if this is a bike where is the gear lever

Fuck off and talk about my NEET life

Still looks like a crotch rocket

Well what do you ride?

i ride ur mum

Why can't I find a local scoot bro to go camping with?

I ride a scooter because me and a friend fixed one up that was purchased for all of $100 and I'm apparently too poor to keep a car running when $300 repairs come up.

Been fixing it and riding it for 2 years, finally decided I'm gonna save up and get a better scooter.

Pic related. It had mirrors and new seat cover fitted before I ever rode it and I don't bother to photograph it very often, for obvious reasons. Most of the plastic is falling off.

I don't get the hate scooters get from motorcyclists.

Daily reminder that scooters are for poor people, flaming camp gay men, and young women.

At least I'm not riding the bus.

If you ever ride a real motorbike, you'll understand that scooters are shit. To me, they're a novelty item. It'd be fun for 5 minutes, but that novelty wears off quickly.
However, as long as you're on two wheels and have an engine I don't really care. I'll still wave.

All I do is commute at 40 mph.

It's kind of funny you call it a novelty. I've been riding all winter. A friend of mine has a few motorcycles and I've ridden his gsx-600 before, but he's only now getting his bikes ready for "the season." I ride my scooter almost every day and never have I felt "this is too slow" anymore than my old corolla is too slow. That's not the point.

It's a cheap way to get around, and even puttering around town it's more fun than a car. I can park anywhere and I'm not even the slowest thing on the road.

I think some motorcyclists are just offended at the idea of practicality. It's a fast toy and otherwise useless. That someone would go shopping on two wheels is an outrage. It's supposed to be uncomfortable, cumbersome, impractical and loud or it's not a real motorcycle.

To put it another way, I've traded absolute speed for something I can live with every day and afford. This no different than than the difference between a corvette and a cobalt. I'm in the cobalt, but it's still a car. To say otherwise is just elitism and, ultimately, just your opinion.

You have a board already, go there.

>not a motorcycle, must be a bicycle

My bike is, legally, both a motorcycle and freeway legal. A Grom is not freeway legal, or even really meant for highway use.

I commute year round on a KLR so I can share your dislike of "Pleasure riders" who shit on commuter vehicles with their expensive toys that they might only get out on weekends.

I think the greater point is that scooters generally are fairly slow and frequently hold up traffic which is a nuisance to other drivers, you could do the same thing with a practical motorcycle (Read, dual-sport or standard) and you'd be able to carry more cargo and actually keep up with traffic but still have cheap insurance and other operating costs, the only real barrier is a marginally higher initial purchase price but you gain so much more capability as well.

Are mopeds, dare I say it, god tier?

I think you're conflating scooters and mopeds. A PCX is not going to hold traffic up and has a boatload of cargo space even without a top box or luggage fitted. This is a small scooter, there's a lot of bikes a 650 burgman will walk away from.

Basically you give up a clutch lever and gain a ton of storage. Mopeds have their place, but scooters don't have to be slow and most models aren't at normal traffic speeds, while others are just legitimately quick. It might be v6 camry quick, not ferrari quick, but I'm just going shopping.

>Barista
>Rides a moped
you can't make this shit up

Bro I've had 2 scooters, they're fun and great but motorcycles are better

I like that you just ride scooters wide open all the time, but I miss how the old 2-strokes went REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Had my Suzuki SJ125T for a little while
>Tfw 15hp water cooled single 4T
>Get stickier tyres and uprated springs on forks
Had to weld up the header because it was dragging on the road too much and then blew up when I hit 102km/h. Fun as fuck, could make bigger bikes sweat for about 2 seconds off the lights. Other than that, a scooter is just a scooter. Bikes are better in all aspects, except storage.

>scooters have better storage
Only because you fags would never get a pair of bags
And even then, pic related has you beat

Scooters always feel like you're riding a very narrow awkward chair and are about to slide off at any moment.

>And even then, pic related has you beat

Lol ok

Sorry, how is that having scooters beat in storage?

ehh

>Plebs

What are you sorry for?

No, I said 'beat' in storage, not 'approaching mediocre in comparison'.

When I was 6, I stood up to a bully who would push my face into the drinking fountain for lolsies. The teachers wouldn't do anything, so I waited for him one day and kicked his face into it, breaking 4 baby teeth and causing the parent/teacher board to expel me.

This bare minimum on a scooter. Even some 50cc mopeds can fit one helmet.

Sounds like he's the one who was sorry.

Probably. I wonder if he ever bullied again, or if he got worse.

Moscow retro scooters community here

Stop hacking our freedom

I'll tell mr. Putin you were concerned

I do see them for pizza hut sometimes
>tfw no eagle boys

Friend helped me fix mine last weekend. End result is so horrible I didnt even picture it

I actually had a motorcycle and I chose to go back to a scooter. It was way more fun

In the Netherlands if you limit a scooter to 35km/h you can ride it on the bike lane without a helmet.
It’s the fastest way of moving through cities.

86 Honda Aero 50 I picked up not too long ago.

But then you have to live in the Low Countries.

Nice, I had an 84 Spree i ended up giving away because I didn't have the time or tools to work on it

Said no one ever.

YES
E
S

In really urban places it's easy for a scooter to be more fun. You're gonna be on the clutch more than the gas and the power difference is meaningless.

Also, one can own both.